[Drama 2014] Secret Love Affair 밀회

Guest uburoi

chingulinka said: I have been thinking about the OTP and I have very different feelings about SJ and about HW.
In general SJ is a very good guy - I really like him - he is responsible, hard-working, clean, sensitive, sincere, loving, open, shy, brave, caring, a boy and a man at the same time, good-looking, humble, idealistic, naive, a genius musician... But he is not perfect - he has one major flaw - he fell for a married woman and seduced her.
HW on the other hand is the opposite - she is scheming, cunning, lying, unfaithful, egoistic, cynical, manipulative, secretive, insincere, shameless, greedy, selling herself...
And yet, there is something undefinable in her that makes me like her, despite all bad things... it must be what SJ saw in her too - the spark of goodness and sensitiveness, her perception of music, her caring personality and her suffering behind the mask of wellbeing...

She is one flawed character with a few good features, he is one good character with one big flaw. What connects them is their love for each other. It will change HW for the better, I hope it won't change SJ for the worse..

Guest ineetha

dualnon

said:

ineetha

said:

dualnon

said:

chingulinka

said:

And yet, there is something undefinable in her that makes me like her, despite all bad things... it must be what SJ saw in her too - the spark of goodness and sensitiveness, her perception of music, her caring personality and her suffering behind the mask of wellbeing...

She is one flawed character with a few good features, he is one good character with one big flaw. What connects them is their love for each other. It will change HW for the better, I hope it won't change SJ for the worse..

Guest dualnon

Some reasons why I like HW

--doesn't bat an eye at forgetting her skirt and seamlessly covers by using her scarf
--is really smart
--is really talented
--spots and nurtures talent
--doesn't compromise principles when it comes to talent
--treats people with respect and care regardless of social class
--is sensitive to the needs of strangers
--is not afraid to break a bottle and wave it around a bar
--pretty much runs the whole Seohan business
--knows how to lounge at home
--when decides to love, gives it her all
--thinks of a tiny rundown apartment as home
--can really let loose the crazy
--brings out the best in SJ

Guest ineetha

dualnon said: Some reasons why I like HW

--doesn't bat an eye at forgetting her skirt and seamlessly covers by using her scarf
--is really smart
--is really talented
--spots and nutures talent
--doesn't compromise principles when it comes to talent
--treats people with respect and care regardless of social class
--is sensitive to the needs of strangers
--is not afraid to break a bottle and wave it around a bar
--pretty much runs the whole Seohan business
--knows how to lounge at home
--when decides to love, gives it her all
--thinks of a tiny rundown apartment as home
--can really let loose the crazy
--brings out the best in SJ

Guest dualnon

ineetha said:

dualnon

said:

ineetha

said:

dualnon

said:

chingulinka

said:

Guest junebugg

dualnon said: chingulinka said: I have been thinking about the OTP and I have very different feelings about SJ and about HW.
In general SJ is a very good guy - I really like him - he is responsible, hard-working, clean, sensitive, sincere, loving, open, shy, brave, caring, a boy and a man at the same time, good-looking, humble, idealistic, naive, a genius musician... But he is not perfect - he has one major flaw - he fell for a married woman and seduced her.
HW on the other hand is the opposite - she is scheming, cunning, lying, unfaithful, egoistic, cynical, manipulative, secretive, insincere, shameless, greedy, selling herself...

Guest ellecue888

My first FMV combining my fave SJ-HW moments with my fave song.  I welcome your constructive criticisms.
@nanadd, please be extra gentle.

junebugg  wrote
My sentiment exactly. I was trying to write a FF on SLA and gave up with disappointment when I was drafting SJ's screen character. Though he remarks that he isn't playing the piano to impress her, nor is he a personality to run behind fame (Ep 6, before the epic hug) I can't believe that the guy didn't strive to unveil his talents to the world. Poverty might be named as one reason for the missing pursuits. One could also argue that he probably didn't know his worth to carve a niche for himself (coming from Ep 2 after Hye Won comments such finding him eager for appreciation.) But, when I go back to his screen name 'I'm a genius,' in the forum where he communicates with 'stone deaf ear' hyung, I can't dismiss that he wasn't entirely oblivious to his talents. 
Why the inertia towards the same, on SJ's part has not been explained. He seems to have been content not graduating, being a quotidian delivery boy, without going in search of opportunities. If one is to put forth the argument that SJ believes in enjoying music and not make a career out of it, then his ready assent to joining the SoHan college now and participating in international competitions, leaves me questioning his motives again. Is he a mere clay doll in Hye Won's hands, accepting her ambitions for him? Is his foremost reason to consider a piano education now, was to stay beside Hye Won?
The answers might be covered in the upcoming episodes but for now, I'm going to attribute it to loose writing and incomplete characterization. All this leads me, not to scrutinize Hye Won's affections for him, but wonder if his juvenile love and passion for HW will stand the test of time?
Great point!!!  I have also wondered if SJ's love for HW will stand the test of time and circumstances.  As we all know,  the next episodes are going to be very difficult for these two.  Junebugg you read my mind.

Guest ellecue888

@nanadd, thanks.  Thank you also for the application you recommended, videopad.  This is my 2nd project, the first one I scrapped because I put in too many scenes, one from each episode, and the kissing scenes most especially that the project looked like trash.
I liked this better because I wanted to capture SJ's facial expressions when they are together but not the crying scenes.  It took me about 12 hours to make this and I need to catch up on ,my sleep.  Thanks again. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Guest junebugg

estrellabrillante

said:

Great point!!!  I have also wondered if SJ's love for HW will stand the test of time and circumstances.  As we all know,  the next episodes are going to be very difficult for these two.  Junebugg you read my mind.

Guest dualnon

I want to do the @ktomato favorite scene game some more.  It's in ep 9 when they're on the couch in the school music room.  SJ says he can't hug HW in public because it's adultery and she laughs so hard her tummy hurts.  I love his expression.  He's gotten used to riding out her various reactions.  It's hilarious.

My favourite scene is when SJ gets the book after he left his home, his piano behind. And he reads it and it's so sad the way he starts to cry. It feels so real!

I absolutely love the way this actor can cry. And I like his tummy! It's difficult to see a k-drama lead with a little tummy instead of abs, but sitting for many hours in front of a piano doesn't help to a great appearance, so it feels (again) more true to the story.

I bet Yoon Ah In enjoyed getting ready for this part! Lol!

Yes, it was a storm of passion inside SJ and he pursued it. It would be sad if its just a blow over. Partly, I blame it on narration, for the innumerable questions we harbor. 

I'm afraid that the PDs approach to the story was not done the right way. I'm unclear if they defined the number of episodes before they framed the story. However, the alternate approach would have been wiser. In truth, I felt Hye Won's falling for SJ was quite hurried. I wouldn't have minded a story which only focused on how their relationship came to be and leaving us with hints of the possible outcome. But, now that they have another 10 episodes to fill, we have all the uncalled for complications. I would have loved SLA more, if it was a story between SJ, HW and everything else that they have to give up (insert husband, societal status, fame etc.) 

SJ fell for HW, at first sight - I seem to be having problems with that too, after spending quite some time trying to write a FF. I wish they had worked it out slowly, to make it more credible. Perhaps, then we would all convinced

that SJ wasn't keeling over, under the weight of a possible attraction. 

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I felt the same way that the OTP falling in love with each other like within the 1st 2-3 episodes is kinda rushed and under normal circumstances not so believable. But then I started to think - was the circumstance normal?

If u recall their 1st interaction was that piano audition that apparently was a whole day long and so intensed that nobody ate lunch or dinner. And of course the highlight of that meeting was the orgasmic piano duet the 2 experienced.

Now I am by any definition not musically inclined and not properly trained in music. So I'd be most grateful if those of u (there are at least 2 I think, @shamrockmum and @docster6?) whom are musically trained and talented please enlighten me on this - IS IT REALLY POSSIBLE to have 2 pp playing a duet experience sexual tension and organism by playing piano together??!

Remember that that was one powerful meeting of the 2 that left them with sweet insomnia. It was that overwhelming and potent their first encounter. That can't be normal circumstances right? So maybe their love at first sight is justifiable. You know, they're on some different level from the rest becoz they connected thru music. Us mere mortal will not be able to comprehend.....ever....

Guest junebugg

ktomato said:

estrellabrillante

said: