[Drama 2014] Secret Love Affair 밀회

Guest uburoi

Guest AudreyB

diamond888

said:

ktomato

said:

Since we're on the topic of HW watching SJ play piano, I have a very rewatch-worthy clip to share too! U know right after the kiss-punishment (btw I'll never get what was going on in HW's head when she did that! I mean if my piano teacher were to give me that kind of punishment, I'd be screaming "Paedophile! Paedophile! Hahaha). 

Many of us have read Shorty's quick recap of recent Secret Love Affair episodes, we should read the top part of her post now, explaining the general mood of South Koreans on the street. After reading it, we should have more appreciation that Drama is only secondary:

http://soulsrebel.wordpress.com/2014/03/26/secret-love-affair-snippets/#more-41917

dualnon said:
mensi said: Hello everyone! Do you remember the moment SJ took the phones from HW's bag and looked at it like ... Surprised? upset? I don't understand what his feelings were. I mean, he knew that she had two phones, she told him: this is my personal phone. And then, he wouldn't put the phone back into the bag but kept it, she had to go to him to pick it up. Why? Is there something I'm missing? Can you help me with that? Thanks and take care!

Guest dualnon

docster6 said: After sleeping on it for one night, I am now almost certain Hye Won will leave Seohan, at least asking for a leave. Her long look at her office before heading to Chairman Seo's home was one indicator to me. Also, if the PD decided to title a preview of an episode as Chopin and George Sand, that must have something to do with it. Chopin and Sand spent an extended period together, just the two of them. Sand told Chopin he is too good to perform for the Czarist Butchers (rich rulers) and he should be away composing great music. The problem is they would need a piano, even SJ's piano is on a lease from the Art Center, so they couldn't just play on that. I think they will go back to Hye Won's old house and I am sure they have a piano there as HW learned to play as a youngster. She got good enough to be accepted to the Arts High School later. Okay, this is pure speculation, unlike most of my previous posts.

Guest dualnon

@docster6 please read up on all pianists who had an affair with their older married teacher.  We need a resident expert who can speculate with authority.  You may think I'm kidding . . .

Guest ineetha

dualnon said:

mensi said:

Hello everyone! Do you remember the moment SJ took the phones from HW's bag and looked at it like ... Surprised? upset? I don't understand what his feelings were. I mean, he knew that she had two phones, she told him: this is my personal phone.

And then, he wouldn't put the phone back into the bag but kept it, she had to go to him to pick it up. Why? Is there something I'm missing? Can you help me with that?

Thanks and take care!

estrellabrillante said:

Me too.  I am not sure why he was surprised about the phone.  

It really hit home that they were doing something illicit because HW was having to hide their communications. 

About keeping the phone, when she went to the music room to get it, she said it was her fault because she'd used it after him.  I wasn't sure whether that was just showing the difficulty of managing their secret or if there was something more.  She's so controlled with all her other secrets, I'm amazed at her lack of composure when it comes to SJ.

Let me try on this topic, I am just as confused as everyone. After coming back from the rooftop hiding from Da Mi and Jang Ho, Hye Won went to the bathroom to wash up.  Since she is efficient and is a multi-tasking woman, she asked Seon Jae to call a cab for her to go back (she rode on his motorcycle to his apartment). She asked him to use her "affair" phone, not the work phone because that would leave a trace that she called a cab that early morning or late evening. Maybe SJ was just wondering which phone is which. It turned out he used the wrong phone and forgot to put it back. So when Hye Won got to work and her secretary told her that Young Woo was looking for her and at that time she realized the phone she has in her bag is the affair phone and the work phone is with SJ still. That was the reason she missed Young Woo's call for her to go to the hair salon to report. It was lucky that SJ was in the piano room at that time and she got that work phone back quickly. So she has missed important calls from Young Woo and from Madam Han, so she is definitely off her game right now.

After sleeping on it for one night, I am now almost certain Hye Won will leave Seohan, at least asking for a leave. Her long look at her office before heading to Chairman Seo's home was one indicator to me. Also, if the PD decided to title a preview of an episode as Chopin and George Sand, that must have something to do with it. Chopin and Sand spent an extended period together, just the two of them. Sand told Chopin he is too good to perform for the Czarist Butchers (rich rulers) and he should be away composing great music. The problem is they would need a piano, even SJ's piano is on a lease from the Art Center, so they couldn't just play on that. I think they will go back to Hye Won's old house and I am sure they have a piano there as HW learned to play as a youngster. She got good enough to be accepted to the Arts High School later. Okay, this is pure speculation, unlike most of my previous posts.

@docster6‌ : love this story line.

Wouldn't it be great if it sheds more light to HW past. That's one important part of the puzzle that's most missing.

After watching AWC, I feel the drama is evolution of a woman getting her lost life back.

But in SLA I don't see true friends or supporters for HW.

Thanks to all who recommended AWC.

It's awesome. It can't replace SLA but definitely made me forget to look at clock for every few mins and count the days and my second favorite of all time.

ineetha said: After watching AWC, I feel the drama is evolution of a woman getting her lost life back. But in SLA I don't see true friends or supporters for HW. Thanks to all who recommended AWC. It's awesome. It can't replace SLA but definitely made me forget to look at clock for every few mins and count the days and my second favorite of all time.

Guest dualnon

docster6 said: dualnon said: @docster6 please read up on all pianists who had an affair with their older married teacher.  We need a resident expert who can speculate with authority.  You may think I'm kidding . . .

arashihonou said: after reading about
Frederick Chopin & George Sand www(dot)michael-lunts.co.uk/georgesand.htm
Brahms and Clara Schumann
http://www.theguardian.com/music/2003/apr/26/classicalmusicandopera.artsfeatures2
Ivo Pogorelich and Aliza Kezeradze. http://www.haaretz.com/culture/arts-leisure/playing-himself-to-tears-1.264390

i wonder whats up with all of this famous pianist and their tendencies to fall for older (married) women
so interesting

adding Franz Liszt also had an affair with Marie d'Agoult who was married and 6 year his senior

docster6 said: dualnon said:
mensi said: Hello everyone! Do you remember the moment SJ took the phones from HW's bag and looked at it like ... Surprised? upset? I don't understand what his feelings were. I mean, he knew that she had two phones, she told him: this is my personal phone. And then, he wouldn't put the phone back into the bag but kept it, she had to go to him to pick it up. Why? Is there something I'm missing? Can you help me with that? Thanks and take care!

junebugg said: Did the below article get posted here already? 
http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/18054/20140324/yoo-ah-in-i-want-love-affair-to-be-my-best-known-drama.htm

Interesting comment towards the end: In addition Yoo Ah In said on the ending of the drama Love Affair, "I do not thnk much about the ending of the drama. I think the end of the love does not always have to be marriage."

ineetha said: Few cents about my feel on SLA ending  ,  .. 
Though I root for HW and SJ together , its morally wrong , so they have to suffer consequences for Adultery . So they lose something very important to them as form of redemption . 
Now for HW - she held MONEY ( first priority ) earlier . Now she has SJ and his International career as her topmost priorities . So she might be losing TWO of the 3 .  Coz , she has been deceiving for a long time . So MONEY is gone for sure . So its Either SJ or his Career she has to sacrifice, Since she holds both dear to her.
For SJ - He has only 2 - HW and his Piano . So if he has to redeem for wanting another man's woman , then he has to lose one of them . 
hmm .. What I would want to happen as end is , HW getting liberated and becoming a free spirit and be independent of SJ or his Piano and be self sufficient in her own way . Earlier she wanted MONEY - to fill her void space.Now she needs SJ - to complete herself . So if she comes out of both of them, be independent and learn to be a happy and peaceful person to her own self . That itself is a happy ending . 
HW's marriage , Foundation , her Friendship etc .. are all fiascos and sidelines so far . In reality she is just deeply disturbed wandering spirit with no roots any where except for MUSIC .

As for SJ - Am not sure what he will choose !! Can he live without HW or Piano . I cannot choose one for him .. You guys can choose one for him :-)
Am I making sense here ?? 

docster6 said: It is actually not that difficult for Hye Won to walk away from Seohan; she is pretty clean except for her parents' account with Madam Han's chocolate money. Hye Won owns NOTHING.  Young Woo reminded her that Young Woo owns the condo, the cars, basically everything (except Hye Won's clothes). Also, when Kang checked Hye Won's glove box in her car, he found gasoline receipts. That means Hye Won buys gasoline using the company card. To outdo Young Woo, Madam Han reminded Hye Won she is the one who gave Professor Kang the job at the university. After the mahjong meeting in which Hye Won got hurt by Young Woo, Kang and Hye Won had an argument. Hye Won actually reminisced about the old days when they were in the twenties and they had nothing. Kang was angry, saying she would be happy to go back to those days (meaning he couldn't). Since Hye Won was comfortable at Seon Jae's mice-infested apartment, calling it a true home, and that she survived hiding in the storage room with mice and a cat going at it. I can see nothing stopping the heroine from leaving Seohan and go back to the basics. I would just say then, Hye Won, hwaiting!

estrellabrillante said:   mensi asked:Hello everyone! Do you remember the moment SJ took the phones from HW's bag and looked at it like ... Surprised? upset? I don't understand what his feelings were. I mean, he knew that she had two phones, she told him: this is my personal phone. 

And then, he wouldn't put the phone back into the bag but kept it, she had to go to him to pick it up. Why? Is there something I'm missing? Can you help me with that?

Thanks and take care!

********************Me too.  I am not sure why he was surprised about the phone.  

ktomato said: I can't believe its only Thurs! It felt like 100 years have passed and there's another 100 years to go! How about a little game to tide us over? We've all been dreaming about the best endings for our OTP, lets think of the worst one to avoid! I'm not going to post mine now becuz I'm quite sure I've come up with the ultimate worst ending that no one will top! Aaa hahahaha (evil laugh) >:) But for now ill give fellow Bored members a chance at a go if there are any takers. Heehee