[Drama 2014] Secret Love Affair 밀회

Guest uburoi

Guest alambala

i've read many comments here where ppl would like HW &SJ to end up together but feel that if it happens they must be punished in some way for their adultery and for hurting innocent third parties. i actually think that their situation is pretty simple from this perspective (more complicated from others) - i'll clarify

1. based on the info we got until now - HW doesn't owe anything to her husband - emotionally or otherwise; them parting ways will cause no emotional suffering, maybe of the financial sort for prof Kang
2. SJ similarly is not attached to Da Mi - it seems their affair has never been reciprocated so he has never really been cheating on her
3. there are no kids involved

so in terms of hurt to others, i see no roadblocks to their relationship and no reason for the writer to punish them for embarking on it.

there are other reasons for which the characters might not get a clean-cut happy ending
1. HW's dealings - she is involved in illegalities that could require jail time etc if there's something that should be punished , is her (hopefully) previous rotten way of life
2. the age difference - in two ways - social condemnation (maybe HW's family) or simply difference in maturity level. Their passion/ talent for music equalizes them at least when the two of them are together but maybe not enough in the eyes of the world. As of now ppl are suspicious but we don't know yet how the other characters will react when their relationship is widely known (or whether HW &SJ will care about their reactions).
3. HW's personality - it might be too late for her to change, she has spent years living her duplicitous life --- she might not be able to extricate herself sufficiently in order to make the relationship with SJ work long-term - how SJ wants her to be is not how she can live (hopefully this won't be the case)

I have so many favorite scenes it's hard to choose. I particularly liked the scene in episode 8 when SJ finds out HW is at his home. The hesitation at first, glancing upstairs then taking them slowly all while primping slightly as he's not quite sure why HW is there. All that builds up to the reveal of HW upstairs dressed in his clothes prepared to stay a while, and the smile on his face when he sees her conveys such happiness. I've seen it several times and it still gets me.

bebebisous33

said:

ineetha

said: In the absence of SLA.. I wanted to watch something as mind blowing as this one. . But nothing captured my interest. But heard KHA in A WIFE'S CREDENTIALS is very good and is by same team of SLA. Can u guys let me know where I can watch it. I don't find them in both viki and dramafever.com

Guest ineetha

@bebebisous33 and @docster6  and @dualnon - Thank you . am already watching it and believe me .. its SUPERB :-)thank you guys .. 

kdramafanfan said: Ok...I see I've missed some backstory lol. Ok, well now I get their friendship. So that's interesting....HW has been Chairman's right hand "man" this whole time. I wonder what she was doing before working at the Foundation. I think you're the local expert on this drama lol. Thanks! 

The hair salon scares me a little bit for the next episode. The regulars there are Madam Han, Young Woo, Kim In Joo (the cello professor), Madam Baek, Da Mi and Hye Won.  Hye Won might avoid going there for now, I know the rich girl Yo Ra won't go there any more. Recall Da Mi over-hearing the cello professor talking to Madam Baek about how Professor Kang sent all the other students to a rented hall and use the foundation concert to feature Seon Jae. The gossip was that Seon Jae must mean more to Hye Won than his talent alone. That was when Da Mi became alarmed and asked Jang Ho to get more information on the Seon Jae's professor's wife. The scary thing is that even "outsiders" like Madam Baek are talking about an affair. Also, Kim In Joo is Kim Hye Kyung's sister and that is why Young Woo and the cello professor are sisters-in-law. Now Young Woo is mad at Hye Kyung for bringing the investigation to her father. Madam Han likes Madam Baek (as a financial adviser) and has interactions with In Joo. Da Mi is involved with Seon Jae. Madam Han and Young Woo hate each other. So pretty much everyone who goes to that salon is involved in the entire scandal. What a mess. I do know Madam Han will talk to Da Mi in the next episode about Hye Won, this is going to be a mess at that salon.
One thing that relieves some stress from me is that Young Woo's husband, Kim Hye Kyung (actor Jang Hyun Sung), is not a regular in the show. Jang has only a cameo, so he won't be around that long. So perhaps that scandal will blow away quickly.

It is actually not that difficult for Hye Won to walk away from Seohan; she is pretty clean except for her parents' account with Madam Han's chocolate money. Hye Won owns NOTHING.  Young Woo reminded her that Young Woo owns the condo, the cars, basically everything (except Hye Won's clothes). Also, when Kang checked Hye Won's glove box in her car, he found gasoline receipts. That means Hye Won buys gasoline using the company card. To outdo Young Woo, Madam Han reminded Hye Won she is the one who gave Professor Kang the job at the university. After the mahjong meeting in which Hye Won got hurt by Young Woo, Kang and Hye Won had an argument. Hye Won actually reminisced about the old days when they were in the twenties and they had nothing. Kang was angry, saying she would be happy to go back to those days (meaning he couldn't). Since Hye Won was comfortable at Seon Jae's mice-infested apartment, calling it a true home, and that she survived hiding in the storage room with mice and a cat going at it. I can see nothing stopping the heroine from leaving Seohan and go back to the basics. I would just say then, Hye Won, hwaiting!

I can't believe its only Thurs! It felt like 100 years have passed and there's another 100 years to go!

How about a little game to tide us over? We've all been dreaming about the best endings for our OTP, lets think of the worst one to avoid!

I'm not going to post mine now becuz I'm quite sure I've come up with the ultimate worst ending that no one will top! Aaa hahahaha (evil laugh) >:)

But for now ill give fellow Bored members a chance at a go if there are any takers. Heehee

Guest Startulle

Christina Lantis said: I have so many favorite scenes it's hard to choose. I particularly liked the scene in episode 8 when SJ finds out HW is at his home. The hesitation at first, glancing upstairs then taking them slowly all while primping slightly as he's not quite sure why HW is there. All that builds up to the reveal of HW upstairs dressed in his clothes prepared to stay a while, and the smile on his face when he sees her conveys such happiness. I've seen it several times and it still gets me.

It is actually not that difficult for Hye Won to walk away from Seohan; she is pretty clean except for her parents' account with Madam Han's chocolate money. Hye Won owns NOTHING.  Young Woo reminded her that Young Woo owns the condo, the cars, basically everything (except Hye Won's clothes). Also, when Kang checked Hye Won's glove box in her car, he found gasoline receipts. That means Hye Won buys gasoline using the company card. To outdo Young Woo, Madam Han reminded Hye Won she is the one who gave Professor Kang the job at the university. After the mahjong meeting in which Hye Won got hurt by Young Woo, Kang and Hye Won had an argument. Hye Won actually reminisced about the old days when they were in the twenties and they had nothing. Kang was angry, saying she would be happy to go back to those days (meaning he couldn't). Since Hye Won was comfortable at Seon Jae's mice-infested apartment, calling it a true home, and that she survived hiding in the storage room with mice and a cat going at it. I can see nothing stopping the heroine from leaving Seohan and go back to the basics. I would just say then, Hye Won, hwaiting!

Very insightful indeed but hang on. What does buying gasoline got to do with anything??

Guest Cielo Azul

Startulle said: Christina Lantis said: I have so many favorite scenes it's hard to choose. I particularly liked the scene in episode 8 when SJ finds out HW is at his home. The hesitation at first, glancing upstairs then taking them slowly all while primping slightly as he's not quite sure why HW is there. All that builds up to the reveal of HW upstairs dressed in his clothes prepared to stay a while, and the smile on his face when he sees her conveys such happiness. I've seen it several times and it still gets me.

docster6
yes I also like the name Estrella; although in English it does not sound as pretty as in Spanish.  I actually know which street you are referring to...I lived in Irvine for a while....
Please keep your revelations and comments coming..they are helping me with this dry spell that we are all experiencing.  I just love our SLA family. 

@estrellabrillante yes I also like the name Estrella; although in English it does not sound as pretty as in Spanish.  I actually know which street you are referring to...I lived in Irvine for a while....

Although we are Chinese, 6 of 11 in my household speak Spanish fluently. Yes, I do know how to say Estrella, "ll" sounds like a "y". I live in Irvine right now and for the past 28 years. No, I wasn't lying even though I was sucking up, I really like Camino de Estrella, it is a rich area too.

Hello everyone! Do you remember the moment SJ took the phones from HW's bag and looked at it like ... Surprised? upset? I don't understand what his feelings were. I mean, he knew that she had two phones, she told him: this is my personal phone.

And then, he wouldn't put the phone back into the bag but kept it, she had to go to him to pick it up. Why? Is there something I'm missing? Can you help me with that?

Thanks and take care!

mensi asked:Hello everyone! Do you remember the moment SJ took the phones from HW's bag and looked at it like ... Surprised? upset? I don't understand what his feelings were. I mean, he knew that she had two phones, she told him: this is my personal phone. 

And then, he wouldn't put the phone back into the bag but kept it, she had to go to him to pick it up. Why? Is there something I'm missing? Can you help me with that?

Thanks and take care!

********************Me too.  I am not sure why he was surprised about the phone.  

Guest dualnon

mensi said: Hello everyone! Do you remember the moment SJ took the phones from HW's bag and looked at it like ... Surprised? upset? I don't understand what his feelings were. I mean, he knew that she had two phones, she told him: this is my personal phone. And then, he wouldn't put the phone back into the bag but kept it, she had to go to him to pick it up. Why? Is there something I'm missing? Can you help me with that? Thanks and take care!

ktomato said:

Since we're on the topic of HW watching SJ play piano, I have a very rewatch-worthy clip to share too! U know right after the kiss-punishment (btw I'll never get what was going on in HW's head when she did that! I mean if my piano teacher were to give me that kind of punishment, I'd be screaming "Paedophile! Paedophile! Hahaha).