An Pan-Seok

Writer: Jung Sung-Joo

Network: JTBC

Release Date: 17 March, 2014

Runtime: Mondays & Tuesdays 21:50

Cast:
Kim Hee-Ae - Oh Hye-Won
Yoo Ah-In - Lee Sun-Jae (young pianist)
Park Hyuk-Kwon - Kang Joon-Hyung (Oh Hye-Won's husband)

Shim Hye-Jin
- Han Sung-Sook (Hye-Won's friend)
Kim Hye-Eun - Seo Young-Woo (second wife of Hye-Won's father, Hye-Won's work rival)
Kyung Soo-Jin - Park Da-Mi
Shin Ji Ho - Ji Min-Woo
Jin Bora
Kim Chang-Wan
Kim Kwon

Plot:

"Secret Love Affair" tells the story of secret romance between Oh Hye-Won (Kim Hee-Ae), a woman in her 40's, and Lee Sun-Jae (Yoo Ah-In), a man in his 20's. 

Oh Hye-Won works as the director of planning for the Seohan Arts Foundation. She is elegant and excels at dealing with other people. Oh Hye-Won becomes involved in a love affair with Lee Sun-Jae. He is genius like pianist in his 20's.

credit to Asianwiki
image cr Yonhap News

f9bc8ee24da80aa7cbdf82d8b387a3b5.jpgcr. hankyung.com

Guest uburoi

Description = Hankyung DB / infant in gimhuiae Chillin
im. cr. hankyung.com

http://www.hancinema.net/upcoming-korean-drama-love-affair-64557.html
http://www.hancinema.net/yoo-ah-in-in-love-affair--2014-64688.html

http://www.dramabeans.com/2013/12/kim-hee-ae-headlines-noona-romance-for-cable/
http://www.soompi.com/2014/01/07/age-is-just-a-number-for-yoo-ah-in-and-kim-hee-ae-in-new-jtbc-drama/

So excited! I love both actors and A Wife Credential's was one of the few contemporary dramas this historical junkie liked recently.
I'll update later, but the story seems to be a variation on the same theme as WC. Hopefully we'll get a full trilogy : )

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Age Is Just a Number for Yoo Ah In and Kim Hee Ae in New JTBC Drama
yoo-ah-in-kim-hee-ae.png

Love has no bounds, especially on a Korean romance drama. It has been announced that actor Yoo Ah In and actress Kim Hee Ae will act as lovers on the upcoming JTBC drama, “Secret Love Affair” (working title).

However, the most eye catching aspect of this drama is that the two lovers will play characters who are 20 years apart.  “Secret Love Affair” follows the forbidden love of a composed woman in her 40s and a youthful man in his 20s.

Yoo Ah In will play a piano genius Lee Sun Jae. Despite his great talent and youthful spirit, the 20-something-year-old pianist will fall in love with a 40-something-year-old Oh Hye Won, played by Kim Hee Ae. Contrasting from Lee Sun Jae, Oh Hye Won is a calm, polished beauty who works as the planning leader at Seo Han Arts Foundation. She is known for her polite and behaved personality, as well as her excellent organizational skills.

Despite being busy assisting her boss in hiding secret documents, and simply being an outstanding worker, Oh Hye Won finds herself falling deeply in love with a man 20 years younger. The unpredictable love affair between two secret lovers is one to anticipate.  

Most notably, Kim Hee Ae, who starred in tvN’s “Nunas over Flower,” will challenge a role that goes against her well known image as a calm and polished mother.

“Secret Love Affair” will start broadcasting in March on JTBC.

Source (1)

Soompi News

• Like 1

Yoo Ah-in in "Love Affair - 2014"

photo390846.jpg

Yoo Ah-in is now Kim Hee-ae's man in the new JTBC drama "Love Affair - 2014".

"Love Affair - 2014" is a passionate and secretive love story of a woman in her 40s and a man in his 20s.

Kim Hee-ae plays Oh Hye-won, an elegant and humorous character who keeps herself strict on formality and presents herself well all the time.

She is assistant minister at the Seo Han Art Administration who advises the director and takes care of secret documents. She is centered around the high class society.

Yoo Ah-in is Lee Seon-jae, a genius pianist who will get her caught up in love.

Meanwhile, "Love Affair - 2014" is produced by Ahn Pan-seok and written by Jeong Seong-joo. To be aired in March after "Can We Love??"

Source : news.nate.com/view/20...

hancinema.net/yoo-ah-in-in-love-affair--2014-64688.html

• Like 1

Guest uburoi

The director, An Pan-Seok, is one of the best. His recent credits include A Wife's Credentials and The End of the World - both for jTBC. He's teaming up again with the WC scriptwriter Jung Sung-Joo and actress Kim Hee Ae.

Kim Hee-Ae and Yoo Ah-In already filmed together, YAI has a cameo in her upcoming movie Elegant Lies.

I thought they'd pick a relative newcomer opposite Hee-ae, but I'm not disappointed. I've read in one of the many news reports that, the PD and writer picked him, after seeing his performance in JOJ. At least something good came out of that.

Guest uburoi

class="at_ttl"Yoo Ah In Commits To Noona “Secret Love Affair”

BY Joan MacDonald | Jan 08, 2014 11:57 AM EST

Yoo Ah In
Kim Hee Ae
One thing k-drama does well is the noona romance between an older woman and a younger man but usually the age difference between the characters is less than a decade. Consider Lee Jong Suk and Lee Bo Young in "I Hear Your Voice" or Lee Chung Ah and Jung Il Woo in "Flower Boy Ramen Shop." Or how about Kim Bum and Park Jin Hee in "The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry?"

But Yoo Ah In's upcoming JTBC drama adds another decade to that age difference between the younger man and the woman he loves. In this drama the actor will play a 20-something pianist in love with a 40-something woman.

That's generally considered a scandalous and unworkable age difference.

In the drama Secret Love Affair," 27-year-old Yoo Ah In will play Lee Sun Jae, the talented pianist who falls in love with Oh Hye Won, a sophisticated beautiful woman who is the assistant director at the Seo Han Arts Foundation. She's accomplished and influential. She also helps her boss hide secret documents.

The two fall into a passionate love affair that they try to keep secret. But anyone who has seen a k-drama knows how difficult it is to keep a secret beyond a few episodes.

The character Oh Hye Won will be played by 46-year-old actress Kim Hee Ae. Kim Hee Ae currently appears on the tvN show "Noonas Over Flowers" with Lee Seung Gi. Her most recent drama roles were in the 2012 drama "A Wife's Credentials" and the 2011 drama "Midas." The award-winning actress is also due to appear in the film "Elegant Lies" this year. She is usually cast as a calm and collected mother, so it will be interesting to see her in a role that calls on her to defy convention.

[...]

source

Yoo Ah In confirmed to work alongside Kim Hee Ae for new drama 'Love Affair'
yoo-ah-in_1389202383_af_org.jpg

You'll soon see actor Yoo Ah In make his return to the small screen as he has accepted the casting offer to star in new JTBC drama 'Love Affair'!
This means he will play the male lead, Lee Sun Jae, who has a clandestine relationship with a woman in her forties, played by Kim Hee Ae. 
His reps told the media, "Yoo Ah In has long had interest in the concept of 'Tokyo Tower', which is being used as the inspiration for 'Love Affair'... His determination played a big part in this decision, as well as the fact that Ahn Pan Suk director, Jung Sung Joo writer, and actress Kim Hee Ae are taking part in this project."
The actor will portray a genius pianist who falls for a much older woman who works as the director of an art center. As the two have a 20 year age gap, fans are interested to see how their chemistry will carry out.
The drama will hit small screens in March!
allkpop

Yaayyyy. So excited with this drama. I am watching A Wife's Credentials now and I am amazed how awesome this drama is. I hope the musical director will re-team with them again, A Wife's Credentials OST is really GREAT!
And for another news...
Kim Tae Woo joins Secret Love Affair.
1506961_1396986567217774_1922194173_n.jp
Full Article here: http://enews24.interest.me/news/article.asp?nsID=322542

Guest uburoi

Oh, it looks like he's offered the role of Kim Hee Ae's husband.

김태우가 제작사로부터 제의받은 역할은 김희애와 남편으로, 아내의 불륜을 마주한 남자의 처절한 모습을 이어가는 인물이다
(quote from the news report - thanks jreal)

I'll post the initial reports about the drama and Kim Hee Ae's casting - there's some additional info on the plot

class="at_ttl"Kim Hee Ae Comes Back with "Secret Dating"

By Staff Writer | Jan 01, 2014 10:45 PM EST

Actress Kim Hee Ae confirmed to be in the new JTBC Monday/Tuesday mini series "Secret Dating."

"Secret Dating" will be airing on January 6th and features the story of a woman in her 40s and a man in his 20s in a thrilling yet secretive romance.

Oh Hye Wom that Kim Hee Ae [is playing]  is a character with humor, class and charisma.  She is the director of Suh Han Art Foundation and is protecting the director and protecting secret documents and is in the center of high class society with great abilities.

A staff member of "Secret Dating" said, "Two men and women with overwhelming feels are drawn to each other and their detailed mellow drama will capture the drama scene.

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/13720/20140101/kim-hee-ae-comes-back-with-secret-dating.htm

The article is confusing, so I'm not sure there'll be two couples or not.

Edit. Nvm. The writer just doesn't seem to know enough Korean and/or English. I'm quite certain now, there won't be two couples, but a married woman with an affair.

^^ Haha. No, that's a perfectly valid concern.

Anyway, I have faith in the writer and director, the casting was always on point. And sorry for being too noisy, I haven't really enjoyed k-dramas recently, except Mr An's works. :D

@suchadiva42,  Why is that all the dramas that's worth the watch don't start til march. This one seems it will be good About time they make something like this.  I just hope she's not playing the role that she's ashamed of there love. I won't a lead to put it out there in the open for everybody to see.

valsava said: @suchadiva42,  Why is that all the dramas that's worth the watch don't start til march. This one seems it will be good About time they make something like this.  I just hope she's not playing the role that she's ashamed of there love. I won't a lead to put it out there in the open for everybody to see.