[Drama 2014] Secret Love Affair 밀회

Guest uburoi

estrellabrillante said: junebugg  wrote
My sentiment exactly. I was trying to write a FF on SLA and gave up with disappointment when I was drafting SJ's screen character. Though he remarks that he isn't playing the piano to impress her, nor is he a personality to run behind fame (Ep 6, before the epic hug) I can't believe that the guy didn't strive to unveil his talents to the world. Poverty might be named as one reason for the missing pursuits. One could also argue that he probably didn't know his worth to carve a niche for himself (coming from Ep 2 after Hye Won comments such finding him eager for appreciation.) But, when I go back to his screen name 'I'm a genius,' in the forum where he communicates with 'stone deaf ear' hyung, I can't dismiss that he wasn't entirely oblivious to his talents. 
Why the inertia towards the same, on SJ's part has not been explained. He seems to have been content not graduating, being a quotidian delivery boy, without going in search of opportunities. If one is to put forth the argument that SJ believes in enjoying music and not make a career out of it, then his ready assent to joining the SoHan college now and participating in international competitions, leaves me questioning his motives again. Is he a mere clay doll in Hye Won's hands, accepting her ambitions for him? Is his foremost reason to consider a piano education now, was to stay beside Hye Won?
The answers might be covered in the upcoming episodes but for now, I'm going to attribute it to loose writing and incomplete characterization. All this leads me, not to scrutinize Hye Won's affections for him, but wonder if his juvenile love and passion for HW will stand the test of time?
Great point!!!  I have also wondered if SJ's love for HW will stand the test of time and circumstances.  As we all know,  the next episodes are going to be very difficult for these two.  Junebugg you read my mind.

I'm sure it will. The guy is a bit crazy, as we know. He is not very sociable, doesn't make friends easily, and doesn't get attached easily. But once he does, it's for life. HW is his first love and he is completely obsessed. I don't think he can forget her or leave her easily.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I'm behind you all the way on thst@chingulinka

The guy is a music genius all geniuses are quirky. Perhaps that is why we have all those real life example of musical geniuses falling so hard in love and so steadfast with their other half (often whom are quirky too). Like u say, it can't just be any girl, it has to be the one and only unique missing puzzle piece that can totally click with him. Irreplaceable. Hence to him, non exchangable or refundable. HW will be SJ's only woman for life!

bebebisous33 said: YW's sister-in-law is really awful. In episode 4 you can see her true character. During a lesson, she speaks in German: I can't bear it any longer! How could you  be allowed to enter this school!  It must be an error!" The poor student who will later be mistreated later!
As French who leaves in Germany, I decided to translate it into english. By the way, the sister-in-law spoke very well in German: no accent! 
The person I hate the most in this drama are:1. Professor Kang2. Madame Han3. The sister-in-law with her dirty business and torturing poor students! 

junebugg said:
SJ fell for HW, at first sight - I seem to be having problems with that too, after spending quite some time trying to write a FF. I wish they had worked it out slowly, to make it more credible. Perhaps, then we would all convinced that SJ wasn't keeling over, under the weight of a possible attraction. 

ktomato said:  I felt the same way that the OTP falling in love with each other like within the 1st 2-3 episodes is kinda rushed and under normal circumstances not so believable. But then I started to think - was the circumstance normal? If u recall their 1st interaction was that piano audition that apparently was a whole day long and so intensed that nobody ate lunch or dinner. And of course the highlight of that meeting was the orgasmic piano duet the 2 experienced. Now I am by any definition not musically inclined and not properly trained in music. So I'd be most grateful if those of u (there are at least 2 I think, @shamrockmum and @docster6?) whom are musically trained and talented please enlighten me on this - IS IT REALLY POSSIBLE to have 2 pp playing a duet experience sexual tension and organism by playing piano together??! Remember that that was one powerful meeting of the 2 that left them with sweet insomnia. It was that overwhelming and potent their first encounter. That can't be normal circumstances right? So maybe their love at first sight is justifiable. You know, they're on some different level from the rest becoz they connected thru music. Us mere mortal will not be able to comprehend.....ever....

ktomato said:

My favourite scene is when SJ gets the book after he left his home, his piano behind. And he reads it and it's so sad the way he starts to cry. It feels so real! I absolutely love the way this actor can cry. And I like his tummy! It's difficult to see a k-drama lead with a little tummy instead of abs, but sitting for many hours in front of a piano doesn't help to a great appearance, so it feels (again) more true to the story. I bet Yoon Ah In enjoyed getting ready for this part! Lol!

Guest junebugg

chingulinka said: junebugg said:
SJ fell for HW, at first sight - I seem to be having problems with that too, after spending quite some time trying to write a FF. I wish they had worked it out slowly, to make it more credible. Perhaps, then we would all convinced that SJ wasn't keeling over, under the weight of a possible attraction. 

chingulinka said: ktomato said:

My favourite scene is when SJ gets the book after he left his home, his piano behind. And he reads it and it's so sad the way he starts to cry. It feels so real! I absolutely love the way this actor can cry. And I like his tummy! It's difficult to see a k-drama lead with a little tummy instead of abs, but sitting for many hours in front of a piano doesn't help to a great appearance, so it feels (again) more true to the story. I bet Yoon Ah In enjoyed getting ready for this part! Lol!

docster6 said: bebebisous33 said: YW's sister-in-law is really awful. In episode 4 you can see her true character. During a lesson, she speaks in German: I can't bear it any longer! How could you  be allowed to enter this school!  It must be an error!" The poor student who will later be mistreated later!
As French who leaves in Germany, I decided to translate it into english. By the way, the sister-in-law spoke very well in German: no accent! 
The person I hate the most in this drama are:1. Professor Kang2. Madame Han3. The sister-in-law with her dirty business and torturing poor students! 

junebugg said: chingulinka said: junebugg said:

Guest shenu

Even i didnt post anything for few days. i read all your posts.and i think you all are really amazing to continue the interesting conversation even SLA didnt air in this week. it was a long week without SLA but other than worrying for that all your posts make me feel so good.im pretty sure others feel the same too.and we just have to wait two days more.

docster6 said: Aish! A lot of people hate the Cello Professor, Kim In Joo. I was surprised she carried on a very civil conversation with Professor Kang about the upcoming concert. Her conversations in the hair salon are also very civil, humble even. But what she did the poor student was not acceptable. I checked out the actress, Yang Min Yeong, there is absolutely nothing on her anywhere, maybe this is her first role in the dramas? I don't hate Madam Han yet, but I hate what might come later. For some reason, I think Young Woo will turn around and be a good person toward Hye Won. Her insistence to her boyfriend that HW and SJ look good together is one of those hints.

chingulinka said: junebugg said:

mensi said:
chingulinka said: ktomato said:

mensi said: junebugg said: chingulinka said: junebugg said: