Quantcast
Guest uburoi

[Drama 2014] Secret Love Affair 밀회

It's more than 3.5 years since the debut of this (insert an adjective) drama and I am finally in my final year of undergrad music studies and preparing for my final recital. The first piece that came to my mind when deciding on my repertoire was Mozart's Rondo in A minor (of course I had to add in something that was featured in SLA -_-). I thought I'd just share one of my favourite interpretations here (coincidentally by a rising Korean pianist) with fellow SLA fans who still visit this thread or new 'victims' of this drama :D. Enjoy and have a nice day! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8KYGHDU0eo

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Dear Writer-nim and Director-nim,

I am posting to share with you that I understood the message of this drama. I heard it loud and clear already the first time I watched it, but it took me some time to summon courage and take the right decision. Tomorrow is the first day of my new life. I quit being an elegant servant, this caterpillar wants to fulfil her purpose in life and spread her wings as the beautiful butterfly she was meant to be. There was no Lee Sun-Jae to push me to it, but there were you and your ideals that made me remember that I wanted to live free and do what is right.

I hope you read this and feel encouraged to continue, because your work is not in vain! Kamsahamnida!

P.S. To all the chingus from this thread - I still remember you and the meaningful exciting and creative time we had together. I hope you are happy wherever you are! Love from me!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Image result for secret love affair drama photos

Here for a visit after a rewatch in Netflix. I love this drama 

When they ran away to the country and at bedtime, HW told SJ about her life in NYC. It is the same thing as her life in SK, she was a student had a job as a teaching assistant and also an assistant to Young Woo. She talked about waiting for YW at a cafe near the Grand Station and listening to Piano Man. I cried for them. Before they went to the country, SJ had tried to convince HW to give up everything, and start over but HW just did not even listen and left him. The next day she cried her heart out while talking to her friend in her car. She then went to the little eatery by SJ's house where SJ found her and then they took a bus to the country. When they came back from the country, it was SJ's turn to cry. I did not cry when I first watched, but this time I cried especially when they were listening to the song of the Piano Man. 

Image result for secret love affair drama photos

Another fave when they were watching the recording of SJ's performance. Holding hands. laughing and smiling can feel the love. I agree that the imprisonment of HW was not the end, that the son in law will not get what he wants because of the evidence the prosecutor obtained from HW. I imagine my ending as HW given merciful release or early parole and leave prison in a few months. SJ will be performing somewhere in the world and she will meet him and the end.... 

• Like 2