[ Drama 2013-2014 ] The Frist Born 맏이

badsmuler

@KaoW, @irilight, @badsmuler, @valsava, @Iris, @99, @Sarah Maurice-Laplanche , @DJG,

E48 subs are up -- HERE ="http:>

bluelotus7 is away this and next week, so I'm working on my own till she gets back. 

For all of you who have been wondering why YS chose IH in the end,
pay attention to (1) the scene where ST visited her in her office (where they cried and hugged),
and (2) the scene where IH got drunk and JB brought him to YS's office.

That ST is so hopeless and naïve...
YS is better off without him.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@KaoW, @irilight, @badsmuler, @valsava, @Iris, @99, @Sarah Maurice-Laplanche, @DJG,

E49 subs are up -- HERE ="http:>

Just some on thoughts on IH --

In terms of character development, IH is in the same boat as YS.
The scriptwriter barely developed him (not to mention lack of screen time, or does the fact that he's a relative newbie count against him?).
Seriously, if the SW wanted IH to end up with YS, she should have put in a bit more work on this character.
All we see is this chap who barely does anything, he just dumbly sticks around and takes like forever to make his move.
Interestingly, he has something in common with YS.
YS, every time she gets the rug pulled from under her by JS, will threaten to retaliate, only to not follow through again AND AGAIN.
IH, in the early ep where he told ST (at the temple) that he's going to snatch away YS by whatever means,
never got around to doing anything nasty, if anything at all.
All those years ST was away or unavailable, he did nothing.
The chap is slower than a snail.  :))

I don't remember IH being that pathetic as a kid.
In fact, he had quite a temper.
In terms of character, other than JS,
YS, ST and IH all regressed as adults.
They had more character as kids.
ST went lame.
IH went limp.
YS went kind of dumb.
What happened?

Anyway, personally, in terms of the lines in this drama,  
the best lines were for the Lee Sil-Chang Rae scenes.
They carry a lot more depth.
Seriously, they can have another drama just on Lee Sil,
using E01 - E11 of TFB and adding another 5-9 eps of backstory before them to bring it up to 16-20 eps.
Doubt that it'll ever happen.
Instead, we've got 'The Tragedy of Lee Ji Suk', sigh.

ggry said:

@KaoW, @irilight, @badsmuler, @valsava, @Iris, @99, @Sarah Maurice-Laplanche, @DJG,

The scriptwriter barely developed him (not to mention lack of screen time, or does the fact that he's a relative newbie count against him?).
Seriously, if the SW wanted IH to end up with YS, she should have put in a bit more work on this character.
All we see is this chap who barely does anything, he just dumbly sticks around and takes like forever to make his move.
YS, every time she gets the rug pulled from under her by JS, will threaten to retaliate, only to not follow through again AND AGAIN.
IH, in the early ep where he told ST (at the temple) that he's going to snatch away YS by whatever means,

ST went lame.
IH went limp.
YS went kind of dumb.
What happened?

using E01 - E11 of TFB and adding another 5-9 eps of backstory before them to bring it up to 16-20 eps.
Instead, we've got 'The Tragedy Life of Lee Ji Suk', sigh.

@ggry wow million thank for your hard work chinggu  ^:)^
I can't stop laughing when I saw your comment chinggu. IH really slower than snail. =)) He waste all those year by doing nothing and didn't do anything much in this drama LOL
But it's so strange that PJJ always has this kind of character....my friend said that in his latest drama before TFB "Sincerity Move Heaven".....He suppose to be second male lead actor....but he end up with female lead actor in that drama....just like in TFB....so strange :-/

E50 subs are up -- HERE ="http:>

If only there's no extension, this would have been the last ep.
Sigh... :(

E49 & E50 both took an extra 3-4 hours to finish because the original timing of the lines were really bad.
I had to retime more than 50% of the lines.
Very annoying, very tiring.

Hi all TFB fans...@KaoW, @valsava, @irilight, @Sarah Maurice-Laplanche, @ggry, @bluelotus7, @youtube123, @99, @afyare23, @DJG, @victorb, @supreme1, @Teryn15, @gerrytan8063, @ayank4ik, @minhojgsfever, @bacom....

Great news chinggus, our drama will be broadcast in GTV Taiwan this April...starts from 12 April 2014, every Saturday with 2 episodes, 12 till 2 pm...the title will be changed into " SISTER "... :x

If i'm not mistaken, TFB will also remake into Taiwanese drama version... :-bd

ohad.jpg

Credit : YJH Baidu

ggry said:

ST went lame.
IH went limp.
YS went kind of dumb.
What happened?

Instead, we've got 'The Tragedy of Lee Ji Suk', sigh.

@irilight...if i'm not mistaken GTV is national TV not cable channel...its just like KBS, SBS, MBC... :-/

Most Taiwan fans loves YJH, many her dramas had broadcasted there before...no wonder they chosed that title since all they know, YJH is the leading actress... :-bd

Poor them and also many of us here, had to accepted the fact that TFB is JS's story in general... X(

E51 subs are up -- HERE ="http:>

Yay! I managed to finish it today. :)>-
Another 3 eps to go.

Anyway, for the last few eps, although the scriptwriter didn't mean for some of the scenes be funny, I actually found them amusing.
That JS is one tough cookie. ST is no match for her. She knew exactly which of his buttons to press.

badsmuler said: @irilight...if i'm not mistaken GTV is national TV not cable channel...its just like KBS, SBS, MBC... :-/

Most Taiwan fans loves YJH, many her dramas had broadcasted there before...no wonder they chosed that title since all they know, YJH is the leading actress... :-bd

Poor them and also many of us here, had to accepted the fact that TFB is JS's story in general... X(

I felt the same way. She did nothing make them successful. All she did was provide them with shelter and to prevent them from being separated. I was very disappointed in this drama. YS never got he justice for her father and the Lee family got away with smuggling, ruining a company and stealing people's home.

Sarah Maurice-Laplanche said: I felt the same way. She did nothing make them successful. All she did was provide them with shelter and to prevent them from being separated. I was very disappointed in this drama. YS never got he justice for her father and the Lee family got away with smuggling, ruining a company and stealing people's home.

Archived