[ Drama 2013-2014 ] The Frist Born 맏이

badsmuler

@KaoW, @irilight, @badsmuler, @valsava, @Iris, @99, @Sarah Maurice-Laplanche, @DJG,

E52 subs are up -- HERE ="http:>

2 more eps to sub. 
Please thank @bluelotus7 for helping out.

The kiddies are really cute, especially I Gyeong.
Uncle Chang Rae is so much better than ST.
Although he's a nice guy, he's not a doormat.
ST's problem is he tries too hard to please everyone.
In the end, nobody's happy, himself included.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you @ggry and @bluelotus7‌...... I can't say this show was satisfying for me... It was buttoned up appropriately and in accordance to whatever is acceptable in the K society. And I, for one, never find appropriate very satisfying... Since I feel that the writer is limiting the horizon of the story line. Regardless, I am glad it ended well.

@KaoW, @irilight, @badsmuler, @valsava, @Iris, @99, @Sarah Maurice-Laplanche, @DJG,

E53 subs are up -- HERE ="http:>

One more ep to go and I can go on a LONG break.

@bluelotus7, @ggry,......
I like to thank you both for your hard work and efforts continuing to sub this drama after it has ended.. I'm still watching the sub version to get the full knowledge of what happen in each episode... 
Once again I humbly thank you both...   I will go back some other time and re-watch this drama

@ggry,...Sorry My Bad,.. Good Morning or Evening....

badsmuler

said:

@irilight

...if i'm not mistaken GTV is national TV not cable channel...its just like KBS, SBS, MBC... 

Most Taiwan fans loves YJH, many her dramas had broadcasted there before...no wonder they chosed that title since all they know, YJH is the leading actress... 

Poor them and also many of us here, had to accepted the fact that TFB is JS's story in general... 

@ggry @bluelotus7 
million thanks chinggu....always appreciate your hard work....you guys help me understand this drama and the characters.....what could I do without you guys.....thank you ^:)^ ^:)^
@valsava and everybody.....hi chinggu....I just got back from my business trip and miss you guys so much :)

FINAL E54 sub has been finished -- HERE ="http:>

YAY! After 54 eps and 6 months of subbing to the point of exhaustion, it's finally OVER. :)>-

I took a look at the statistics.
There're 46,841 lines in total for TFB.
I did 46,688 of them.
That's 99.67% for the entire series.
Why is the percentage so high?
Because, other than E01 & E02 where others had edited a fair number of the lines,
I've gone through almost every single line for all the other 52 eps,
other than translating, I've also edited lines that are done by others but are not accurate or requires further editing.

A big thank you to @bluelotus7 for helping out from E27 onwards (4,545 lines translated).
She can tell you exactly how tedious the whole subbing process is.  ;)

If you look at the stats for say, a drama subbed by Viki,
I saw that for an ep for a drama, they had over 20 segmenters (people who do the timing for the lines),
over 10 translators, and something like 3 editors.
That's why they can get the sub out so soon after the broadcast.

In any case, I'm off to take a very well-deserved LONG break.

Finally its already finished...millions thanks for our dearest friends @ggry and @bluelotus7 for your dedications and hardworks...really appreciate it chinggus... :-bd ^:)^ =D>

May i ask you @ggry, why i can't open DSS side recently ???

@ggry and @bluelotus7 wow.....million thank for your hard work chinggu....couldn't thank you enough.....you make my dream come true.....thank you  ^:)^ ^:)^

badsmuler said:
Finally its already finished...millions thanks for our dearest friends @ggry and @bluelotus7 for your dedications and hardworks...really appreciate it chinggus... :-bd ^:)^ =D>

May i ask you @ggry, why i can't open DSS side recently ???

Hwang Bo-ra, "It's been 11 years, I'm not a little girl anymore"

2014/04/24 | 1198 views

photo429482.jpg

Actress Hwang Bo-ra was better known as the 'cup noodle girl' from the cup noodle commercial. She debuted in 2003 through SBS and the commercial she completed, helped boost her into stardom with a famous nickname.

The cute, little girl is now a touch over thirty. It's been 11 years. She's been building her acting foundation in various movies and dramas; now she's more experienced and all grown up.

However, she's had her slump. When she was in the JTBC drama "The Firstborn", the role of Soon-geum hadn't been decided yet, so Hwang went to see the producer. Lee Gwan-hee hadn't known she was the commercial star; thereafter, he thought highly of her passion.

photo429481.jpg

"It was a chance for me. It was the time for me to take off the 'cup noodle girl' image and become a real actress. I really wanted that role but I fell into a predicament although I always had a script in my hands. I couldn't act as soon as the 'shoot' sign was given".

"I thought to myself, 'I am a terrible actress'. I held onto the script for 2 weeks beforehand. If you do that, your fear of acting will disappear in a flash".

"I discovered a lot about myself as I prayed. I only had the greed to become famous quickly so I only thought of mini-series. I wasn't ready. I learned how to blend in with others through "The Firstborn"".

Thanks to that, she seemed much more natural and relaxed in "Sly and Single Again". The role of Kang Min-yeong is the best friend of Na Ae-ra (Lee Min-jeong), who helps her and her husband Cha Jeong-woo (Joo Sang-wook) get together. It wasn't a big role but a necessary one.

Hwang Bo-ra chose to act for the drama and not just herself. She had already experienced stardom in the past so it's likely she had a competition with Lee Min-jeong. She opened her big eyes and said, "There was no competition. We are close".

photo429480.jpg

"I tried hard to be a real friend in "Sly and Single Again". I learned how to do my part in the previous drama; I was more relaxed. It was my job to make Na Ae-ra stand out".

With 11 years into the business, Hwang Bo-ra claims she knows what true acting is. She was in a slump and used to draw at home when she discovered color. "I learned something I didn't notice when I was in school. Acting doesn't improve if you rush it like homework. Acting is more than work".

"I was pretty famous in the beginning, but if I became a true star then, I wouldn't have been able to show real acting. You have to learn from the bitter times of life and that has helped me succeed. Acting should be done with the mindset that every single scene should be enjoyed.

Source : www.nocutnews.co.kr/s...

Credit : http://www.hancinema.net/hwang-bo-ra-it-s-been-11-years-i-m-not-a-little-girl-anymore-68552.html

Archived