[ Drama 2013-2014 ] The Frist Born 맏이

badsmuler

badsmuler said: Love it when they flash back this drama from the first till the last episodes...with two beautiful songs as the background...

Despite its lacks, for me this drama still great and teach us some moral value...especially from Urri YS...

This woman is really DAEBAK !!!!!! :-bd :-bd =D> =D> ^:)^ ^:)^

Only this word who perfectly suit her character... :x :x

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@gerrytan8063..................Thanks so much for the translation.
YS: Then what about me, I am also sick, I am tired. I am the one who went through weary in life. it is because of me that you are unfortunate. No it is not, it is because you are envious, but then what are we to do, even your whole life....you are to die, there is no way you can win over me...You...it is because you are scare that your mother have left you some tainted blood & you ran away but then I whose mother died in at raging seas & had to bring up my siblings to survive, therefore you will forever will not able to win over me, no even in death you will able to win over me

Now this is one great scene.  Ys telling Js that she will never win over her not even in death. Js married the man she wanted and made his life miserable and the people around her miserable. Js selfish ways became her defeat. 

I was going to wait until the subs come out to comment on the conclusion but since things are pretty clear I guess I might as well get it out of my system: They botched it! We had this wonderful character (YS) who you couldn't help but root for and they just had to give her a decent conclusion after a lifetime of sacrifice but somehow they managed to fail in that.
 They went with the easy solution of simply giving the bad guys a terminal disease (Really? Again? does being mean cause cancer or something?) or even better getting one of them to end up with the main female character - make no mistake IH was one of the bad guys no matter how we look at it. I know this is a Kdrama we're talking about and makjang is a given more often than not but too much is too much.
 We could see the ending as an "everybody forgives everybody" kind of thing but I for one don't buy it for one sec and the only thing I'm going to take after this series is discovering the wonderful Yoon Jung Hee (she seriously deserves a better script, maybe in a shorter series without all the dragging secondary stories that take away all the excitement).
 It's been great reading all your posts and recaps  (a special thank you to the subbers) and maybe we can run into each other again in another thread, hopefully one for a series that does deliver a better ending than this one :).

P.S. I almost forgot to mention the JB-SG couple, one of the weirdest, most unlikely yet sweet couples ever :)    

ST: it is because I am so useless that it is giving me endless frights. I have this same feeling in the past before. When I saw you & your siblings crying under the roof on a rainy day. No matter how out going you were, when you return home soaking wet than in comparison to you, I was worse off. I want to protect you & wouldn't let you go out without any concern, this is what I had decide to aspire when I was young but then was unable to do so. thank you Young Seon, that even without me, you can live well
I could understand why St wanted to leave he would never be able to forget Ys and will continue to wanting her. At some point he would go to her.  

@victorb,
P.S. I almost forgot to mention the JB-SG couple, one of the weirdest, most unlikely yet sweet couples ever   

Big round of applause for Jb and Sg despite everything that went on they were always a happily married couple.   =D> =D> =D> Js should have taken notes from them.

@badsmuler,

valsava

said:

I guess the writer was giving us a tease with the old coot scene. If you really come to think of it it's really funny we been begging to send someone rich for Ys we never specified and age bracket so the writer played a joke on us............ Good one writer-nim  =)

valsava said:Well there you have it tall rich dude is Ih that Js friend Ej will hate Ys for the rest of her life taking the man she wanted. But nobody can play her husband role like Lee Tae Gun. They lovey dovey scenes were to die for. Ih there was really none with him they could have giving us time to see how they would be as a married couple. I really don't like this ending with four extended episodes and this is all they could come up with.    

@badsmuler,

valsava

said:

Well there you have it tall rich dude is Ih

that Js friend Ej will hate Ys for the rest of her life taking the man she wanted. But 

nobody can play her husband role like Lee Tae Gun

. They lovey dovey scenes were to die for. Ih there was really none with him they could have giving us time to see how they would be as a married couple. I really don't like this ending with four extended episodes and this is all they could come up with.    

victorb said:  I was going to wait until the subs come out to comment on the conclusion but since things are pretty clear I guess I might as well get it out of my system: They botched it! We had this wonderful character (YS) who you couldn't help but root for and they just had to give her a decent conclusion after a lifetime of sacrifice but somehow they managed to fail in that.
 They went with the easy solution of simply giving the bad guys a terminal disease (Really? Again? does being mean cause cancer or something?) or even better getting one of them to end up with the main female character - make no mistake IH was one of the bad guys no matter how we look at it. I know this is a Kdrama we're talking about and makjang is a given more often than not but too much is too much.
 We could see the ending as an "everybody forgives everybody" kind of thing but I for one don't buy it for one sec and the only thing I'm going to take after this series is discovering the wonderful Yoon Jung Hee (she seriously deserves a better script, maybe in a shorter series without all the dragging secondary stories that take away all the excitement).
 It's been great reading all your posts and recaps  (a special thank you to the subbers) and maybe we can run into each other again in another thread, hopefully one for a series that does deliver a better ending than this one :).

P.S. I almost forgot to mention the JB-SG couple, one of the weirdest, most unlikely yet sweet couples ever :)    

Guest ayan4ik

Omg. I miss again was busy.Its already end. Read your replys and recups friends. I'm glad to hear YS choose s IH. They will happy together. Coz He is more suitable for her. Always want YS be with IH , who support her all time.

Guest ayan4ik

And I think, YS loves Ih thats why she wants to marry him. Otherwise For what reason YS want to marry and forgive JS and LSN doings.?

valsava said:
I thought about that as I was typing it out Ih isn't tall at all but I said he teller then me I'm only 5'1 so I based it from my on height. Yes I'm a shorty. :))  
I'm remember you saying that in other threads that they were rooting for Ys and Ih well those folks must be some happy campers. I don't like she ended up with Ih even if her and St wasn't going to get back together I think she have stayed single. 

@badsmuler,

valsava

said:

I thought about that as I was typing it out Ih isn't tall at all but I said he teller then me I'm only 5'1 so I based it from my on height. Yes I'm a shorty.   
I'm remember you saying that in other threads that they were rooting for Ys and Ih well those folks must be some happy campers. I don't like she ended up with Ih even if her and St wasn't going to get back together I think she have stayed single. 

@victorb,@badsmuler,

the only thing I'm going to take after this series is discovering the wonderful Yoon Jung Hee (she seriously deserves a better script, maybe in a shorter series without all the dragging secondary stories that take away all the excitement).
 It's been great reading all your posts and recaps  (a special thank you to the subbers) and maybe we can run into each other again in another thread, hopefully one for a series that does deliver a better ending than this one .

P.S. I almost forgot to mention the JB-SG couple, one of the weirdest, most unlikely yet sweet couples ever 

@ayan4ik,
My friends on what episode You stop in Family Honor?  We are on Ep 9.
And I think, YS loves Ih thats why she wants to marry him. Otherwise For what reason YS want to marry and forgive JS and LSN doings.?
I think Ys didn't chose St was because of her promise to madame to always cherish Js like a sister. 
Omg. I miss again was busy.Its already end. Read your replys and recups friends. I'm glad to hear YS choose s IH. They will happy together. Coz He is more suitable for her. Always want YS be with IH , who support her all time.

Yes maybe he was better suited to be with Ys but all the wrong things Ih did to Ys made him not suitable. Ih is also very selfish and would throw Ys under the bus if needed as we all seen him do.  

Guest bacom

Thank you so much for all the recaps, comments, love each and every single of them :-*
I want to specially thank you @victorb for the comment of the last ep because that exactly what I want to say. Another lazy, sloppy, bow-wrapping ending a writer gifted her drama watchers :( Please watch Family's Honor with us because that drama does justice for YJH's acting and give us hope about how reasonable a drama can be :)>-
I'm so agree with you @KaoW about IH's betrayal. I take it as writer-nim totally forget about it or she makes YS never gonna find out about it because I'm so sure that she'll never except a person who betrayed her friend to get her. And IH's betrayal can't treat it lightly becauuse it was very serious it might cost ST his life. That betrayal also affected YS, it made others suspect her as a cupid and tained her innocence.  Geez, now the betrayal is treated as just a simple lie that can be forgiven and forgotten.
@valsava, *shake hand* yay, 5'1 us women who see any men that is 5'6 as tall as a tree =))

@bacom,
I'm so agree with you @KaoW about IH's betrayal. I take it as writer-nim totally forget about it or she makes YS never gonna find out about it because I'm so sure that she'll never except a person who betrayed her friend to get her. And IH's betrayal can't treat it lightly becauuse it was very serious it might cost ST his life. That betrayal also affected YS, it made others suspect her as a cupid and tained her innocence.  Geez, now the betrayal is treated as just a simple lie that can be forgiven and forgotten.
@valsava, *shake hand* yay, 5'1 us women who see any men that is 5'6 as tall as a tree  =))

Hooray for us. Yes that's a good height but all the men I dated when I was dating was over 6'2 ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

I must admitted you guy's statement said it all about Ih character he's a bad person period.

Guest bacom

Oops, I want to correct you here my dear @badsmuler, I never ever aprove IH with YS, I even said that even the weak ST is better with YS than a betrayal IH. I can't ever tolerate a man who betrayed his best friend and jeopardized his friend's life.

Archived