Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest msmall

[Drama 2013] ★ Secret | Secret Love 비밀 ★

MH is on his way to falling deeply in love with YJ. But I think YJ will have to realize first what kind of man DH is to shift her feelings to MH. or...just go with your emotions there, girl! MH keeps stalking you, give him what he wants! =)) and I say just a kiss! :P

@tessieroo - thanks, that is fantastic news. I love all three OSTs, especially the first one. Well done to the music director (?) who chose all three songs.
Is it OK for me to quote viki again - love love love how Secret viewers there have been responding to Secret and am highly amused at the words they have come up  with to describe DH (maybe later I'll"read"  the comments in Spanish using Google Translate!):  One of my fave comments is  from this lovely lady or guy who said after watching Ep 8:
"oh GOD!!! a whole WEEK??????? I'll die...I'll just die now. It'll be easier."

@cynkdf:  Ah poor MTT. Sincerely wish the best for them. Still remember the way people said Secret will be just irrelevant therefore let's wait for the epic battle between The Heirs & MTT.  Ouch boy.  Honestly surprised though, Koreans & Japanese generally love medical drama so yeah... guess it's either the story/acting or viewers just tired, too many medical drama this past few years. Actually as long as they can put fresh materials into it, like Japanese do with their med dramas, it will be OK. But apparently MTT still not yet shows it's uniqueness among dozen other of med dramas.

20%? Not easy in this day & age. Only few drama managed it this year. Even they only reach it near the end of drama. But Secret's success is so highlighted not mainly b'coz of the actual numbers; but more b'coz of it's underrated-nes in the beginning, the heavy-hype competitors, & how it still never experience rating down. Let's see if it can reach 20% by eps 12-14.

sally_b said: .....Even more so -- if San is actually still alive and hidden/adopted away -- in real life, what man with Min Hyuk's emotional immaturity would be able to handle raising the son of the man who made his life a ruin? Just seeing the child every day would be a reminder of all that went wrong and was regrettable ... also knowing that you must endure it to return-the-heart of the mother who longs for that child.
There's no current indication that he's reached a level of emotional *wholeness* to enter into a healthy relationship with Yoo Jung, much less to become the Dad of her sadly fathered child. I really don't know how the writer is going to bring this to a conclusion -- but am satisfied with the push and pull so far ~ so maybe it CAN be done!

Now I understand why this drama is beating other dramas like Heirs and Medical Top Team.Everyone has their taste in drama but since mostly ahjummas watch dramas in Korea, I see the attraction to Secret.
The storyline is freakin' CRAZY, some parts are just beyond unrealistic but that is what makes a Korean melodrama. The leads YJ & MH have this intense chemistry fuelled with misunderstanding, hate and love. I think I'm a weirdo but I love how messed up MH is. The fact that his hate for her had manifested into obsession and in turn love is so interesting. It's totally understandable that he wanted her to feel the full force of the law and did what he did to make her serve her full sentence.
My problems lies completely and utterly with a man called AHN DO HOONtumblr_inline_msh69dboyV1qz4rgp.gif
To save his own skin, he scarifices his girlfriend/fiancee. Ok yes she insisted on taking the blame for him but seriously richard simmons YOU! *excuse my vulgar language* but this piece of richard simmons burns me whenever his face is displayed on the screen!I think you guys discussed this already but when he proposed her, he did it out of obligation. A type of THANK YOU for aiding me to achieve my dream of being a prosecutor. 
He was pushed in a corner by MH but he had a CHOICE since the very beginning! Time and time again he chose to SAVE HIMSELF:

DH had a CHOICE

to call the ambulance when he found Ji Hee body because there would have been a chance that she could have been saved. His

CHOICE

was to leave her there, until she was found 3 hours later.

DH had a CHOICE to confess that he was the one driving that night. Yet again he CHOSE

to let her take the blame. Also I don't even think that she knows that he saw Ji Hee body and left her lying there. You know why because DH

CHOSE

not to tell her that detail.

reedtrip82 said: I can't wait for YJ to have romantic feeling toward MH which honestly I don't see how LOL all she feel toward him is guilt/ debt and probably annoyed by all his stalking. And she still in love with her ex ! How are MH going win her love? I think there going be a time jump after everything is solve

Guest katekate07

creslin said: lovelybluehoneyz.. said: creslin said: evok said: guys, I didnt get how he learned the truth!!!..Kwang Soo is calling him and saying they were together that night!! ıt doesnt mean DH is the driver..yeah generally guys drive when they are with their girlfriends but she is substitute driver for drunk people! maybe he drunk so much and she drove the car... How Mh could be that sure about the truth!??... :-?

u know what... the song 'fly me to the moon' keep randomly popping into my head...man~ this is bad! I usually don't root melodrama because it might give me some headache or the plot could be complicated...but i don;t know why..with 'secret' i keep saying 'I WANT MORE'...

Guest hitaruchan

This drama is so awesome, it makes me come back in soompi forum. Although the plots similiar with nice guy, i just like it. If this drama continues with no preview and high tension cutting at the end of each episode, i believe it is going to keep audience with their curiosity.

I agree with somebody. BSB and his villain character in 49 days and secret is the same - blame other person for his incapability. Maybe he's tired with the second lead-good oppa like in shinning inheritance and dong yi (both is with han hyo joo)

cahya said: @cynkdf:  Ah poor MTT. Sincerely wish the best for them. Still remember the way people said Secret will be just irrelevant therefore let's wait for the epic battle between The Heirs & MTT.  Ouch boy.  Honestly surprised though, Koreans & Japanese generally love medical drama so yeah... guess it's either the story/acting or viewers just tired, too many medical drama this past few years. Actually as long as they can put fresh materials into it, like Japanese do with their med dramas, it will be OK. But apparently MTT still not yet shows it's uniqueness among dozen other of med dramas.

20%? Not easy in this day & age. Only few drama managed it this year. Even they only reach it near the end of drama. But Secret's success is so highlighted not mainly b'coz of the actual numbers; but more b'coz of it's underrated-nes in the beginning, the heavy-hype competitors, & how it still never experience rating down. Let's see if it can reach 20% by eps 12-14.

@banini - hi there! I notice that is your first post - WELCOME!  :)>-
I loved your insights. 
As much as I love romance and want Min Hyuk and Yoo Jung to *somehow* find a way to heal each other -- at this moment, I can't see how the issue of San can be resolved unless.... and this is really horrible, please forgive me, but from a narrative perspective -- it would make more sense if San really did pass away from sepsis. (though NOT from Min Hyuk's involvement) that's a MUST.
Then both leads would have suffered the loss of a child and their respective *great loves* --- this would give them a legitimate basis to bind together, otherwise we'll end up with Min Hyuk's love being tainted by guilt (we already have Do Hoon for that) and Yoo Jung's ever-flowing forgiveness becoming (in my opinion) self-immolation. Because what kind of insanity would cause you to choose to spend your life with a man who purposefully caused the death of your beloved child? Do.not.want.that.ending.
I keep going back to the guilty-face of the ugly-inside-and-out mother in law (Do Hoon's Mom) ....that reprehensible woman KNOWS something and I think all of us are hoping the writer will indulge us in at least one scene where she gets a Knock-Down - either physical or verbal.Heck -- I'll even take a scene of Do Hoon introducing Se Yeon to her. (!) Can you imagine how far Se Yeon's nose would go up in the air? Stratosphere, baby!
Additionally -- I've always found Min Hyuk's step mother to be really creepy in her interactions with him. Some have suggested a blood bond between them, but I get squicky 'forbidden love' vibes from her - or rather, jealousy, which is sorta the same thing. It's more like she speaks to him in a seductive tone - which..."he's your stepson, so NO woman - step away from the candy!" 
And lastly (I'm on a roll ~ ha) ...Big Daddy. What's he got and how long does he have? Because ...puhlease ~ do not have him hospitalized and then endless scenes of old-guy CEO about to die off. Hate that -- with a passion. 
;)

First time leaving comment here...This drama storyline is very good that i can ignore the fact that i dislike HJE "new" face. I am not complain about PS because everyone entitled their opinion..everyone can have PS all they want. But i dislike the fact that she already pretty even before the PS. And for some reason, i feel that she's too cautious with her face in some scene.
But her acting cover her "new" face anyhow. Not to mention the SW. kudos to her / him.
One thing i curious about, and probably the biggest shock above all, about JH's accident. Is that a possibilities that she was dead before the hit and run? remember that she was running from some guys and hiding somewhere that night. And someone from MH's family was the one the culprit ?
2nd mysteri is San whereabout..I believe San is not dead..or at least i hope so..

fantast1ksuae said: Another thing I like about Secret...there's no specially designed bracelet, necklace or pin they're trying to get the fans to buy...yes there are SY's diamond ring but its not unique enough....and YJ's teeeny puny CZ ring, thats dime a dozen...the ID bracelet, thats more for safety/health issue... :|
Ok, for this Christmas season, I dare all of you to buy an I.D. bracelet...come to think of it, I really need one because I ride road bikes...I would need this in case a DH wannabe try to hit me on the road and I crash /:)

Guest falloutjane

I think San's dead. Because for one, if he isn't, there should be some progress in that direction. We're already midway through the drama and there are a lot of loose ends just with the living characters. Stepsister/Stepmom actual relationship, YJ's father's death, DH's downfall, the whole MH and his KGroup issues, MH and dad issues and YJ discovery of the real rat that DH is etc. 
I think DH is behind San's separation from YJ, no doubt about it. (MH didn't even know about the son until that visit where he saw her playing with him. And I could be wrong but I think this was after he offered DH the deal if he said no to the parole.) And pushed by mom, DH did put San in an orphanage. I mean come on, he could easily put the woman who helped him out for many years behind bars, and not only that, vetoed her parole. A son he barely knew, he could easily put him in an orphanage. The death of San though was really possibly something that all of them didn't expect. I don't think the family has enough support or money behind them to fake the death. Dad is just forever in the dark about anything and everything. 
And yes, I really need to get out of this thread. 

ninaanin said: Hello! First time here and really loving this drama :)

I just want to say that, in another drama, I would hate YJ character for her blind love. But, here I just think it makes completely sense. Be BSB's fault, writter's fault or the fault of both of them, but I myself, even knowing the truth, I feel myself being foolled by DH expressions and contradictory feelings: my rational side see clearly the "evil", but my emotional side can't help but suffer with him (but both sides want that he will be damned at the end!!).

So, it is no wonder that YJ would still continue to protect DH, and minimizes MH actions. I think that, as MH is perturbed by her and doesn't really understand YJ's behaviour, YJ is also perturbed by him and doesn't understand his contradictory behaviour towards her. I also think that both, right now, can't still trust each other.

About DH: from the point of view of YJ, DH is the guy that she can (still) trust. I have the idea that YJ has always known DH is a weak person, not so strong as her, someone who she has to protect, since the begin of their relationship. Her mistake is that she thinks he is capable of love like she is, and that he is a natural good guy. She doesn't see how he is haunted by (and torn between) his good and bad wishes, his fears and his greed for power, position and (less maybe) money. 

Why JY can still trust DH:
1. First of all she doesn't know what we and MH know.
2. During 7 years he showed a kind of devotion towards her (if out of love or gratitude - my bet - only DH can say).
3. He didn't ask her to take the responsability for the hit-and-run. He let her do it, but not asked directely;  he even insists few times if she was sure, sying she could still back off. So, from YJ's pov, it was her choise.
4. Again, he showed to her that he was trying to save her. We know that what he did wasn't enough, but not YJ. She only saw him trying.
5. During the whole time in prison, DH produced a way to visit YJ every month. In her point of view, it was awesome, he didn't abondon her.
6. During the whole time in prison, DH take care of YJ's daddy, and said he was (or his mother) visiting or seeing their son. She doesn't know what he did w/ the boy and in the parole case.
7. After she was free, he was there to pick her up, hugging her and showing happiness for her freedom.
8. He help her to look for her daddy. She didn't know what he did to her daddy, only that he looked for him the whole night.
9. He didn't break with her, she did. From her pov, it was her choise. And as things appears (or he made it appears) to her, she could even think that her choise made him suffer. She could even think he didn't want break with her.
10. From now on, every occasion, very smartelly, DH contrives to show to her a kind of worry, as if he was interested in her well being. And most important, she thinks it was DH who saved her from the death, and who cared her the whole night.

If we put it together, it isn't at all strange or idiotic or too much naive if YJ chooses to trust a guy that she has been loving for about 11 years - and who seems to have remained reliable, than a guy that openly has been showing not like her, even wishing her disgrace. The whole make completely

And, this, in my opinion, is one of the reasons why I think this drama sooo good! :)