[Drama 2013] ★ Secret | Secret Love 비밀 ★

Guest msmall

cynkdf said: @hitaruchan - you asked why BSB took on this role similar to Kang Min Ho (49 Days). I asked the same question myself BEFORE watching Secret. BSB has been absent from K-dramaland for two years and now he returns as a villain  again (unless the scriptwriters - amazing so far - somehow miraculously manage to redeem him - impossible surely?)  After seeing his acting in eight episodes, I now understand why he took it - it's a challenge. The role demands great acting (OK, so I am biased).  We;ll see - fingers crossed the high standard of acting, writing, directing etc is maintained in the second half of the drama.  If so, BSB ought to get an Excellence Award (at the very least)  for his acting. Know what - he has never gotten an actual award for acting? The two awards he received in 2008 and 2009 were more like popularity awards. 
@sally_b, thank you for the laughs. OK I give in -depending on how the show ends, the word editor may well replace "richardsimmons" with "ahndohoon"
@Pavlichenko, thank you so much for the translation. I hope it's a good omen about the clothing worn by YJ being sold out. I remember reading that whatever clothes Kim Nam Joo wore in  My Husband Got a Family flew off the shelves.
@Janett - thank you for your insightful posts, love reading them.
@padhari - love your post. I'll edit this later to comment on the other main leads' performance (this is the opinion of someone who has watched very few K-dramas so you can consider me a K-drama newbie).

Guest fantast1k1

shae said: lettykay said: shae said: SY needed to read the book herself, I believe it didn't end well for any of the participants.....*LOL*....second and third leads included....I think only the dogs were fine, in the end

Guest fantast1k1

cynkdf said: @hitaruchan - you asked why BSB took on this role similar to Kang Min Ho (49 Days). I asked the same question myself BEFORE watching Secret. BSB has been absent from K-dramaland for two years and now he returns as a villain  again (unless the scriptwriters - amazing so far - somehow miraculously manage to redeem him - impossible surely?)  After seeing his acting in eight episodes, I now understand why he took it - it's a challenge. The role demands great acting (OK, so I am biased).  We;ll see - fingers crossed the high standard of acting, writing, directing etc is maintained in the second half of the drama.  If so, BSB ought to get an Excellence Award (at the very least)  for his acting. Know what - he has never gotten an actual award for acting?!!!! The two awards he received in 2008 and 2009 were more like popularity awards. 
@sally_b, thank you for the laughs. OK I give in -depending on how the show ends, the word editor may well replace "richardsimmons" with "ahndohoon"
@Pavlichenko, thank you so much for the translation. I hope it's a good omen about the clothing worn by YJ being sold out. I remember reading that whatever clothes Kim Nam Joo wore in  My Husband Got a Family flew off the shelves.
@Janett - thank you for your insightful posts, love reading them.
@padhari - love your post. I'll edit this later to comment on the other main leads' performance (this is the opinion of someone who has watched very few K-dramas so you can consider me a K-drama newbie).  First, dilemma on what to watch live? Secret all the way, not Heirs surely? :)  Secret. The underdog.  The dark horse.  The phenomenon.  The drama-written-off-by-people-who-had-seen-only-one-episode.
Never watched any dramas of HJE, JS and LDH before Secret. @FeliciaSoh reassured me that they are excellent actors (hope to see you in this thread soon, Felicia :))  8 episodes later:'
HJE - you have got a new fan :)  Your performance (keep it up) in Secret will be held up as a shining example of what an idol-turned-actor can accomplish (I must admit I was in the camp of people who tend to dismiss idol actors or actresses).  Not any more after seeing what you've done.  A Daesang please for Hwang Jung Eum!
JS next .. back later

From psychology.about.com:
<<Question: What Is Cognitive Dissonance?
People tend to seek consistency in their beliefs and perceptions. So what happens when one of our beliefs conflicts with another previously held belief? The term cognitive dissonance is used to describe the feeling of discomfort that results from holding two conflicting beliefs. When there is a discrepancy between beliefs and behaviors, something must change in order to eliminate or reduce the dissonance.>>
Poor MH has such a bad case of CD where YJ is concerned.  He wants to believe all that is bad about her - leaving JH to die and not seeking timely help after the accident - but YJ's actions have all been contrary to that of a cold-blooded murderer of his lover and unborn child. The poor guy is just so confused.  That's why the end of episode 8 is so important because it's beginning to give him clarity about who and what kind of woman YJ really is - something will be changing soon for MH to eliminate that CD.  Yea!!  I'm so looking forward to ep 9!
BTW, I've rewatched episode 8 twice already, and still can't get over how stupid their product placement of TGIF is - NO ONE who's even a little sane will dress to the nines (tuxedos and cocktail dresses) to go to TGIF.  :-q
Is Halloween early this year and they were actually there for a costume party?!

class="cb b15"Ten Actors Over 35 Who Still Have What It Takes To Play Romantic Leads

Song Seung Hoon
Ji Sung
Lee Seung Jae and Wang Ji Hye

Plenty of romantic comedies star fresh new faces as their leads. And yet there are quite a few older actors who still have what it takes to make hearts flutter. In fact, some actors just seem to get better at it as they age.

Here are a few actors over 35 whose kdramas you may want to check out.

Song Seung Hoon, 37, was the broody gangster Han Tae Sang in love with Shin Se Kyung in "When A Man Loves." The model-turned actor is now filming "Human Addiction." In this film he plays an officer who falls in love with a junior officer's wife.

Like Us on Facebook

Ji Sung, 36, sets off more than a few sparks in "Secret," playing Jo Min Hyuk, the chaebol who loses his girlfriend to a hit and run accident. His recent marriage to actress Lee Bo Young has not caused him to lose any fans.

Lee Sung Jae, 43, played the villain you wanted to torture in "Gu Family Book" and is convincing as an inept father in "The Suspicious Housekeeper" but when he's the romantic lead, he can also be very charming. Note his role in "Lawyers of the Great Republic of Korea."

That Jang Dong Gun, 41, still has what it takes can be seen in the comedy "Gentleman's Dignity." In that comedy he played a 40-ish man still trying to understand relationships. His next project is the action thriller, "Crying Man," in which he plays a professional killer who falls for his target.

Lee Byung Hun, 43, is a superstar and has many romantic leads left in his future. Having appeared in two Hollywood blockbusters, "Red 2" and "G.I. Joe: Retaliation," he will next be seen in the film "Memories of the Sword."

Ju Jin Mo, 39, played a vengeful king in love with his captain of the guards in the film "A Frozen Flower." He will next put his brooding good looks to use by playing King Chunghye to Ha Ji Won's  empress in the upcoming drama "Empress Ki."

Kwon Sang Woo, 37, rose to stardom with the romantic comedy film "My Tutor Friend." Now he's playing a genius surgeon in "Medical Top Team."

Jang Hyuk will turn 37 in December. Although he has not done a lot of romantic comedy lately, he can be seen in the film "The Flu" and  his most recent drama was "Iris II."

Lee Jong Hyuk, 39, also appeared in "A Gentelman's Dignity," the drama that demonstrated that 40 is not too old for love. He then starred as the head of a dating agency in "Dating Agency: Cyrano," falling in love with Choi Sooyoung. He followed that by doing a cameo with love interest potential on "The Master's Sun."

At almost 36  So Ji Sub is the baby of this group. However, his recent role as Jo Joong Won in "The Master's Sun" demonstrates that he still has what it takes to make female viewers fall in love with him. He played a romantic lead before but it was his first attempt at romantic comedy.

http://www.kdramastars.com    [ /spoiler]

Ji Sung of Secret becomes a paparazzi photographer class="post-title"Ji Sung of Secret becomes a paparazzi photographer

Ji Sung, the male lead of KBS2’s Wednesday-Thursday drama Secret (Also known as Secret Love, Written by Choi Ho Cheol, Yoo Bo Ra, Directed by Lee Eung Bok, Baek Sang Hoon), transformed to a paparazzi.
Ji Sung nicknamed Jotalker, a combination of the words “Jo Min Hyuk” and “stalker”, because of obsession with Hwang Jeong Eum in the drama, changed into a paparazzi. The viewers are wondering whether the male lead, who has monitored her every movement, changed his job to a full-time photographer.
In fact, he was taking pictures secretly using one of crew’s camera during the break time when he was shot in a family restaurant on October 13. In the recompense for netizen’s love and care toward Jotalker, he was said to become the real stalker for fun.
In the unveiled picture, Hwang, 28, is fixing her makeup looking into a mirror. A stronger camera never hide her exceptional beauty with celestially flawless in her feature. Especially, her glamorous figure in black dress caught many people’s eyes.
On the other hand, Bae Soo Bin never lower his guard with intense gaze even on the set. He also will face off against Ji sung in the television series, and there is spike in interest in their confrontation scenes in the next episodes.
Secret, which is being loved by its audience with each new episode, is a story of a guy falls in love with a woman who killed his loved one starring Ji Sung, Hwang Jeong Eum, Bae Soo Bin, Lee Da Hee. The drama airs on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 10:00 p.m.
http://koreandrama.com

Guest fantast1k1

1. SAN is dead - from a medical perspective, the bruises on San's trunk looked like sepsis in the making...prison is  not a place for babies and toddlers...who knows San probably has TB too...when San was taken out of prison, he probably got worse and died.
2. The prosecutor delayed Yoo Jung's parole - like someone already mentioned...weh? Its either Do Hoon was scared Min Hyuk will harm Yoo Jung outside of jail or he wants Min Hyuk to believe that he really doesnt know Yoo Jung...also, the prosecutor's office is the only one who can make deals according to Law and Order...preventing the parole for him was killing two birds with one stone.
3. Min Joo is not Rich Ahjumma's daughter - she's actually Kwang Soo's baby sister...when Min Hyuk's dad saved Kwang Soo's family she was still a baby and had her wife act as the mom...explains why the Ahjumma doesnt think that Min Joo deserves expensive, signature bags.
4. Stepmom and Se Yeon are related - they are either mother-daughter or sisters...correct me if im wrong, it was suggested that the Stepmom was also interested in the arts as mentioned when the family was eating together and Min Hyuk told her off saying she's been after his father's money.
5. Min Hyuk will become poor again - this will be a good character development...the difference this time is although he has no money, Yoo Jung by his side...and this time, he has a bakery where Yoo Jung and him will run...their relationship dynamics will change...it will no longer be sanjangnim and deri but partners...like someone suggested, they will cohabitate...and Min Hyuk will be happy living simply, eating ramyun and drinking his mul...Eeeeeeee! Oomoo! So many lovey-dovey scenes inside the bakery running in my mind...OTTOKE!
6. Yoo Jung will invent another great recipe - which will make her rich and famous.
7. Anh Do Hoon and Se Yeon will hook up - Do Hoon will become rich but feels miserable whenever he sees Min Hyuk and Yoo Jung...he doesnt love Se Yeon, he just like the idea of taking one of Min Hyuk's toys.
8. Se Yeon will take over the K Hotel - obviously!
9. Min Hyuk and Yoo Jung will end up together - only if Yoo Jung finds out Min Hyuk didnt take San...like someone said, that will just be too freaky if he did.
10. Do Hoon killed Yoo Jung's father - because most of you said so...while I said Aniiiiyo! Do Hoon didnt kill him...writer nim make it seems like he did but not...unless, making that reason for Yoo Jung to put a nail on his coffin, then I will agree.
Have a great weekend Secret Chinguus!!! Annyeong keseyo!

@aprodithe - 
Ji Hee wasn't dead before OR after the hit & run - she was still alive while laying there. She died once they got her to the hospital. (this was a question I had too and someone reminded me she was still alive at the hospital) But it's a possibility she was injured before the accident. Not dead but seriously injured.
@falloutjane - 
MH did know about San, he got a phone call from someone that YJ was pregnant. (This was after she passed out in the prison yard) Because he says "Well, things just got interesting." And he saw her with San on her back when he went to the prison. Plus he has pictures of her with San in the prison yard. 

@falloutjane - 
No, you can't leave. (unless you're heading to TFIG?) Look, I'm here first thing in the morning!  :-w

Oh God, don't remind me of Wuthering Heights, had to study that in my 1st year, had Heathcliff and Cathy in my head all the time during exams, sooo depressing, first thing I did after the finals was throw the book outta the window, what are the consequences when you let revenge rule your life, this book is all about that, thank God ending was good one....kinda..... but after all the torture and the tears and pain it felt too little too late, and not even the main characters but their children end up together, never have I read it again and never will, but here's the thing after 17 years I still remember most of it well.

SY did good to recommend the book to MH, but now i think she needs to read it again herself ...what she did to MH smells like revenge to me.

dito

said: Oh God, don't remind me of Wuthering Heights, had to study that in my 1st year, had Heathcliff and Cathy in my head all the time during exams, sooo depressing, first thing I did after the finals was throw the book outta the window, what are the consequences when you let revenge rule your life, this book is all about that, thank god ending was good one....kinda..... but after all the torture and the tears and pain it felt too little too late, and not even the main characters but their children end up together, never have I read it again and never will, but here's the thing after 17 years I still remember most of it well.

SY did good to recommend the book to MH, but now i think she needs to read it again herself ...what she did to MH smells like revenge to me.

Guest lettykay

fantast1ksuae said:
3. Min Joo is not Rich Ahjumma's daughter - she's actually Kwang Soo's baby sister...when Min Hyuk's dad saved Kwang Soo's family she was still a baby and had her wife act as the mom...explains why the Ahjumma doesnt think that Min Joo deserves expensive, signature bags.
4. Stepmom and Se Yeon are related - they are either mother-daughter or sisters...correct me if im wrong, it was suggested that the Stepmom was also interested in the arts as mentioned when the family was eating together and Min Hyuk told her off saying she's been after his father's money.

For you Secret detectives out there who have been rewatching episodes over and over again for clues - apologies if this has been brought up before. It's been mentioned on viki and DB  (originally mentioned on Korean sites, naturally) - the Secret logo that pops up every now and then signifies that there's a secret in the scene (not clear if they mean before or after the scene).  
For instance DH had a mini-tantrum when he stomped on MH's namecard (I think it was MH's namecard), then the logo appeared. 

Hi @-_JiYeon_- welcome :)  I think MH finally realised YJ took the rap for her BF and therefore all this time he had been making an innocent girl suffer.
Hi @tjoengliona, the word editor on Soompi doesn't like it when we type "bad words"  - eg to describe Do Hoon  - so it will replace that word with " richardsimmons".   My own theory why this is chosen (most likely wrong :)) is that richard simmons' initials R S  sounds like a*r *s * e *