[Drama 2013] ★ Secret | Secret Love 비밀 ★

Guest msmall

@tarjig - Great list. 
12. I agree, I can't help but wonder what SY will think when she finds out DH was engaged to YJ. I'm actually looking forward to everyone finding out (since DH and his Mom have tried to hide it so desperately) giggle.gif
15. I thought SY told MH she would do anything/everything to get him out of jail? Plus she also said she wouldn't let him go to jail to begin with. If MH was thinking about SY at all, he would realize she almost just confessed her love for him again. But he was thinking about DH/YJ. 
17. It implies that YJ does have a tiny mean streak in her - if she told MH she did see Ji Hee's body just to hurt him for what she believes he did to San. So I'm thinking ...no. She did it to continue protecting DH. 
@cynkdf - It was like this in Nice Guy (along with a ton of fangirling posts about Joong-Ki) It's awesome when everyone puts on their Sherlock Holmes hat and tries to figure things out. And even more awesome when the writer gives such great material to work with so we're all speculating. I love it! 
Welcome to all our first time posters! Please continue to share your thoughts! smiley-greet013.gif

Guest fantast1k1

It's no longer love, wasn't love right from the beginning of episode 1 that Do Hoon had for Yoo Jung! He was ready to let go of her, their relationship but hung on because of everything that she has done for him, his family and the love, affection, care that she still, continue to have for him! He didn't want to hurt her and he was relieved that she broke up with him, let go of their relationship first! In that case, he don't felt that bad, guilty, did her wrong!

Up to this point, where Do Hoon is and what he has become, he blame it on Min Hyuk! As for Yoo Jung, she's his weakness/es! She's the reason why he chose not to turn himself in after leaving and lying about Ji Hee during the scene of the accident! Yoo Jung's the start, core expansion and Min Hyuk's the continuation of his decisions in rights, wrongs and everything that has happened! She's the affect and Min Hyuk's the effects of him! It's never too late to change but he has gone too far! There's no turning back and to stay focus in this direction, path of his, it only make sense to completely have no connection, contact whatsoever with Yoo Jung and to stand side by side, fight, go against Min Hyuk!

I'm not surprised Se Yeon voted yes against Min Hyuk's presidential seat, position! He has stated, told her numerous times that she's a friend to him and their marriage is solely for business! She indicated in agreement and she never once said she love, is in love with him! During her gift, present of confessing her love to, for him, unfortunately, he was distracted, left and unaware of it! He returned and asked her for it again but she refused! It's her lost and at the moment, it's impartial to show what she's capable of whether he will see, accept her love for him or not!

YEAY! Back to my headquarters...@ymiss I agree on your DH and SY points. SY knew from the beginning that it's a business partnership, no more, no less. That's why SY taking over didn't surprise me either. For a minute, SY thought there might be a pin drop of love she can squeeze out of MH but Fly Me to The Moon is no fun

Guest fantast1k1

I guess that's to distinguish from fish coming from, say, fresh water or river.  I believe fish from the sea has more taste, as fresh water fish may be more bland....

Thanks for a sensible explanation

:\">

Guest adniRose

arghh this drama drive me crazy with its awesomeness..!! soo cant wait for next episode..love every bit of it.. superb acting by everyone.. it's been a long time i feel this crazy watching a drama..last time probably The Chaser, or Ghost..
did MH just find out about YJ took the fall for DH..??and Ahn DoHoon, i really wanna kill you.. so despicable..!i hate SY for betraying MH now but somehow i could feel her... she feels betrayed by MH so many times before and she just cant take it anymore... but love how MH truly care for her, even it's not love, but he really treasure her as a person, or friend...falling in love with MH again and over again...  just like how i falling for MH, hope YJ gonna feel that too soon...:xbut the problem is she thinks MH has something to do about San...:(everytime YJ cries, i cry with her... lol

Guest fantast1k1

It looks real when she hit the girl and MH's friend b-( , but she's cool B-)

I noticed that too...HJE was really hitting her on her ears...I hope she didn't loose her hearing

:-SS

eger said: I really love this drama. I like also the way they act. And I can't wait for episode 9. there is something I don't understand  in the blackbox there is another car... an eyewitness? who is?than I can't stand dh no more he is really a R S poor YJ she is still leaving not knowing how a bad person is her ex... But she will forgive all whe she, mh and san will be together...Thanks to all of you for all the recaps..

Guest fantast1k1

Loved the shot where SY shashayed her way into the boardroom...gomawo Director Nim...watching her back, felt like I was following her and asking her Aigoo! What are you planning to do? Luv her back, her outfit and her almost slow mo catwalk =D>

Guest fantast1k1

Kwang Soo-yah's Secret...he's falling in love with YJ :x

Why not this angle? I asked myself why include an eye candy for a PA? Imagine if Kwang Soo was the typical overweight bouncer type, not as good looking...YJ and him won't happen.

Also, as much as I like the OTP, I don't think they will be together in the end...not realistic...too much bad blood between them...they could be friends but not lovers.

A happy ending for YJ will be to be loved by KS. :x ...and far away from MH and DH...because H in their names stands for HELL >-)

fantast1ksuae said:

I'm not surprised Se Yeon voted yes against Min Hyuk's presidential seat, position! He has stated, told her numerous times that she's a friend to him and their marriage is solely for business! She indicated in agreement and she never once said she love, is in love with him! During her gift, present of confessing her love to, for him, unfortunately, he was distracted, left and unaware of it! He returned and asked her for it again but she refused! It's her lost and at the moment, it's impartial to show what she's capable of whether he will see, accept her love for him or not!

Guest fantast1k1

Someone mentioned the I.D. Alert bracelet as the key for YJ finding out DH was with her father...it could be...but there's still a nagging question...I don't believe DH killed YJ's father because as a prosecutor, he knows YJ's father testimony would be too weak in court...due to Dementia.

Guest falloutjane

So this is for people who are skeptical and isn't sure if they should get on this makjang train. I for one, hate makjangs. But this makjang is not your typical makjang train. So what's a typical makjang? 
 - super crazy rich male leads - not so rich/dirt poor/works 3-4 jobs female leads ( but somehow can afford the fanciest phones on the market, or have the cutest rooftop house ever, with incredible views of Seoul tower) - power crazy and controlling family of male lead (this may include, screeching grandmas, mothers or gruff and commanding fathers/grandfathers)- male leads being (a) playboys, (B) one who has never loved for real © one who does not believe in love (d) lazy as hell bums who feed off family's money- secret birth - power crazy second leads who want things that first male lead has - equally rich second leads who wants to marry first male lead - cancer and or amnesia 
- tears, tears everywhere! 

So where does Secret lie? From this list, Secret has everything except for maybe cancer/amnesia. But don't be surprised if it happens (this is where my typical eyeroll will happen). I'm thinking with Secret it'll be amnesia as opposed to cancer. If it's cancer, it would have hit the first female lead within episode 4, after which she'll be a sad pathetic case, living out her bucket list and finding true but short-lived terminal love. And then tearfest by episode 8 because she has cancer but she's hiding it from true love and true love is confused by episode 12 why she suddenly disappears from his life (after getting numerous attempts at paying her out of his life from the typical makjang mom) to go die silently in the mountains or a beach house. 
But anyway, Secret will have amnesia because! Now we see MH displaying signs of it already. He stalks her then hides and pretends he didn't, he gets floored by her pretty and then pretends he didn't, he tells KS not to report on YJ but forgets that and still wants updates. Soon, he will kiss her and then pretend he didn't. Hurhur. (My imagined scene is so cute in my head, my fangirl heart squealed. Hurhur)
But honestly though, PLEASE SHOW. NO AMNESIA PLEASE!!!  
And okay, if you were to ask me if Secret is a typical makjang, I will still say no because why? THIS MAKJANG HAS THEIR PARTIES AT TGI FRIDAYS! Hur. 
Okay moving on and my take on MH and YJ and whether or not he knows if it's her who drove or not. I think intrinsically he knows it wasn't her. He has seen for himself how YJ is like, with her father, with dead gf's mom, her desperation at the police station as she stated her stand to the police officer, how she begs him and works so hard to pay off her debt. All these spoke of her character. That she worked as hard and as honestly as possible. It's just not in her to hit someone, see the dying bloody mess and walk away. Plus, I think MH also knows that SY has feelings for him. He's a typical playboy. He would know the nuances of a girl in love. I think that's a reason why he kept repeating and telling SY that their marriage is a business deal. To keep drawing the line. So when he asked her what she would do if he kills someone, he knows that her answer is that of a person in love. This coming from someone cold like SY. So I'm pretty sure in his head, he could pretty much sum up the extent that someone like YJ could go to. The ending of episode 8 was just him confirming what he already suspected. That she wasn't alone that night. And now knowing what a worm DH could be (with him denying her parole for his own greed etc), it just solidifies the possibility that she wasn't even the driver that night. And because, he was all just so riled, he couldn't even keep his cool and just burst with WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO WOMAN! Hur, 

Also, I just realised this. If MH didn't think that SY wasn't going to be there, did he then in the deepest recesses of his heart, get YJ to dress up and bring her to the party as his date???   :x

Guest fantast1k1

@Br_Writer

we should totally do that....lets crack this.....for the beginning scene of epi 9......i'm thinking Min Hyuk is too smart to just reveal in front of DH that he now knows the truth, or is on the right track to get to it..... so he might just get mad at YJ for telling his friend? about their deal......

edit

OK something totally crazy came into my head during my workout......I'm getting a hug vibe......don't know why....MH is supposed to go crazy on learning the truth...why would he hug YJ???......

(BTW, last one too came while I was in the middle of my workout....huh....maybe I should exercise more.) :-?

how about you??? any thoughts??

Actually, I imagined a skinship shower action scene for MH and YJ to find out about the hideous scar...instead of showing disgust like DH, MH will kiss the scar...YEAY! YJ will believe MH's genuine love...well, apparently it was all in my head

:-?

@tessieroo - RE: 15. I thought SY told MH she would do anything/everything to get him out of jail? Plus she also said she wouldn't let him go to jail to begin with. If MH was thinking about SY at all, he would realize she almost just confessed her love for him again. But he was thinking about DH/YJ. 
JINX!  I just posted on your recap on exactly that topic. (pointing my finger-of-blame-and-praise at you for hooking me into this drama) :)
I've been mulling over posting one of my thoughts that I know will be wildly unpopular -- but maybe if I direct the comment to your attention, I won't be flamed out of existence.
It's this:I know how much everyone, including myself, wants to see the OTP ....um...being an OTP -- but frankly, is Min Hyuk a great candidate for Yoo Jung's much needed brighter future?
He's proven to be childish, vengeful and apparently *not that great* at running his own company. Yes, he's Ji Sung and that in itself = awesome, but would you take the character of this guy and introduce him to your best female friend as a love match? O.o
Even more so -- if San is actually still alive and hidden/adopted away -- in real life, what man with Min Hyuk's emotional immaturity would be able to handle raising the son of the man who made his life a ruin? Just seeing the child every day would be a reminder of all that went wrong and was regrettable ... also knowing that you must endure it to return-the-heart of the mother who longs for that child.
There's no current indication that he's reached a level of emotional *wholeness* to enter into a healthy relationship with Yoo Jung, much less to become the Dad of her sadly fathered child. I really don't know how the writer is going to bring this to a conclusion -- but am satisfied with the push and pull so far ~ so maybe it CAN be done!