[Drama 2013] ★ Secret | Secret Love 비밀 ★

Guest msmall

Guest Fransiska Yani

I watched ep 1 last night.  In this morning, the first thing come to my mind is to go give BSB a praise for his singing scene.
OMG, I recognized what kind of feeling that made he's sounded like that.  I've been through moment like that.  I'm a better singer :P but when I'm losing my control with my emotions, the sound I've made will exactly like that.
I will "kill" the writer if they don't proof DH is truely in love with YJ 
And the expression he made in the last scene when he saw MH walked to get YJ, all I read is, "Oh my, this man wants YJ and he deserves her more than me."
I will "kill" the writer if they don't proof BSB's interpretation is right.

Oh, @Thalia beat me to it - I was going to say the same thing in reply to @fantastic1ksuae. I think fear drove DH to abandon her Dad somewhere out in the middle of no where. He didn't think it through but instead just reacted instinctively to protect himself. (without realizing, sadly - that you're probably 100% correct in that no one would have believed a senile old man with dementia.)
@sally_b  - You are about to be flamed out of existence. fighting0038.gif
I'm totally kidding. *hehehe* Does JINX mean you owe me a Coke or I owe you one? Lets meet at TGIF! No, I probably wouldn't introduce MH to a friend of mine knowing how immature, petty and spoiled he is. On the other hand, he's cute, funny (without even trying) and rich so hmm....might have to think on that awhile. 
I do agree he's probably not the best choice for YJ nor would he be a great role model for a kid. On the other hand, I haven't seen him around kids at all so who knows? Maybe he'll visit the orphanage and we can see how he interacts with children? 

falloutjane said:
But anyway, Secret will have amnesia because! Now we see MH displaying signs of it already. He stalks her then hides and pretends he didn't, he gets floored by her pretty and then pretends he didn't, he tells KS not to report on YJ but forgets that and still wants updates. Soon, he will kiss her and then pretend he didn't. Hurhur. (My imagined scene is so cute in my head, my fangirl heart squealed. Hurhur)

fantast1ksuae said: Someone mentioned the I.D. Alert bracelet as the key for YJ finding out DH was with her father...it could be...but there's still a nagging question...I don't believe DH killed YJ's father because as a prosecutor, he knows YJ's father testimony would be too weak in court...due to Dementia.

@tessieroo --- RE: " You are about to be flamed out of existence. image  " 
gahhhh ,,,, sputters... does an amazing falling heel-spin, with rolling-back eyeballs ~ ~ ~ X_ಠ = doom.(hahahah!)
YEEEEEAAAASSS! Let's meet at TGIF -- be sure to wear your best designer cocktail dress and bring a date in a tuxedo. (TUX --omg, I actually laughed audibly when I realized the Chaebols were about to drink color-injected Jagermeister bomb shots while dressed in $$$ of clothes at.... the local TGIF) tooooo much. omg. 

I love this thread. I can understand what everyone means no matter how it's worded.  :D
@Janett - Thanks for reminding me - I keep forgetting the other car was Kwang Soo's. ^:)^ I think I have too many things about this drama stuffed into my brain. 
@katiestitch - Welcome to Soompi! I love your idea! It would be awesome if somehow the bakery got re-opened with YJ running it. I have no idea how hard MH will fight for his position at K-group but it would be cute to see him give it all up and work along side her. *hee* 

Hello! First time here and really loving this drama :)

I just want to say that, in another drama, I would hate YJ character for her blind love. But, here I just think it makes completely sense. Be BSB's fault, writter's fault or the fault of both of them, but I myself, even knowing the truth, I feel myself being foolled by DH expressions and contradictory feelings: my rational side see clearly the "evil", but my emotional side can't help but suffer with him (but both sides want that he will be damned at the end!!).

So, it is no wonder that YJ would still continue to protect DH, and minimizes MH actions. I think that, as MH is perturbed by her and doesn't really understand YJ's behaviour, YJ is also perturbed by him and doesn't understand his contradictory behaviour towards her. I also think that both, right now, can't still trust each other.

About DH: from the point of view of YJ, DH is the guy that she can (still) trust. I have the idea that YJ has always known DH is a weak person, not so strong as her, someone who she has to protect, since the begin of their relationship. Her mistake is that she thinks he is capable of love like she is, and that he is a natural good guy. She doesn't see how he is haunted by (and torn between) his good and bad wishes, his fears and his greed for power, position and (less maybe) money. 

Why JY can still trust DH:
1. First of all she doesn't know what we and MH know.
2. During 7 years he showed a kind of devotion towards her (if out of love or gratitude - my bet - only DH can say).
3. He didn't ask her to take the responsability for the hit-and-run. He let her do it, but not asked directely;  he even insists few times if she was sure, sying she could still back off. So, from YJ's pov, it was her choise.
4. Again, he showed to her that he was trying to save her. We know that what he did wasn't enough, but not YJ. She only saw him trying.
5. During the whole time in prison, DH produced a way to visit YJ every month. In her point of view, it was awesome, he didn't abondon her.
6. During the whole time in prison, DH take care of YJ's daddy, and said he was (or his mother) visiting or seeing their son. She doesn't know what he did w/ the boy and in the parole case.
7. After she was free, he was there to pick her up, hugging her and showing happiness for her freedom.
8. He help her to look for her daddy. She didn't know what he did to her daddy, only that he looked for him the whole night.
9. He didn't break with her, she did. From her pov, it was her choise. And as things appears (or he made it appears) to her, she could even think that her choise made him suffer. She could even think he didn't want break with her.
10. From now on, every occasion, very smartelly, DH contrives to show to her a kind of worry, as if he was interested in her well being. And most important, she thinks it was DH who saved her from the death, and who cared her the whole night.

If we put it together, it isn't at all strange or idiotic or too much naive if YJ chooses to trust a guy that she has been loving for about 11 years - and who seems to have remained reliable, than a guy that openly has been showing not like her, even wishing her disgrace. The whole make completely

And, this, in my opinion, is one of the reasons why I think this drama sooo good! :)

Guest Fransiska Yani

My friend once asked me what was on my mind when i was listening instrumental music. I told her that i would thought about what instrument make that sound and the difficulty to make that sound. Then i would just enjoy every tone they've made with the admiration of their talents.

It is so hard to do this with dramas. *sigh

I found myself fight to be objective and just trust my interpretation of their acting

I totally just had a thought about San at the orphanage and San's alleged death.

Why or how could an orphanage FAKE a death? You can't buy them off. They have all kinds of government oversight to be afraid of, right?

I think that a baby boy ID'd as San DID die of sepsis at the orphanage.

But either:
1. San never made it to the orphanage and is hidden away by someone.
2. Someone swapped out San with another baby. San was adopted out, while poor Other baby died.

I have no idea why this matters in the long run. It just occurred to me that while we keep the idea alive that San didn't die, some baby did die, poor thing.

Guest fantast1k1

creslin said: fantast1ksuae said: Someone mentioned the I.D. Alert bracelet as the key for YJ finding out DH was with her father...it could be...but there's still a nagging question...I don't believe DH killed YJ's father because as a prosecutor, he knows YJ's father testimony would be too weak in court...due to Dementia.