[Drama 2013] ★ Secret | Secret Love 비밀 ★

Guest msmall

This drama is the authentic korean drama where the lead actress has to suffer so much:

1 - go to jail for something she did not do
2 - get pregnant by her bastard coward boyfriend and give birth in jail
3 - have her father suffer from dementia and she is not there to take care of him
4 - lose her son while in jail and find out he died while at the orphanage
5 - get ugly scars over her body trying to save a friend who betrayed her
6 - have a b***h for a future mother-in-law who tries to keep her a-hole of a son away from her
7 - have someone torturing her in and out of prison for something that she did not do
8 - have her home bought by her tormentor and be kicked out and be in debt
9 - have her father killed by her bastard boyfriend

What else is there? Did I miss anything? If this is real life and I was her, I would prefer dying inside my home since there is nothing else to live for. Why did MH have to come? Did he get a phone call or something? I hope he saved her because he feels something for her now and not because he is one of those sadist who would keep her alive to further her torture. I guess she has to live because we are only in episode 6 *sigh* .... I hope by the middle of the drama her fate changes ... I hope she finds out that the root cause of all her suffering is her coward good-for-nothing ex-boyfriend.

ck1Oz said: Am I allowed to be worried that we have a contest winner for a writer? All your speculations could go up in smoke. If the writer is new, what happens when she doesn't know she is not supposed to write certain plot lines like that? And goes somewhere different in her plots?

Obviously, DH is the key to everything! Just look at the picture posted by @lyrayoo above ^^. I know it has a significant meaning to it and maybe someone already pointed it out before but it's crucial to figuring out how the story's going to unfold. MH is blinded by the truth (he thinks YJ was responsible for the hit and run but that's not true). YJ can't tell the truth which is that she was NOT the driver, DH has nothing covering him because he knows everything! He knows the truth, he can see the truth, and he has the mouth to tell the truth but won't. He's the answer to everything. SY doesn't want to hear the truth because she doesn't care. Like how she doesn't care to listen to her friend MH when he's grieving over JH. SY doesn't care for the truth because she just wants MH. Because DH is the answer to everything, I hope the writers give us an explanation of what happened to San as well as what happened to her dad that makes sense. I still don't think MH had anything to do with it. COINCIDENCES do happen you know... BTW, I do find that Secretary kind of fishy. I feel like he's not just working for MH but also his dad. Maybe his dad wanted the Sec to get rid of JH when he finds her. I don't know... There's more to that story. JH was running and hiding for a reason. And if the writer goes down this path, YJ will become the next target. MH, however, will be able to protect YJ this time.

suissou said: cahya said: Hahaha no the written preview didn't say that MH knows about DH-SY plans, but it was implied in those written preview that their plan will probably backfired, since MH will indeed feels jealous but not on SY-DH but instead for YJ who still has some lingering feelings toward DH (she may or may not actually feels/display this but I think it can probably be only in MH's minds since he still doesn't know about their break up).

EDIT: Just find the written preview translation by @P Jupiter on p.89 of this thread:

"Min Hyuk, who helped Yoo Jung, avoids Yoo Jung as soon as (she) wakes up. Yoo Jung who regained her strength, found her shot/opportunity (and) while she is figuring out her livelihood, she is exposed to the underground world. Do Hoon, who gave up being a prosecutor, joins K Group and later seeks opposition against Min Hyuk who is the President. Not caring about getting acknowledged for (his) ability, Do Hoon who is climbing up* opened (Se Yeon's) eyes. Se Yeon tries to stir Min Hyuk's jealously by getting closer to Do Hoon, but instead Min Hyuk feels jealousy towards Yoo Jung who can't forget Do Hoon."

Guest linakyon

Hi everyone :) I've surrender myself to this drama after marathoning 6 ep and now have to suffer till next episode xD Great script and great acting so far! It's been a while I don't skip scenes and won't do that with this drama, because I'm afraid I can miss something.
I think most of us believe that San is still alive and DH's mother played a role in this scheme...I think she wasn't the mastermind of this plan, because she doesn't have any power or connections to allow her to obtain a fake autopsy report, right? Maybe MH helped her? 

lovehbhjw2013 said: So did DH kill YJ's dad?
After he found the dad, the dad was dead....and he did not attend his wake...  Geezzz....ad he tried to give YJ his money?

MH is like a shadow to YJ....tracking her and thinking of her all the time...  Through YJ, he saw love for people, DH, her dad and her love for her son....so I believe he found it difficult to hate her eventually.    She even apologised profusely to his dead gf whom she was really sorry to...but not him.

Poor YJ has to cry through so many episodes....her eyes looked so swollen.
Hopefully the next 2 episodes, MH turned into a prince charming to change her life....  

Also, I have that nagging feeling that his secretary was the one who killed his ex-gf....he was saying to him... "I forgot, you are not very good in looking for people" before he stormed out to look for YJ in the bread shop and found her fainted there.

tessieroo said: @cynkdf - 
I feel like I'm trying too hard to make DH not be a total bastard. I don't want him to have had anything to do with San's disappearance because I feel like that would KILL YJ once she finds out. :-S :((  I mean, I DO want her to find out what an richard simmons he is but I don't want it to have anything to do with San.  Does that make sense? (LOL) 
On the other hand, if MH is the one who took San - I don't see any way she would ever fall in love with him if/when she found out! If either guy had anything to do with it, they're toast. 
I need to stop obsessing. b-(

@aznchic209, awesome post about DH being the key to everything.
I think HJE said she finished reading the script sent to her (didn't say how many episodes) much faster than other scripts sent to her in the past - she must have seen something truly special in the writing/story. Hope so anyway :)
BSB, thank you for making me hop onto the Secret train (honestly I'd not have watched it otherwise) but now I am firmly on it not just because of  BSB but because of the drama itself and the people involved (especially the cast) -  it has just been that special.
Thank you to everyone who has posted his or her thoughts - please keep spazzing/analyzing/venting, Secret deserves it!

Guest ngthuhien149

I sooooooo regret watching this drama.......too early TT T
The waiting is too painful TT TT
The second male lead's acting is impressive. Bae Soo Bin right? I have heard about him from my friends who have been watching Kdramas ever since Sandglass, but did not really notice him bcoz he usually played 2nd leads in those dramas I did not watch.... There is no need to say much about Hwang Jung Eum. I watched her in Can you hear my heart, Golden Hour, and this.  I have always loved Hwang Jung Eum's acting. Never disappoint. Brilliant! The fragility she brings into this character is all sort of amazing. I usually hate this kind of character but not in this. I can't breath when she cried... literally...aigoo this woman >< I hope Jisung brings up his game in the next episodes. I guess his character is not developed enough for now so he seems not be able to impress me much.I can't say much about LDH but I do like her character a lot, I do not find her annoying, a very well written 2nd lead for me.
I have to say this drama has all kinds of tragedies, not my type, but I am impressed w the writing. I will check her works when I have time.
I don't really recommend dramas to my friends, especially melodrama. But I did for this one, and all of my friends love it.

@cynkdf. Opps sorry... I messed up the name hehe didn't mean it.

@sone1993, tessieroo wrote an excellent recap of Secret and in one of the responses, someone kindly translated the preview:
http://couch-kimchi.com/2013/10/14/secret-thoughts-on-week-3/#comment-14947

@ngthuhien149 he's  Bae Soo Bin  :) He does play villains brilliantly - hope he doesn't get typecast because of that. No more KMH/ADH types for your next few dramas, BSB - please ...

Guest channak

What amazing stills shots shows how much love everyone has on this drama. HJE acting has amazed me she really showed me she can pull of melo drama and hold the character loved her more now