[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Guest sogongx3

Actually the first thought that came in my mind when she said she's afraid was that she's afraid of her feelings towards him, but maybe I'm wrong.

Saw this posted and translated on Baidu (taken from EK DC)12819190635_0c6eb1ddb5_o.png

The production is looking for a 3 year child and a 4 month old newborn.  WTH!!!  A 4 month old baby is not a newborn, it's considered an infant!  Aish!  Ah well.  So now it's almost 90% confirmed that SN will bare a child for TH.  So no more 'she can still be Empress even without a child'.
Well as everyone suspected, we'll have another time jump.  I'm ok with that as long as they make it clear.  Realistically, it would be hard for them to be able to just take down the ET over a matter of days/months.  Like TT said, they need time to build their army. 
The only issue I have is all these things they've been doing, I would have rather them put in small time jumps with every event instead of just one major time jump.  If in the last episode they would have some how announced MaHa's one year old celebration, then it would be a subtle time way of announcing the time jump...or does everyone already thinks he's already 1? Maybe they'll do that in the next couple episodes.
I didn't see this posted yet, it's a still from HJW DC:
12819189885_c0a5faa4ba_o.jpg

@tessiero my first thought when SN said she was starting to be afraid was 'Oh...her heart is starting to waver'  Honestly the virginity issue was the last thing I thought she'd be worried about.  
It didn't seem like the writers made it much of an important issue in this drama.  I was not worried at all that anyone would be able to use that against her now.  Like I said, as far as other people see it, she's been sleeping with TH, so she shouldn't be a virgin anymore.  The only worry is what would TH think.

@pegster Usually they do not use newborn or very young infants in television. In America they have to be like 6 months I think, something like that.  Not sure the exact reasoning behind it, if it's a safety concern or because they are too small, the older they are the more animated they are, or who knows why.  Maybe someone on here may know the reason.  I just remember hearing it before.  Please someone correct me if I'm mistaken.
I wonder does this mean we will finally be seeing the long awaited oohlala scene between TH and SN?? It's going to take a couple more years for it to happen....way to hold out SN!!!  Poor TH, wonder if he used other concubines or just took lots of cold showers??? 

@PeggyM I remember reading a post about the baby age thing, and I have no problem with it.  I was actually LOL'ing at the fact that they specified it as a '4 month old newborn', they should have just scrapped the new born part of the description. :))
Here's on my thought on what's going to happen in the next episode.
TH is going to burst in to the meeting hall and demand that they release SN immediately.  DS' plan is going to fail right on the spot.  Although TH doesn't have his political powers back yet, he is still the Emperor, if he can give a legitimate defence for his consort and his guards, there is no way they can forcefully take those people away, especially if the Emperor is almost in a dying state.
I only think this is a possible scenario because why did they show TH waking up right before the end of the episode, and the only thing he did was ask where SN was?  If GT is getting updates of what's going on at the meeting hall, I'm sure he'd tell TH, knowing TH, he would not allow for any further harm to be done to SN.
The preview kind of confirms my thoughts with DS being so upset, and getting desperate to the point where she is resorting to black magic.

@pegster I got ya! I never thought it worked either, how many "newborns" coo and smile and look all cutesy???  I like your thoughts on what's going to happen next, I hope you are right.  I'm so ready for the evil plans to fade away for awhile.  I mean we all know how things are going to turn out, that their plans are not going to work, sometimes it's just agonizing to sit through them knowing that....but I guess the drama would be boring without a little angst here and there.  Just think it's been a little overkill lately, especially for TN character....give it a rest woman...nobody wants you...go freeze in that cold palace like a good banished empress.  (sorry, she just really irritates me) :)
oh, and the black magic scenario....really???  Didn't they play that out in The Moon Embracing the Sun??  

PeggyM said: @pegster Usually they do not use newborn or very young infants in television. In America they have to be like 6 months I think, something like that.  Not sure the exact reasoning behind it, if it's a safety concern or because they are too small, the older they are the more animated they are, or who knows why.  Maybe someone on here may know the reason.  I just remember hearing it before.  Please someone correct me if I'm mistaken.
I wonder does this mean we will finally be seeing the long awaited oohlala scene between TH and SN?? It's going to take a couple more years for it to happen....way to hold out SN!!!  Poor TH, wonder if he used other concubines or just took lots of cold showers??? 

@chrissydiva Thanks for clarifying, I thought I heard something about that a long time ago.  Yep, sometimes the beginning life of a child star starts really early.  I hope they get a baby as cute as the one playing Byul, I think he is so adorable, with his little chubby cheeks and that hair...too cute!!

I'm rewatching the episodes with subs and I'm looking at details..
When they share that very enjoyable dinner party, and Tanashiri asks SN to drink, TH says to her: "Not everyone likes drinking like you" ahahaha!!! That made me crack up, TN is a drukhard XD It also reminded me of Running Man's framing Gwang Soo XD
She really made a fool of herself that evening!
=))

And when she ask WY out for a drink too!!! LOL

Ki jaein will soon give all of her to Emperor Huizong and yes of course he'll consummate (sleep with) her as a man with his wife and voila preggo with his baby.. that would probably happening after ET clan's fall down and Tal Tal will be by her side as her loyal aide. And I'm sure it will be happening after she coronates as the new Empress.. Now I'm starting to think that the scene in ep 1 won't be the last episode.. I wish to see more of Emperor Huizong's charisma in reigning Yuan's dinasty. And is it me or Ta Hwan is looking more mature every time? He oozes this Majestic aura in the last 2 episodes that I stop considering him as uri puppy Emperor..

@SeGafanlady I hope you are right about the coronation not being the ending, I was worried that may be the case as well.  I also think this new info about another possible baby, could be a good indication that it could happen sooner than we think.  Popping out a little baby prince would be just the thing to push her into the Empress spot, at least that's what I was thinking all along, that she could not easily become Empress without that happening.  As always, this is just my humble opinion  :D

It’s interesting to note the parallelism that writers are using in the drama.CPR kiss and the Medicine Kiss, SN tells TH to lean on her on the bridge after his encounter with El Temur and TH tells SN to lean on him after drinking match with Tanashiri, Seung Nyang takes an arrow for Ta Hwan and Ta Hwan takes an arrow for her. Ta Hwan betrayed her by lying  and now Wang Yoo has betrayed her by lying too. Using the word “betray” loosely here. Each had their own reasons, Ta Hwan to save his life and the lives of everyone there from El Temur and Wang Yoo to save his and Seung Nyang’s life from Tanashiri’s threat to reveal his cover if he didn’t vouch for her father. The look on Seung Nyang’s face when she stares at Wang Yoo after his false testimony is one of disappointment, hurt and almost anger.
I think Seung Nyang’s fear after Ta Hwan’s advance is a combination of things. She has obvious feelings for Ta Hwan and she’s scared to give in to them as it may detour her from her revenge quest. She may be feeling guilty that she hasn’t told him the truth about her relationship with Wang Yoo and having a baby. She’s afraid to tell him because of hurt it will cause him. She was conflicted with emotions at that moment.
As far as Empress Dowager goes, I think I read somewhere that historically it was she that pushed for Ta Hwan’s exile instead of El Temur. Perhaps it was to keep his younger half brother in power. Aside from that, Ta Hwan eventually banishes Bayan and Empress Dowager from court. Since the drama is not following history, it may be a moot point. There is not much more time in the drama to develop other antagonists. If they are going to do it, they better speed it up and get the story going.

I never once had a doubt that the opening scene would not be the ending scene.  There was a clear clue that it was not the end because WG is there, and he did not look like he was about ready to accept that SN is now the Empress of Yuan.
As with with SN/TH's baby, don't be too surprise if this all happens why DS is still around.  There needs to be some more scheming during the pregnancy.  If ET clan is already gone before the baby comes, who's going to try to kill a pregnant SN?
Here's the order of what I see things may happen:

1. SN get's pregnant
  2. DS/ET Clan tries to kill her/baby
  3. ET clan goes down
  4. SN gets promoted to Gwibi
  5. ED and BA gets taken down
  6. SN becomes Empress
  7. SN helps WY get rid of WG once and for all

palilsan said:
I think Seung Nyang’s fear after Ta Hwan’s advance is a combination of things. She has obvious feelings for Ta Hwan and she’s scared to give in to them as it may detour her from her revenge quest. She may be feeling guilty that she hasn’t told him the truth about her relationship with Wang Yoo and having a baby. She’s afraid to tell him because of hurt it will cause him. She was conflicted with emotions at that moment.

SeGafanlady said: palilsan said:

I think that when SN will become Empress, TN will still be primary empress, in place of the historic Bayan's niece, just to make things simpler for the audience.

About WY and the fact that TH says to him SN saved him, I think It's something TH tells him privately. Probabily because TH has come to know that Byul is their son and sleeping with a palace maid wasn't allowed! So, (probably) SN begged TH not to harm WY  by keeping the matter a secret and he agrees.

While I admire her resolve to serve and be loyal to her orginial country, aka, Korea. I want her to move on and love the Emperor. Seeing WY sulking and her being in silent pain is getting way over the top and is interfering with the story line. No wonder Dwager is not comfortable with her, she knows she does not love her son, she is only using him. I read later on that the mother gets banished.