[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

@petria indeed he doesn't because what he did hasn't an explenation to save him...even so,i felt pity,even for those seconds,aigooo,maybe i'm too good of a person.... :)) and most of all i felt pity for the situation and not 100% for solely ET if i may say so,kinda hard to express the full meaning as good because english is not my first language...BUT i don't have pity for Smirk Smirk...i remember someone saying in the novel SN poisons TS after many years in front of Maha...i heard in the preview ED saying something about poison but not sure...curious if evil Smirky minions will still be alive @-)ED is the type that doesn't want to have a more powerful women rule and outshine her,she wants to rule and have a obidient Empress who does her wishes...curious if the governors will side with her now and leave TH now that ET put the fear in them and even said TH is nothing more than a puppet in SN hands...And 'em i the only one that want SN to became a true Empress and take care with a true heart of the well being of Yuan people?I for one prefer and understand her own desire,now pummed by ET himself to become Empress just to take her revenge on his clan and become the one who will rule Yuan,the low Goryo women who he looked down and said that won't ever be in that chair and be known in history...now she has her own motivation and she has Ayu as TH legitim descendent to thing for his own well being and future..WY is now in charge of the fate of Goryo,not her burden anymore...

tessieroo said: @petria - 
I actually think ET probably instilled in all his kids that belief of "never let your enemy see you crying or in fear". And that's exactly the way he died - no tears, no fear. I think Tana will go down the same way (with the exception of her tears in front of WY) so even while I was jumping around and clapping, I was fascinated. :P  So I get what you mean. 
Was it just yesterday that Tana was demanding they chop off Ki's head and have it thrown into the streets?  :D  

@jeonghyang - Sexy Man Down !! Sexay Maaaan DOWN !!!!  (hahah!)
Thank You (!) so much for the gif-cap-of-death for my very brief fling - The Yuan Road Warrior. (insert heavy Rock guitar -- ♫♪ It's better to burn out than fade away ~ ♫♪ )  :D

same as @Miky88 although I wish Bayan will not betray SN because in the beginning he was the one who trusted SN that she can win the consort-pageant (dunno what's that called) before more than TT. But. but. but pleassseee.. not Tal Tal.. I'll pray hard he wont betray SN in the later part  [-O< :( 
SN already has proven herself to Taltal so I wish Tal Tal would be wise enough not to turn his back at SN. :( and just because I have learned to love TalTal already and I don't want to hate him anymore if he goes against SN! although I find it impossible because blood is thicker. :( 
As for the writers it seems as if they don't want to leave us hating on the villains because even if ET died he was still making sense of what he said. Even if DK was the one who killed SN's mom he was still a good son to always follow and trying to prove his worth to his Daddy dear and he still loves SN... I remembered when he got so mad at BS for "killing" SN on the cliff because DK wants to kill SN for himself, still selfish, one-sided-love. (Sympathizing at TJ for only getting few lines, and just when he got a lot of lines he was killed after) And of course TN.. no matter how mean and smirk-y she can get..I still find her really cutie-patootie. LOL I cannot hate her especially that she loves Maha like her own. 
Oh well, I have always liked Im Joo-eun since The Heirs so I am looking forward on how she would become as the new antagonist. I hope the writers wont disappoint, and I hope she wont be like how TN as a villain since tha's already BJH but be some kind of Lady Mishil from Queen Seon Deok! :))
how's the ratings today? :)
edit: congrats on the ratings..not bad! :) we're almost there! woot woot!

I felt sad when ET die because it is becoming more real to me that this drama is closer to the end!  :((  I think the writers did a good job with ET character.  Evil people don't see themselves as evil. I believe that evil people do not wake up wondering what evil deed they're going to perpetrate that day. The reality is that someone like ET had a moral compass turned completely inside out. And we know this because of how BA said he was a great warrior and admired him when he was younger. Unfortunately, throughout this drama he has shown as “his” moral definition, completely exonerates him from any objective moral standard. His new and subjective "moral" code stipulates; First, morality is doing what satisfies yourself. Second, all people and objects only exist to be exploited by yourself. Third, the highest moral calling is fulfilling your own desires. Their highest calling is the whim and desire of their base natures. Which is one reason why a person like ET in power is always a deadly force where the rule of law is the whim of the dictator. ET character was so good at all this. Then add that smirk and laugh, it made us really hate him.

I think another reason why I felt sad when ET died is because the writers in the last few episodes made me see him in a more human light. Such as when he was going crazy and he realize that he almost killed his own son DK. When again today when he cried, I think he realized that not only was he doomed but so were his children. Everything he did was supposed to be his legacy for his children but at the end with SN telling him that Maha is not blood, his blood line dies with him and his children. Plus it was hard to see BA cried over someone he once respected. I felt for ET and BA, I understood their pain, I kind of wish ET had done something different to fix his life.

But YBS aka El Plague I won't feel bad if he dies!!

I can’t wait for next week!! 

Guest ravendark

Todays episode was really good. 
Fighting scenes were well prepared. cant say didnt feel sad when new general (smexy one) dies with double blade hit but hey u choose your fate when side with El Tumor. 
What I was really dissapointed is after seeing Tapje's acting today, its really shame that they couldnt use the actor fully. They could use him way better than just put him as a one line puppet. To shame. (I was getting use to his chatty face) I would like to see hin in another drama with proper install really. 
I was moonwalkin when Sn get TN taken. Slap on the evil made was a cream on top, wish other one get one as well. 
Actor who plays El Temur is great actor, I dont think any other could portrayed El Temur better than him. Am I sad hes gone? Hell no, character was filled his time already a while ago and things were getting started to be cheesy. ET's death was fair and square, even though he didnt deserved to be honored by killed by the hand of Bayan, it was a show of respect anyhow. 
Before ET died, he gave his last poison; 
To ED as a reason to fear SN to Ministers as a reason she is not one of them and will destroy countryto Bayan , as she will become his superior and will be his downfallto TH as a suspicion from hear heartTo SN as a new goal to prove him right 
So now, everyone afraid of her, and will go against her. He pointed her as a new target of then. Maybe not TH and TT  but rest will try to pull her down. Starting with new empress choosin. 
If you ask me they are all bunch of idiots. SN is the reason they could get ET terminated. If she was able to go to Goryo with her baby what would be their end? ET gets ultimate power after killing TH when there is a prince ( even from another concort, Empress can adopt him and rise as her own anyway by being his guardian at throne. ED would probably be dead even way earlier, Bayan and Tal Tal will be just side kicks, governers would be slaves to ET's wishes and in depth till the nose. 
SN has a ruling heart and mind, why not just let her? And live happly instead create a new caos? But hey, history have zillions examples of this acts anyway. 
BTW how TN get to be poisoned is, they will reweal Maha is fake, and there is nothing can save her anymore.  I thinh DK will try to save Tana but fail big time, in mean time hoping to EL Plage get caught,  he is still around and that is big dissapointment fo me. Curly..well we know he will survive still a lil turture would cheer me up. (Now I am growing fork tail :P
Nezt week gonna be another fast start I guess :) 
What happens from now is kinda obvious. They will serve us new empress, evil ED and greedy Bayan with loyal TT to Ki. Hope TH will not distance himsel from SN. If that happens I am totally gonna drom this drama cause after all go trough that would be an insult to our intelligence. 

Give us more TAL TAL :) since everday us TAL TAL admirers getting crowder. 

My thoughts are on the Dowager, Sn and the two kids I could see the dowager not wanting Sn son as the CP for fear it will give Sn to much power and push her to the back burner to welt  The dowager has seen how Sn has got the emperor whip into shape and gave him courage to clean house with her help. I fear for Sn with this new empress arrival. I wouldn't put it past the dowager and her to work to together to get Sn banished.   

Hi all!  
Thanks for those who were thinking of me ( @larabn, @tessiero, @ChelseaS, @milky88, @adjani and anyone I might have missed)
Sorry for disappearing the last couple days. I was out out town visiting relatives and couldn't really post.
So sad I missed all the excitement this week.  I did manage to catch the live streaming of both EP36 and 37 though.
I'm trying to download the files and subs now.  Will try to post my thoughts later.  Probably won't bother with the quick summaries/translations since there have already been many, many discussions over the last few days, so don't want to sound like a broke record.
There are however a couple of dialogues I'm thinking of posting as I think they may help others to understand the relationships better, and maybe some leads to what might happen in the future episodes.

Tomorrow will be long for me because no empress ki. Like the other week, I keep playing and watching the empress ki last episode. Can't wait for episode 38. Empress ki is so addicting Korean drama. The more I think of it the more I want to watch the next episode. I think this is the syndrome of empress ki fans. We are happy when the new episode is in the air. Have a nice day everyone. Until then. More power empress ki. Love you all.

Guest critics

@ravendark said:  "Thé one Who plants Thunder, Harvests storm."

I like your quote, first time I heard it. 

Anyways, was I the only one who felt sorry seeing ET being bound, dragged to the prison cell, & choke by Bayan until his last breath infront of the Yuan court?  How humiliating must it be?  So lucky for both DK & TS, they're not around to witness the death of their almighty father.

I was also surprised to hear Tapjahae's longest line ever, but I never thought it was a sort of death premonition.

Now only DK & TN are left.  What future awaits for these siblings now that ET is gone?  Could it be that their death is more painful or humiliating than what ET & TJ got?

Honestly, me too.. I'm so sad EL-Temur was gone last night :( If He didn't, who else makes TH and SN be strong like that?! I honor you EL-Temur *BOWDOWN~~tumblr_n2at6oPtQa1st4lfho1_500.jpg
tumblr_n2at6oPtQa1st4lfho2_500.jpg
You know guys, what's mean?!.. I think EL-Temur gives her "CURSE" that's why BA's niece comes to palace for fight SN -_-" seriously I can't slept last night, guys.. you slept well?! I got scared with her, BA's niece is evil, [no..] more evil than TN.. wooohooo *like a lightning bolt in broad daylight b-(

what's gonna happen to Maha??? , now that TS's bannished SN could check if Maha his son ..and they said that  the empror  tried to install SN as the empress but ED and bayan opposed it. i don't think that the new empress is bayan's niece because she's from a different clan. from historical story she is ED relative ( same clan khongirad)..

Guest adjani1430293095

I liked the episode today... but somehow.. feel a bit empty.
It was always known that El T clan will fall since the first episode showed SY as Empress and TH as a proper emperor.
I really liked TH's rise as an emperor.. I mean seriously he did go from Wimp Central.. who cannot even read and write .. to order opposing troops to stand down and also protect his people and staff. He could just sacrifice them all to survive but that is not the person that he is. Probably why when he was talking to El T, EL T said he was not the sort to "kill them all". 
EL T cannot believe how he missed how strong TH can be and have become and clearly he blames it all on SY. And he exacts his revenge on SY by warning all of her influence over the emperor. He knows the ED and other governors will not stand by for someone external to run the nation for sure.
SY had no ambitions actually but those were awoken by EL T.. and this is the next change in her .. she had actually merely wanted to take revenge for her loved ones and support TH. Now she will change and acquire power for herself and her homeland.
As for ED, now that the common enemy is dead, she will be clearly aware of how powerful and clever SY is, and her hunger for power and control will make her seek out Maha as her support to make sure that Maha is crown prince and as regent for him, she will be more powerful. Maybe thats where the plot where Maha is not TN's real son will come into play... although I am not sure about that. Maybe our great @pegster can enlighten us. 
BY's rise is also going to be swift, he is going to be credited and viewed as a leader.. and that may soon also become a sore point again. It may well be that his niece will twist him around and goad him into going after SY because she wants to be the favored consort and empress. Although how this person will interact with ED will be interesting. It might be a triangle going into this with ED, the new Empress and SY as the central parts... assuming TH is always on SY's side, then there will be BY on the new Empress side and ED may be swinging from side to side with her own agenda... assuming TH is taken in by the new empress.. then even more conflict and angst.
Something will have to tip TT over to SY for sure... he is not the disloyal sort.. even at EL T's death, he was respectful and asked the guards to accord him respect.
This episode comes to a head with some conclusions but somehow... I am left a bit wanting. The only significant deaths were El T and his second son, who was always second fiddle anyhow... ... 

Guest adjani1430293095

Also, they made such a fuss about the blood vow and all TH did was to show it to the governors.. how is that different from EL T showing a fake one to the rest.. ok there is the butterfly but its just TH's word.... and I wonder.. the look that TH gave after WY looks at SY.. is it one of suspicion or more that "Aigoo.. he still likes my wife!".. 
And for dramatic purposes, clearly everyone talked more than they should.. TH could already have been killed if they werent talking so much.. then again, it was his final time to have decent lines... EL T could have been killed earlier too.. except he was given the chance to babble on...
At least, TT keeps killing and not talking all the time *wry smile*.... 
I also think its a bit odd, surely if TN was on the plot to overthrow the emperor, they should have plans to warn her if things go awry? DK finally got the message to his brother and father after he sent a falcon to send a message..(since all the messengers were intercepted and killed), surely people planning a coup will have planned for an exit? 
And EL T with his face saving "lets go home" plays down the coup bit way way too lightly... I mean he tried to kill the emperor and take over and he didn't have plan B with his kids? Same for TN... you want your kid to be king and you didn't have any troops guarding you and warning you? Eh?.... 
But of course, all the above is required for the drama purposes. .. but somehow this epic showdown... didn't turn up epic for me... don't get me wrong, I think all the actors and actresses did a fine job and I liked that the plot moved(i.e. baddies did die)... but somehow... does not quite seem to fit the EL T who put the governor's head in a box....