[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

@tessieroo Indeed,she told him about Maha when they were all alone,that's why he began crying all alone there...He didn't believe her at first telling ehr she lies but she said the one who did it is TS and the truth will be found out and his blood and his dreams will die with him...she tells WY that she hates him and it's his fault or something,it's an injustice and he tells her that she can say all is his fault and to hate him for all...Th cames and visits her and sadly points out that even in those minutes she doesn't show signs of regrets,of change...she also asked Th to kill her there/already but he didn't wanted ..don't know if she is expelled from the Palace or will be killed,exilled forever in some temple etc....

Guest sunflowermha

According to the preview, i think TN will just be banished from the palace. Is there a chance for TN and DK to join force and bring up some "revenge"?

Well.  This was a most enjoyable outing.  But I need to head out for what will be a very long day.  Ratings to follow... and hopefully some sort of explanation as to WHY THE HELL the OST Part.3 (Junsu's song "I Love You") is NOT being included on the upcoming OST CD release.  Me no understand...

SIgh, would have loved to see DK tied up or held back powerless as his brother, his father and his sister are gasping for their last breaths. Then he will be brought near to their bodies while he tries his best to gather all of them to him and ask them to hang in there and live. That would be an awesome scene. Then pan to SN doing her own version of a smiling smirk with chin held high and fire in her eyes. Later ETH ordering Taltal to get someone to chop his head off and hang it at the public square, looking down of the bodies of his family. Ruthless, don't you think and they do deserve it for the number of people they killed and the misery, pain, unfounded fear and anguish they gave to so many people.

By the way, in the scene where Tanasmirky was wearing a white costume and crying, it seems that she's gained weight. Must be from all the steamed buns she ate like a chipmunk earlier.

Guest minnie0103

@larabn Me too. I just started making some GIFs last weekend. :)
Wang Yoo - Tanashiri moment next week :(

4HoTbt.gif
zGMbt9.gif

Feeling bad for Tana. It's strange. She's a villain, and yet I like her. :(

At the end ET really did die by TH order and with the help of a rope like in his many nighmares and he knew it while touhcing and smiling a little on the irony of itI won't hide that i'm happy that DK is still alive,i want to see more of him,hope to show some more intersting sides of him and not become a boring one dimentional crazy dude from now one...we can explore more into his mind and ineer tumoils as well as with TT&Bayan...for me i'm sure TT will back up SN from the recent developments...even in this episode he looked at her and comunicated via glare when they came to protect TH from TJ...more to tell that they don't even need words to convey their word to one another and know what they must do,this two are really a good combo

Guest larabn

@Miky88
Thanks for your awesome posts after the eps :)
actually I'm expecting a huge blast coming from DK now
as I said before, if SN will kill him with her sword then he did something that lead to his final doom
he won't stay calm cuz we all know that DK is driven by his emotions and when he hears that his father, brother died and sister is exiled to the temple
he will go cuckoo and get scary as well as, crazy ... so we are up to a crazy cuckoo plan by DK but I'm happy jeakhu is there cuz he can be the person who can work as a spy to inform WY, or SN about DK's actions

@minnie0103
Love WY in the suit , Thanks for gifs :D
@tessieroo
Glad you liked them :) This ep was daebek so I had to give it a try :D

Tapjahae gets more lines in his last few minutes than his duration in the whole drama, only to get disobeyed and easily killed by BA, tsk tsk. Sadly his scene still was not as epic as HD's. Everyone is getting slapped today lol. I just wish SN could slap TN too, but she already punched her so I guess I must resign myself. HD slapping YA really shows how the power in the palace has shifted, once upon a time HD had to rub YA feet, even as SN's maid. Now she is just slapping YA around haha. Oh and I can't forget how she is speaking scathingly towards TN. TN still upset me a bit when she says things like "I'm wronged" as if she committed no crimes, seriously, they should have her sitting in prison across from her daddy, not the cold palace. Through out ET's last minutes I really wondered why they were letting ET have such a long speech where he was badmouthing SN. Then finally SN decides she will be Empress, now the meaning of the rings showing up in ep 1 is beginning to be much clearer. We saw the rings appear when she wanted revenge for her friends and baby. Now it looks like it will be connected to the fact that she wants to help Goryo by becoming empress.( It is also possible that she is using it to swear to her parents.) It will also be her last slight against ET, who bismirked her image before death. it is equivalent to saying "I'll show you." It is a great plan by the way. it was ET's dream and lasting legacy to have his bloodline become emperor, now someone he blatantly despised will usurp that dream and have her bloodline on the throne ( ironically enough if Maha became emperor it still would be her bloodline on the throne :)) ) Now the question is how she will go about doing it, she can't just ask for the empress position, and she probably might guess they won't let her have it that easily, will she have to go to the darkside :-? . I wonder if she will beat ED into submission or just rid of her altogether
But today TH was making SN worry with his new found courage. He was a true leader today.  SN really wanted him to escape for his safety, but instead of being cowardly he was resolved to stay and die with his soldiers. He even went up against TJ ( I know he is not as scary as DK), he got his soldiers to drop their swords, and even before that hesitate to attack him. TH was very handsome and charismatic today, especially when encouraging his men, there was no question he was the emperor, he was completely in charge. 
In all seriousness though, must the writers drag out TN's and DK's death? Also I wonder why DK decided to go after his father's wealth, is it to raise a new army? but that takes time, unless he is buying lots of mercenaries, but it still takes time to gather them. I'm on the fence about YBS killing him for the money though, only because I don't want YBS to be rewarded with all that wealth.

nana544

said: I been wanted to see ET died, and now that it finally happened, my heart feel disheartened. Sure, he was evil, but how I wish that's not how he should died. I would have want him to die in battle. Seeing him died like that just make his strong character look fragile. SN definitely have enemies now, both the new Empress and ED. Lastly, WY is so cute with his son.

tessieroo

said:

@jeyonghyang - Awww...poor Tana. It's just so sad, I should go hug her.   But I think my legs are too numb from sitting here? Can't...quite...make...em move.  

BEST EPISODE EVAR. I could not remove my eyes from the screen, not once. (that hasn't happened for a very long time!) 
@ravendark - Yes, I think this is when Dowager starts being wary of SN. 

Actually I am gonna quite miss Tana and her two bff. The trios just seems like the evil bullies in a high school.Yep, TN has some strange likeable quality and this has to be credited to the actress BJH. I always think TN is misguided, she probably didnt have a mother figure and her dad is just all crazy about power so she didnt have any love and wasnt able to love properly.
DK is strangely missing? 
I prefer HCW in her warrior mode. And TH is awesome and glorious in his majestic glory. WY is fine doing his brooding.
I think this is a great show thanks to the cast, I think everyone pulled in a 120%, maybe becos is such a long show and everyone got so devoted to their own characters. 
I dont know, after the epic battle, if they bring in the new empress, the tempo will slow down again right? This ep could have been the last ep of a drama.

Guest bashful

I have a feeling today ep will receive high rating..... ET is finally dead!!!  I wonder if SN will know he truth about Maha??I was thinking her guards will find out first but will keep SN in the dark!  

I didn't finish backreading yet so someone might have mentioned this but looks like the good guys are about to split sides next week. Judging from the preview, ED is the one who's going to take care of Maha and she'll probably try to raise him as a Crown Prince. She was already giving SN those glances of hers all along but ET's last words just gave a voice to her fears so now she'd try to use Maha as a shield against SN. 
She's probably the one who's going to push for a new Empress now that that seat will be empty after the deposing of TN (with the help of BA and his niece). TT might come to crossroads with his uncle after some ideological differences and decide to support SN all the way. And our poor TH might just get caught up in the middle of this political war, torn between his pseudo mom and the woman he loves.

I'm sure ED will use Bayan inner wish and greed to make him take her side and support her and turning his back on SN for the sake of the grater good and Yuan legacy,using his niece as the perfcet candidate to become the new Ruller beside TH,making Bayan the Prime Minister...i'm sure she will use all this to make him sway by her side and that's when things will be intresting,will Tal Tal take his hand or join SN...I'm sure the Governors won't accept easy SN after ET very fresh words imprintend on them,they won't accept a Goryo women in the Yuan throne when Th can very good choose one of the other Yuan concubines as his prime wife,i think in some extent they will also force him with ED along way to choose another women fast for the stability of the Empire....what will SN do from now on,will her new feelings for TH change with the arrivel of this new women and the new plots againts him,what WY new goal may be from now on...i know he told BS to keep on eye n DK and YBS,so will he focus on Goryo matters and DK&Hoksu Organization for the time being...Th promised him that with ET down he will give him back his throne... :-?
i think the next 2 episodes will be very difficult in writing matters because now that ET clan is out,the head and the main villan,the must mentain that exitment and not go flat on the plot so hope they won't let us down,i'm sure many await some kind of twist,something unespected to keep us wantign for more and not think that with ET leave the story became dull(and the reating will reflect that as well)well maybe official they can't kill the mother of the son but there are always methods,like accidents,poision and so one..curious what will her after be from now on,i sensed that ED will want to remove her as well,i think i heard her talk about poision but don't know if i'm right and if it is methaforiclly or true one...

@rinchan76 - 
I wondered that too - why was ET allowed to just babble on? I guessed it was to give rise to the plot that none of the governors or Dowager will approve SN being Empress. I'm also going to guess it's TH who brings it up since SN wouldn't ask. Of course, puppy wants her to be his Empress!  =))  Because of ET's last speech, everyone will disapprove so we'll have another battle. 
Even as worried as I get about Maha, that's exactly why I wanted it brought up in front of Tana. I want ALL of her crimes exposed with hard evidence so she can't continue to say "I was wronged"!!!!  [-(  (I hate it when she does that too) I'm dying to know what WY says to her in the preview. 
I have no idea where they're going with DK and El Plague. And ET's fortune being buried in a cave?  :| =))  We have so much to get through! What are they going to do with Bi-Soo? Is she in love with WY? Will there be a romantic relationship? And what happens to Maha? SN still has to find out he's Byul.  Lots of things to take care of still. jumpy.gif
@Miky88 - It wasn't at all what I envisioned for ET's death because I believe both of his sons and Tana should have died first - and he should have been made to watch. (or visa-versa) It's annoying to me he was given a "warrior's" death since he was nothing but a power-greedy tyrant and a bully.  Pffffttttt. As for BA's tears, since we were never shown any scenes of ET being an awesome warrior on the battlefield, it just left me confused. We heard BA talk of ET being a warrior but...it almost makes it seem (IMO) that BA is a namby-pamby ideologist whose beliefs are not based on facts. First he blindly follows ET orders (because of fear) then he blindly follows TH (because he's the "heir" to the throne) 
I dunno, I just wasn't impressed with that scene.