✪ Kim So Hyun 김소현 ✪ [Drama 2023: My Lovely Liar], [Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy]

faye406

2 hours ago, Erick Miranda said:

Despite being at No.8, I am still proud of our So Hyunnie because she was able to bring Love Alarm to the top. If you will observe, LA was the 4th most watched out of 5 (in the top 10) k-drama series in Netflix Korea. Further, So Hyunnie is the only big name celebrity in the cast as compared to Kingdom (JJH, BD, RSR), Crash Landing On You (HB, SYJ), When Camelia Blooms (GYJ, KHN) and Vagabond (LSG, BS). So, her ability to carry a drama by herself only means a bright future for her hallyu career.

That’s really great :)

2 hours ago, totoro_mei said:

Now only new drama needed.

Maybe she will announce next project next month After she finish up with love Alarm 2, because even if she announces earlier it doesn’t change the fact that she won’t start filming until after love alarm 2 is done anyways haha That’s what I’m hoping. Announcing a new project on her birthday month would be perfect :D

2 hours ago, Erick Miranda said:

True. I can't wait for her new drama after LAS2. Also hoping that LAS2 will reach or exceed LAS1 achievement. Hope it will also make Netflix's top 10 shows this 2020.

I have no doubt it will top love alarm season 1 :) 

• Like 1

I don't know if you are you aware of https://www.kdramapal.com/ , a website dedicated on studying k-drama tv ratings, buzz rankings and among others. Recently, I made a subscription with them to see the top 100 k-dramas from 2017 to 2019. Upon checking, I observed that all of So Hyunnie's dramas which were aired around that time all made to the list. I just don't know how to paste the image, but here are the actual ranks of So Hyunnie's dramas. Ruler is truly a domestic tv rating winner. I guess the factor that helped it reached a high tv ratings is the combined star power of KSH and YSH because we all know that among KSH dramas it has the worst story-telling and made waste of KSH's talent.

77 Radio Romance
Average Rating (%) 4.1
Peak Rating (%) 5.8

Sum (%) 9.9

56 The Tale of Nokdu
Average Rating (%) 6.2
Peak Rating (%) 8.3

Sum (%) 14.5

10 the Mask

Average Rating (%) 12.4
Peak Rating (%) 14.9

Sum (%) 27.3

The only historical series in the top 10, this drama tells the story of a Joseon crown prince, played by Yoo Seung-ho (My Strange Hero), who fights against a powerful organization that has accumulated wealth by monopolizing the water supply all over Joseon. It's a bumpy ride with some ups and downs but overall the story was good.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Breeze said:

Hong Kong newspaper introduced Sohyun as a child actress and grow well

This is not something new anymore. For the past years, Park Shin Hye, Kim So Hyun, Kim Yoo Jung, Yeo Jin Goo and Yeo Seung Ho are consistently ranked as the top grown up child actors/actresses of Korea.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, elan1 said:

Maybe she will announce next project next month After she finish up with love Alarm 2, because even if she announces earlier it doesn’t change the fact that she won’t start filming until after love alarm 2 is done anyways haha That’s what I’m hoping. Announcing a new project on her birthday month would be perfect :D

Me also new drama 2020 only. Wait till 2021 too far.

• Like 1

Complete ranking of Korean dramas in 2016 based on viewer ratings

25b46053f6032857ad4eef8af7bad426?s=20&d=mm&r=g gdhunter   February 6, 2017

It’s time to say goodbye to the exhausting post series that is Dramatop: Korean Drama Rankings 2016. The goal of Dramatop is simple and easy to achieve (although data gathering and ensuring their accuracy is tiring), and that is to rank Korean dramas based on their nationwide average TV ratings from Nielsen Korea. Fifty kdramas (29 free-to-air and 21 cable dramas) are included in 2016 ranking and of course, Dramatop will not be able to complete its mission until the complete ranking is released. So, here it is!

1. Goblin (12.81%)
  2. Signal (8.82%)
  3. Oh Hae Young Again (6.88%)
  4. Cheese in the Trap (5.96%)
  5. Dear My Friends (5.07%)
  6. The K2 (4.86%)
  7. The Good Wife (4.67%)
  8. Drinking Solo (3.56%)
  9. Let’s Fight Ghost (3.39%) :heart::heart::heart:
  10. 38 Task Force (3.34%)
  11. Memory (2.92%)
  12. My Wife’s Having an Affair this Week (2.82%)
  13. Cinderella and Four Knights (2.76%)
  14. Rude Miss Young Ae Season 15 (2.60%)
  15. Fantastic (2.36%)
  16. Mirror of the Witch (2.34%)
  17. Ms. Temper and Nam Jung-gi (2.24%)
  18. Pied Piper (2.14%)
  19. Age of Youth (1.33%)
  20. Entourage (1.00%)
  21. Madame Antoine (0.71%)
  • Like 1

Never thought Let's Fight Ghost will make it to the top 10 cable dramas of 2016. It is one of my fave dramas of So Hyun besides School 2015 and Love Alarm. Further, I really ship Hyun Ji and Bong Pal. What is worst is I also ship So Hyun Taecyeon despite of the age gap (please forgive me, hehehehe)

• Like 1