✪ Kim So Hyun 김소현 ✪ [Drama 2023: My Lovely Liar], [Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy]

faye406

3 hours ago, Breeze said:
Someone posted a selca with Kim Sohyun today at one of Hair Salon myb to do her extension! and Sso also gave him her sign! omg so lucky!!
"Kim Sohyun's look in real life couldn't capture in this pic (she wore extensions). Her personality is rly good, she even joked around."

She’s so pretty :wub: she sounds like a fun person to be around. 

• Love 1

10 hours ago, elan1 said:

KES kind of let me down with Eternal Monarch but yes she rarely strikes out! The writing and directing is atrocious. At first when I heard the project was announced I hoped she would be cast in it, I’m now glad she wasn’t :lol:

I would love to see a reunion with writer Park Hye Ryun, I love all her projects. I want her to finally be the main star of one of her series, 16 episodes unlike Page Turner. 

PJE would be great! I love Crash Landing On You! 

The writer of WWW Search would be amazing too! Sohyun expressed her love for that drama. 

Or even reunite with tales of nokdu and school 2015 writer for a third time :D

I always trust KES' writing. I guess the problem with The King is the directing. I don't know the reason why they changed the person who directed DOTS, Goblin and Mr. Sunshine. Nevertheless, I don't see So Hyun fit for the FL role. Her age is not appropriate for that role. I hope KES writes again a drama same with The Heirs coz So Hyunnie will totally excel in that kind of genre.

As to PHR, well, you are right. Most of her dramas are totally lit except for WYWS. I always feel like her reunion with So Hyunnie will happen soonest coz we all know that our girl is one of her all-time faves. 

With regards to PJE, I also hope that she will do a teen romance drama so So Hyunnie will also be a viable candidate for FL. 

Finally, as to the writer of School 2015 and TTON, I don't want So Hyun to be reunited with him/her. His/her writing has a lot of plot holes. It's the actors and directors who make the drama a success. So, it's a NO for me. 

• Insightful 1

2 hours ago, Erick Miranda said:

always trust KES' writing. I guess the problem with The King is the directing. I don't know the reason why they changed the person who directed DOTS, Goblin and Mr. Sunshine. Nevertheless, I don't see So Hyun fit for the FL role. Her age is not appropriate for that role. I hope KES writes again a drama same with The Heirs coz So Hyunnie will totally excel in that kind of genre.

As to PHR, well, you are right. Most of her dramas are totally lit except for WYWS. I always feel like her reunion with So Hyunnie will happen soonest coz we all know that our girl is one of her all-time faves. 

With regards to PJE, I also hope that she will do a teen romance drama so So Hyunnie will also be a viable candidate for FL. 

Finally, as to the writer of School 2015 and TTON, I don't want So Hyun to be reunited with him/her. His/her writing has a lot of plot holes. It's the actors and directors who make the drama a success. So, it's a NO for me. 

She doesn’t work alone, she has a writers room with assistants. I noticed something was off because the writer for WWW search and the writer for Inside Beauty both worked under her but now they left and are now bonafide head writers themselves. Their dramas are well-written. For me,  Eternal Monarch doesnt feel like her typical drama because most of the humor falls flat. Every KES drama, there’s so many well executed comedy scenes, but there werent much here this time. I’m not completely blaming writer kes but maybe her new assistants aren’t as talented? :sweatingbullets:

I hope sohyun will make a guest appearance in her latest drama this year :D

I don’t remember any/much plot holes in school 2015 and tales of nokdu? :ph34r:

im disappointed she didn’t end up the second male lead in school 2015 obviously. I thought tales of nokdu was near perfect? ^_^ I enjoyed it from beginning to end. I thought they utilized each character well and I liked how they never wasted anything that was introduced like the baby chicks lol That swing scene was one of my favorite kdrama scenes of all time :wub:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, elan1 said:

She doesn’t work alone, she has a writers room with assistants. I noticed something was off because the writer for WWW search and the writer for Inside Beauty both worked under her but now they left and are now bonafide head writers themselves. Their dramas are well-written. For me,  Eternal Monarch doesnt feel like her typical drama because most of the humor falls flat. Every KES drama, there’s so many well executed comedy scenes, but there werent much here this time. I’m not completely blaming writer kes but maybe her new assistants aren’t as talented? :sweatingbullets:

I hope sohyun will make a guest appearance in her latest drama this year :D

I don’t remember any/much plot holes in school 2015 and tales of nokdu? :ph34r:

im disappointed she didn’t end up the second male lead in school 2015 obviously. I thought tales of nokdu was near perfect? ^_^ I enjoyed it from beginning to end. I thought they utilized each character well and I liked how they never wasted anything that was introduced like the baby chicks lol That swing scene was one of my favorite kdrama scenes of all time :wub:

Well, if the execution is flat, it is the direction to be blamed not the writing. So, I won't be surprised if KES will change her director for her next drama coz TKEM is flopping big time. 

As to School 2015 and TTON, we all know that these dramas had only average ratings in Korea but big internationally particularly School 2015. I have read that one of the reasons why it performed moderately because of the writing. So, for So Hyunnie to hit mega popularity, she needs to work with top writers such as KES, PHR and PJE. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

The cute reason why actress Kim Sohyun has almost 7K following Sohyun communicates with fans by revealing her daily life through her instagram account. In her everyday photos, she did various poses that melted the hearts of men like smiling brightly

towards the camera or bringing her hand next to her face. Kim Sohyun who records an exceptionally large number of following attracted the attention of Netizens. Usually, a celebrity official instagram account only follows accounts related to acquaintances or affiliates.

But Kim Sohyun's instagram following as of 4th May, 3pm has 6855 followers which surprised Netizens A Kim Sohyun fan posted on online community, "When Kim Sohyun first started using instagram, when there were comments asking for followbacks,she would really follow them back"

And followed by a few replies with one of of them saying, "You're right. I was like that too, asking Kim Sohyun to follow back." It seems that when Kim Sohyun first open up her Instagram account, she accepted fans' followback request to communicate with her fans.

Upon hearing the news the netizens responded with various reactions like, 'That's really cute' and 'I think she really value her fans' Meanwhile, Kim Sohyun has started filming for Netflix original series, 'Love Alarm Season 2'

Transled by wowhellosohyun twitter

https://www.insight.co.kr/news/282193

78zfVV9K?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 1

On 5/3/2020 at 3:39 PM, Erick Miranda said:

Off-topic, how I wish our So Hyunnie snatched another breakout drama like School 2015. We all know how that drama made a big impact in her career, endorsements-wise. Due to School 2015, our So Hyunnie booked the following endorsment deals:

Pocari Sweat

Peripera

Samsung Securities

Elite Uniform

Soup

Domino's Pizza

Pelicana Chicken

Skono

Post Honey Oz Cereal

G-Market

Hanyul

LA and TTON kind of made an impact because our So Hyunnie is blessed with a deal with Bausch & Lomb and Samsung Bixby Celeb Alarm. 

Nevertheless, I am praying that our So Hyunnie will hit a mega hallyu hit drama. Let's hope that KES and PJE will offer her female leading roles in their dramas at the soonest possible time.

She deserves more and more!

• Like 1

On 5/3/2020 at 7:03 PM, elan1 said:

KES kind of let me down with Eternal Monarch but yes she rarely strikes out! The writing and directing is atrocious. At first when I heard the project was announced I hoped she would be cast in it, I’m now glad she wasn’t :lol:

I would love to see a reunion with writer Park Hye Ryun, I love all her projects. I want her to finally be the main star of one of her series, 16 episodes unlike Page Turner. 

PJE would be great! I love Crash Landing On You! 

The writer of WWW Search would be amazing too! Sohyun expressed her love for that drama. 

Or even reunite with tales of nokdu and school 2015 writer for a third time :D

Hail phr is the best writer just need their reunion!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Erick Miranda said:

Well, if the execution is flat, it is the direction to be blamed not the writing. So, I won't be surprised if KES will change her director for her next drama coz TKEM is flopping big time. 

As to School 2015 and TTON, we all know that these dramas had only average ratings in Korea but big internationally particularly School 2015. I have read that one of the reasons why it performed moderately because of the writing. So, for So Hyunnie to hit mega popularity, she needs to work with top writers such as KES, PHR and PJE. 

Haha I think we are going to have to agree to disagree because even netizens from Korea are dissing KES left and write. The characters are written poorly and the dialogue felt like it came from a fan fiction/waddpad story. The romance is unbelievably illogical and no build-up. Proposing marriage on episode 2 made me roll my eyes until it almost fell out of its socket and that random dead fish kiss on episode 5 gave me second hand embarrassment :P I love the majority of the cast in the drama but they can’t do much with poor material, ‘I’ll behead you, you can’t leave, you are the number zero...” I agree the director is so awful as well :lol:

I would personally love Sohyun to be mega popular but I really love the writer from School 2015 and TTON. School 2015 may have done average in ratings but it was responsible for launching her career to an entire new level. Both roles hold a fond spot in my heart. Both female characters are strong and independent. I honestly care more about the quality of the show over the ratings. Even if sohyun never has a super hit international show, but as long as she still keeps releasing ‘in my opinion’ top- quality performances as she has done in those two roles, I’ll be happy forever as a fan :) 

2 hours ago, Doldo said:

Hail phr is the best writer just need their reunion!

I can hear your voice introduced me to Sohyun :wub:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, elan1 said:

Haha I think we are going to have to agree to disagree because even netizens from Korea are dissing KES left and write. The characters are written poorly and the dialogue felt like it came from a fan fiction/waddpad story. The romance is unbelievably illogical and no build-up. Proposing marriage on episode 2 made me roll my eyes until it almost fell out of its socket and that random dead fish kiss on episode 5 gave me second hand embarrassment :P I love the majority of the cast in the drama but they can’t do much with poor material, ‘I’ll behead you, you can’t leave, you are the number zero...” I agree the director is so awful as well :lol:

I would personally love Sohyun to be mega popular but I really love the writer from School 2015 and TTON. School 2015 may have done average in ratings but it was responsible for launching her career to an entire new level. Both roles hold a fond spot in my heart. Both female characters are strong and independent. I honestly care more about the quality of the show over the ratings. Even if sohyun never has a super hit international show, but as long as she still keeps releasing ‘in my opinion’ top- quality performances as she has done in those two roles, I’ll be happy forever as a fan :) 

I can hear your voice introduced me to Sohyun :wub:

As a fan of So Hyunnie, I guess it is about time she snatched a mega popular drama/movie for the betterment of her resume. At the end of the day, acting is her job. So to attract tons of money, she needs to prove that she has that ability to command people by bringing in high ratings and high ticket sales. If we are talking about real hits, I guess the only dramas which will qualify to that aspect are LA, LFG, and Ruler. 

• Insightful 1

18 hours ago, Erick Miranda said:

As a fan of So Hyunnie, I guess it is about time she snatched a mega popular drama/movie for the betterment of her resume. At the end of the day, acting is her job. So to attract tons of money, she needs to prove that she has that ability to command people by bringing in high ratings and high ticket sales. If we are talking about real hits, I guess the only dramas which will qualify to that aspect are LA, LFG, and Ruler. 

It’s really hard to choose projects in general unless you’re a fortune teller. Even the most successful writers will have flops and bombs in their career :P

i agree acting is a job at the end of the day but to her, she just loves acting in general, she’s one of the few people I noticed that consistently expresses her love in acting. I rather she pick roles that makes her happy and resonate with her and that challenges her craft and stretches her comfort zone. And maybe one day she will be lucky and it will be a major hit. No one imagined love alarm to be so well received.

I personally think she will one day come across a role that will be super well-received in every possible manner. 

the thing that worries me is that most actors after coming off of a super huge successful project(s) in the same year would take a one or two year or more break from acting. I don’t know why but that’s the pattern :lol:

example=
*Gong Yoo- took two year break after his stellar 2016 hits including Goblin

*Kim Go Eun- two year years after Goblin 
*Love in the Moonlight Main Leads both took two years off

*song joong ki took a year off before making a movie and took three years off for dramas after descendants 

*Song Hye Kyo took two years off

*Hyun Bin decided to focus more on movies after Secret Garden but he took a five year break from dramas(granted two years are due to military service)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, elan1 said:

It’s really hard to choose projects in general unless you’re a fortune teller. Even the most successful writers will have flops and bombs in their career :P

i agree acting is a job at the end of the day but to her, she just loves acting in general, she’s one of the few people I noticed that consistently expresses her love in acting. I rather she pick roles that makes her happy and resonate with her and that challenges her craft and stretches her comfort zone. And maybe one day she will be lucky and it will be a major hit. No one imagined love alarm to be so well received.

I personally think she will one day come across a role that will be super well-received in every possible manner. 

the thing that worries me is that most actors after coming off of a super huge successful project(s) in the same year would take a one or two year or more break from acting. I don’t know why but that’s the pattern :lol:

example=

*song joong ki took a year off before making a movie and took three years off for dramas after descendants 

*Hyun Bin decided to focus more on movies after Secret Garden but he took a five year break from dramas(granted two years are due to military service)

Well, it's about time KSH snatched a big hallyu hit drama. Based on the hit classification of her dramas, she has no mega hit as of this date. LA is only moderate hit while LFG and Ruler are small hits. Nevertheless, with the guidance of Kakao M, it seems like KSH is showered with good projects. Her 2019 is one of the best years of her career in terms of drama choices. Both LA and TTON were both success in terms of ratings, buzz and acclaim. So, I hope that first mega hallyu hit drama will come soonest. And I also hope that she will enjoy a fair share of popularity with the male lead coz we all know that male leads of mega hit dramas always take all the credits while the female lead receives only a pat on the back. Just take a look what happened to LITM, people credited all the drama's success to PBG while KYJ enjoyed only a little boost in popularity overseas. So, I really do hope the best for So Hyunnie. Hope Kakao M has some bright plan for her. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

11 hours ago, elan1 said:

example=

Me also agrees. Good role more important because Sohyun is good actor not need to be hallyu actor always. Good performance show more and have bigger fans. Not always good drama will have ratings. 

• Like 2