✪ Kim So Hyun 김소현 ✪ [Drama 2023: My Lovely Liar], [Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy]

faye406

Love-Alarm-Season-2-The-Buzz-Paper-1-696

-

May 14, 2020

Modified date: May 14, 2020

‘Love Alarm: Season 2’ What Are The Updates? Has Netflix Allowed Season 2?

Love Alarm is the first Korean drama which is produced by Netflix. Obviously by this fact, one could imagine the potential of greatness in this teen drama. Season 1 of Love Alarm was released in August last year.

And very soon after its release, it became of the most popular show on Netflix. In short, Love Alarm was a huge commercial success. And critically, many reputed magazines and critics have given this teen drama positive review. Now everyone is speculating about Season 2 of this Korean drama.

Here is everything you need to know about the possibility of Season 2 of Love Alarm.

Has Netflix Renewed Love Alarm For Season 2?

Initially, the director of Love Alarm has said in an interview that the future of this web series is depending upon the success of Season 1. And as we already know that the debut season was very successful. So, the good is that Netflix has renewed Love Alarm for Season 2.

Not only that but there there are visible movements also regarding the filming and production of Season 2 as in February this year the script of the upcoming season was read and discussed.

Will There Be New Characters In Love Alarm’s Season 2?

In Season 1, we saw that the drama had only three main characters and rest of the cast were in supporting role. So, it is possible that in Season 2 of Love Alarm, the creators could include a new and significant character to make the plot more interesting.

But so far the trio combination of Kim So-Hyun, Song Kang and Jung Ga-ram has been very effective and maybe the creators would not disturb the chemistry of them unnecessarily. And this undisturbed cast is the most likely scenario as the drama is an adaptation of a webtoon by Chon Kye-young, so originally it may not have any new character.

Stay tuned with The Buzz Paper for all the latest updates.

• Like 1

My God I just have to make this account to ask why is Kim Sohyun still underrated? I expected more after Love Alarm became popular but nothing. Not even one endorsement. Even as a fan I'm sad and mad at Et story. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Palette45 said:

My God I just have to make this account to ask why is Kim Sohyun still underrated? I expected more after Love Alarm became popular but nothing. Not even one endorsement. Even as a fan I'm sad and mad at Et story. 

I guess she is underrated if you will compare her to the likes of Suzy, IU and PSH but if you see her peers' activities, you will say that So Hyun is one of the busiest and well, overrated. It is such a matter of time that she will be one of the big leagues. Just trust the process and be patient.

• Insightful 2

43 minutes ago, Palette45 said:

She only managed to snatch one endorsement deal with Bausch and Lomb. I guess it is Song Kang who is more catapulted by LA. He has a lot of magazine shoots and drama castings these days. Nevertheless, I don't mind if KSH appears in a lot of CF or not because there are likes of SYJ and SHK who don't do so much CFs but are high value and mega popular celebrities.

As to LA's popularity, I guess it is not as big as Kingdom in South Korea. It's popularity is bigger overseas, same or lesser level popular as Kingdom.

• Like 1

'Love Alarm Season 2' Spoilers: Netflix Show To Feature More Mature Romance In Next Installment

Kim So Hyun Kim So Hyun suggests future direction of Love Alarm if series gets picked up by Netflix for Season 2. (Photo: 와사비콘텐츠 [CC BY 2.0 kr (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/kr/deed.en)] | Cropped)

After Netflix greenlighted Love Alarm for a second season, fans have been wondering what will happen to the three lead characters Jojo (Kim So Hyun), Hwang Sun Oh (Song Kang), and Lee Hye Young (Jung Ga Ram). Luckily, actor Song Kang recently teased what will happen in the upcoming installment.

In a recent interview with Star Magazine, Song Kang shared that after Netflix announced Love Alarm season 2, the cast has already started filming the continuation of the high school drama.

He said that filming has been keeping him busy for the most part. He also teased a change in the tone for Love Alarm Season 2. 

"While we showed viewers sad, youthful love in Season 1, I think that all the characters will be showing viewers more mature romance in Season 2," he said.

It can be recalled that Love Alarm became quite a hit when it was released by Netflix in August 2019 with fans clamoring for a second season immediately after binging on Season 1. Fans were frustrated by the cliffhanger ending which hinted that Jojo's choice could go either way between Sun Oh, the guy she likes, and Hye Young, the guy who loves her.

Love Alarm Season 1 revolves around the concept of an app that alerts users if someone within a 10-meter radius. Song Kang plays the role of Sun Oh, the popular guy who is the center of affection of multiple girls while Jung Ga Ram plays Hye Young, the guy who secretly harbors a crush on Jojo.

At the end of the first season, the developers of the app were about to reveal a new feature that enables users to predict whether an individual will fall for then or not. The final episode showed Jojo running into Sun Oh and his girlfriend at the Love Alarm 2.0 event where Hye Young also rushes to find Jojo, Hello Kpop reported.

Fans have marveled at the chemistry generated by Kim So Hyun with her two co-stars, leading fans to be divided over which couple to ship in the series. Some were rooting for Sun Oh while some were hoping that Jojo would eventually end up with Hye Young.

Actors from the show have also been quite busy with their schedules apart from filming Love Alarm Season 2.

Song Kang has been tapped to star in the drama adaptation of thriller webtoon Sweet Home where he will be working with Goblin director Lee Eun Bok.

"The director told me that I seemed like Hyun Soo, the main character [of 'Sweet Home'], during my audition. It was an amazing opportunity to work together with a famous director, and I learned a lot," he said.

Meanwhile, Kim So Hyun recently concluded her hit saeguk drama The Tale of Nokdu opposite Jang Dong Yun. The series was also based on a popular webcomic.

• Like 1

Love Alarm Season 2: Cast, Plot, and All The Updates You Need to Know

THURSDAY, 14 MAY 2020, 10:40 EDT

Modified date: Thursday, 14 May 2020, 10:40 EDT

Love alarm is a South Korean drama web series. The high school romance is based on the webtoon by chon kye-young. It tells the story of three young people and an app called love alarm. Turning on the app, it allows users to know who within a 10-meter radius has feelings for you. And the story revolves around two childhood friends when this app causes some trouble between them because both of them fall for the same girl.

Season 1 was released on 22 August 2019 with eight episodes and was able to receive great ratings by the audience.

Netflix has produced movies and TV shows in all genres and now it has also started to produce Korean content with original series and movies. Love alarm was a commercial success and also ranked as one of Netflix’s top releases in 2019. Considering its huge success, it announced the release of its season 2.

Love Alarm season 2 cast

Love alarm season 2 will be starring its main cast as well as supporting roles. Kim Jojo (played by Kim so Hyun), Lee Hye Young ( played by Jung Ga Ram), Hwang Sun Oh ( played by Song Kang).

And for supporting roles, we can expect park Gul Mi ( Jojo’s cousin) and yook Jo (Sun oh’s girlfriend) played by Go Min Shi and Kim Shi Eun respectively.

Other celebrities we can expect in supporting roles include- Z. Hera, shin Seung-ho (II-sik), song Geon-hee ( Marx), Choi Joo-won (sun-oh’s classmate). All these characters are expected to be back in season 2.

Love Alarm Season 2 Plot

Love alarm season 1 was a super and commercial hit and after season 1 audience is already waiting for season 2.

Love alarm is a Netflix original romantic as well as comedy series and it is based on high school romance and is a full South Korean series. The storyline revolves around an app and three young people – Kim Jojo, Lee Hye Young, and Hwang sun oh. when the developer launches an app that tells the user if someone within a 10-meter radius has romantic feelings for them.

This brings some trouble in Jojo’s life when both the best friends- Lee Hye Young and Hwang sun oh fall for her and she finds her caught in a love triangle.

Release date of Love Alarm season 2 

Netflix has confirmed the release of season 2 but the official date is yet to be announced. But it will be released soon sometime in 2020. Until then You can stream Season 1 only on Netflix.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Erick Miranda said:

She only managed to snatch one endorsement deal with Bausch and Lomb. I guess it is Song Kang who is more catapulted by LA. He has a lot of magazine shoots and drama castings these days. Nevertheless, I don't mind if KSH appears in a lot of CF or not because there are likes of SYJ and SHK who don't do so much CFs but are high value and mega popular celebrities.

As to LA's popularity, I guess it is not as big as Kingdom in South Korea. It's popularity is bigger overseas, same or lesser level popular as Kingdom.

Her endorsement with the contact lens was long before Love Alarm aired. She didn't gain anything after the drama aired or even after Tale of Nokdu. Your right about Son Yejin but wrong about Song Hyekyo who has always been loaded with endorsements. She was even called a 'Cf Queen' many times. I'm not okay with they way Et story had been handling her. They've let too many opportunities pass by and if her next drama isn't good she might lose whatever popularity she gained from Love Alarm.

• Insightful 1

7 minutes ago, Palette45 said:

Her Pocari days were the best. I was sad when she didn't renew with them. 2015 was the best year. 

Pocari is notorious for not renewing contracts. However, based on their history, there are only two celebs who were able to have their contracts renewed. And they are Son Ye Jin and Kim So Hyun. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Palette45 said:

Her endorsement with the contact lens was long before Love Alarm aired. She didn't gain anything after the drama aired or even after Tale of Nokdu. Your right about Son Yejin but wrong about Song Hyekyo who has always been loaded with endorsements. She was even called a 'Cf Queen' many times. I'm not okay with they way Et story had been handling her. They've let too many opportunities pass by and if her next drama isn't good she might lose whatever popularity she gained from Love Alarm.

Well, E&T is a one-man agency and managed by KSH's mother and manager. So, I don't know if it is their decision to keep So Hyun from the limelight for a while coz she is also busy with her studies. I think she will be more active after she finish her studies. 

As to CFs, I think So Hyun has quite a lot of CFs per endorsements particularly her Soup, Bausch and Lomb and Hanyul deals. In other words, she has a minimal number of endorsements but the number of CFs done per endorsment is high, which is like SHK. She only hand picks her endorsements unlike JJH who takes various endorsements. 

Lastly, the number of her endorsements is same as KYJ. So, I guess she is extremely doing well as compared with her peers. Not to mention that she is doing it by doing school at the same time. 

14 minutes ago, Erick Miranda said:

Pocari is notorious for not renewing contracts. However, based on their history, there are only two celebs who were able to have their contracts renewed. And they are Son Ye Jin and Kim So Hyun. 

Twice as well actually and Son Yejin signed with two times. I expected Kim Sohyun would get another contract with after her popularity boost but no didn't happen. 

7 minutes ago, Erick Miranda said:

Well, E&T is a one-man agency and managed by KSH's mother and manager. So, I don't know if it is their decision to keep So Hyun from the limelight for a while coz she is also busy with her studies. I think she will be more active after she finish her studies. 

As to CFs, I think So Hyun has quite a lot of CFs per endorsements particularly her Soup, Bausch and Lomb and Hanyul deals. In other words, she has a minimal number of endorsements but the number of CFs done per endorsment is high, which is like SHK. She only hand picks her endorsements unlike JJH who takes various endorsements. 

Lastly, the number of her endorsements is same as KYJ. So, I guess she is extremely doing well as compared with her peers. Not to mention that she is doing it by doing school at the same time. 

I think at her level Kim Sohyun could do a lot better and like you said she only has 3 endorsements while even new actors like Shin Yeun who is just a year older has 4-5 endorsements despite debuting only 2 years ago. I'm not bashing but the competition is only getting bigger and tougher and if Moon Geungyoon can be forgotten despite winning a daesang at 21 I'm worried for Kim Sohyun and her lack of promotions. She hasn't had single chungmroo offer since 2015 and the reason for Son Yejin being as popular as she is because of her chungmroo status even when her dramas flop or under perform. 

It worries me that Kim Sohyun could esentially fade out before ever reaching her full potential due to bad artist management. Et story should take tips from Soop and BH on how to manage artists. They have the advantage of being under the same parent company but they don't use it. 

27 minutes ago, Palette45 said:

I think at her level Kim Sohyun could do a lot better and like you said she only has 3 endorsements while even new actors like Shin Yeun who is just a year older has 4-5 endorsements despite debuting only 2 years ago. I'm not bashing but the competition is only getting bigger and tougher and if Moon Geungyoon can be forgotten despite winning a daesang at 21 I'm worried for Kim Sohyun and her lack of promotions. She hasn't had single chungmroo offer since 2015 and the reason for Son Yejin being as popular as she is because of her chungmroo status even when her dramas flop or under perform. 

Well, don't be so negative about So Hyun.  With or without promotions, she will continue to flourish as an actress coz she has the biggest following overseas over her peers, something MGY failed to achieved. In fact, the past year had been so busy for So Hyun, she did 2 dramas and tons of CFs. So, I am confident that she is doing well and her agency knows what they are doing. Further, as far as I know, So Hyun is the one who decides for her career coz she is the one who owns her agency. So, we have to just trust her decisions coz girl it is hard to balance work and studies at the same time. Let's just hope that there is something big success coming to our girl in this time of uncertainty. 

Lastly, she got 4 endorsements namely Hanyul, Soup, Bausch and Lomb and Samsung Celeb Alarm. And they are all good for long-term save for Samsung Celeb Alarm (I guess?). Nevertheless, all her endorsments are extremely doing well in terms of sales and said success is largely attributable to So Hyun's star power. That's why she was awarded as a Trend Icon for Brand Loyalty Awards. 

• Insightful 2

24 minutes ago, Palette45 said:

It worries me that Kim Sohyun could esentially fade out before ever reaching her full potential due to bad artist management. Et story should take tips from Soop and BH on how to manage artists. They have the advantage of being under the same parent company but they don't use it. 

She will not fade easily because she has the advantage of having the biggest following among her peers, something MGY failed to achieved because she is barely known by international audience. 

• Insightful 1

3 hours ago, Palette45 said:

welcome to the fan club palette45, hope to see you more here, it can get lonely sometimes since the number here on her forum is small and it’s always great to have more perspectives :wub:

I agree with Erick with many things that he expressed. 

I think instead of underrated, I think she’s more of under-appreciated for her talents. 

—even so she has one of the biggest resumes of any korean actor and many of her roles aren’t even being an extra or super minor characters, almost every role has significant screen time and impact. She probably has more leading roles dramas than all of her peers and even those that are way older than her. 

—tbh I don’t really care at all about number of endorsements she has because many big celebs would just focus on those things instead of acting and they take long breaks (it’s known you make more money in endorsements than you would in acting projects, generally) I rather she just keep focusing on her acting career! 

—there’s still lots of time for her to announce a new drama project to come out this year!  I believe love alarm 2 filming will be done in about two weeks. :)

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, elan1 said:

welcome to the fan club palette45, hope to see you more here, it can get lonely sometimes since the number here on her forum is small and it’s always great to have more perspectives :wub:

I think instead of underrated, I think she’s more of under-appreciated for her talents. 

—even so she has one of the biggest resumes of any korean actor and many of her roles aren’t even being an extra or super minor characters, almost every role has significant screen time and impact. She probably has more leading roles dramas than all of her peers and even those that are way older than her. 

—tbh I don’t really care at all about number of endorsements she has because many big celebs would just focus on those things instead of acting and they take long breaks (it’s known you make more money in endorsements than you would in acting projects, generally) I rather she just keep focusing on her acting career! 

—there’s still lots of time for her to announce a new drama project to come out this year!  I believe love alarm 2 filming will be done in about two weeks. :)

Well, I guess the reason why she is considered underrated is because people think that she is at the level of popularity of PSH, PBY, BS, IU and other mid and late 20s actresses. People don't see her as someone competing against her peers because they think she is miles above them. And I think it is a big advantage for So Hyun because people perceive her as someone who is of higher status than her peers. Even myself, I see her as someone vying for roles against mid and late 20s actresses. 

• Insightful 2

3 hours ago, Erick Miranda said:

Well, don't be so negative about So Hyun.  With or without promotions, she will continue to flourish as an actress coz she has the biggest following overseas over her peers, something MGY failed to achieved. In fact, the past year had been so busy for So Hyun, she did 2 dramas and tons of CFs. So, I am confident that she is doing well and her agency knows what they are doing. Further, as far as I know, So Hyun is the one who decides for her career coz she is the one who owns her agency. So, we have to just trust her decisions coz girl it is hard to balance work and studies at the same time. Let's just hope that there is something big success coming to our girl in this time of uncertainty. 

Lastly, she got 4 endorsements namely Hanyul, Soup, Bausch and Lomb and Samsung Celeb Alarm. And they are all good for long-term save for Samsung Celeb Alarm (I guess?). Nevertheless, all her endorsments are extremely doing well in terms of sales and said success is largely attributable to So Hyun's star power. That's why she was awarded as a Trend Icon for Brand Loyalty Awards. 

Wasn't aiming to be negative I just worry about her not getting the right breaks and promotions. Popularity can be fleeting and so many actors and actresses have disappeared despite being very popular at one time it worries me. Kim Sohyun still has much to show and do in her career it shouldn't get cut short by bad management. I want her to get those A list dramas and movies with good scripts but at the same time she is too young for those roles like Camellia which she would be great at. In the meantime she should at least get the right exposure and promotions in endorsements and magazines. 

• Insightful 1

2 hours ago, elan1 said:

Thanks for the welcome. Didn't plan to post but it feels like Kim Sohyun might not end up in a drama this year because a lot of dramas airing in October and November already announced casting and some even started to film so I was feeling dejected. The follow up to Love Alarm by Et story could been handled better. I'm happy for Song Kang but I don't understand why Kim Sohyun hasn't gotten the same opportunities and exposure. I also agree about her being under appreciated which is even more sad because she has a long resume and a lot of variety in her roles but she never seems to get the right dues for her hard work. I'm hoping the best for her next work something that is worth a Baeksang nomination. I understand your point about endorsements but I still feel she could have more than she does now because her selling power is strong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Palette45 said:

Wasn't aiming to be negative I just worry about her not getting the right breaks and promotions. Popularity can be fleeting and so many actors and actresses have disappeared despite being very popular at one time it worries me. Kim Sohyun still has much to show and do in her career it shouldn't get cut short by bad management. I want her to get those A list dramas and movies with good scripts but at the same time she is too young for those roles like Camellia which she would be great at. In the meantime she should at least get the right exposure and promotions in endorsements and magazines. 

Well, that worry will bring no good. Let us stop making issues about everything. She's not anymore the 16-year who works nonstop, appears in a lot of dramas, shoot a lot of CFs. She's already graduated from her breakout phase. She is now at the phase of becoming a top leading lady which will be achieved if she consistently takes successful roles and projects (which I think is happening after the back to back success of LA and TTON). 

As to what Song Kang is achieving right now, I guess it is just normal for rookies after starring in a hit drama to experience a surge in demand through drama offers and various appearances. It already happened to So Hyun when she starred in School 2015. That drama brought her to global stardom. It made her work nonstop during the 2015-2016 period. And we will not be able to discover if not to that drama. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1