[Drama 2013] Incarnation of Money 돈의 화신

Guest nozomikizumi

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are the last of the major translations out. The rest are minor characters. I have a clearer idea now what this show is about. Part of me is actually horrified as I avoided Giant like the plague because of this. I am a rom com sort of fan and 3 months of this---  ;;)
I don't know what this drama was meant to be originally but there are certainly a lot of lawyers around. The last law drama I worked on I died with the legal terms. So far I've sniffed out murder, amnesia, lost children, loan sharks, TWO mental institutions and conspiracies. Do I sense a theme here? 
6_1.jpgKim Soo Mi as Bok Hwa Sool-her early 60's, a loan shark, is Jae In's mother.
She was sold to a brothel at a young age due to poverty where she started her money lending business to the ladies in the house. Since then she's become very successful in the field, backed by a shrewd brain and sly heart.She's heartless when it come to money, but has a soft spot in her heart only to Jae In whom she raised alone as a single mom.One day, a boy was hit by her car and almost died. Once the boy recovered, but with the memory loss, she took him in, gave him a name, Lee Cha Don, and put him under her wings.
7_1.jpg
Park Gi Soon 박기순-in her mid 40's , is the biological mother of Lee Cha Don.She married a much older man, Lee Joong Man, hoping of living under his shelter. However, the reality was cruel. Her husband Lee Joong Man was not a family man, but a male chauvinistic player who cheated on her.As she lived drug-dependent life with her son as her only hope, her husband gets murdered. The police identified her as the murderer. She knew she was frame and tried to get out it, but she lost in touch with her son and ended up in a forensic psychiatric center.

Gwon Jae Gyu 권재규-in his mid 50's, Professor at the Judicial Research and Training Institue of the Supreme Court of Korea.He was a prosecutor on the murder case of Myeongdong real estate tycoon, Chairman Lee Joong Man. He accepted an undeniably attractive offer to cover the case from his college friend (junior) Ji Se Gwang.Once he was paid a lump sum of money from Eun Bi Ryeong who inherited Chairman Lee's large estate, he has been unstoppable.
Hwang Jang Sik 황장식-in his early 40 or 50's, is a partner at a law firm.He was Chairman Lee Joong Man's counsel (attorney) who was mistreated as Chairman Lee thought he was incompetent. He got involved in the murder case of Chairman Lee along with Ji Se Gwang. He tampered with Chairman Lee's will so Eun Bi Ryeong could inherit his fortune. He also contributed in framing Cha Don's mother (Park gi Soon) for the murder. After he was paid his share from late Chairman Lee's estate through Eun Bi Ryeong, he was unstoppable for a while.
Translated from http://wizard2.sbs.co.kr/sbsmoney/index.htmlCredit to the Incarnation of money team @ viki.com

Thank you for the translations, @ck10z. Guess we better prepare ourselves from
having a nose bleed from all those legal terminologies. 8-}    There are really a lot of seasoned actors that would play the part of lawyers and from what I've read some of them would be corrupt.

The "BokDon Couple" Kang Ji Hwan and Hwang Jung Eum from "Incarnation of Money".
credit: DC Kissgall

394851_473977295992646_1491023916_n.jpg

58207_473991215991254_1776160597_n.jpg

source: Incarnation of Money 돈의 화신 FB

Another picture of HJE as Bok Jae In. According to a news article, HJE had difficulty in going to the bathroom while wearing the "fat suit" during the filming of "Incarnation of Money". It takes 5 to 10 minutes to wear it so she avoided going to the bathroom by eating only one meal and not drinking water for the first time in three years. reference and photo credit: nate

421697_474012485989127_857791064_n.jpg

The other characters from "Incarnation of Money"

Go Ho
Mid-40's Broadcast Station Director of Reporting and Main Anchor for the News

Yang Gu Shik
Mid-40's Chief of Special Investigation Department

Jung Hae Ryeong
70-years-old Former Mayor of Seoul
Current President's mentor

Gu-won Hyuk
Mid-30's
Special Investigator of Seoul Central District Prosecutors' Office

Jo Sang Deuk
Mid-50's

Chief Prosecutor of Seoul Central District Prosecutors' Office
Kim Pal Do
Mid-40's Bok Hwa Sul's henchman

Lee Joong Man
60-years-old Lee Cha Don (however you spell Kang Ji Hwan's character's name)'s biological father

Jung Hae Ryeong
70-years-old
Former Mayor of Seoul Current President's mentor

Credit to the Incarnation of money team @ viki.com

Lee Byeong-joon, a corrupt prosecutor in “Incarnation of Money"

430084_474128095977566_1776526267_n.jpg

Lee Byeong-joon's agency announced on the 21st that the actor is starring in "Money Incarnation" as Jo Sang-deuk a corrupt chief prosecutor who is sponsored by one of the biggest private loaner ”

Lee Byeong-joon is well known for his impressive performance in  “Secret Garden”, “Bridal Mask”, “Faith” and “Jeon Woochi – Drama“. He is a typical corrupt prosecutor in this drama.

“Money Incarnation” is about the people who are enchanted by money and is going to be broadcasted for the first time on the 2nd. Kang Ji-hwan returns with it and other casts include, Hwang Jeong-eum, Kim Soo-mi, Park Sang-min and more.

Incarnation of Money’s teaser
by javabeans | January 25, 2013

Admittedly, the setup for Incarnation of Money sounded pretty cracked from the get-go: Heroine is the daughter of a loan shark and breaks hero out of a psychiatric hospital by pretending to be his wife. Hijinks, go! But given the pedigree of its producers (History of the Salaryman, Giant) and its leading cast (Kang Ji-hwan, Hwang Jung-eum), I was expecting that it would be the good kind of cracked. I didn’t know HOW, but I had faith.

The teaser’s out, and it’s reassuring — the drama seems to carry the same sweeping, dark dramatics of the director’s prior series and hints at fast pacing and a quirky story. The trailer below starts out with our hero (Kang Ji-hwan) narrating: “There’s nothing that money can’t accomplish. It’s just that I don’t have enough of it.”

Then we see him wearing a straitjacket and vowing, “I have to get revenge.” The heroine wishes, “I want to love.” Park Sang-min says in a villainous tone (he’s our villain, right?), “I have to climb even higher.” Back to the hero, who says, “To do so, I need to have [money] first.”

The drama, which began filming over the weekend, is set in the judicial sphere as its characters explore themes of corruption and ambition. Sounds vague I know, but it’ll be populated with crooked judges and prosecutors and people wielding money like it’s power (which it is)—which is what the hero seeks to do as well by amassing both. Presumably he’s the victim of some grave injustice and needs to get his revengin’ on, with money as his enabler. After enduring a series of hardships, he returns as a prosecutor on a trial term, leading to some clashes with his strong-willed colleagues at the prosecutor’s office.

I groan a little to see Hwang Jung-eum in a fat suit (dramaland loves to give its heroines maaaagical makeovers), though I guess it informs her character, who later slims down. Apparently the chubby version gets a kiss with our hero (and an action scene), which might explain why she’d go out of her way to help him later down the line.

Incarnation of Money follows weekend drama Alice in Cheongdam-dong and premieres February 2.

credit: dramabeans via ETV

'Incarnation of Money' - Greatness Bellow the Radar?
Posted by Orion Thursday, January 24, 2013

319755_478977035471846_746489145_n.jpg

A while ago I heard news of a new drama coming out this year, by the director and writers of 'Giant' and 'History of the Salaryman'. I heard the drama would be called 'Incarnation of Money' and star Kang Ji Hwan and Hwang Jeong Eum, with the addition of Park Sang Min and Yoon Yong Hyeon later. And that is all...

The international fan community and the major English-language news websites have mostly been silent about it. Insert the obvious question here. Why?

I am struggling to understand why any series by Yoo In Sik, Jang Yeong Cheol and Jung Kyeong Soon would seem to fly so low under the radar, especially when it's featuring such known actors and actresses. I would think that a team who has had two commercially successful, well-received and loved series would get more buzz about their latest project. Is it that this isn't being promoted domestically either, or have the English-speaking sites gotten lazy? And if this silence is domestic as well, why? I would hate to think Kang Ji Hwan's legal troubles are used as an excuse to not promote it and to not promote a series by people with such a track record is preposterous in general.

I hope SBS will treat this series well, because the release date is February 2nd and I'm still not seeing much effort to psych people up here. I know the ever awesome PD/writer trio can handle anything thrown at them, but I hope they are given room to be wonderful.

So, info here. The drama stars Kang Ji Hwan as someone who was apparently ruined by money. Money and how dirty it is being the central idea of this and given that the teaser sets a serious tone while this is being pegged as a comedy, we can expect more its-own-genre goodness. And frankly, good people, Yoo, Jang and Jung tackling the corruption of South Korea? With this cast? What's not to like, really? They've done it before, they've rocked at it, I'm sold.

I will snoop around for more images and information about it and post more things soon. There are a few behind the scenes videos on Youtube, but I avoid spoilery things, so go search for "돈의 화신" if you want to see them.

For now, here is a Facebook fanpage Incarnation of Money 돈의 화신 FB. Enjoy.

source: orion21.blogspot.com

Actress Hwang Jung Eum greets fans in special makeup and costume for her new role
by jennywill 1/26/2013

734347_474279445962431_1379300748_n.jpg

Hwang Jung Eum greeted fans while in character for her new drama, and revealed the inconveniences associated with going through a major transformation to play her new role.

The SBS official Twitter released an interview about the actress and Kang Ji Hwan‘s upcoming drama ‘Incarnation of Money‘. In the drama, Hwang Jung Eum plays a character for which she must undergo through special makeup and costume to get into the role.

Because of the tedious process, Hwang Jung Eum revealed that despite being excited about her project, there are some inconveniences associated with it. “When I change or want to go to the bathroom, it takes about 10 minutes. I have to take it all off and put it all back on. I just didn’t eat anything today. It’s my first time in 3 years.”

Kang Ji Hwan laughed and said, “Even though she has the special costume on, because she is Hwang Jung Eum she can pull off a lovely, cute character. She’s incredibly cute.” On their compatibility, he said, “I think we are the best couple in history. It’s really funny because we met for the first time and had a kiss scene when she had that costume. I like it and it’s pretty… I’m aiming for the Best Couple award.”

‘Incarnation of Money’ will start airing on February 2nd.

credit: allkpop

Hello Guys.....

now H-7 from the premiere. I'm still must catch up for all the news.....

btw, what is we called for ourself?

I see @pechipsky here. You're also from Missing You thread, right? On IMU, we called BOGOers....so, what is it on Incarnation of Money?

class="content-title" Hwang Jung Eum Wears the Fat Suit for the New Drama yw740030 January 26, 2013

602834_474702365920139_630101602_n.jpg

On January 25, the filming set for the SBS’s new drama “Incarnation of Money” was open to the public. “Incarnation of Money” is to be a legal-romance drama and will tell a story involving a loan shark’s daughter and a prosecutor.

At the set, actress Hwang Jung Eum surprised the crew by wearing a fat suit to transform into a heavyset woman of 70kg. Hwang Jung Eum looked so different that to her embarrassment, the fans that showed up did not recognize her. Instead, they thought that the scenes filmed that day only involved actor Kang Ji Hwan.

Meanwhile, “Incarnation of Money” is to follow the current drama “Alice in Cheongdamdong.” It will air its first episode on February 2, 2013.

credit: soompi

Archived