[Drama 2013] Incarnation of Money 돈의 화신

Guest nozomikizumi

@pechumori. Here is your translation for Lee Cha Don based on the profile posted. It doesn't make sense by the way. We've translated a lot of character descriptions before and most of the time whomever is issuing them has no clue about the actual story. So we are not holding our breathes it will stay the same when ep 1 starts.
Lee Cha DonIn his thirties
Prosecutor in Seoul Central District Office of Special Investigations
15 years ago, his father, a Myeongdong real estate chaebol always told him "Don't study. Instead, become like the "wise guys" ( literal sub is the clever guys) by money, take away all of their capacity.' He had no qualms that whatever mishap may strike, money would solve all problems.
One day, however, his father is murdered by someone. After his mother is framed as the suspect and institutionalized ( it wasn't clear to she was put in a mental hospital or in prison), without money and parents, he is abandoned and learns for the first time that the world is a scary place.

* wise guys as in American gangsters because clever guys won't make much sense *Credit to cgwm808@ viki .com -- haven't worked out what we're calling the team yet.
Okay found the site. But I will decide how much we need translated. Or rather which ones we are translating. There are 15 characters and for the life of me can't be bothered. However once I get the synopsis done and the main characters will post here. It will probably take a day or so. So you don't need to translate if you don't want to.
http://wizard2.sbs.co.kr/sw11/template/swtpl_iframetype.jsp?vVodId=V0000374036&vProgId=1000857&vMenuId=1018425

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ck10z, thank you so much!!! you are heaven sent. ^:)^

@pechipsky, great posts! thank you =D>

"Incarnation of Money" to begin broadcast in February
By Korea Star Daily / KpopFighting.com 1/22/13

72993_472218976168478_1145128540_n.jpg

Upcoming SBS TV weekend drama 'Incarnation of Money' is set to debut this February. Kang Ji Hwan and Hwang Jung Eum who will lead the drama, are setting a goal for themselves to win the 'Best Couple' award and have already been labeled as the 'BokDon Couple'.

The two had begun filming together recently which already included a kiss scene. In an interview, the two revealed how they had came to be labeled as the 'BokDon Couple'. The drama director Yu In Sik apparently was the mastermind behind it as he took 'Bok' from Bok Jae In (Hwang Jung Eum) and 'Don' from Lee Jae Don (Kang Ji Hwan) before putting it together to become 'BokDon Couple'. With this in place prior to broadcast, viewers are highly anticipating the drama this coming Korean New Year.

Hwang Jung Eum revealed, "I was a fan of him since I was little, so I feel that I am really blessed in 2013 to be working with him. Ji Hwan oppa is very tall also, so I can wear high heels to my heart's content."

Kang Ji Hwan said, "I hope that 'BokDon Couple' will have a good showing, and win the 'Best Couple' award at the year-end awards ceremony."

'Incarnation of Money' will begin broadcast from February 2nd onwards.
credit: yahoo news
Incarnation of Money 돈의 화신 FB

Translations are not coming out in sequence as I've divided out the sections. Just credit the whole lot to the  Incarnation of money team@ viki.com.I would settle the final names spellings once we have everything. Found the synopsis but it's not translated yet.
4_1.jpgChoi Yeo Jin as Jeon Ji Hoo.- A female prosecutor at her late 20's in Seoul Central District Prosecutor's Office.
She became a prosecutor based on her belief that justice must be achieved.Because of her beauty, she's popular within the organization, but she wants to be acknowledged for her competence. So, she never turns down any offer of a boiler maker, and tries to act up bravely in front of violent offenders. However, every time, she is frustrated in her limits.5_1.jpgOh Yoon Ah as Eun Bi Ryeong.- A business woman who used to be a movie actress. At her late 30's.
When she was an unknown actress, she met Chairman Lee Joong Man and became her mistress.Since Chairman Lee Jong Man was murdered by Se Kwang's careful plan and she inherited Chairman Lee's enormous fortune, Se Kwang has been a god-like person to Bi Ryeong, and she has devoted herself to support Se Kwang and gain his love.

Lee Tae Im who was originally casted to play the role of fellow prosecutor, Jun Ji Hoo and was included in the premiere trailer was replaced by Choi Yeo Jin. According to the news, the crew was having a difficult schedule coordination with Lee Tae Im because she was also filming "The Punisher", a movie set to be released this year. The character of Jeon Ji Hoo was supposed to be in a love triangle with Lee Cha Don and Bok Jae In.

Profile of CHOI YEO-JIN  as Jun Ji Hoo(supporting actress in "Incarnation of Money")

Name: Choi Yeo-Jin
    Hangul: 최여진
    Birthdate: July 27, 1983
    Birthplace: South Korea
    Height: 172cm.
    Blood Type:

Movies

A Pig Like Woman | Dwaeji Gateun Yeoja (2013) - Mi-Ja
    Detective Mr. Gong (2007)
    Art of Fighting | Ssaumui Gisul (2006) - Young-Ae
    Love in Magic (2005)
    Seoul Raiders (2005) -Choi Sun-Ah

TV Dramas

Dear You | Chinaehaneun Dangshinaege (jTBC / 2012) - Baek In-Gyung
    Dream High Season 2 | Deurimhai Sijeun 2 (KBS2 / 2012) - Teacher Ahn Tae-Yeon
    I Need Romance | Romaenseuga Pilyohae (tvN / 2011) - Park Seo-Yeon
    Cutie Pie | Bolsurok Aegyomanjeom (MBC / 2010) - Lim Yeo-Jin
    Dream | Deurim (SBS / 2009) - Jang Su-Jin
    My Woman | Nae Yeoja (MBC / 2008) - Jang Tae-Hee
    Bride from Vietnam | Hwangkeum Shinbu (SBS / 2007-2008) - Ok Ji-Young
    Surgeon Bong | Uikwauisa Bongdalhee (SBS / 2007) - Jo Ah-Ra
    Invisible Man Choi Jang Soo | Eumyeonginkan Choi Jang Soo (KBS / 2006)
    Lawyers (MBC / 2005)
    Biscuit Teacher and Star Candy | Keonbbang seonsaengkwa byeolsatang (SBS / 2005) - Nam Jaem-Ma
    Sorry, I Love You | Mihanhamda, Saranghanda (KBS2 / 2004) - Moon Ji-Young
credit: asianwiki

24449_472949166095459_951524125_n.jpg

source: Incarnation of Money 돈의 화신 FB

Make money as if you lost your mind for it, as if your life depended on it.

Some people are obsessed with money. A young son who lost his parents because of a conspiracy involving money and was thrown into the streets becomes indentured to a notorious loan shark and becomes a prosecutor of the Republic of Korea. With his natural knack for sniffing out money and his obsession with money seasoned by his life experience, Master of Extortion, Prosecutor Lee Cha Don gets involved with numerous bribe sponsors and uses his talent solely for the purpose of extracting money. "Me, a slave of money? Nonsense. I'm not a slave of money, I'm the embodiment of money."

Here we have another character.
At the moment of despair at the gap between reality and ideals, he is offered a deal from the devil, and he ends up selling his soul to reach out for the summit of this world. Equipped with the heart of a hawk and the wit of a serpent, Chief Prosecutor Ji Se Kwang emanates a strong aura about him as he constructs a world of his own.
Until Lee Cha Don, the son of the man whose death he caused came along, it had seemed like nobody could dare to stand against him.

The drama of "Embodiment of Money" is a story about the greed, revenge, and love tangled up in money, the most interesting thing known to humanity. Those trying to have money, those trying to take away money, those trying to take power through money, and those trying to make money with power…
In a world where everybody casts spider-webs of desires, it is a fierce contest of survival of the fittest.
Work like a dog and spend like a king?
Money earned by working like a dog is spent like a dog. That is the reality of the world.
This story will quench the thirst and and satisfy the desire for money of the viewers by its realistic portrayal that is true to this world.

Credit Incarnation of money team @ viki.com

Translated from the website.http://wizard2.sbs.co.kr/sw11/template/swtpl_iframetype.jsp?vVodId=V0000374036&vProgId=1000857&vMenuId=1018424

2_1.jpgJi Se Gwang (Park Sang Min)

Chief (Head) Prosecutor of Seoul Central District Prosecutor's Office, Special Branch

His father was a personal driver for Lee Joong Man, President of Myeongdong Real Estate Conglomerate (Chaebol). President Lee, while driving drunk caused an accident. Instead of President Lee, Ji Sae Gwang's father went to prison. While in prison, he became ill and died (met a desolate death).

When Ji Se Gwang finds out the truth that President Lee, who was like a savior to him, sacrificed Ji Se Gwang's father, he wanted revenge. With revenge in his heart, he is seduced by Eun Bi Ryeong, President Lee's favorite mistress. President Lee is killed after he discovered the affair. President Lee's wife is blamed for the crime.

Once Ji Se Gwang becomes a prosecutor, it doesn't matter if it's the mob, a politician, or the business circle, if there is an illegal activity, no matter where it is, he will pursue with to convict the offender. With unwavering conviction and belief, he became a star prosecutor.  Addit- thanks for adding the synopsis photo.

@pechumori- man there are still so many. Am too lazy to copy and paste now. More translations are coming in but I think the most important one left is Bok Jae In and Bok Hwa Sool. There are like another 10 more characters. That's too many for me to bother chasing for translations.We're all busy on CDDA, Madame Butterfly and Queen of Ambition.
However looking at the drama descriptions, I am now wondering how serious it's going to be. There is nothing about marriage and yet we see Lee Cha Don in a straightjacket. But then he was a special Prosecutor. All really confusing. Also did you notice there is no second lead? Ji Se Gwang is involved with Eun Bi Ryeong instead. Hmmm...You can decide how you want to spell Ji Sae Gwang, at present it's  Ji Se Gwang. Things change closer to the date. Even Hancinema had some of their characters wrong.
http://www.viki.com/channels/11041-the-embodiment-of-money/posts/22322-synopsis-and-character-descriptions?t=1358942465
Just check this link in a day or so, the Bok Jae In character should be translated then. Not planning to visit this thread for a bit. So good luck.

Guest subject

God. What's wrong with them? Why they're always abuse leads haircut, huh?They did it in Giant and Salaryman and even when they truly have good looking leads, they keep doing it. Aish!
BUT I'm willing to forgive them all if they are going to regain the AWESOMENESS as their previous projects.So, this forum gonna be my new home for the upcoming 12 weeks since its premiere. 

@ck10z, i will post whatever your team has finished. Thank you for everything.
Really appreciate it. :D

According to dramabeans, HJE would rescue KJH from the asylum and a fake
marriage is to follow. HJE is said to start out fat and ugly and would undergo a
makeover. So, we'll be seeing a bit of Lie to Me and 200 pounds Beauty. Also,
since the same team behind Giant and Salaryman are behind this, they refer to
Incarnation as the third part of their trilogy.

A look at KJH while filming "Incarnation of Money". This picture
was taken by a fan with a digital camera. credit: cdmayu

486908_473386016051774_942497094_n.jpg

source: Incarnation of Money 돈의 화신 FB

3_1.jpg
Bok Jae In
- In her Early 30s. An heir to Lucky Savings BankRaised by a single mother who is a loan shark that only cares about money, eating was her only venue for stress relief. Overweight with thick glasses and braces, Jae In was simply the embodiment of misery itself. Her temper was getting short as she was being bullied in school, but then she met Cha Don, who was on the brink of death after being hit by her mother's car.After surviving a major surgery, Cha Don began to live at Jae In's house, becoming like a gift for Jae In, to whom eating had been the only pleasure in life until then.
Or there is another more literal translation.
Bok Jae In
Bok Jae In's mom is a widow of a private money lender who only cared about money. Living under her widowed mom's roof, eating was Bok Jae In's only venue for stress relief. She was overweight, wore thick glasses, and braces. Bok Jae In simply suppressed (she kept it in) the misery of her situation. Bok Jae In began hanging out with bullies in school and was spiraling down a path of delinquency when she met Cha Don. She almost kills him when she struck him while driving her mother's car.
After surviving a major surgery, Cha Don began living at Bok Jae In's house. To Jae In, Cha Don becomes a welcome replacement to the pleasure she derived from eating and began an existence with a belief that Cha Don is a gift to be thankful for.
Credit Incarnation of money team@ viki.comTranslated from http://img.sbs.co.kr/sw11/sp12/money/images/test/3_1.jpg

Archived