Goo Hye Sun 구혜선

Admin

I wonder if her classmates, in London, have any idea what a huge talent that she is? I'm sure they'll be finding out in a hurry by spending time with her. I could just hear them talking, "Hey, I just Googled that Korean woman in our class and....!" :o

• Like 5

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 7:39 PM, obbor4 said:

I wonder if her classmates, in London, have any idea what a huge talent that she is? I'm sure they'll be finding out in a hurry by spending time with her. I could just hear them talking, "Hey, I just Googled that Korean woman in our class and....!" :o

Hi sis, I bet they do know who she is, but although the group is formed by young adults, they seem matured and I am sure they respect her privacy. Koo looks really comfortable with that group, and that says it all.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if she’s gonna go back to acting in the near future... afterall she’s not getting younger. She’ll be 40 in 4 years time, and as we know actresses lifespan is shorter than male actors. For actors, even in t their mid 40s, they still rock playing romantic heroes with actresses half their age (e.g LBH in Mr Sunshine, GS in Flower in Prison), actresses in their mid 30s already playing role of a mother (e.g HCY, NSM, SHK, KTH, GHJ). So my point is GHS doesn’t have that much time to work as a leading actress, what with many of the 90s born actresses popping up like mushrooms. We all know she is multi talented person, however she still has a long way to go to proof she is a diversify actress, and her absent for almost half a decade in acting won’t help her acting career. Now that goes back to school, wud she able to resume her career as an actress when she’s close to 40? 

Honestly I really miss her as an actress. Wish to see more of her on TV or in the big screen. I dunno much abt arts & I didn’t care much of what happen behind a drama/movie production. What I do know is a good acting & enjoyable story & I miss all that from GHS. I wish she do drama like Angel Eyes, Pure Heart & The Musical & please no more fantasy drama like Blood, tho I love her character as a doctor but I really hated the vampire part. Too bad she pull out from STM, and I wish she will do a long drama/soap

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

12 hours ago, wildcherry said:

I wonder if she’s gonna go back to acting in the near future... afterall she’s not getting younger. She’ll be 40 in 4 years time, and as we know actresses lifespan is shorter than male actors. For actors, even in t their mid 40s, they still rock playing romantic heroes with actresses half their age (e.g LBH in Mr Sunshine, GS in Flower in Prison), actresses in their mid 30s already playing role of a mother (e.g HCY, NSM, SHK, KTH, GHJ). So my point is GHS doesn’t have that much time to work as a leading actress, what with many of the 90s born actresses popping up like mushrooms. We all know she is multi talented person, however she still has a long way to go to proof she is a diversify actress, and her absent for almost half a decade in acting won’t help her acting career. Now that goes back to school, wud she able to resume her career as an actress when she’s close to 40? 

Honestly I really miss her as an actress. Wish to see more of her on TV or in the big screen. I dunno much abt arts & I didn’t care much of what happen behind a drama/movie production. What I do know is a good acting & enjoyable story & I miss all that from GHS. I wish she do drama like Angel Eyes, Pure Heart & The Musical & please no more fantasy drama like Blood, tho I love her character as a doctor but I really hated the vampire part. Too bad she pull out from STM, and I wish she will do a long drama/soap

Hi sis, I hope you are doing well!  It is great to see sunnies posting here from time to time.

I my opinion, I don’t think that age will be a problem and this is because about two-three years ago dramas in general started dropping in ratings and that was a big concern to the TV stations.  Many people commented that the main reason is that most of the dramas back then had young people in leading roles and not all of them are good actors or actresses.  The mediocre plots were also another reason for the drop in drama viewers. Many of these actors/actresses were chose because they are members of a famous Kpop group, or pretty models.  Many Koreans commented that it is ok to have young people with lead roles in dramas, but not too much.  Since 2018 we started to see again wonderful actresses in their late 30’s and early 40’s, leading excellent dramas (they are always the best dramas).  These days we can see Son Ye Jin, Kim Tae Hee, Song Hye Kyo, Lee Bo-Young, the beautiful Kim Hee Seon, Gong Hyo Jin, Jun Ji Hyun, among others. These fabulous actresses always lead extraordinary dramas with excellent plot.  I am currently watching “Mother of Mine”, oh my God, it is such a wonderful, intense drama, and the lead actress is older than her male co-star. Based in recent interviews, our Goo likes that type of roles as a lead. She doesn’t want more roles as the cool girl, she is looking for more intense, challenging roles. 

Meanwhile, our girl is going back to college. Remember that she put on hold her studies due to drama filming and composing music. Now, she is investing in herself, in learning, in complete her college studies.  She needs that time, she needs to be at ease, in peace, to be ready to make a comeback to dramas. In my opinion, it would not be good to make a comeback at this moment.  Not to forget that the divorce proceedings still ongoing (I hope it finishes soon).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Goo Hye Sun is a part of that golden age of Korean actresses that includes the likes of herself, Kong Hyo Jin, Song Hye Kyo, Lee Bo YoungLee Yuri, and so many others (as mentioned by @gelisiacarras, in the above blog.) Outside of the controversy (which may hurt her because production companies have shown a huge tendency to bend to public sentiment) with Goo Hye Sun's ability to shape-shift and play such a variety of roles would seem unlikely she would lose her leading lady status. A proven entity, she has shown throughout her career that she is quite capable of carrying any production she appears in.  Despite the repeated, organized, and contrived efforts, by a jaded minority bent upon submarining her career (for various reasons: jealousy, avarice, low self-esteem, etc.), she remains quite popular and is seen in an admirable light by her contemporaries, friends, and within the industry.  I cannot imagine a huge talent like hers dying on the vine or taking a backseat at this relatively young age or even later on down the road. Her beauty, talent, and reputation demand that she remain the focal point of productions, unless she chooses to move down the list in order to change her image or further  challenge her craft. She hasn't played any dark characters or femme fatales yet and she certainly has the goods to pull it off. In just six episodes of her aborted drama, You Are Too Much, we got a glimpse of her stepping outside of her usual role hinting at a possible move, for her, into deeper waters. In my estimation, there is no role that could be offered to her that is beyond her scope. Surely the industry knows this. If it is her wish to return to acting. I predict that she will be back in a big way...

Edited by obbor4
typos
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

I really hope so... and really hope the first work she’ll work on after completing her studies & over with her divorce proceedings is acting. I truly miss watching her on screen. I don’t care even if she opt to do variety shows.

Btw she haven’t been updating her IG since late February. I hope everything is going well for her. Just wondering if she is still in the UK or she’s back in Korea. She did say she’s going back to Sungkyunkwan University right?

• Like 5

7 hours ago, wildcherry said:

I really hope so... and really hope the first work she’ll work on after completing her studies & over with her divorce proceedings is acting. I truly miss watching her on screen. I don’t care even if she opt to do variety shows.

Btw she haven’t been updating her IG since late February. I hope everything is going well for her. Just wondering if she is still in the UK or she’s back in Korea. She did say she’s going back to Sungkyunkwan University right?

Yes sis, she’s going to Sungkyunkwan University. Finally, she updated her IG today!

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...