4 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Oh yes!! I love him in a ponytail! Will he look like these pics below?

1st and 2nd picture ok but not the 3rd. :D

4 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

@budgerie This is the pic that you were talking about earlier right? Same pose....he's so much more manly and charismatic now.

Pics-Art-11-29-01-28-05.jpg

Yes this is the one I was talking about. When I first saw the photo on the right, I said to myself I've seen this pose before (the left). Hahaha! Notice the left hand is on top of the right hand in both photos. The one on the right is so much more manly and handsome! I don't know if Mrs Jung melts but I'm melting! :sweatingbullets:

• Love 1

5 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Oh yes!! I love him in a ponytail! Will he look like these pics below?

a125d2792d62f0bf965d17aeccf28f3a.jpg
imageproxy-2.jpg
jang-hyuk-31.jpg

YES YES YES! I’m seriously hoping it is a ponytail or the 2nd picture. He looks super sexy! The third one isn’t my favorite but let’s be prepared that it may just be haha. 

Anyhow, I think even the 3rd one is still better than a bowl cut or the wrap up party ahjumma hairstyle haha. I’d be just grateful. :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

27 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

YES YES YES! I’m seriously hoping it is a ponytail or the 2nd picture. He looks super sexy! The third one isn’t my favorite but let’s be prepared that it may just be haha. 

Anyhow, I think even the 3rd one is still better than a bowl cut or the wrap up party ahjumma hairstyle haha. I’d be just grateful. :D

After staring at the 3rd one for  a while, I think it is not that bad after all haha... yah yah anything but that mushroom haircut and ahjumma style.

• LOL 3

50 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Which one is wrap up party ahjumma hairstyle?? I wonder who invented the mushroom/bowl cut on him. It was ugly!

• LOL 1

18 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

The recent MC wrap up party one... yea those WOL and BM hairstyles were just so unflattering!

His disastrous hairstyle (for me) : the golden hairstyle, Iris, Urban Cop, WOL, MC 2nd Press Conference straight hair,  FTLY (1st part of the drama) & Voice (fringe). But I'm ok with BM and BPP. :lol:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Which one is wrap up party ahjumma hairstyle?? I wonder who invented the mushroom/bowl cut on him. It was ugly

I think this is the one 

IMG-20191124-105742-335.jpgit reminds me of Lee Gun's centre parting hairstyle though.

tumblr-n9n2lo-CVin1revobio1-500.gif

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

After staring at the 3rd one for  a while, I think it is not that bad after all haha... yah yah anything but that mushroom haircut and ahjumma style.

Maybe we should stare longer too.. we might like it..hehe 

The WOL style, I'm surprised he pulled it off and looks good.

abura-cast02.jpg

• LOL 1

7 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

I think this is the one 

IMG-20191124-105742-335.jpgit reminds me of Lee Gun's centre parting hairstyle though.

tumblr-n9n2lo-CVin1revobio1-500.gif

Maybe we should stare longer too.. we might like it..hehe 

The WOL style, I'm surprised he pulled it off and looks good.

abura-cast02.jpg

Oh gosh! The wrap up party hair is horribly ugly! But why is it called ahjumma hairstyle?? Wow, he looked so nice in that jeans shirt outfit. Er....I was looking more at his body than the hairstyle (hahaha) underwear advertisement? :P The picture in suit and tie like BM hairstyle.

• LOL 1

27 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

Seems like Tell Me What You Saw will also be available on Netflix.

I think this is Jin Seo Yeon's look for new drama :

Hide contents

Yah I think that’s her look. She looks quite no nonsense haha. Like don’t mess with me power woman. Wonder if she will get along well with JH and CSY’s characters. 

Where did you see it saying that it will be aired on Netflix??? If it’s true I’d be so happy! Because the picture quality is still top notch. And will it be aired within 24 hrs?? As long as they don’t repeat the MC snafu where it got stuck halfway :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

Actually the third pic can be suitable for the eccentric sexy profiler..haha

1351589829-60f4b7af-s-s-EC9-EA5-ED98813.
images.jpg
jang-hyuk-41.jpg

I guess these are okay. Not my fav, don’t know what to pinpoint although I know ponytails can look great. Maybe it’s the side parting. Like if it was combed back and shorter, would look better. And the long sideburns aren’t my thing. 

That second pic tho... wow. Such a different masculine look that I’ve never seen in JH! He usually has a very calm and gentle look. Even to me Daegil’s look was quite gentle despite being rugged. But this one is just full on bad boy gaze haha. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I think one thing we don't get is JH every day experience when it comes to his looks.  I think it very much affects his hair style choices. Think about Dragon club and the way the women that visited their tent reacted to JH. I don't think that any of us will say he looked his best there. And still, these women, that were surrounded with the other members of the dragon club that are also celebrities, couldn't help but stare at JH. Both the older and younger women.

So, If this is the normal reaction he gets, it's no surprise that when he is trying to portray a character that is a "normal guy", he goes for a less flattering haircut. JH is an actor, first and foremost, and he wants to do interesting and challenging roles. He has said in the past that his face prevented him from getting roles. So I guess he found the solution to that. Would I like it if JH looked good in every role? Sure. But I like it even better when he's doing good roles. I can't really complain when that is exactly the reason why I'm a fan of JH. Bowl cut or not. 

It's clear JH hasn't forgotten a single project he did in his life. He seems to have analyzed each role he did, determining what worked, what didn't, and those that he has regrets about and wishes to correct, he seems to be looking for similar projects in order to do that. He did that with Midas --> MF, Robbers (I think)--> FTLY and Empire of Lust--> MC .  This is why I'm kinda hoping it will be BM corrected in this new project. Young Oh was also a genius after all, though I don't think there is anything to correct with him, except for his hair :) 

And now, after this recent interview, I think we can also expect a similar character to the one in Daemong... BTW, didn't most the fans that mentioned this show say they liked it? I wonder why JH regrets it so much...

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

34 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I think we can also expect a similar character to the one in Daemong... BTW, didn't most the fans that mentioned this show say they liked it? I wonder why JH regrets it so much...

I'll be really pleased if plays a sweet character like Jae Young in future. He used the word 'regret' because he considers his performance in Daemang unsatisfactory. It has nothing to do with his character or the writer of the drama. He has expressed similiar dissatisfaction with his performance in Midas earlier.

Acting standards for young actors were pretty low in earlier days of K dramas. After working with younger actors in MC it's natural for him to compare his earlier skills with them. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

7 hours ago, budgerie said:

Which one is wrap up party ahjumma hairstyle?? I wonder who invented the mushroom/bowl cut on him. It was ugly!

The mushroom/bowl cut is not my favorite hairstyle, but it must be a popular one. I've seen it on quite a few actors. 

• LOL 1

8 hours ago, budgerie said:

Yes this is the one I was talking about. When I first saw the photo on the right, I said to myself I've seen this pose before (the left). Hahaha! Notice the left hand is on top of the right hand in both photos. The one on the right is so much more manly and handsome! I don't know if Mrs Jung melts but I'm melting! :sweatingbullets:

I agree he looks very good now - matured, sexy, experienced, etc. I said this many times, he ages like fine wine. However, his look in his early 30s and during his wedding was also great. I supposed he looks good at each age group, if you know what I mean.

I am not sure if his wife will necessary have the same feeling or sentiment as us on her husband. After all, they have been together for so long that perhaps she is used to his looks. Although we do not know how she looks like (except for those few wedding pics), I have faith she is up keeping herself well too. She definitely looked good at the wedding despite just given birth few months before! Her body didnt look like she just had a baby and this could be stemmed from her discipline as a dancer/fitness instructor. 

The gym JH frequents is quite interesting. You see children exercising there as well! Seemed like a place suitable for all ages. And he is oblivious to others and just carries on his routine.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

I'll be really pleased if plays a sweet character like Jae Young in future. He used the word 'regret' because he considers his performance in Daemang unsatisfactory. It has nothing to do with his character or the writer of the drama. He has expressed similiar dissatisfaction with his performance in Midas earlier.

Acting standards for young actors were pretty low in earlier days of K dramas. After working with younger actors in MC it's natural for him to compare his earlier skills with them. 

YES! I almost could forsee Jang Hyuk would make this observation about the young actors! I mean, Im sure he is being polite but also sincere. He knows how difficult it was for him on set during those days, he most likely made lots of mistakes and got nervous (watching some of SSBG bts will try anyone’s patience lol) I can only imagine how demanding Daemang was being a sageuk. I LOVED Jaeyoung, and I loved his performance because it was natural and sincere but of course I’m the audience, I only see the results, who knows how many takes it took them to get the scenes right? (for example)  These MC leads are about the same age he was then (or younger), but I think are more “prepared” (still I was a bit unimpressed by YSJ as Hwi, if Im totally honest but I think it was the role that didn’t quite totally work for me. I was positively impressed by WDH) And so yeah, I can see what JH is saying. 

About second chances, all of his second chances have worked for me, except Gaekju was a second chance for SoGC in a way. He literally said he wanted to do another sageuk with enough episodes to develop the character, since he felt regretful about SoGC lack of character development. Unfortunately Gaekju was worse to me, which goes to show that length has nothing to do with it. You can tell a rich complex story with amazing characters in two hours (as in movies) it just needs good writing and directing. 

Also, I remember him not feeling satisfied with his Ddolbock, he of course always blamed himself for not “grasping” the character. Meanwhile, I love Ddolbock (although objectively, not his most nuanced performance)

I feel this new drama as a second chance to Voice, more than BM.  

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

21 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

YES! I almost could forsee Jang Hyuk would make this observation about the young actors! I mean, Im sure he is being polite but also sincere. He knows how difficult it was for him on set during those days, he most likely made lots of mistakes and got nervous (watching some of SSBG bts will try anyone’s patience lol) I can only imagine how demanding Daemang was being a sageuk. I LOVED Jaeyoung, and I loved his performance because it was natural and sincere but of course I’m the audience, I only see the results, who knows how many takes it took them to get the scenes right? (for example)  These MC leads are about the same age he was then (or younger), but I think are more “prepared” (still I was a bit unimpressed by YSJ as Hwi, if Im totally honest but I think it was the role that didn’t quite totally work for me. I was positively impressed by WDH) And so yeah, I can see what JH is saying. 

I feel this new drama as a second chance to Voice, more than BM.  

I feel that JH is very critical of himself. Obviously he's had a very tumultuous career, with a lot of difficult experiences. Not to mention that he literally had to restart his career and reinvent himself. But those experiences and him never giving up is what is responsible for the extraordinary actor that he is today. Fearless and insightful. There are plenty of good actors that can produce a good performance following the script given to them. But, as we've seen, JH goes beyond that. He takes risks and much more responsibility on set than most actors, and that makes him unique. I wonder if he even sees that...

I would like to hear from the younger actors what they thought about JH work process...

I hope JH's new character is nothing like the character from Voice. That guy was no genius, and I really don't want to see him again... That's why I was thinking more about Lee Young Oh from Beautiful mind. Him I'd like to see more of... :) 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I feel that JH is very critical of himself. Obviously he's had a very tumultuous career, with a lot of difficult experiences. Not to mention that he literally had to restart his career and reinvent himself. But those experiences and him never giving up is what is responsible for the extraordinary actor that he is today. Fearless and insightful. There are plenty of good actors that can produce a good performance following the script given to them. But, as we've seen, JH goes beyond that. He takes risks and much more responsibility on set than most actors, and that makes him unique. I wonder if he even sees that...

I would like to hear from the younger actors what they thought about JH work process...

I hope JH's new character is nothing like the character from Voice. That guy was no genius, and I really don't want to see him again... That's why I was thinking more about Lee Young Oh from Beautiful mind. Him I'd like to see more of... :) 

Looks like it’s time I start watching BM! Haha. I felt it was more like a 2nd Chance to Voice, because of the genre. But could be wrong. I just hope the character is way different from Voice, and hope that the new director knows what he is doing... and don’t replicate what he directed in Voice, but use a slightly diff directing style....

• Like 2
  • LOL 1