16 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

He appeared at the gym today..surprising us with a clean shaven look!

And lo and behold-  in this picture he doesn't look like he is too thin. On the other hand, he does look like he is 5... :lol:

Is the other guy in the picture the one who recently won a boxing match? He is Korea's boxing champion?

28 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

And lo and behold-  in this picture he doesn't look like he is too thin. On the other hand, he does look like he is 5... :lol:

Is the other guy in the picture the one who recently won a boxing match? He is Korea's boxing champion?

I think they used a filter on him which he really doesn't need any.. Yes, the guy won a match recently. Not sure about the details though.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, azureblue7 said:

I think they used a filter on him which he really doesn't need any.. Yes, the guy won a match recently. Not sure about the details though.

I thought he looked odd... Why do people use those filters all the time?! I think there should be a law prohibiting filter use on JH's face... It's not his fault his face is perfect!<_<

• LOL 2

7 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I thought he looked odd... Why do people use those filters all the time?! I think there should be a law prohibiting filter use on JH's face... It's not his fault his face is perfect!<_<

I think the filter make his chin sharper and narrower. Hey! I love his orignial masculine chin !

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I don't want to shock anybody but years ago actors' threads in soompi forums were reset. I thought we have lost all of our previous posts like last time. :grimace:

44 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

I wonder what the "wiggle" means. Just using it because it looks funny.. like wiggling in agreement.. 

Reminds me of this 

Spoiler

• Shocked 2
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, fiesty8001 said:

I don't want to shock anybody but years ago actors' threads in soompi forums were reset. I thought we have lost all of our previous posts like last time. :grimace:

Just out of curiosity, do you guys actually go back and read all posts in this JH forum? Haha 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Reel Life said:

Just out of curiosity, do you guys actually go back and read all posts in this JH forum? Haha 

Noooo !

I have even lower patience with JH's drama threads. Haven't even seen JH or JH fans' IG since ages.:sipsboba:

• LOL 2

1 hour ago, The Reel Life said:

I do. There is a lot of information there. Also often, when an interview came out, someone on the thread would either translate it or at least give the general gist of it. Very helpful. I especially like going over JH's drama threads- it's like going back in time! :) it's interesting seeing the initial reactions to his dramas. This is how I found out that JH was actually proud of BM, and that he improvised and made LY likable, contrary to what the director wanted. Also, this is how I first found out that the initial reaction the news that JH was cast in FTLY was negative.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

6 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

I think the original pic should be like the one on the left

Looking good.  I didn't like the one in the car because of the filter.  Nice to have the forum back.

@fiesty8001  I don't read all posts but jump around every now and then for refresher.

@corey high five for Live Up To Your Name.  I like that drama too.

Edited by Sushimi
Do not quote photos, thanks
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

I think the original pic should be like the one on the left

He still looks so cute and baby! And yes, kinda weird with the filter :P

@fiesty8001 The first posts are from before JH joined military service. I don’t think we’ve lost anything? This thread is very valuable to JH fans. It contains a lot of valuable historical data, pictures etc

@corey KNG is definitely younger than JH (he is the first korean actor I loved btw. He was so good in Queen Seondeok) But I don’t think anyone has said there are no romantic dramas for mature actors, but there are very few and normally the more “hallyu” type actors and those who already have a solid reputation in that genre are given priority like say, Hyun Bin (who still is younger than JH and also unmarried, another factor that makes him more “marketable”) Anywho, things only get harder for mature actors as newer actors start to pop up. It doesn’t mean it’s impossible for him to land another romantic role again (If he wanted he’d probably be pursuing that and knowing how persistent he is, he might actually get it) but, we don’t even know when he is coming back from the longest break of his career at this point!:brokenheart:

@budgerie Yes, the forum is still kinda wonky :crazymad:

Edited by Sushimi
Do not quote photos. Thanks.
  • Like 4

If we missed him in a variety show, JTBC has just released the first clip from his appearance in Giant Veteran - I tried watching this show, and it's mostly silly. They're not really taking the weight losing thing very seriously...

Edited by LyraYoo
please do not quote images/videos . thank you
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

If we missed him in a variety show, JTBC has just released the first clip from his appearance in Giant Veteran - I tried watching this show, and it's mostly silly. They're not really taking the weight losing thing very seriously...

I think I’m gonna love this! Seeing him in the Boxing gym and giving pep talk is something I’ve not seen before. And he looks very relaxed and n his element here. Not embarrassed or shy or awkward. Just confident, at ease and enjoying himself!! 

Edited by Sushimi
please do not quote images/videos . thank you
  • Like 3
  • Awesome 1

1 minute ago, The Reel Life said:

I think I’m gonna love this! Seeing him in the Boxing gym and giving pep talk is something I’ve not seen before. And he looks very relaxed and n his element here. Not embarrassed or shy or awkward. Just confident, at ease and enjoying himself!! 

I think the fact that he knows at least 3 of the guys really helps put him at ease. Also- yes, this is a gym, his area of expertise! :) I love how the guys that don't know him reacted with awe, while he come in like the fluffy bunny that he is, with that cute wave of his :lol: Also, notice the trainer seemed to be impressed by him and kinda starry eyed... I guess he is not from JH's gym?

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

9 hours ago, corey said:

And I tried to watch Queen Seondeok for him - I gave up at 16th episode when there was still no KNG -nor Yoo Seung Ho. Yes, that drama was good, but not for my short attention span, lol!

Agree with you. Queen Seondeok is difficult to sit through but it's a good drama. I wish people would still make drama like this....

9 hours ago, corey said:

Did you like the Marriage Contract? OMG, I soooo hated almost all the characters at the beginning so it was fun to watch how the writer is going to make us like them.

I watched Marriage Contract immediately after watching 1% of Anything so I have to say, I didn't buy it initially. But after some time, I gave it a 2nd chance & it was not bad. In terms of plot & chemistry, still 1% of Anything is better.

9 hours ago, corey said:

Also - I think I will have a go at a C-Drama called In a class of her own. It is Chinese remake of Sunkkyunkwan scandal, would be interesting to watch too!

The girl looked ok but the guys all looked so young.

9 hours ago, corey said:

And yes, formus are still unstable, I was not able to answer for some time.

Let's hope we're not locked out again. Oh yes, some time ago it was mentioned that Swordman is coming out right? When?

• Like 1