46 minutes ago, yoeda said:

Perm like Patrick Jane. Is that ok? :P

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for patrick jane mentalist 

Reveal hidden contents

Not too curly should be ok (hahaha)! Gosh, we are all so worried about his hairstyle. This shows he needs a new hairstylist. Hopefully the plot is interesting. Detective genre is not my cup of tea. 

• LOL 2

34 minutes ago, yoeda said:

Perm like Patrick Jane. Is that ok? :P

That’s what I was thinking too haha. Here’s a curlier picture LOL. But I cannot imagine him in such curly hair. Hope he won’t look ahjumma. 

10bba4c076b4b12ba3966e87f155d23d.png

Truth be told, I’m not crazy about the premise. It sounds like Voice again but I am just holding on to the statements in the article that says the following:

48 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Genius Profiler Oh Hyun-jae's role is to showcase the professional charm of utilizing the innate brain.

49 minutes ago, budgerie said:

The character can discover Jang Hyuk's new charm that has not been revealed until now.

I don’t know what these mean, but I can only hope it mean good. And like you guys mentioned sometimes the premise is cliche but the execution is good. Like FLTY and MF. So, let’s hope for the best. 

AND. It really does does sound like Mentalist btw @yoeda! I was reading the synopsis for anyone who’s interested:

The series follows Patrick Jane, an independent consultant for the California Bureau of Investigation (CBI) based in Sacramento, California. Although not an officer of the law, he uses his skills from his former career as a successful, yet admittedly fraudulent, psychic medium to help a team of CBI agents solve murders. The real reason for Jane's involvement with law enforcement is to track down the serial killer known as Red John, who was responsible for the brutal murders of his wife, Angela Ruskin Jane, and his daughter, Charlotte Anne Jane.....he has finely honed skills in cold reading, hypnosis, and picking pockets, as well as his intuitive observations and an immense insight into the human psyche and the behavior of witnesses

Except that Patrick Jane is pretty smiley, dashing and very charming. I hope Oh Hyun Jae isn’t angsty and bitter and aloof. I trust that JH took on the role because he saw something different or can make it different. 

Maybe the character growth will be how he went from introverted to then softening up to then finally embracing himself again? :o

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

55 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

That’s what I was thinking too haha. Here’s a curlier picture LOL. But I cannot imagine him in such curly hair. Hope he won’t look ahjumma. 

Truth be told, I’m not crazy about the premise. It sounds like Voice again but I am just holding on to the statements in the article that says the following:

I don’t know what these mean, but I can only hope it mean good. And like you guys mentioned sometimes the premise is cliche but the execution is good. Like FLTY and MF. So, let’s hope for the best. 

AND. It really does does sound like Mentalist btw @yoeda! I was reading the synopsis for anyone who’s interested:

The series follows Patrick Jane, an independent consultant for the California Bureau of Investigation (CBI) based in Sacramento, California. Although not an officer of the law, he uses his skills from his former career as a successful, yet admittedly fraudulent, psychic medium to help a team of CBI agents solve murders. The real reason for Jane's involvement with law enforcement is to track down the serial killer known as Red John, who was responsible for the brutal murders of his wife, Angela Ruskin Jane, and his daughter, Charlotte Anne Jane.....he has finely honed skills in cold reading, hypnosis, and picking pockets, as well as his intuitive observations and an immense insight into the human psyche and the behavior of witnesses

Except that Patrick Jane is pretty smiley, dashing and very charming. I hope Oh Hyun Jae isn’t angsty and bitter and aloof. I trust that JH took on the role because he saw something different or can make it different. 

Maybe the character growth will be how he went from introverted to then softening up to then finally embracing himself again? :o

Slightly off topic. I love The Mentalist but what I find lacking is Lisbon and Jane love line. i can't believe they end up married coz i found they really charming as a partner. It really lack the attraction and sexual tension. So, if this drama wanna have a love story line between the lead i hope they made it believable than this drama. Or just leave it be.

Patrick Jane also an angsty and bitter character. But, he keep hiding it in his smiley and dashing personality. But, I like if OHJ is dashing like that. JH in tux instead of the hideous coat in Voice, who doesn't love it. lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Ok confirmed !!

Actor Jang Hyuk is cast in OCN's new Saturday Original ``See What You Saw'' and heralds a new acting transformation.

http://www.kjdaily.com/read.php3?aid=1572829493488931208

Love that white outfit! It's from the "unbuttoned shirt seducing the audience" photo shoot right? :)

I have to say the reaction on twitter is very enthusiastic. When news like this comes out, you usually see reposts by mostly bots, and you do see that here, but I also see a lot of reposts by real people, most of whom I don't recognize as JH's fans, and all of them are loving JH's return to OCN, while a few disappointed he's not returning to Voice 4 (thank god he is not!).

The premise does sound cliche- I don't know why does he have to be THE best profiler. Why can't he be just a good one!? And I hope he won't be like Jane from the Mentalist. To arrogant and inconsiderate. The comment in the article about JH "new change in acting", whatever that means, sounds promising, though...

• Like 2
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Love that white outfit! It's from the "unbuttoned shirt seducing the audience" photo shoot right? :)

No, this one is from the Japanese fan page that was shot earlier, before that unbuttoned shirt thingee.

o0640080014502327364.jpg?caw=800

• Like 3
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

If he looks like that in the drama, I’ll take it even without plot! I’m shallow and I have no shame. 

Ratings are better when he looks good in his dramas. My shallow self thinks if he had better style in Beautiful Mind the ratings would also have been better.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

I have to say the reaction on twitter is very enthusiastic. When news like this comes out, you usually see reposts by mostly bots, and you do see that here, but I also see a lot of reposts by real people, most of whom I don't recognize as JH's fans, and all of them are loving JH's return to OCN, while a few disappointed he's not returning to Voice 4 (

Lot of those enthusiasts must be fan of Voice. Seems like Voice was quiet popular among Twitterati and many of then actually liked Moo Jin Hyuk's character and JH's acting in that drama. They were disappointed when he didn't join Voice2.:sweatingbullets:

• Like 4

5 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

Though on paper premise doesn't sound too exciting but final product maybe different. Money Flower's synopsis was cringy but drama turned out to be good and much different from what was initially promised.

Wow!  I haven't checked for less than a day and there are so much to read! :lol:

Okay, let's be hopeful. I didn't have high hopes for MF at the beginning too because the synopsis reminded me of MIDAS which I didn't really enjoy very much. Not forgetting the initial pics they posted of his new characters..IMO were not very well taken..

3.jpg

But I was pleasantly surprised! 

Not forgetting his current drama, My Country as well. I was reminded of the nightmarish WOL and since it was the 2nd time he was playing YBW, frankly speaking, I wasn't looking forward to it that much. But look at the buzz around YBW now.  

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

If he looks like that in the drama, I’ll take it even without plot! I’m shallow and I have no shame. 

Me too me too! HAHAHA. He seriously needs to not have bad hair PLEASE. Is there a way we can make known our hairy concerns to JH or the production team? LOL. :sweatingbullets::D

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

And I hope he won't be like Jane from the Mentalist. To arrogant and inconsiderate. The comment in the article about JH "new change in acting", whatever that means, sounds promising, though...

But I read somewhere his current description calls him a recluse/hermit, I feel like I'd take arrogance any day if it means he is more active rather than recluse/angsty/bitter hahaha. 

And on that point in the article on "new change in acting" or bring about "an acting we've never seen before", I too was initially also excited but then again I wondered - sounds like a line that every production says when they promote a new drama. Haha. So I'm gonna take it with a grain of salt and trust JH personally on this and not what the production says. LOL.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

23 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

Ratings are better when he looks good in his dramas. My shallow self thinks if he had better style in Beautiful Mind the ratings would also have been better.

My shallow self agrees with your shallow self 

I was surprised to see that many people actually loved Moo Jin Hyuk, when JH didn’t join Voice 2. The Voice twitteratti was about to riot!  I was sure 90% of the audience disliked him because while Voice aired, I read so much criticism. But yeah it seems MJH got almost as many fans as “haters” 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, fiesty8001 said:

And Bad Papa too, I keep thinking it will have betting ratings if they styled him nicer

1 hour ago, fiesty8001 said:

Lot of those enthusiasts must be fan of Voice. Seems like Voice was quiet popular among Twitterati and many of then actually liked Moo Jin Hyuk's character and JH's acting in that drama. They were disappointed when he didn't join Voice2.:sweatingbullets:

Yeah Voice has many fans actually including me, I dont understand why u guys hate it haha.. But I was glad he didn't join Voice2 or Voice3 coz it'll be repetitive.

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

:wub:Another one here... I like that look a lot!!!

How about with specs?Haha!

Yes, specs specs, I have been saying since day 1, I hope to see him in a drama with 100% specs, not those put on put off type. Just specs all the way !!

• Like 4

Another article of the new drama :

The new series titled, 본 대로 말하라 Say What You Saw (literal translation) tells the story of a genius profiler who has lost everything and a detective with eidetic memory.

Portraying the role of Oh Hyun Jae, Jang Hyuk is a recluse skilled profiler on a mission to track down the serial killer who took his fiancée‘s life.

This time, Jang’s character challenges the emotions and persona of the best criminal psychoanalyst. His dexterity in weighing invisible and visible clues to aid his profiling activity is unmatched. However, after losing his lover, he disappeared and left his job.

https://www.hellokpop.com/kdrama/say-what-you-saw-jang-hyuk-choi-soo-young/

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

My shallow self agrees with your shallow self 

I was surprised to see that many people actually loved Moo Jin Hyuk, when JH didn’t join Voice 2. The Voice twitteratti was about to riot!  I was sure 90% of the audience disliked him because while Voice aired, I read so much criticism. But yeah it seems MJH got almost as many fans as “haters” 

We are not even 'shallow' but realists. 

Imagine the viewers' reaction if Lee Young Oh looked like this?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWCuFjg82EFPzlI8K0Z6U

I understand that JH is not superficial but he doesn't have to go as far away as bowl hair or eye poking fringes. Real detectives and doctors have pretty normal styles.

As for MJH besides poor characterization I didn't know why did they make him 'ugly' particularly when other actors were styled normally. I disliked JH's shouting and running scenes but his emotional and fighting scenes were pretty good. Maybe he got the new 'fans' from there. I was also disappointed with the director because he didn't try to tone MJH down.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Yeah Voice has many fans actually including me, I dont understand why u guys hate it haha.. But I was glad he didn't join Voice2 or Voice3 coz it'll be repetitive.

I also don't understand why do you dislike Fated to Love You?:w00t:

I think most of Voice fans like the drama for Kim Jae Wook's character and cases were quiet intresting if not for constant stupidity of the detectives.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

6 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Ok confirmed !!

Actor Jang Hyuk is cast in OCN's new Saturday Original ``See What You Saw'' and heralds a new acting transformation.

OCN's new Saturday Original 'Talk as You See' (play Go Young-jae, Han Ki-hyun, Director Lee Jun-hyeong, Creator Kim Hong-sun, Production Studio Dragon, H.House) is a genius profiler who has lost everything and a detective with the ability to remember what he saw once. Five senses suspender thriller to track the serial killer known. Jang Hyuk played the profiler, Oh Hyun Jae

In order to chase down the serial killer who killed his fiancé, he conducts a joint investigation with a new detective Soo-young (Choi Soo Young) who has a picture-capturing ability that remembers everything that is instantaneously visible.

Jang Hyuk has been acting in various works such as My Country, Bad Papa, Greasy Melo, and Money Flower.

In particular, he worked with OCN in `` Voice 1 '' in 2017, leaving a powerful impact through the delicate emotions and brilliant action.

Jang Hyuk's acting Oh Hyun-jae is the the best criminal psychology analyst who profiled long-term unsolved cases, and is unparalleled in his ability to deduce what seems is and isn't. 

However, after losing his fiancé in an explosion committed by a serial killer, he erased everything and disappeared from the world.

The reason why Jang Hyuk's “Say What You Saw” casting news is so pleasing is that it is expected to transform into new acting.

Genius Profiler Oh Hyun-jae's role is to showcase the professional charm of utilizing the natural brain.

Jang Hyuk, who is not afraid of acting change every time, will show the true value of actors who believe and see in the OCN genre.

In addition, since VOICE 1, Jang Hyuk and Kim Hong-sun's meeting has attracted much attention.

The reunion of the two who opened a new horizon for the OCN genre with the best breath predicts the birth of the well-made genre in 2020.

The production team said, “Jung Hyuk is an actor who can never be left out of the OCN genre. In any work, there are many viewers who are looking forward to acting as a genre because their own color is sure. ”“ The character can discover Jang Hyuk's new charm that has not been revealed until now. I would like to ask for your interest and expectation until the first broadcast.

Kim Hong-sun who directed the dramas ‘Voice 1’, ‘Hand the guest’, ‘The Liar Game’ and ‘The Pied Piper’ will participate in the planning and production as a whole and add completeness to the work.

In addition, it will be directed by Lee Jun-hyung of 'God's Quiz 1' and written by the movie 'Cha Hyung-sa' Ko Young-jae and new artist Han Ki-hyun.

It is scheduled to broadcast in the first half of 2020.

04-488931.jpg

http://www.kjdaily.com/read.php3?aid=1572829493488931208

If I have a colleague like this, will I still be able to work? Last shirt button undone and rolled up sleeve! I will be drooling!! Yes this look is good for the new profiler role. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

Imagine the viewers' reaction if Lee Young Oh looked like this?

Sorry I don't pay attention to ratings but is the rating for Bad Papa also bad? 

Yes his hair is (mostly) disaster. I really think he ought to change his hairstylist. I think the one that makes him look damn good is Pil Joo and later part of Li Gun hairstyle. He needs to show some forehead. Total fringe is a disaster for him. 

• LOL 1