@Jiyuu I think yacht Expedition will be very different from Hometown Flex. It seems more focused on how they navigate challenges in the sea and a peak into their personalities through time away from home. And it’s a mix of guys and girls, the dynamics will be different and I think it won’t be bickering or making fun of each other like an all boys’ club. I’m actually looking forward to it! The posters seem very bright and cheery. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Jiyuu said:

We can watch it through the Hawaii Film Festival app/website next month (Nov 5-15). I think single tickets are around 15usd(?). Since we're not in the US we just need to use a VPN before watching. I use ProtonVPN for my Viki needs (because most of JH's older shows are available only in the US region). I like it because their basic plan is 100% free, easy to use and secure (no ads or spyware). I'm really excited!

A friend of mine called them and they said tickets will be around 8$ so even better! (I hope it’s true) They said we could purchase tickets starting today so I’ll check soon. 

@Prettysup Unfortunately some of us will never get to watch this on the big screen but a good sound system and/or good pair of headphones can help with appreciating the sounds :P

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Ding77 said:

I thought Gangneung is the name of a place, like Gangnam. Maybe like a place with a lot of gangsters haha. 

Yeah it is the name of a place, but it’s made up of 2 Hangul characters which means River Grave literally 

And we got the cast! I suspected Choi ji sub was in when I saw him liking the directors post earlier 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Yeah it is the name of a place, but it’s made up of 2 Hangul characters which means River Grave literally 

And we got the cast! I suspected Choi ji sub was in when I saw him liking the directors post earlier

Hehe..i spot familiar faces, the bad guy where Moo Jinhyuk fought with in Voice, the guy who played Bangwon's brother and Oh Hyun-Jae's doctor. The guy on his right also looked familiar.. but i cannot recall.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, azureblue7 said:

Hehe..i spot familiar faces, the bad guy where Moo Jinhyuk fought with in Voice, the guy who played Bangwon's brother and Oh Hyun-Jae's doctor. The guy on his right also looked familiar.. but i cannot recall.

Yah so familiar .. Is he from Urban Cops? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, azureblue7 said:

Maybe all Sidus artistes? Choi Ki-sub? For a moment, I got excited, I thought it was So Ji Sub haha. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

18 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Yah so familiar .. Is he from Urban Cops? 

No...i think he must have acted as the antagonist in one of rhe dramas I watched recently. Looks like Hyuk is up against quite a few fierce looking (except Choi kisup) gangsters.. 

17 minutes ago, Ding77 said:

Maybe all Sidus artistes? Choi Ki-sub? For a moment, I got excited, I thought it was So Ji Sub haha

Yes..it is Choi ki sub, his friend..hahaha! By the way, did you manage to check your inbox for my link to real man eng subbed eps?

Yeah!! Just read Soompi's new announcement, 

Back In June, an announcement was posted related to embedding  instagram posts and notified the community that these were no longer allowed upon a court’s ruling. We are pleased to inform you that embedding is not banned anymore 

:Megathanks:

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1

6 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

No...i think he must have acted as the antagonist in one of rhe dramas I watched recently. Looks like Hyuk is up against quite a few fierce looking (except Choi kisup) gangsters.. 

Yes..it is Choi ki sub, his friend..hahaha! By the way, did you manage to check your inbox for my link to real man eng subbed eps?

Yeah!! Just read Soompi's new announcement, 

Back In June, an announcement was posted related to embedding  instagram posts and notified the community that these were no longer allowed upon a court’s ruling. We are pleased to inform you that embedding is not banned anymore 

Ok his name is Kim Min-jae

Finally we can post ins links 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Did u mean to send the links to @Jiyuu? I've finished Real Men, raw mostly and watched those with eng subs many many times already. :P but anyway to answer your question, no, I didn't get the links in my inbox haha. 

• LOL 1

29 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Haha I can’t rem his name, but I rem it’s close to soh ji sub

Did Choi Ki Sub even get roles in dramas before he met JH? Me thinks JH keeps recommending him for things. He is the new (forgot the name of the other Friends in Croatia friend, anyway he is the new “that guy”) 

@Jiyuu I actually think you are smart trying to get the bad dramas out of the way first. Are you the kind of viewer who needs to “complete” everything or are you good at dropping stuff? Being the latter will makes things easier I guess. I really really want you to get to his good dramas. 

I am in the minority who didn’t like Gaekju because of his character and acting. I don’t mind the length if its a drama I can enjoy. The way I would describe this drama is “too much”. Too much crying, too many annoying characters, too much dumbness and righteousness on the part of the male lead. He was square and it’s the first time I found JH so unappealing. Still I watched the whole thing and still he managed to make me love him again in Beautiful Mind. But yeah, let us know what you think. 

I am in the minority that enjoyed Tazza. At least it has a plot that moves fast, a lot of action. JHs character is dumb and obnoxious and has terrible style, true, but I did find him and the whole thing entertaining (I think my expectations for older dramas is less, so it makes me more patient with them) I found Goni funny, while obnoxious. And yeah his acting was not subtle in this. He went all out with the screaming and the crying. To me the character was a bit crazy. I did watch it a while ago too. I might find it more cringey now that JH has improved significantly as an actor and given far superior performances. 

I love JH in WOL. I found the drama boring but I adore him in it. 

Anyway, I admire your “bravery” lol. I remember when I first watched Chuno and I fell deeply in love with JH, I was afraid to watch Midas because it had the worse reviews at the time. I didn’t want anything affecting my fragile blossoming love for him. But I eventually did and while I found his performance “correct”, it was meh. It still didn’t ruin my love lol, I just got over the “honeymoon” phase where I found everything about him amaaaaazing.

Interestingly I was not afraid to watch Tazza because I found good reviews of it at the time (times have changed lol) At the time I was more into “energetic”, “mercurial” JH. Now I’m more into his subtle more powerful and refined acting, where his character expresses everything with his eyes and rarely screams (Money Flower, Beautiful Mind, My Country) 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Jiyuu said:

I checked the link. Definitely now :)

Thanks for the Real Men link. I've only seen one episode of Hometown Flex and half of Urban Cops so I guess it's too early to give up on JH in variety shows. I will watch ep2 to wash away the ep1 after taste. I remember cringing that JH chose the seaside restaurant for their lunch (because it's too hot) but the others' complaints about the discomfort of walking and sun (I distinctly remember LSG's face whom I usually like in his dramas and interviews) felt very real to me and it seemed to make JH uncomfortable and he shrank even more into the background. One thing good I remember is that the old ladies manning the seaside restaurant recognized him immediately as Chuno. Ten years on and people still remember you for a role means it such a big, big deal I guess.

I actually didn't see the first episode. What I saw in the clips they released really annoyed me, so I didn't bother with watching it. But the second episode was better. JH was actually allowed to speak, and he told about his favorite movies and performances that inspired him. So that was interesting. Also, the met a vendor that remembered JH from the time he filmed Jungle Juice, and Simon Dominic's father came to see his son AND to tell JH that he was a fan of his. In addition to that  Lee Si Eon confessed to being a big fan of JH. This was especially gratifying after the first episode. <_< 
Lee Si Eon and JH had a really sweet moment together at the end... So yeah, the second episode was better.:) Even CTH showed a bit of concern for JH, for a change... 

One question I have is for the repeat co-stars thingie going on. Is it coincidence that a lot of his co-stars in previous dramas appear in the next? Or is it because of factors like same director or same genre etc.? I read that he recommended the Midas bad guy for TWDR but how about the others?

I think he's responsible for many of those repeat co-stars. I know he recomended LDH for Chuno, PSY for MF, and the second director from FTLY for MF. Didn't know about the guy from Midas... Also I don't think it's a coincidence that LMS appeared in WOL after they did MF together :) . And there is what I regard as "JH's posse"- Choi Ki Seob, Shin Seung Hwan and Ryu Seung Soo, that are close friends of his and appear in many of his shows. Just now, as was just posted by @Prettysup, Choi Ki Seob and other previous co-stars (seem like he really liked "his brother" from MC...) might be also cast in JH's new movie! :lol: I bet I'm missing some, but it's safe to say, JH takes care of his friends, and whoever works with him. wants to work with him again :D

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

So  I guess all these four will be against him?

But if he is the bad guy, then these 4 are the good ones? Hahah they certainly don’t look good to me. 

11 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

Did Choi Ki Sub even get roles in dramas before he met JH? Me thinks JH keeps recommending him for things. He is the new (forgot the name of the other Friends in Croatia friend, anyway he is the new “that guy”) 

U mean Shin Seung hwan? The crazy guy who drew numbers on the walls in TMWYS?

Anyway Choi ki sub is part of a long running popular comedy theater show. Drama is not his main job. 

• LOL 1

On 10/15/2020 at 11:19 PM, nyk said:

what scores do you give for the movie?

I would give it a 8/10 ^_^ 

20 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Minseok is a character that can be interpreted three-dimensionally rather than flat, so it has come to be attractive, and I am looking forward to being able to draw dreamy and colorful while communicating with the director.”

Wonder what he means by 3-dimension character... can i interpret this to be that he's not a total antagonist?  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

Oh I understand now ...Gangneung means 江陵 in Chinese, and literally it is indeed River’s grave!! 

I love the title. " River's grave " sounds very sad. I think the movie will be more into realistic and drama. Hope they reveal more story. 

About the poll

The Merchant Gaekju -  The story is very old-fashioned and dragging. Not sure if it's because Descendant of the Sun was not ready to air yet so they had to extend episodes of Gaekju. That's why it's very dragging and slow. Agree with @dramafan33 most of characters are very annoying. They're either too good or too bad. But JH appears 90% in it so I managed to finish it. He looks very cute. I love his hat with 2 fluffy balls on it. His acting is great. I love watching him cry his heart out. This drama answers my wish. 

2015-E21-151203-HDTV-H264-720p-WITH-mp4-

Wok of Love - His character is adorable and funny. But the story is very bad even his story is not convincing for me. I'm not really into anything for this drama. It's only drama which I skipped everything except JH's scenes. 

Tazza - It's long ago and I can't find it in HD so I haven't finished it yet. I watched only some scenes so can't comment on this.

@Jiyuu Have you watched 'Dragon's club Immature Bromance' yet? It's my most favorite. There are full 7 episodes with English subtitle on Youtube. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

@AgnesO Yes, three dimensional means that his character will have many aspects. A one dimensional character or flat is a character without depth. Three dimensional means something positive, it means the character will be complex. They also called him an anti-hero, which means he won’t be completely a villain but someone we may love to hate or simply love despite his flaws. JH sounds so hopeful for the character it has made me excited now. 

@Jiyuu Oh I forgot I wanted to tell you, I second @Ding77 recommendation for “Friends in Croatia”. It was such a wholesome show and JH looks beaaaautifullll in it! 

@Prettysup Yes, I tend to forget Shin Seung hwan name, I even copy pasted it cause I forget it if I blink lol 

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Well, look who it is... :) 

Is this JH's hand writing?  can anyone read this?

awwww so his two best friends appear in this movie. Great! :):)

the signature above looks similar to JH's. but not sure haha

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Well, look who it is... :) 

Is this JH's hand writing?  can anyone read this?

Speak of the devil haha.. I see many numbers on it, probably the scenes he’s required to appear in? 

8 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Ok his name is Kim Min-jae

Finally we can post ins links 

My bad, he should be Oh Dae-hwan 

• Like 3