How to tell difference between fake nice person and genuinely nice person?

Guest Charmingbestfriend96

Talk about reviving the dead threads :)

I think everyone has at least a little bad in them. Some are just way better at either hiding it or simply repressing it. Those who we think are saints, do have a flaw somewhere. Nobody's perfect. That's okay, we're only human. But it also means nobody is only nice all the time. Everybody has a limit. It's just a matter of finding it.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Maya Angelou said it best when she said, "When someone shows you who they are the first time believe them.." or something like that LoL. It's not always easy to spot the genuine ones from the fakes but everyone has instinct. Trust what your instincts are trying to tell you. If it's bad, leave. If it's good, keep. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Through time and experience, you'll start to notice who's being fake. I don't mean to ignore them. Be nice, but you don't have to be their friends. And don't go out with them. Don't refuse straightforwardly. Just give a good reason and say it in a way that won't offend them. Then they won't be a problem to you.

Now a fake smile doesn't always mean that person is trying to use you. That person could just be trying to make you feel good even if that person isn't happy about something not related to you.

If you are certain that person is trying to use you, then avoid that person without offending if possible. Those types of people are very manipulative. Just one of them can ruin an entire group relationship by making friends turn against each other.

I know people who are like that. In the long term, they end up with no real friends. The people who uses others only care about themselves. They might make themselves look popular on the outside, but everyone who knows them very well will notice.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I forgot I answered this LoL! Just noticed my reply above ha-ha, oh well (shrug) 

This is a tough one. One that I myself sort of find it hard to discern as well... 'Cause people are so complex, it's never a one-size-fits-all y'know what I mean?! 

I do know this - watch out for the seemingly "quiet ones". The ones that act all demure, gentle & whatnot. Normally they seem harmless but really they're wolf in sheep's clothing. I've been fooled too many times so yea. 

The important thing to look out for is consistency I guess?! Like if they are truly reliable in times of distress. That's a good sign to know who your true friends are

• 1 month later...

I would think a genuinely nice person would do things for you or go somewhere with you when you ask but never complains during or after said event and never expects you to return the favor. A genuinely good person is also not always the person who smiles all the time and seems cheerful; they may seem not the nicest sometimes, but good people will always respect what you have to say even though they do not agree with you. Also, they never, EVER talk behind your back!

• 1 month later...

If someone is nice to you when they think you have little then it's a good indication.  Once people know you are wealthy they will all treat you nice and it's next to impossible to tell which are faking and which are real.

• 10 months later...

I think you would have to watch how they interact with other friends or how they react to stressful situations. If they are a genuine person than you should see that in their reaction. A bad person will often react by blaming you or others. Or when popularity turns to a different page, they will leave you behind or tell you that you don't think or look the way you should.

Some people have gotten really good at faking it so it can be hard to tell.

Personally, I find that genuinely nice people are nice to everyone (even to strangers and even when they have nothing to gain). I like to observe how people act toward other people, how they deal with situations especially those who or which aren't favourable to them. Genuinely nice people are nice even to those who are mean to them. They remain nice even when under stressful or unfavourable conditions. So you can't tell fake ones from genuine ones right off the bat. It takes time to know the type of person one is.

Archived