How to tell difference between fake nice person and genuinely nice person?

Guest Charmingbestfriend96

Guest Charmingbestfriend96

Any post/opinion is welcomed !

There are people who are genuinely nice but than there are people who act sweet and nice to get what they want or try to befriend u for their own advantage

From what I've observed... The genuinely nice people are found when they are very open at letting you see their bad side but they leave their "good side" as a mystery and up to you to observe... So that way, there's no point in hiding and faking... Until you find out by yourself all the genuine good side of that person and you'd know he's genuinely a nice person... If you don't find anything then he's either good at hiding his good side or he's just genuinely full of bad stuff...

Everyone has something "bad" in them... It's nicer to let the person know it right away than letting it be a bad surprise (when the person finds out later). Good surprises are always best! I think it's cool to honestly say "I'm sorry I feel like I tend to artificially be a super nice person at the beginning but I don't think I'm that nice for real... Just wanna let you know in advance... :tears: "... Honesty shows there and it makes you a genuinely nice person in my opinion to be that honest. B)

Guest hypermotard

It depends.  Sometimes you can see right through a person.  Someone fake probably will act different at different times.  It takes observation and getting to know the person..

hmm good question!

but i think only God knows who we really are in our heart...

i may think someone is just being fake, but he could think otherwise.

but if u ask me, based on my experience, u know someone is really a genuine person, when u felt her/his sincerity.

its like an "intuition"

u really have to be a good person-reader to distinguish between someone who is fake or not.

but u know what, it doesnt matter...

its in that person's conscience if that person is just using you.

so if ever u encounter someone who is just using u for her/his benefit, let him be.

coz God will be the one who will judge that person at the end, as long as u stayed as a good person, that's all that matters :)

Guest monkeyinabarrel

pay attention on how they act around with various people, more specifically strangers. Usually fake people tend to treat the "lower" (people who dont have any value that the person can get from) people worse.

Guest StellarEffect

Hm. I don’t think there’s a“right” answer to this, but I do believe in giving all people the benefit of the doubt. Even if that person starts off with the wrong intentions in pursuing a friendship with you, if they are a decent human being, I think they can have a change in heart if they perceive you to be someone who is genuinely a good person. Of course, there will always be those that still take advantage of and hurt you, but ultimately, I think it’s better to live life being open-minded of everyone then to be mistrustful of everyone. Don't let yourself undermine the nature of other people just because of your own biases and prejudices. 

It is difficult to determine how to differentiate between someone who is fake and someone who is real. There is no clear definition of what is considered fake or real because everyone is different and some cover up their lies better than others. If you hang out with someone long enough, and get to know them better, you usually find out whether they are real or fake by their words and actions. But as usual, there are those who do it so well and will go all the way to use someone that their fake personality is never uncovered.. or at least not until they step over the line. Just think of a relationship between a couple. How can one tell if the other person truly loves them and everything they see is what defines the person? The fact that there are married couples who divorce many years later is your answer. It is not possible to tell whether someone is either being fake or real. It is a hit and miss no matter who you meet.

pay attention on how they act around with various people, more specifically strangers. Usually fake people tend to treat the "lower" (people who dont have any value that the person can get from) people worse.

I don't necessarily think that's the case. Watch how a person behaves when they don't think they are being judged. Watch what they try to keep more covert. 

Artifically nice people will proclaim they are nice, whether subtly or overtly. They also tend to complain about how nice people never get a chance (cf. the 'nice guys' who always complain about getting walked over by girls). 

Truly nice people don't do things for notice. They don't do things to get girls. They do it because they genuinely feel compassion for others, and a lot of the times it's hard to pick up because someone who seems to have a scraggy, mean demeanor and appearance could be the same person who secretly volunteers at the local soup kitchen every saturday (just pulling an example). 

And I agree with the posters before. They will show their insecurities. They will show you that they are fallible, and that they're human just like you, because it's a sense of empathy when you can connect your problems with someone else and admit that you need help too. The ones that act all cerebral, and try to solve every little problem they get given, instead of sometimes just offering a hug are the pretentious ones in my eyes. You don't treat your friends like babies and tell them how to solve their problems. You support them, and let them learn from their own mistakes.

Sorry kinda rambling now haha. 

Guest Want2LoveU

How can someone be a genuine nice person? Is there like universal fundamental principles? I mean there must be theoretical approach to setting to standards as to what is considered the right way of a genuinely nice person. If not is it inborn into us? Or is it taught from a young age?

I am not even sure, if I am genuinely nice person. I have got compliments of being a nice person, but not genuinely nice person. I don't want to think of myself as one because I can be mean to people. But in reality being a genuinely nice person has to be verified by other people not yourself. Just because you think you are genuinely nice doesn't make you so in the eyes of others. So when someone asks me to describe myself I don't know how to approach that answer. I could say I am caring, kind, and nice, but do people see that in me? Or is it just me? If its just me doesn't that really just make my word lies? When you think of someone as a genuinely nice person, than he might be just pretending. Especially if they are extremely nice to girls, and treat other people mini cooper like my cousin.

Sometimes you can tell right away, but sometimes only time can tell.

I found out my friend since childhood, of 15 years, wasn't the least concerned with me when I texted her I broke my ankle but instead replied if I could send her my notes from last year and reports I got good grades on. That gave me a wake-up call.

Guest lullerbye

I don't think there's ever really a "genuine nice person." It's just impossible to put any label on any person. We're just people. Everyone has the potential to be nice and everyone has the potential to be rotten. Every person has their ups and downs. Some people are still changing who they are and discovering themselves which is why sometimes their actions can be misleading. That's not the only reason though. It's scary how some people can just change their lifestyle and point of view in the blink of an eye. It's kind of like when you break up with someone you made promises with, yet a week after you break up they already have a new lover. Their point of view just changed rapidly. Everyone does things they regret and I don't think people should judge anyone on their past. But again, I don't believe anyone can truly be fake. Beneath those superficial actions there is a regular human being under there. Someone with empathy and insecurities. (Unless of course if this person has a mental disorder and have no sympathy. ex: serial killers.)

Everyone has shared their opinions about other people(whether it's good or bad) or have had some sort of materialistic craze, but I don't think that those things should be held against anyone. 

Some people are just mean. Being mean isn't fake. If you meet a "friend" who talks to you with ulterior motives, just stop talking to them. You never really know until you talk to them! Once you get to observe them it can be pretty obvious to tell what their true intentions are. Just watch out for people who's opinions constantly change. They'll talk to you and they agree with everything you say. Then the next day they talk to someone else who has completely different beliefs from you and agrees with them too. They're trying to get on everyone's good side, but those are the friends who can end up hurting you the most. I hope this helps!

• 1 month later...
Guest HERMIT

WELL, ONLINE-WISE I CAN TELL IF A PERSON WAS INSINCERE MERELY BY THE WAY THEY POST OR IN THE MANNER OF HOW THEY MIGHT REPLY TO YOU.

I MEAN, IT COULD BE SOMETHING SUBTLE - LYK, JUST IN THE IMPLIED TONE OF WHAT THEY WRITE, YOU KNOW WHAT I AM SAYING?!?

BUT OTHER TIMES, YOU CAN ALSO TELL A PERSON IS SINCERE ONLINE BECAUSE THEIR POSTS ARE PERSONAL, THOUGHT OUT, AND WRITTEN IN A SOOTHING AND INFORMATIVE WAY THAT'S BENEFICIAL TO ALL READERS.

YOU UNDERSTAND NOW?

EH, N/M.

Guest Boonmie

I don't really think about it. I can just see straight  through people, which is why I chose to study for the career that I did (psychiatry)

• 4 years later...

This is a reply to all of the comments. Not everyone has some bad in them. 

People who show some of the bad in them and still act good are not necessarily good. Oh you mean that they don't act fake and phoney at the same time and like something they're not and promoting lies. Got it never mind.

Some of the worst people I know have a lot lot lot of friends who they fool and who think they're nice and wonderful people. They even ACT (get it ACT) like really nice great people. They are not. Even nice good people think they're nice and great. They are fooling them. People need to learn how to figure these things out. Figure it out. Stop being idiots.

One of the things that I noticed is that the fake ones who wanted something from me were bossy. If I didn't do what they demanded, then they tried to make me feel guilty about it. They even got angry. It turned out that all of them wanted to take advantage of me. When these people boss someone around, they're seeing if the person is the right victim for them. If I see a person with that type of bossy personality, I try to stay away from that person as much as possible. These people are afraid to take advantage of a person who can sense a fake person. My friend wasn't afraid to express his annoyance at a person who was bossing us around. That person never tried to take advantage of my friend after that, but he gossipped about my friend behind his back. When I looked at how he acted so nice to my friend and then gossipped so negatively behind my friend's back, I got the feeling that the person did the same to me when he was nice to me.

Archived