Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

3 hours ago, frozentundra said:

If anyone finds an original source for this, please do post a link. I feel like this has gone through the telephone game being translated through several languages, and I'd just like to see the original. 

https://share.api.weibo.cn/share/241305812.html?weibo_id=4666579993760531

This is a link to the original source of the information. Apparently it's the Weibo account for a company called Han Ying TV, a Chinese streaming service. If you copy and paste what they wrote, there is a bit more information that wasn't shared in the tweet I shared earlier. I'm not sure if I'm reading this right, but it sounds like Jongsuk's character is the lawyer of a murder case but after getting into a car accident, he's framed and suddenly arrested for the crime? Like I said, maybe I'm wrong. Anybody reading it differently?

• Like 3

that synopsis doesn't seem to say he necessarily was the lawyer working on the case, but maybe he's connected, it seems he got introduced to a case (don't know if that's the same case or not). i wonder if he's going to play a grey character... i would love that. i wonder if his character is actually "accidentally" the culprit or if it will be revealed that somehow he's really involved in the crime.

• Like 5

Thanks for the link, @hilllllllly, as well as the explanation of whose account it is. Normally I'd look at a foreign fan account as a secondary source that may or may not be accurate, but if this is an official streaming service, that does lend quite a bit more reliability to the equation. I wish I could read Chinese as the machine translation comes off clunky, but it sounds super interesting! So his character's actions inadvertently lead to the death of three people (via this accident? Not sure there) and then he is arrested for the murder and everyone assumes he is this criminal named Big Mouth (or Big Mouse?) He is not that person, but now that he's in jail he needs to lie big so that no one finds out and hurts him/his family? That's quite a creative plotline. I hope it airs quickly after filming!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, frozentundra said:

Thanks for the link, @hilllllllly, as well as the explanation of whose account it is. Normally I'd look at a foreign fan account as a secondary source that may or may not be accurate, but if this is an official streaming service, that does lend quite a bit more reliability to the equation. I wish I could read Chinese as the machine translation comes off clunky, but it sounds super interesting! So his character's actions inadvertently lead to the death of three people (via this accident? Not sure there) and then he is arrested for the murder and everyone assumes he is this criminal named Big Mouth (or Big Mouse?) He is not that person, but now that he's in jail he needs to lie big so that no one finds out and hurts him/his family? That's quite a creative plotline. I hope it airs quickly after filming!

Thanks for the translation @frozentundra
Jong Suk would be like thrown into a cell, have to mix with rowdy, quarrelsome in-mates / criminals.  Guess he would have to act rough, no?  apart from being smart and perhaps, a smooth talker.    Have seen him acting dorky or silly but not this character - Aww, I can't wait.

Would it be hard on him cause he is such a sweet, gentle person.  
And thanks @hilllllllly for that weibo link.

• Like 3

What does everybody think this photoshoot is for? I know he's wearing Prada again, so it could be an ad campaign for them, but he also wore Prada in his Elle photoshoot. It's a little late for him to be shooting for a magazine that will be coming out this month, but we don't know when these pictures were taken either. I'm going to hope for a magazine feature/cover that gives us more than just a few pictures. He's beautiful, but I really miss seeing him talk and hearing his thoughts about things.

10 hours ago, jongkkot said:

that synopsis doesn't seem to say he necessarily was the lawyer working on the case, but maybe he's connected, it seems he got introduced to a case (don't know if that's the same case or not).

I'm kind of blending what we already know with what this new write-up is saying. The original synopsis said...

“Big Mouth” is a drama that follows the bizarre things that happen when a third-rate lawyer coincidentally takes charge of a murder case and digs deeper into the hidden truth. It is a record of the battles faced by a lawyer of the lower middle class who must become more evil than the villains in order to protect himself and his family and punish the bad guys in a world full of conspiracies and greed over power and capital.

Is it possible that this was mis-translated and it should really say that he was charged for a murder? If not, it does look like he's been hired to work a murder case before anything else happens. 

@frozentundra, I had a little more success with the post when I translated it from Chinese to Korean instead... but not much. Basically, he is arrested for a murder, placed in a dangerous prison, and becomes a con-artist to protect his family. All of the details are pretty fuzzy though. And Yoona's character is going to side with her husband and try to get his name cleared. It sounds very interesting! Honestly, when we originally heard about the drama, it felt a little lackluster and made me wonder what Jongsuk saw in it. I thought it sounded a lot like WYWS if Jongsuk played the role of a Lee Yoobeom... but with a conscience. It sounded like he was going to play a lawyer whose forced to make corrupt decisions for the sake of his family. What we're reading now sounds much more original and intricate. I can finally see why he was drawn to the role. Never doubt Jongsuk's ability to pick a good drama, right? 

14 minutes ago, kembie said:

Jong Suk would be like thrown into a cell, have to mix with rowdy, quarrelsome in-mates / criminals.  Guess he would have to act rough, no?  apart from being smart and perhaps, a smooth talker.    Have seen him acting dorky or silly but not this character - Aww, I can't wait.

The closest he's played to this kind of character is Kang Chul, so I'm very excited! I'm really glad he was able to find a role unlike what he's done in the past. I have always thought of him as versatile but lately I've seen people (who probably just don't like him, let's be real) saying he always plays the same character. As if. They argue that all of his characters are geniuses of some sort, so this will even be different in their eyes. 

• Like 3

I have liked 99.9% of all of Jongsuk's choices thus far, so I suspect there is good stuff to look forward to here. :) And yes, what we're reading now does sound a lot more interesting! When I saw who was getting cast (including the funny guy from Crash Landing), I started seeing more complex possibilities (like some humor as well as lots of bad guys, we'll see). And now this. I'm looking forward to it!

5 minutes ago, hilllllllly said:

He's beautiful, but I really miss seeing him talk and hearing his thoughts about things.

Agree. In a country where plastic surgery is plentiful, literally anyone can be beautiful on the outside. What makes people different is how they treat others, how they meet challenges, how they deal with success, and what kinds of things they think about. Sure, he's easy on the eyes, but I'm a fan because of what goes on on the inside of his head. So yes, I love reading his interviews and always hope for more. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, hilllllllly said:

What does everybody think this photoshoot is for? I know he's wearing Prada again, so it could be an ad campaign for them, but he also wore Prada in his Elle photoshoot. It's a little late for him to be shooting for a magazine that will be coming out this month, but we don't know when these pictures were taken either. I'm going to hope for a magazine feature/cover that gives us more than just a few pictures. He's beautiful, but I really miss seeing him talk and hearing his thoughts about things.

... I thought it sounded a lot like WYWS if Jongsuk played the role of a Lee Yoobeom... but with a conscience. It sounded like he was going to play a lawyer whose forced to make corrupt decisions for the sake of his family. What we're reading now sounds much more original and intricate. I can finally see why he was drawn to the role. Never doubt Jongsuk's ability to pick a good drama, right? 

Did he purposely show us a blur video because something new is coming?  I do hope it's something new.  Even if it's not, that is so thoughtful of JS to post it today.   I know he will try to find time to post - he is one celeb who does share and connect with his fans despite his busy schedule.  

Sorry to cut your post @hilllllllly   Jong Suk is known in the industry for picking good dramas, yes!  I have been reading here and there on the plots and can't help being excited about it.  Just that we have to wait till next year to see it.  

20 minutes ago, hilllllllly said:

The closest he's played to this kind of character is Kang Chul, so I'm very excited! I'm really glad he was able to find a role unlike what he's done in the past. I have always thought of him as versatile but lately I've seen people (who probably just don't like him, let's be real) saying he always plays the same character. As if. They argue that all of his characters are geniuses of some sort, so this will even be different in their eyes. 

Just saw this bit of yours.  As KC, he is a rich handsome chaebol from a manhwa world.   Ahh @hilllllllly  LJS is not the first to be "attacked" by antis who claimed that he often played similar roles / characters.   They just could not stand his popularity or ranking.  

12 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

Agree. In a country where plastic surgery is plentiful, literally anyone can be beautiful on the outside. What makes people different is how they treat others, how they meet challenges, how they deal with success, and what kinds of things they think about. Sure, he's easy on the eyes, but I'm a fan because of what goes on on the inside of his head. So yes, I love reading his interviews and always hope for more. 

Well put @frozentundra    He is beautiful inside and out.   

A person who is very honest and sincere when he speaks.  Plus he practices self-criticism and is professional and responsible in his work.   I like this quality of his personality.   Am encouraged by his growth and efforts all these years. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, hilllllllly said:

someone pointed out that what he's wearing is part of a prada collection that's been already released, so they didn't think it was for prada specifically, but a magazine photoshoot. just reporting what i saw. ^_^ 

i'm not sure what to think of it, like i don't know if it's for a magazine or for an ad, and i'm up for anything he has for us, but i thought it would be nice to share a point of view to speculate some more.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, jongkkot said:

someone pointed out that what he's wearing is part of a prada collection that's been already released, so they didn't think it was for prada specifically, but a magazine photoshoot. just reporting what i saw. 

Yeah, I think I saw something about that too. Whether it was taken today (/yesterday) or last week, I think it's possible that it'll be part of a magazine feature! I'm honestly hoping for that.

One thing I've been reflecting on is just how busy he's been. When we don't hear much for a few months, it's really easy to become irritable and feel let down. I know I did on and off for the last little while. But now that Decibel has finished filming and he shared behind the scenes of a photoshoot he's working on the second it ended... it just makes me feel happy and touched that he cares enough to do all of this for us. The second he was discharged, he started working. The second Witch 2 finished, he started Decibel. The second Decibel ended, he did this shoot. Before it ended, he was doing the table read for Big Mouth. I mean, how could you not feel grateful or notice all the work he's been putting in? 

I fully believe that once Jongsuk has projects to promote, he will have more to post about and there will be a more continuous communication flow between us. I kept telling that to myself and others while things were quiet, and seeing him post from a photoshoot just a day after filming wrapped up really reassured me that I'm probably right. This is a very unprecedented time in the world... and Jongsuk's career. It certainly can't be compared to anything else. What I do know is that he hasn't given himself much time to even breathe between all the projects he's working on for us. That shows his heart more than anything else. 

• Like 3