Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

glass13.jpg

Son Ye Jin updates!!

Spring

syj-update.jpg

syj-update2.jpg

Lee Min Jung left a funny comment again. You need to repot your head/your head needs repotting lol..

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMlzk2UHs9Q/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMl0EOVn1uD/

One of the many articles lol

Lee Min Jung Savagely Jokes About The Flowers On Son Ye Jin’s Head In A Recent Post

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/lee-min-jung-jokes-flowers-son-ye-jin-head/

She also updated on Glass China on her Red account and included music :) 

Spoiler

Some nice words from Glass China Executive Director

Spoiler

On 3/14/2021 at 11:16 AM, Seriya said:

Haven't been able to find TAOS but I just finished watching Spellbound.  Hmm it actually wasn't as all out comedic as I expected, kind of melancholic in parts actually and then turned melo as well.  Even though I thought White Night didn't work well on a number of levels, I thought it was overall more interesting than Spellbound which was kind of meh for me. 

I was disappointed with Spellbound, because I think it's the rare movie that SYJ didn't have chemistry with the lead actor, and it's not SYJ's fault. The lead actor was just so wooden and stiff. It didn't do anything for me. Contrast that to WN and TN, in which SYJ didn't have a lot of actual screen time with her co-leads, but was still able to generate a lot of chemistry. 

I always say that because SYJ's acting talent is just on a different level, she can easily act circles around those who are inferior to her, and it's not like she's doing it intentionally. She's just that good. I felt that way watching Spellbound, and I also felt that way watching SITR. Sorry to JHI fans, but SYJ just acted circles around him in that series. 

On 3/6/2021 at 12:09 PM, SonBender said:

CLOY is well-written, so the funny parts--of which there are many--are truly funny. But it also has its share of violence, crime and heartache.

For me, the darkest elements of the series were the issues with mental health. It's more pronounced on YSR's side, but even RJH was dealing with it. They just dealt with depression a different way. RJH's reaction to depression (due to his brother's death) was to isolate himself from everyone, while YSR's reaction was more visceral - she attempted suicide. That's some dark stuff right there. I've always thought that bridge scene didn't make sense because when RJH asked YSR to take a picture of him and Seo Dan, they walked so far away from where they eventually took the picture. And I was like "Man, if I have to walk so far away to take a freaking stranger's picture, I would have said no. You're asking me a favor, and then asking me to go a long way away from where I was at????" But someone pointed out that it seemed RJH read the situation perfectly, and it was his way to divert YSR away from her suicidal thoughts, and eventually, her attempted suicide.

On 3/17/2021 at 10:50 AM, Seriya said:

If there was one scene from CLOY you would pick to be included in her highlight reel, what would it be? For me, it would probably be one of her crying scenes.  Or a comedic scene that could translate without dialogue

My favorite dramatic scene of hers was their reunion at the border. Her cry while running towards RJH was so guttural, you could tell it was all YSR in that moment and SYJ was totally gone. Just a masterclass in acting. 

(I am still bitter that Baeksang basically overlooked her work in CLOY because CLOY dealt with SK-NK issues and that her role wasn't 100% dramatic :rolleyes: )

My favorite comedic scene was when she was dressing up RJH and the store lady was flirting with him. She basically marked her territory while subtly pushing the lady away. And when the lady commented "I didn't know you were just dating, I thought you were already married!" - that facial expression of hers was something to behold. 

A close second was when her first attempt to escape NK got thwarted, and she was arguing with RJH at the dock. She was arguing that the kiss at the boat meant nothing to her, but was so insulted when it was RJH's turn to downplay it. 

• Like 1

On 3/4/2021 at 9:13 AM, SonBender said:

White Night must have been a difficult role for Yejin. I had to watch it twice to figure out all the characters. And I still don't feel like I have a 100% understanding of the details. I heard a Korean say that the English subs sometimes do not capture the subtle nuances of a conversation. It certainly is a dark movie, although I thought Blood and Ties and The Truth Beneath were easier to follow in that genre.

While WN was also dark for me, I had an easier time following it than The Truth Beneath, because honestly, the latter was so furiously edited, and there were times I cannot follow the story anymore. WN had its own timeline issues (sometimes it was hard to follow whether they were in present time, or they were in the 15 years ago timeline), but the scenes had better flow because it wasn't as edited as TTB.

TTB was some pyscho stuff, but WN was another mindf*ck in a different level. SYJ's character asked GS to sexually assault her future stepdaughter, then later on comes in her room, naked and forcibly holds her, telling the teenager that when she remembers the attempted sexual assault, that she would also remember SYJ comforting her with her own naked body!!

WN gets talked a lot because of her sex scenes, but that scene above involved nudity with NO sex and it was the most disturbing part of the movie.

• Like 1

EVENT: Tweak my oppa! COMPETITION - Win prizes! :love:

Now you have a chance to show us your photo editing skills and promote your oppa or favorite drama!

Tweak a picture of your oppa, a drama poster and/or a picture we Event Organizers have picked out for you.

You don't have to be a master of photoshopping in order to participate. There are lots of free SW and apps available to edit pictures, even on your phone. So don't be shy! :kiss_wink:

We have great prizes for the winners! :partyblob:

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @Lmangla @Sleepy Owl

• Wiggle 1

Son Ye-jin, the face of Valentino.Global Campaign

image_readbot_2021_269155_16163759574581

image_readtop_2021_269155_16163759564581

image_readmed_2021_269155_16163759574581

Actor Son Ye-jin was selected as Valentino's Divas and her global advertising campaign was unveiled on the 22nd.

This season, Piel Paolo Picholi is starting a new "DI."The VAs) campaign is an ideal and challenge that Valentino seeks. It includes accepting free self-expression in order to acknowledge differences and pursue truth, and an intellectual attitude that is romantic and empathic. The Divas campaign, which will be Valentino's inspiration and word, will be presented through each persona.

In this advertisement, Son Ye-jin drew attention by completing a global campaign with an elegant beauty and atmosphere in a place reminiscent of Itaewon's streets, as well as eyes full of charm. Son Ye-jin showed off the standard of luxury look, highlighting her bag and ballerina shoes with Roman stud details.

The global campaign will emphasize local values in Asia and implement Maison's values to become a true cultural ambassador and spread Valentino's values, which will be used for marketing in a variety of ways from March on and off-line.

Meanwhile, Son Ye-jin is busy with domestic and international advertising projects and is struggling to select her next film regardless of drama or film.

http://isplus.live.joins.com/news/article/article.asp?total_id=24017020

Spoiler

valentino2.jpg

valentino3.jpg

valentino.jpg

updated more added

Spoiler

v6.jpg

v8.jpg

v5.jpg

On 3/19/2021 at 9:07 PM, slowpoked said:

And I was like "Man, if I have to walk so far away to take a freaking stranger's picture, I would have said no. You're asking me a favor, and then asking me to go a long way away from where I was at????" But someone pointed out that it seemed RJH read the situation perfectly, and it was his way to divert YSR away from her suicidal thoughts, and eventually, her attempted suicide.

I've watched CLOY twice and my thoughts on the bridge scene are that RJH immediately knew she was contemplating suicide. The drama brings out that fate had connected them with each other. So he asked her to take the picture, knowing that her sense of propriety would cause her to agree, and then walked off the bridge. Many times when someone is contemplating suicide the goal is to get them somewhere else thinking about something else for a few minutes. In this case it worked, and allowed their meeting years later.

I found CLOY interesting and entertaining so it would be hard to choose certain scenes as "the best." Some good ones are when she left him standing on the land mine, when she complemented the other soldiers and ignored him, when he came to her rescue on the motorcycle, when she returned to her family in SK, when she met him at the border. I also liked several of the scenes with Seo Dan. So many great scenes--and it fits together so well.

SMART Behind The Scenes - from her agency youtube

wave.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75DRRWJ3aRc

They posted on a lot of magazine accounts about SYJ and Valentino. It's same message. templae. Here is one post:

#Advertising Maison Valentino has unveiled a global ad campaign with actress Son Ye-jin! As a representative of Korea, Son Ye-jin, along with Guan Xiatong in China and Kōki in Japan, will be selected as a model for this campaign, emphasizing local values and realizing Maison's values to spread the brand's value as a true cultural ambassador. In this campaign, which is an ideal and challenge pursued by Valentino, we offer an attitude of freely accepting self-expression and an intellectual attitude that is romantic and empathic in order to acknowledge differences and pursue the truth. Meet the Divas campaign now, which will be Valentino's inspiration and word.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMtW01Sjq2_/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

From Valentino account:

valentino4.jpg

#ValentinoDiVas: a magnetic collection of personalities and stories, featuring Son Ye-Jin (@yejinhand).

Dressed in a bright pink look and under the lights of Seoul, the actress is the latest Valentino DiVa, photographed here for a new chapter of #ValentinoCollezioneMilano

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMucBlXp2t-/

• Like 1

Son Ye Jin updated her RED account with Valentino

https://www.xiaohongshu.com/discovery/item/60580703000000000102f002?xhsshare=CopyLink&appuid=600e6c3400000000010017b0&apptime=1616385432

Valentino's Twitter post and they also put SYJ pics as their Twitter header

valentinol2.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMu9eWAJ6Dn/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

@slowpoked I think they made her look more "Asian" feel.. base on make up. I think it was part of the campaign idea.

Behind the scenes /make up from mujin

Spoiler

Valentino Divas (DI.VAs) and Son Ye-jin

syj-insta.jpg

The visuals of the DI.VAs campaign with Valentino and Son Ye-jin have finally been released.

In the new season, the'DI.VAs' campaign launched by Valentino's creative director Pielpaolo Picouli is the ideal and challenge the House pursues. The main motto is to admit differences and sympathize with those who freely express themselves in order to pursue the truth, while at the same time not losing a romantic and intellectual attitude. 'Truth' defined by Valentino is the power to express oneself through constant exploration without compromise, to recognize diversity within the community and to take risks.

The pursuit of different values through different voices and different opinions. This is the key message of the Maison Valentino campaign this season. The three personas featured in the Divas campaign are Valentino's new global face and muse. Korean actor Son Yejin, China's Guan Xiatong, and Japan's Kōki were chosen as the main characters to continue Valentino's story. In three campaigns with different themes, each device expressed their contemporary aesthetic. Through their individuality, they showed wonderful charms representing Korea, China, and Japan.

gxt.jpg

The advertising campaign, modeled after Son Ye-jin, was captured on the camera with the concept of a photograph taken on the street through lighting reminiscent of a street light in Itaewon. Kwan Hyo-dong emphasized shades and colors on the music stage, and Kouki was inspired by 'Kakashiza Shadow Play Theatre' and captured it with a Japanese perspective.

The DiVas campaign emphasized the value of Asia with global personas that embody Ficholy's vision. Artists from all over the world who have experienced different cultures will realize the values of the same Maison and build relationships by becoming true cultural ambassadors. Let's look forward to the activities of Valentino and the three muse who will unfold the values that Valentino pursues in this era of no borders or borders.

http://www.wkorea.com/2021/03/23/발렌티노-디바스di-vas와-손예진/

• Like 1

Son Ye Jin will be endorsing Korean skincare brand, AHC - but looks like it will be in China(?)

- Other actresses like Kim Hye Soo, Oh Yeon Seo and most recently Krystal (announced earlier this month on social media as ambassador) endorse AHC - represent in Korea or globally.  More news soon

As an actress, she is professional and dedicated, and leads the viewing frenzy of Korean dramas with her acting skills and strength. After years of acting work, what remains unchanged is the amazing beauty and skin condition that can withstand the big screen! This time, she came to surprise with Millie Cheats AHC Purple Filter Essence, to refine the skin, improve fine lines, protect the skin's youth, and not be afraid to shoot face. Who is she? Surprise will be announced tomorrow!

• Like 1

@puan iryantie the term at the moment is being more used as "muse" . The global brand ambassador is Zendaya and Valentino has other brand ambassadors too in China etc.. YSR is fashion icon - all her luxury brands including Valentino and many others hehee..

Spackman Media Group's press release

Spackman Media Group Artist Son Ye-jin Selected As Valentino’s Muse

• Represented by MSteam Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the associated company of Spackman Entertainment Group, Spackman Media Group, iconic Korean actress Son Ye-jin chosen to grace luxury fashion brand Valentino's worldwide campaign

SINGAPORE - Media OutReach - 23 March 2021 - Spackman Entertainment Group Limited ("Spackman Entertainment Group" or the "Company" and together with its subsidiaries, the "Group"), one of Korea's leading entertainment production groups, wishes to announce that Korean megastar Son Ye-jin of MSteam Entertainment Co., Ltd. ("MSteam Entertainment"), a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Group's associated company, Spackman Media Group Limited ("Spackman Media Group") has been selected as luxury fashion brand Valentino's muse.

Son Ye-jin shall grace the luxury fashion brand's worldwide campaign. On 22 March 2021, Valentino unveiled a global advertising campaign featuring Son Ye-jin that seeks to portray self-expression, truth-seeking and intellectual attitude that is both romantic and empathetic.

Previously, Son Ye-jin was the face of Crocodile's woman apparel and Smart Communications Inc., a leading telecommunications service provider in the Philippines.

Son Ye-jin's latest tvN K-drama, CRASH LANDING ON YOU, achieved massive record-breaking viewership success in Korea and became a top hit in Japan, attaining #1 on Japan's Netflix for four months. The K-drama was one of the top 10 Most Watched Netflix Shows in the United States. Son Ye-jin was awarded the Hallyu Drama Best Actress Award at the 15th Seoul International Drama Awards for her role in CRASH LANDING ON YOU.

Her recent films include BE WITH YOU (2018), THE NEGOTIATION (2018) and THE LAST PRINCESS (2016), all of which were invested by the Group and/or Spackman Media Group. 

In 2018, Son Ye-jin's performance in BE WITH YOU, which broke the all-time first week box office historical record for romance film in Korea, clinched her the Best Actress Award at the Seoul Awards.  Son Ye-jin also received the Prime Minister's Commendations at the 2018 Korean Popular Culture & Arts Awards and won the Best Actress for Hallyu Dramas at the 2018 Seoul International Drama Awards, underscoring her international status as an iconic Korean actress. 

In 2016, Son Ye-jin won the Best Actress Award in the 2017 Baeksang Arts Awards based on her performance in THE LAST PRINCESS.

https://www.media-outreach.com/View/70105/spackman-media-group-artist-son-ye-jin-selected-as-valentinos-muse

• Like 1

You can now find Son Ye Jin on the Korean site of Valentino when shopping :) 

A collection that represents a progressive attitude with creative expression

We are releasing 'Valentino Divas', a global advertising campaign with actor Son Ye-jin.

https://www.valentino.com/ko-kr/experience/valentino-collezione-milano-woman

They haven't released her video/film yet. So that is not on the website yet. Otherwise, Valentino has been still updating their SNS accounts with SYJ.

valentino-l5.jpg

#ValentinoDiVas: a diverse cast of voices and values, brought together under a collective narrative.
For #ValentinoCollezioneMilano, Son Ye-Jin (@yejinhand) is photographed throughout Seoul in the new collection, featuring a macramé jacket and crepe couture skort, and the new Valentino Garavani #RomanStud Top Handle bag.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMz4JJaJo0W/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

The photographer made a black and white version in his instagram story. So it looked cool

valentino-bw.png

• Like 1

@puan iryantiethey're usually posted later - it depends. Sometimes they answer a few questions 

posted on official weibo accounts

Son Ye Jin and Krystal - AHC Ad

Son Ye Jin and Valentino film

on official instagram now:

The Valentino DiVa is independent and free, unafraid and inspiring.

In a cinematic exploration of Seoul, Son Ye-Jin (@yejinhand) stars as the latest member of the #ValentinoDiVas, a symbol of Valentino’s values of empathy and strength.

Discover the looks she wears, including the Valentino Garavani #RomanStud accessories, shot for #ValentinoCollezioneMilano, by visiting the link in bio.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CM13A3mInHx/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

from official Glass Magazine account:

Glass is proud to present our first cover reveal in conjunction with the launch of our Chinese edition, Glass China. This Son Ye-jin cover is one of three that graces the launch issue, and we are honoured to feature it in the global issue too, as a special commemoration of this exciting time.

Rising to fame in romance-themed films and television series, Son Ye-jin had become a household name in South Korea in her early twenties. When she secured a lead role in the series Crash Landing on You, the third highest-rated South Korean TV drama in cable television history, her legacy in the genre was sealed. Its release globally on Netflix in 2019 welcomed Son Ye-jin to the international stage and guided her to her latest project, The Cross, in which she makes her Hollywood debut opposite Sam Worthington. Exact plot details are underwraps but the story is set in a diverse, albeit dystopian country where the rich and the poor are separated by a giant wall. Not a far stretch, some may argue, from the state of today’s society…
In juxtaposition to its concept, the film offers a metaphorical bridge between the east and west to mould the narrative in the media. “Right now, more and more diverse Asian cultures are gaining attention and interest [from international viewers]”, Ye-jin says.
We hope Glass China can be part of that bridge too.

Glass China is available to pre-order on the Weidian App, where there is an official online store.
From today, Glass China will be sold in bookstores and newsstands in China.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CM1nLkIALtk/

• Like 1

SYJ has leveraged her post CLOY popularity to model three clothing lines, CL, BAU and Valentino, which is rare since most brands lock up models as exclusive for the contract time period. In cosmetics and health care, it is more product specific exclusivity. Since CLOY, it appears she has focused on CFs and her dating news did not drop off international interest in her. It seems she spent 2020 enhancing her model status. In fact, the Valentino endorsement takes her out of Asia to now a top model for a global, premier brand. 

The Valentino endorsement may bring her more international interest than the Actor 200 project. In recent articles writers have used the term "struggle" for her to find her next acting project (which is an odd term but I checked it twice). We know she is constantly sent scripts but she has not been linked to any project since August 2020 (the ill-fated Moon-River drama) and the stalled Cross project.  She has said she wants new challenges and an English/Hollywood movie would be one. Because of her record number of CFs, she can wait for a special film project. But she has not had a drama/film shoot in more than a year. There is an old casting movie saying "out of sight, out of mind."  Then again, there are shippers who believe that her current work project is tending her HB relationship.

• Like 1
  • Unamused 2