Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

SYJ seems like a mature, level headed person.  So hopefully she's handling the unprecedented level of interest in her private life well, but yes, it's got to be overwhelming, especially for such a private individual.  But she's got a supportive partner, team, family and friends to be there for her as she navigates this new reality of her celebrity.  Hopefully they can still maintain their privacy, the interest from media will be less in due course and fans can be respectful and not be intrusive.  I just hope people can continue to appreciate SYJ as her own person, serious actress, and not just be seen through the lens as HB's gf.  And I hope all the questions and assumptions and pressures about marriage and babies and all of that don't crash land on her, as the woman, as they often do, from the media and fans.  Hope she is allowed time and space to keep her private life private or share whatever she wants when she feels comfortable to do so again.

On a lighter note, thanks for that walk down SYJ's fashion memory lane.  Many great looks but 2 of my all time faves are missing!  The white off shoulder flowing dress at the film festival red carpet which is her best all time red carpet look imo & her casual look in the grey coat at HB's movie premiere. 

Is white SYJ's fave colour? Or she just wears it a lot cause she looks good in it?  Who is her stylist, by the way?  One of my least favourite looks was probably the safety pin dress when she sat next to HB hahaha.

• Like 1

With the confirmation, kmedia, fans now associate everything BinJin. That can be burdensome to both parties. This is why korean celebrities keeps relationship to themselves. 

Anyway, I wanted to share this article/blog I read SYJ. And my reaction afeter reading it is....Holy COW!  (no pun intended) she really worked nonstop since her debut. No wonder why her nickname is "Cow Ye Jin". I'm glad she's really taking this time to rest. She deserves it. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/an-ultimate-fan-guide-to-son-ye-jin-011016071

• Like 1

Son Ye Jin is new model for Crocodile Ladies!

c4.jpg

Actor Son Ye-jin appears as a new face of 'Crocodile Lady'

'Crocodile Lady', a women's wear brand developed by fashion group Hyungji, announced that it plans to publicize the new women's daily casual wear concept in earnest with Son Ye-jin as the brand model from the 2021 S/S season.

On the 31st, Son Ye-jin warmed up the filming site by making Crocodile Lady's first photo shoot, perfectly digesting the various costumes of crocodile with her own aura, inspiring the resilience of the staff. This S/S season pictorial has a warm emotional Mediterranean style and esleisure feeling under the theme of'romantic provence'.

Crocodile Lady is planning to actively develop a variety of marketing activities that encompass online and offline advertising media, untouch fan signing events, store promotions and events, starting with the release of the 21st SS season pictorial with Yejin Son in the New Year of 2021.

Fashion group Hyungji said, “Actor Son Ye-jin is an actor with both star and acting skills, and is a representative Hallyu star with high fandom in Korea as well as overseas. “It will be a new vitality for Crocodile Lady to take a new leap through the sophisticated and luxurious image of actor Son Ye-jin.” On the other hand, Son Ye-jin is reviewing the next work in Korea while having a busy schedule with domestic and international commercial shooting.

http://www.topdaily.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=92071

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

• Like 1

BF.25259088.1.jpg

Son Ye Jin has many 20th anniversaries and Feb 7 is one of them. It is the 20th anniversary of Delicious Proposal (2001) drama that SYJ starred in :) with So Ji Sub, So Yu Jin and Jung Ji Hoon. 

sjs-syj5.jpg

Son Ye Jin has been trending due to 2 Days 1 Night latest episode where they played Movie Couple Quiz and one was on SYJ and her movies. This was a nice surprised. It is funny how Kim Seun Ho got The Negotiation wrong too lol. Somehow they all didn't know April Snow that SYJ is in lol - so that is what people have been searching. 

We should be getting more stuff soon :) especially on SMART

@puan iryantie I really love all the quotes that was shared recently. You can tell how much SYJ is admired by a lot of people. Whenever she even appeared on variety shows, they always have a fanboy/girl moment over her. A lot of them do end up being her friends later too. SYJ is also a fan of Tang Wei before. She said it in one of her interviews. Even Gong Hyo Jin saw Late Autumn, she phrased TW and HB back then too - she mentioned wanting to work with HB lol.. Not sure if the director has met SYJ in the past. They were all at 2010 BIFF though. When Late Autumn premiere at BIFF, SYJ was there for most of BIFF. opening ceremonies, Good Downloader campaign etc. Both Tang Wei and SYJ were at 2015 BIFF too

• Like 2

Son Ye Jin's schedule was updated! She worked on Feb 1 (Young Jinwi campaign) and Feb 2 (ad shoot)

That means she should be a part of the Korean Actors 200 campaign! Looking forward to more news soon. 

This was the recent press release on the campaign: 

Young Jinwi launches Korean Actors 200 campaign

Selected as 200 representative actors in the Korean film industry and started promoting globally

You can read more - It's a really good read.

https://www.kobiz.or.kr/new/kor/03_worldfilm/news/news.jsp?mode=VIEW&seq=3311

SMART Behind the Scenes will released on February 22

• Love 1

Latest Crocodile Ladies pics

105445320.6.jpg

105445332.5.jpg

105445292.5.jpg

Part of the article that is different from before:

This is not the first time fashion group Hyungji and actor Son Yejin meet. Son Ye-jin has been active for five years since 2010 as an exclusive model for Chatelaine, a French casual casual developed by fashion group Hyungji. At that time, actor Son Ye-jin showed a wide range of acting skills and gained attention as a rising star, but now, more than 10 years later, as a representative Korean wave star in Korea, he will continue his second encounter with fashion group Hyungji.

Crocodile Ladies is planning to actively carry out various marketing activities, including online and offline, such as advertising media, untact fan signing events, store promotions and events, starting with the photo shoot.

Kim Joon-young, head of the fashion group Hyungji's Product and Sales Division, said, “Son Ye-jin is an actor with both star and acting skills. “It will be a new vitality for Crocodile Ladies to take a new leap through the sophisticated and luxurious image of actor Son Ye-jin.”

Meanwhile, Crocodile Ladies reinforced the product strength of the sports line in line with the athleisure trend that is emerging due to the increase in wellness. In March, the athleisure look with colorful prints such as paisley, botanic, and check patterns will be released. It showcases a variety of products, including paisley pattern jumpers, which are easy to wear during the changing seasons, pique shirts, bags, and accessories. It is a style that can be used from sportswear to everyday wear and is characterized by a comfortable fit.

https://www.donga.com/news/Culture/article/all/20210217/105455571/1

• Like 1
  • Love 1

YAY! More 

Son Ye Jin's Crocodile Ladies greeting. Plus they used her old CF from Chatelaine at the beginning

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLafYJpnFzk/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

“Hello I’m actor SYJ. I’m greeting you as the new model of crocodile ladies. Like their brand slogan that means ‘Women’s happiness” I hope I can be a model that can bring happiness to everyone. Please look forward to it and show lots of love!

Translation crd tw doolyfeels

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLafSXQF7Mz/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Love 1