Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

June 7, 2022

"Emergency Declaration" will be shown in Korean cinemas in August, 2022.

Screenshot_2022-06-07_at_8.42.41_PM.png

Screenshot_2022-06-07_at_4.52.03_PM.png

Message from Showbox Movie:  

showbox.movie

The only reality aviation disaster movie this summer! <Declaration of Emergency> 2 types of launch posters revealed! Invitation to non-competition section of the 74th Film Festival, a combination of legendary actors who are recognized in the world beyond the country!  This August, let's board the reality flight disaster movie <Declaration of Emergency> together in theaters #EMERGENCY_DECLARATION #EMERGENCY_DECLARATION Directed by #한재림

Source:  IG of shoebox.movie

• Like 3

Continuation of the interview for RS Korea

When you took your mask off to reveal that you were the Front Man in "Squid Game," many viewers were surprised. What aspects of Squid Game and the character of Front Man made you accept this highly significant role?

I first came to know Hwang Dong-hyuk, the director of the Squid Game, when filming The Fortress (2017). He asked if I could do a cameo appearance in Squid Game and I was very happy to accept the offer.

Why do you think international audiences are so excited now about watching Korean films and television shows?

After discussing about this with various people when working in the U.S., I came to realize that the fans are attracted to the diversity of content offered by the Korean works. Diversity is a characteristic and an advantage of the Korean content. The story is unpredictable and may take unexpected turns as it progresses, all of which adds to stimulating and engaging the audience.

How do you balance your private life with your public life?

I spend time learning something new or unloading myself as a way to enrich myself after finishing a piece of work or when preparing for a new production. I would like to think of it as the period to experience and prepare for diverse emotions.

You have a history of donating money to charities, including the Korean Red Cross, Asan Medical Center, Hope Bridge Disaster Relief Association, and the Green Umbrella Children Foundation. What was your reaction when you first learner that your fans followed suit b. donating money in your honor? I was extremely pleased anc grateful that my fans responded to my actions because it is not easy to make an effort to reach out to those in need, however small the gesture may be. During last year’s Gangwon-do forest fire, Yoshiki from the rock band X Japan made donations toward helping victims of the fire after having heard of my contributions. The fact that a Japanese musician made such a donation deeply touched many people in Korea, and I was quite moved that he was positively influenced by my action. I realized that my behavior can actually affect others, and experienced firsthand the gravity of the word «influence.»

ITW-RSK.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

Lee Byung Hun And Kim Hye Ja Take Their First And Final Trip Together In “Our Blues”

Lee Byung Hun And Kim Hye Ja Take Their First And Final Trip Together In “Our Blues”

Jun 10, 2022
by E. Cha

tvN’s “Our Blues” has shared a sneak peek of Lee Byung Hun and Kim Hye Ja’s bittersweet time together from its upcoming episode!

“Our Blues” is an omnibus-style drama set in Jeju Island that tells the sweet, sour, and bitter life stories of a diverse array of characters. In addition to Lee Byung Hun and Kim Hye Ja, the star-studded cast includes Shin Min AhKim Woo BinHan Ji MinCha Seung WonLee Jung EunUhm Jung Hwa, and more.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Our Blues,” Kang Ok Dong (Kim Hye Ja) finally told her estranged son Lee Dong Suk (Lee Byung Hun) that she had late-stage cancer and didn’t have long left to live. Dong Suk then wound up confronting her about why she had hurt him in the past and if she even felt sorry for how she’d treated him.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Dong Suk and Ok Dong spend some quality time together for the first and last time in their lives during their trip to Mokpo. Initially, the resentful Dong Suk coldly walks ahead of his mother as she follows close behind—but eventually, he is unable to resist turning around and looking back at her.

Other photos capture the mother-son duo awkwardly eating together in a restaurant, revealing that they are finally getting to do ordinary, everyday things that they never did together back in Jeju. As both of them know all too well that they are running out of time, it remains to be seen whether Dong Suk will be able to forgive Ok Dong for the past.

Spoiler

Lee-Byung-Hun-Kim-Hye-Ja-2.jpg

Lee-Byung-Hun-Kim-Hye-Ja-3.jpgLee-Byung-Hun2.jpg

Spoiler

Kim-Hye-Ja-Lee-Byung-Hun.jpg

To find out where Dong Suk and Ok Dong’s journey will lead, tune in to the next episode of “Our Blues” on June 11 at 9:10 p.m. KST.

In the meantime, watch Kim Hye Ja and Han Ji Min in “Radiant” with subtitles below!

WATCH NOW

Source: https://www.soompi.com/article/1530324wpp/lee-byung-hun-and-kim-hye-ja-take-their-first-and-final-trip-together-in-our-blues

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome 1

June 11, 2022

Lee Byung Hun Explodes With Rage During An Awkward Dinner In “Our Blues”

Lee Byung Hun Explodes With Rage During An Awkward Dinner In “Our Blues”

Jun 11, 2022
by L. Kim

tvN’s “Our Blues” has released a sneak peek of tonight’s episode!

“Our Blues” is an omnibus-style drama set in Jeju Island that tells the sweet, sour, and bitter life stories of a diverse array of characters. In addition to Lee Byung Hun and Kim Hye Ja, the star-studded cast includes Shin Min AhKim Woo BinHan Ji MinCha Seung WonLee Jung EunUhm Jung Hwa, and more.

Spoilers

On June 11, the production team unveiled new stills of Kang Ok Dong (Kim Hye Ja) and Lee Dong Suk (Lee Byung Hun) attending a memorial service. Lee Dong Suk despises his late stepfather and his children Jong Woo (Choi Byung Mo) and Jong Chul (Choi Seung Kyung), and he had always harbored resentment towards Kang Ok Dong for entering their family as a mistress. When he was a child, he showed his mother that his stepbrothers had hurt him, but he didn’t receive the response he wanted and became scarred even more instead.

In the photos, the estranged mother-and-son duo head to the memorial site with food Kang Ok Dong has prepared. However, the atmosphere is rigid with tension, and it looks as if an emotional storm is heading their way. Sure enough, Lee Dong Suk gets humiliated in the middle of dinner, and he sits frozen in shock with japchae on his shoulders. Lee Dong Suk can’t control his anger, but Kang Ok Dong attempts to stop him.

In this scene, Kang Ok Dong will burst with her true feelings that she has been holding in all her life. She will finally open up about the past, and it will be intriguing to find out if Kang Ok Dong and Lee Dong Suk will be able to mend their relationship before her time runs out.

Lee-Byung-Hun-Kim-Hye-Ja2.jpg

Our-Blues-14.jpg

Spoiler

Lee-Byung-Hun3.jpg

Our-Blues3.jpg

The next episode of “Our Blues” will air on June 11 at 9:10 p.m. KST.

In the meantime, watch Kim Hye Ja and Han Ji Min in “Radiant with subtitles below!

WATCH NOW

Source (1)

Source: https://www.soompi.com/article/1530439wpp/lee-byung-hun-explodes-with-rage-during-an-awkward-dinner-in-

Edited by gm4queen
Please use spoiler tags when you upload more than 3 images in one post! Thanks!
  • Like 3

June 12, 2022

Lee Byung Hun And Kim Hye Ja Take An Emotional Journey To Fulfill Her Dying Wish In “Our Blues”

Lee Byung Hun And Kim Hye Ja Take An Emotional Journey To Fulfill Her Dying Wish In “Our Blues”

Jun 12, 2022
by E. Cha

tvN’s “Our Blues” has shared an emotional glimpse of its highly-anticipated series finale!

“Our Blues” is an omnibus-style drama set in Jeju Island that tells the sweet, sour, and bitter life stories of a diverse array of characters. In addition to Lee Byung Hun and Kim Hye Ja, the star-studded cast includes Shin Min Ah, Kim Woo Bin, Han Ji Min, Cha Seung Won, Lee Jung Eun, Uhm Jung Hwa, and more.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Our Blues,” Lee Dong Suk (Lee Byung Hun) finally got to know his estranged mother Kang Ok Dong (Kim Hye Ja), whom he had spent his entire life resenting. As they spent time together in Mokpo, Dong Suk learned a number of unexpected things about his mother that he had never known—and viewers’ hearts broke as Ok Dong’s illness visibly worsened.

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming final episode, the mother and son set out to climb Mount Hallasan in order to fulfill Ok Dong’s dying wish. After hearing that his mother has never seen Baengnokdam Lake, a crater lake that sits at the top of Hallasan, Dong Suk makes up his mind to hike the mountain.

The first set of photos capture Ok Dong mustering up all the strength she has left in her frail body to make the climb—but in the second, Dong Suk is alone as he climbs the snowy mountain, raising the question of what happened in between.

Kim-Hye-Ja2.jpgLee-Byung-Hun4.jpg

Spoiler

Lee-Byung-Hun-2.jpg

The producers of “Our Blues” commented, “Kim Hye Ja and Lee Byung Hun will grace the grand finale with their passionate acting. You’ll be able to see why these two actors are truly great actors, and their acting will break viewers’ hearts and deliver a resounding ending. Please join us for Ok Dong and Dong Suk’s last moments.”

The series finale of “Our Blues” will air on June 12 at 9 p.m. KST.

In the meantime, watch Kim Hye Ja and Han Ji Min in “Radiant” with subtitles below!

WATCH NOW

Source (1)

Source:  https://www.soompi.com/article/1530568wpp/lee-byung-hun-and-kim-hye-ja-take-an-emotional-journey-to-fulfill-her-dying-wish-in-our-blues

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

June 14, 2022

'Our Blues' Han Ji-min and Lee Byung-hun, a two-shot hard to see... “Last time”

Screenshot_2022-06-14_at_11.21.38_PM.png

Actress Han Ji-min revealed the last filming site of 'Our Blues'.

On the 12th, Ji-min Han posted a photo on her Instagram with the words "Tonight's 'Our Blues' last episode #OurBlues #OurBlues".

In the released photo, Han Ji-min is taking pictures with actors who appeared in 'Our Blues', such as Lee Jung-eun, Kim Hye-ja, and Lee Byung-hun.

Screenshot_2022-06-14_at_11.22.28_PM.png

In particular, she took a photo with Lee Byung-hun, whom she rarely met in the drama, creating a friendly atmosphere.

Do Han Ji-min also revealed the affectionate moment she was holding with Jung Eun-hye, who played the role of the older sister with Down syndrome.

Screenshot_2022-06-14_at_11.22.11_PM.png

Kim Go-eun, who saw this, commented, “I can’t send it,” and regretted the end of ‘Our Blues’.

Meanwhile, the tvN weekend drama 'Our Blues' ended today.

Han Ji-min, who performed her climax in 'Our Blues', revealing the secrets, wounds, and pains of the baby haenyeo Lee Young-ok, said, "I was happy living in Pureung Village. It was warm thanks to Jung Jun-i and everyone who hugged Young-ok and Young-hee. Now, Young-ok is laughing and loving to her heart’s content within the fence of her family, and I hope she doesn’t enjoy solitude any longer.”

[News Inside reporter Kim Hee-sun news@newsinside.kr]

Source:  http://www.newsinside.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=1135777

Photo credit:  IG of Han Ji Min

• Like 4

The impression left by the drama of 'Our Blues' life

The Saturday and Sunday drama of tvN "Our Blues" ended on June 12 in a resounding success.  Ratings for the last episode averaged 15.7% for metropolitan area households, 18.6% for metropolitan area households, 14.6% for national households and 17.3% on average for households at national level.

990848990-u-Wjqon-QD-de7c4745e1b3080ae1c

The heavy reverberation presented by the final left a deep impression on the small screen.  Lee Dong-seok (Lee Byung-hun), who blamed his mother Kang Ok-dong (Kim Hye-ja) for the rest of her life, didn’t realize until after her mother died.  It wasn’t that he hated his mother, but that he wanted to kiss and reconcile.  Kang Ok-dong did not say that she liked it or that she was sorry, and left only a bowl of soy paste stew that Lee Dong-seok liked.  It made me guess that this was the sense of love left by Kang Ok-dong.  After Kang Ok-dong died, Lee Dong-seok grabbed his mother’s hand, stroked her face and squeezed her in his arms crying.

Happiness is not far away, it has always been close. The appearance of the hat, which belatedly dissipated resentment and made peace, resonated deeply with tears. And where the sorrow passed, life continued. All the actors, as well as the happy characters of "Our Blues" gathered in Jeju for the sports competition of the village of Pureung, marked the end. With the message "Everyone is the protagonist of life", the production team added the last memory of the drama by transmitting the message "We are not born to be sick and unhappy on this earth, but only to be happy".

990848990-BGl-TDa-Uy-6e2e5870d9a30c1467b

New history structure, 'Omnibus Drama' by writer Noh Hee-kyung

According to the plan of the writer Noh Hee-kyung, "Our Blues" is written in an omnibus format with 15 main characters according to the intention of the writer Noh Hee-kyung that "everyone’s life is worth it and should be happy".  Various lives have been melted into 9 episodes, and thanks to this, viewers have been able to see humans with a wide field of vision and feel more deeply the resonance of the drama.

The omnibus format made it possible to see actors such as Lee Byung-hun, Shin Min-ah, Cha Seung-won, Lee Jung-eun, Han Ji-min, Kim Woo-bin, Kim Hye-ja, Ko Doo-shim and Uhm Jung-hwa in a drama.  Although they are the main characters in their own episodes, it was interesting to see the actors build the narrative by appearing as people around them in other episodes.  The writer Noh Hee-kyung raised the level of immersion in history with a new omnibus format that connects individual episodes and showed his back until the second half.  Here, the collaboration of the three directors, Kim Gyu-tae, Kim Yang-hee and Lee Jung-mook, who have demonstrated excellent directing skills, has also achieved synergy.

Everyone is the main character, 15 actors 'a passionate performance in a colorful life'

Dong-Seok (Lee Byung-Hun), a long-missed trucker, Seon-A (Min Seon-A), who was trapped in the depression, Han-Soo (Cha Seung-Won), a goose father who carried the weight of the head of the family, and Eun-Hee, a fishmonger who lived a difficult life while supporting her family.(Lee Jung-eun) , Yeong-ok (Han Ji-min), a haenyeo who has twin sisters with Down’s Syndrome and Jeong-jun (Kim Woo-bin), a sailor who showed love like the sea.  Ok-dong (Kim Hye-ja), who lived like a stranger with her son, Chun-hee (Go Doo-shim), who nearly lost his son, Mi-ran (Uhm Jung-hwa), who was wounded by a close friend, Human Rights (Park Ji-hwan), who wanted to be a father who was not ashamed of his son Ho-Sik (Choi Young-Jun), who wanted to raise his daughter, Hyun (Bae Hyun-Sung) and Yeong-Joo (No Yun-Seo), who grew up in love between the fathers of their enemies, Young-Ok’s older sister, Young-Hee (with Down syndrome) who drew every time his sister was missing (Eun-hye Jung), and Eun-gi (Ki So-yu), Chun-hee’s granddaughter, who was suddenly dropped on Jeju.

The diverse lives of the main characters, which take place in the village of Jeju Pureung, made viewers cry and laugh.  The colorful performances of 15 actors who depicted a life with injuries and stories filled the room.  The actors realistically embody the Jeju dialect and have captivated the small screen each time with their deep emotional performances filled with the pains of life.  Before the show, writer Noh Hee-kyung said, "Let’s give them a role they haven’t played well in movies and dramas, not a role that suits them or is skillful.  Let the actors worry, so let the viewers see the actors again.” He chose to act as a watchdog.  Actors who were active on the stage of their lives received attention for their acting skills and received favorable reviews.

990848990-yu-Kdrz-Vb-b4e42ea798e41be41c8

The story that comforted us, our 'drama of life'

Above all, 'Our Blues' depicts hope, comfort and courage through the main characters who do not remain in despair or injury.  Even though the characters in the play live a difficult life, they say, This is how people live.  It was good and bad", "Everything will pass like a typhoon", "If you turn your back on him, there is another world", comforting.  Neighbours, friends, men and women, women, sisters, mothers and daughters, etc., and people who depend and live in harmony with the people next to them in various relationships gave warm warmth.  'Happy everyone alive! 'Our Blues', which once again impressed the meaning of life, will remain as a drama of life that viewers will long remember.

On the other hand, the drama of tvN Saturday 'Our Blues' ended on June 12 in the culmination of 20 episodes.

[Photo taken during tvN’s "Our Blues" show]

Source : http://www.cine21.com/news/issue/view/?mag_id=2096&fbclid=IwAR3agpR4APvoEng8PViYHYY59e8jgbyfvQiZi7ySf8GNuaU9D2rXweRtrfs

• Like 4

June 15, 2022

Lee Byung Hun will return to Squid Game 2

Screenshot_2022-06-15_at_12.03.20_PM.png

Hwang Dong Hyuk  announced  the return of the Front Man (Lee Byung-hun), a former cop who now oversees the game and leads the masked men in the cult-like group. In the first season, the character shot his brother Hwang Jun-ho (Wi Ha-joon), the police officer who sneaks onto the island where the games are conducted. However, the show never confirmed his demise, and fans expect to see Ha-joon again in the role.

front man squid game

Having said that, it would be interesting to see whether the Front Man intentionally shot his brother in a way so as not to kill him. So the mystery around this sibling duo, along with the story of how the cop became the Front Man, is what the second season could explore.

Source:  https://beebom.com/squid-game-season-2/

• Like 3

June 17, 2022

Lee Byung Hun Talks About the Failures He Experienced Before Finally Achieving Fame

HANA LEE

spacer.png

Credit : VIBLE

The success story of Lee Byung Hun is pulling at the heartstrings of many as the story revealed that he was once a struggling actor that no one knew about.

“ViBLE,” a platform that features the voices and stories of experts from various fields of profession, recently uploaded a YouTube video titled,” The Opportunity Lee Byung Hun Caught on the Verge of Failure.” In the video, the actor said, “All the movies I starred in 1990s didn’t do good. Who Drives Me Crazy (1995), Run Away (1995), Kill the Love (1996) and Lament (1997) completely failed at the box office.”

“People around me often said, ‘Byung Hun, I’m telling you this because we’re friends. I’m not sure if you should continue your path as an actor. People are usually given three chances, but if you fail to seize the third chance, then it would be very difficult to become successful as an actor.’ Then, my third movie didn’t do well at the box office. Although I miraculously got another opportunity to film a fourth time, it ended up being another box office flop,” the male star revealed.

However, the celebrity’s fifth film, The Harmonium in My Memory (1999), became hugely successful at the box office. He then emerged as an A-list star as his follow-up movie Joint Security Area (2000) became a box office smash. Since then, he has become a much-loved star who has starred in various works for 27 years.

After watching the video, internet users were impressed by his perseverance and passion for his work. Some users wrote, “Lee Byung Hyun is so humble. He never took any break from his career. That’s how he became a real actor,” “He can perfectly pull off any character,” and “Thank you for not giving up.”

Source (1)

https://zapzee.net/2022/06/17/lee-byung-hun-takes-about-the-failures-he-experienced-before-finally-achieving-fame/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

June 20, 2022

(LEAD) 'Emergency Declaration' is about people fighting off disaster while stranded on a plane

All News 16:10 June 20, 2022

By Shim Sun-ah

SEOUL, June 20 (Yonhap) -- Imagine being stuck on an ill-fated flight where a mysterious deadly virus is spreading.

"Emergency Declaration," a forthcoming Korean film starring iconic actors Song Kang-ho, Lee Byung-hun and Jeon Do-yeon, depicts such a frightening scenario, as the country's first aviation-disaster genre film.

The story takes place on a flight, from Seoul to Honolulu, where the captain declares an emergency landing after a terrorist plants a deadly virus and the first victim is dead within hours.

During a press conference in Seoul Monday to promote the film set to open in local theaters in August, writer-director Han Jae-rim said that he intended it to be a thought-provoking movie about people fighting a disaster on top of its attraction as a disaster genre flick.

Screenshot_2022-06-20_at_4.43.47_PM.png

The main cast of "Emergency Declaration," a Korean disaster flick set to open in August, pose for th camera during a press conference to promote the film project at a Seoul hotel on June 20, 2022. (Yonhap) 

Screenshot_2022-06-20_at_4.44.09_PM.pngThis photo provided by Showbox shows actor Lee Byung-hun in a scene from "Emergency Declaration," a Korean disaster flick set to open in August.

Screenshot_2022-06-20_at_4.44.00_PM.png

Director Have-rim of "Emergency Declaration,"a Korean disaster flick set to open in August, speaks during a press conference to promote the film project at a Seoul hotel on June 20, 2022. (Yonhap) 

"I received an offer about 10 years ago. I found the setting and plan for the film project were fairly good at that time but didn't know how to do it," said the director best known for "The Face Reader" (2013) and "The King" (2017). "And then, unfortunately, there were many big and small disasters in Korean society over the past 10 years. As I brokenheartedly watched them, a certain idea came up to my mind and then I thought I should do this project."

He stressed he made efforts to shed light on how people fight the disaster and their emotions from overcoming it or suffering a defeat. He hoped audiences would not simply consume his movie as entertainment.

The film garnered wide attention from Korean movie fans from the initial stage of production for its star-studded cast.

Among the cast members are two Cannes-winning actors Song Kang-ho, Jeon Do-yeon; Lee Byung-hun, a top actor who was an award presenter at last year's Cannes Film Festival; as well as Kim Nam-gil, Im Si-wan, Kim So-jin and Park Hae-joon.

When asked how it was possible to have so many A-listers in the same film, the director said even he could not believe it at first.

"Actually, the actors here are symbolic figures of the Korean film industry as well as globally and others are also popular enough to take lead roles in other big-budget films. Any director would like to cast all of them," he said. "So, I couldn't believe that those people are in my film and kept feeling confusion while shooting it. I was confused whether I was shooting one film or seven different films at a time. I felt honored and appreciated it."

Han said, looking at the scenes after the shoot, he was impressed by the actors' outstanding performances. "There are a lot of passengers on the plane who are not here, but if you watch the movie, their acting will also be memorable," he added.

Song Kang-ho, who was named best actor for his performance in "Broker" at this year's Cannes, plays In-ho, a veteran police detective who is on board to track down a terror suspect after being tipped off about his plan to attack the Hawaii-bound plane. Jeon Do-yeon, who won best actress for her performance in director Lee Chang-dong's "Secret Sunshine" at 2007 Cannes, plays Suk-hee, minister of Land, Infrastructure and Transport who struggles to find out the best way to protect Korean citizens from the terrorist attack.

Park Hae-joon's character is Tae-soo who has to make "a cool-headed decision" to save the nation as the chief of a crisis management center at the presidential office.

Lee Byung-hun plays the role of Jae-hyuk, a father with aviophobia who is on board to go get treatment for his sick daughter. Im Si-wan plays Jin-seok, a mysterious young man who boards the ill-fated plane while wandering around Incheon International Airport without a destination.

Kim Nam-gil and Kim So-jin play deputy pilot Hyeon-soo and chief flight attendant Hee-jin, respectively.

"Apart from the genre elements, it sophisticatedly and maturely expressed thoughts about family, neighbors and the community, which we usually don't think deeply about in our everyday lives. I was glad to be in such a film for this reason," Song said.

Lee said he was attracted by the script not just because it was tense and interesting as a disaster genre flick but also due to it being thought-provoking.

Jeon said she was fond of the script, too, but what she liked the most about the movie was the director's good intention to make it.

"I hope this movie can console people who are hurt while undergoing big and small disasters," she added.

The film is set to open in local theaters in August. It was selected for the Out of Competition section of the 74th Cannes Film Festival in 2021.

sshim@yna.co.kr
(END)

Source:  https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20220620005451315

• Like 4

June 24, 2022

“Emergency Declaration " The best Actor of the Cannes Film Festival,  Song Kang Ho has called for 20 million viewers at the box office!  Jeon Do-yeon and Lee Byung Hun's witty words made the audience laugh. (A translation) 

Movies Monday 20 June 2022 14:17 Erin 1

Screenshot_2022-06-23_at_8.27.29_AM.png

The film “Emergency Declaration ", which was invited to the 74th Cannes Film Festival, will finally meet with Korean audiences in August after two delays in its release.  The Taiwan schedule will also be announced later. The cast is strong, including Cannes Film Festival best actor and best actress Song Kang Ho and Jeon Do-Yeon, as well as Lee Byung Hun, Kim Nam Gil, Im Si Wan, Kim So Jin, and Park Hae Joon. All of them attended the press conference today, and director Han Jae Rim also participated.

Screenshot_2022-06-23_at_8.27.41_AM.png

“Emergency Declaration", is a realistic film about an aerial disaster, presenting the first time in history that an unconditional landing has been declared due to an aerial terrorist. Invited to the non-competition section of the 74th Cannes Film Festival, director Han Jae Rim returned to the big screen after “The Face Reader “ (2013) and “The King “ (2017).  The participation of an outstanding cast made  “Emergency Declaration", a movie that that is very much anticipated by the audience.

Screenshot_2022-06-23_at_8.27.51_AM.png

Song Kang Ho, who just won the Best Actor at the 75th Cannes Film Festival for “Broker” said it has been more than 2 years since shooting of “Emergency Declaration" started, and there had been a lot of twists and turns, plus there were two more delays in the middle.  The film can finally be introduced to the audience.  He also humbly said that he felt honored to meet with his respected colleagues and junior actors and actresses.  Lee Byung Hun also said that when he heard the news of the upcoming release in August, he kept thinking, "Is it true this time?"  Today, seeing everyone gathered together, finally got the feeling that it is going to be released. Jeon Do Yeon also said that she was very happy to hear the news of the release, just like a dream.

When the casting for “Emergency Declaration" started, there was a lot of discussion and the audience said, "Is it possible to have such a cast? The perfect casting became the highlight of the film. The director, Han Jae Rim, said that all the actors, especially Song Kang Ho, Lee Byung Hun and Jeon Do Yeon, are already influential and iconic actors in the global film industry, and Kim Nam Gil, Im Si Wan, Kim So Jin and Park Hae Joon are also actors who have played the leading roles in various famous and popular works.  I believe that such a cast is the dream of many filmmakers, even he himself cannot believe that these actors and actresses can be together to shoot his work, and also praised for the excellent performance of all of them.

As for the opportunity to produce this film, the director said that he received the commission for this work more than 10 years ago. At that time, although he thought the setting or planning of this work was great, he still did not have a concept of how the story should unfold, so he could not shape it. The director believes that the severe phobia of flying, being trapped in a plane, and the fear of disaster will remain in his mind. He felt that he had to make this film to express something through his work, as there have been major and minor disasters in Korean society over the past ten years.

The reason why Jeon Do Yeon performed in “Emergency Declaration" was not only that she thought the script is great, but also that she agreed with the director's intention and hoped to bring some comfort to people who have been through disasters of all sizes. When asked about her expectation for the box office, Jeon Do Yeon said bluntly, Of course this will be a film that will break 10 million, isn't it?” She  also said that she was convinced so she decided to perform. Song Kang Ho then said that he thought this film would be very popular with everyone, and was immediately asked by Jeon Do Yeon, "So how much is the box office?" Song Kanghao immediately pushed Lee Byung Hun to answer... He did not expect Lee Byung Hun to immediately break the news, "Brother Kang Ho told me just now that this work should be 20 million, right?" Jeon Do Yeon immediately echoed, "I heard it too!" Song Kang Ho hurriedly denied it.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2022-06-23_at_8.28.05_AM.png

Screenshot_2022-06-23_at_8.28.16_AM.png

Screenshot_2022-06-24_at_11.27.14_AM.png

https://www.koreastardaily.com/tc/news/141921

Photo Credit:  TV Daily

• Like 3