Kim Jae Wook 김재욱 / キム・ジェウク

Ayame

Kim-Jae-Wook-Jo-Jung-Suk-768x432.jpg

Kim Jae Wook and Jo Jung Suk will be appearing on the next episode of tvN’s talk show “Life Bar”!

The March 1 episode of “Life Bar,” which marks Kim Jae Wook’s first variety show appearance in 10 years, will feature both actors as guests. The two actors are currently sharing the starring role in the new musical “Amadeus,” and the show gave them a chance to show off the piano skills that they had practiced in order to play Mozart.

Jo Jung Suk humbly remarked, “At least when it comes to the piano, Jae Wook is Mozart and I’m Salieri.” Meanwhile, Kim Jae Wook revealed that he was nervous about having to play the piano live, saying, “I’m so worried that I might make a mistake on stage, I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night these days.”

Jo Jung Suk, who recently starred in the MBC drama “Two Cops,” commented, “After my recent drama ended, I immediately went to the practice room for the musical without resting a single day. I thought it would be hard, but I actually enjoyed it a lot.”

The two actors also talked about their past experiences in sports. Jo Jung Suk shared that he had nearly become a Taekwondo athlete, while Kim Jae Wook discussed his brief foray into track and field during his school years.

“Life Bar” will air on March 1 at 11 p.m. KST

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@RPM I just looked up the Korean articles on Naver that mentioned the name of the program. The program was on MBC, it was called "목표달성 토요일-악동클럽 (Achieve the Goal Saturday)". KJW appeared on the show on January 13, 2001. Below is a clip from that episode on Youtube. You can find KJW at the 0:08 and 17:43 mark of the video:

Also, for anyone who hasn't seen these yet, here are some new articles from KJW's appearance on Life Bar (the part about him working at a transgender bar):

• https://www.koreaboo.com/buzz/korean-actor-confesses-used-cross-dress-work-transgender-bar/

• https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/03/actor-kim-jae-wook-reveals-he-worked-part-time-at-a-transgender-bar

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Ayame thanks for links and info.

Can you translate the little conversation between him and judges  (according to me with my very low level of korean knowledge --he asked him whether he like rock music and if he were asked to leave the rock music can he do that. But Kim jae wook replied it's difficult for him)

IF there's subbed link of life bar available someday then please let me know.

• Like 2

@RPM Life Bar is one of those shows that usually don't get subbed. It'll probably get Chinese subs within the next few days though. I'll let you know if it does get subbed.

As for the conversation, your interpretation wasn't too far off. My Korean level is only around intermediate level (definitely not near fluent at all lol), but here's how I would translate it:

Judge: Are you going to do only rock music?
KJW: Yes.
Judge: Do you like rock music?
KJW: Yes.
Judge: But today's audition... this isn't an individual audition, it's a group audition. Even if it were an individual audition, if you had to give up rock music, would you be able to?
KJW: ...
Judge: Could you do songs where you had to dance?
KJW: Ah... I think that would be difficult.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mintea18 said:

aaa Kim Jae Wook is so hott and talented! I think I have to check out TOL.

I like his chemistry with JJS in the recent Life Bar episode. They seem to be very close dongsaeng/hyung ^_^

I also like there chemistry in life bar. 

Both of them so much happytogether ❤

• Like 4

[Lily's Take] Jo Jung-suk and Kim Jae-wook's Hidden Talents

2018/03/04 | Permalink | Source

photo951348.jpg

Actor Jo Jung-suk and Kim Jae-wook shared their hidden talents when they appeared in the talk show, "Life Bar".

"Life Bar" is a show that takes place in a "bar" where the four hosts invite two to three guests every week and share their most honest life stories over drinks and food.

On March 1stJo Jung-suk and Kim Jae-wook shared the story behind their friendship, life experiences, and surprised the viewers with their unexpected talents as they appeared in the show as guests. The two actors started the show with fancy drinking techniques, impressing the hosts.

Jo Jung-suk and Kim Jae-wook began their friendship when they met during the musical "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" 7 years ago and recently reunited in the play "Amadeus" where they are double casted as Mozart.

Kim Jae-wook shared his story about the musical "Hedwig and the Angry Inch", his effort in trying to portray the perfect transgender character by working at a transgender bar while practicing for the show and how touched he was when Jo Jung-suk threw him a surprise event on the last day of performance.

photo951350.jpg

photo951345.jpg

Afterward, Kim Jae-wook proceeded to share his hidden talents of playing the piano. His graceful performance awed everyone at the scene and the viewers who were watching the show late at night. Jo Jung-suk also shared that he has practiced the piano for "Amadeus" though he didn't play at all when he was first casted for the play.

photo951349.jpg

Along with his piano performance, Jo Jung-suk shared his skills in Taekwondo, the Korean martial art. He shared that he has been doing Taekwondo since he was a little boy and quite skillful as he won several medals in tournaments. Before becoming an actor, his dream was to be a professional Taekwondo athlete. Kim Jae-wook also shared his athletic side of him as he mentioned that he was in track and field in school.

photo951351.jpg

These two actors are already such talented actors, and now they are sharing their endless talents in music and sports. Looking at them, it is true when people say, 'birds of a feather flock together', as people of the same sort or with the same tastes and interests will be found together. It is a great friendship found in these likely actors, who are both handsome, charming, talented and full of potential!

By. Lily Lee

https://www.hancinema.net/lily-s-take-jo-jung-suk-and-kim-jae-wook-s-hidden-talents-116162.html

Hopefully full engsub of this episode will be out soon!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1