Kim Jae Wook 김재욱 / キム・ジェウク

Ayame

@RPM Tagging you so you see this post, although you'll probably see this anyway since you post here frequently lol. Just thought you'd be interested in the articles.)

Since I know Japanese I'll be translating some Japanese articles/updates on his Japanese fanclub. Here's a translation I did of an update from his Japanese fanclub 'Luck'. The update has a message from the producer of 'Butterfly Sleep'.

2018.03.05 Fan Club Update: Message from the producer of ‘Butterfly Sleep’, Mr. Yamagami

Thank you to everyone from the fan club that attended the advanced screening of ‘Butterfly Sleep’! We have received a message from the producer of the movie, Mr. Yamagami Tetsujiro, so we posted it below.

(From) 'Butterfly Sleep' Producer / Yamagami Tetsujiro

I want to say thank you to Kim Jae Wook’s fan club for attending the advanced screening the other day. 

I’m sorry that I had caused some inconvenience for everyone because I was unfamiliar with the process (of the advanced screening).

It was my first opportunity to show my movies to people in another way aside from the mass media, so I was a bit nervous.

However, I was really saved by the politeness and sincere support of Kim Jae Wook’s fan club. 

I was impressed to find that Jae Wook’s personality could be found within his fans as well.

As much as he is an actor, Jae Wook is first a wonderful person. That’s what I felt as I worked together with him on set.

‘Butterfly Sleep’ was never meant to have a big budget. However, from now on, I have the goal of continuing producing more good-quality films, which includes Japan-South Korea collaboration films.

I hope that Jae Wook will appear in more movies in Japan in the near future.

Along with Kim Jae Wook, please support the future screenings of 'Butterfly Sleep'. Thank you for your consideration.

I hope to see you again in the theaters in the future.

source: http://fan.pia.jp/kimjaeuck/news/detail/100/?page=1&ptag=

Here's another update of a special event that KJW's Japanese fan club are doing:

2018.03.09 Fan Club Update: ‘Butterfly Sleep’ Commemoration Event - Hilltop Hotel Lodging Information

To celebrate the release of the movie ‘Butterfly Sleep’, we have decided to a collaboration special project with the Hilltop Hotel, which appeared in the movie.

There will be a limited time where you can stay overnight in the room where Jae Wook actually acted in for the movie, so please take advantage of this opportunity!

Place:

Hilltop Hotel (Yamanoue Hotel)

Address - 1 Chome-1 Kanda Surugadai, Chiyoda, Tokyo 101-0062

Hilltop Hotel website: https: //www.yamanoue-hotel.co.jp/

Schedule:

Accommodation from May 12, 2018 (Sat) to June 30, 2018 (Sat)

Price:

1 room for 1 person 19,500 yen

1 room for 2 people 29,000 yen

*Prices shown include tax, 10% service charge, accommodation tax, breakfast fee included.

Reservation:

(Telephone reservation only) 03-3293-2311 (Representative)

*Within this period, there will be a special plan for 1 room per day. Please note that we will terminate this as soon as the reservations are filled.

Pictures of hotel under the spoiler:

Spoiler

Cum7KCc.jpg

rRLSNt7.jpg

source: http://fan.pia.jp/kimjaeuck/news/detail/101/?page=1&ptag=

Here's a Japanese article about the 'Amadeus' musical. I translated it to English below:

[ARTICLE] Kim Jae Wook participates in the press call for the musical, ‘Amadeus’ - “I’ll do my best”

Kim Jae Wook talks about what it was like to play the role of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart in 'Amadeus'

At the press call for ‘Amadeus’, which was held at the BBCH Hall of the Kwanglim Arts Center in Gangnam, Kim Jae Wook said, “I did appear in the 2011 musical ‘Hedwig’, but I am happy to return to performing for the first time in seven years like this.”

He also said, “I've always wanted to appear on stage, but this time I've found a great production (to be a part of).  I'll work hard to give a great performance until the end.”

As Kim Jae Wook successfully finished his first performance for ‘Amadeus’, he expressed, “I think I have to prepare a lot more on my next performance, but I’m happy this first performance went well. I’ll do my best at each performance.”

Article image of KJW at the press call under the spoiler:

Spoiler

Y0kxIL6.png

source: http://news.kstyle.com/article.ksn?articleNo=2088930

Those are the most recent articles the last couple of days. I hope my translations make sense. It's been a while since I've translated from Japanese to English, so hopefully it's not too bad lol. I'll try to find more articles to translate within the next few days. ^^

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RPM said:

@Ayame Thankyou so much . I'll use these translations on insta with jae wook Update. 

You're great I'm wondering how many languages you have learnt.

Sure no problem. ^^ I haven't really learnt that many languages. I do know Japanese up until an intermediate level I guess. I've studied Japanese for 4 years in university, so that's why I can translate now. But for Korean, I only took 1 semester of it in university, so I can read hangul and I know some basic words here and there, but I definitely am not as good in Korean as I am in Japanese lol. I can't translate any article in Korean. I know enough Korean words to look through Korean sites if I'm looking something specific (like when you were asking me about KJW's audition), but that is still pretty basic haha. 

• Thanks 1

@RPM It's called "Last Carnival" by Acoustic Cafe. I looked them up and 'Acoustic Cafe' is a new-age music group (a trio) formed in 1991. Their members are: Norihiro Tsuru (violin), Karasawa Ayako (cello), Hiranuma Yuri (piano). It seems like they have popularity in Korea as well which is why they have quite a few performances there as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I found this while looking for Japanese-translated articles, it's some netizen comments regarding KJW on Life Bar. It's nice to see positive netizen comments about him~ ^^

https://ddoboja.blogspot.com/2018/03/actor-kim-jae-wook-makes-his-first.html

Actor Kim Jae Wook makes his first variety show appearance in 10 years with Jo Jung Suk

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-03-01%2Bat%2B7.18.02%2BPM.png
Screen%2BShot%2B2018-03-01%2Bat%2B7.17.58%2BPM.png

1. [+2676, -48] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ he's the sexiest within the actors in their 30s
↪ [+246, -8] He's really handsome and sexy
↪ [+271, -9] He's the representative face when you say someone looks sexy 

2. [+1456, -27] He came out on a variety show ㅠㅠㅠ I really like it ㅠㅠㅠ

3. [+1391, -24] I'm watching it right now, he's sexy but cute 

4. [+504, -61] Isn't it the play 'Amadeus' and not Mozart.. ㅡ.ㅡ (t/n: The writer made an error in the article) 

5. [+405, -10] I really hope Kim Jae Wook would become more popular, there's not a lot of male celebrities that look luxuriously sexy like him

6. [+263, -9] I went through army training with him and we lived in the same barracks. He's a really manly and a cool hyung-nim. Although we only knew each other for 5 weeks, I'll support you whenever. 

7. [+255, -9] For his visuals and acting, he's the case that didn't really become that popular

Also, as I was looking for more KJW stuff and I came across his agency, Soop Management's official instagram, I totally forgot there was one since I barely look at it lol. Here's the link for it: https://www.instagram.com/management_soop/

Here are some posts they made related to KJW in the last few weeks:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@RPM There isn't any Japanese translation of it yet, so I can only translate the second poster. The first poster is a little bit too hard for me to understand in Korean. 

I can understand the second one mostly though. It seems to say:

I, Mozart, want to make songs like this. Why in the world do people hate me? All I'm doing is creating beautiful music.

I'll try and see if a Japanese translation comes up for the first poster tomorrow. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@RPM Here's the translation of the first poster:

When you feel you’ve made a terrible mistake,

When you feel scorned by an unmerciful god,

Call my name, “Antonio Salieri”.

As protector of the common folk,

I’ll forgive you.

I will forgive you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1