Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

30 minutes ago, CallieP said:

He had the curly GJP hair, then the PT hair style, then the CH hairstyle, then the Faith locks, then he cut it right after Faith, then the Heirs cut, his slight curls in LOTBS,  military buzz and finally King's hair style.  :D

CallieP,  in Korean entertainment industry, many actors feel the necessity to change their appearance to get into the character and to help the audience differentiate between the various roles the actor has played. In particular, the hairstyle plays an important role, often acting as shorthand to describe a character. Not all actors change their hairstyle often, but there are many who do for each drama they take on & one of them is LMH. He’s one actor who always tries different hairstyles to get into his drama characters. In "BOF", you call that curly hair “conch”. For “PT”, he opted for a trendier cut that suited his architect character. ...  In “TH”, he cut his hair short –– giving him a more playful look. In “CH”, Lee Min Ho had long hair with a side-swept fringe with a few brown highlights. And that induction cut during his military service.  Ye, the hair makes the character – :blush:

• Like 4

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBxyzC9HXju/?igshid=8ryljd3hxw5y

Greetings,
I am Hyejung Kim, the CEO of Smile Flower & Cafe.

First and foremost, I would like to seize this opportunity to thank all the customers who have reached out to me via DM, since early June.
Regular customer relationship with @leeminho_overseas, has been a fortune to result in a substantial amount of people’s interests. Thanks to your love and interests, this month has been a spectacular one.

More than 20 countries around the world have reached out to me. Though I tried my best to get back to all of you, with sincere replies, I apologize for any inconvenience, caused by my language barrier.

As valuable it is for distanced customers’ memorable experiences, I, myself, went to MYM Entertainment to capture memories by taking photos. Furthermore, I have prepared a Short video for those who are curious about the affiliated Agency, in hopes of providing happiness.

I look forward to your continued interest and do please continue to shop with us.

Yours Truly,
Hyejung Kim

:approves:

• Like 8
  • Awesome 3

1 hour ago, leeminhosny said:

I found this LOBS thread, yes I right so LOBS was on Netflix last year, somebody said LOBS never was on Netflix  I wonder it is still here?

LOTBS has been on Netflix (Philippines) for quite a while now.

It's Faith and City Hunter which I cannot find on legal streaming sites.   Personal Taste is also not on Netflix, but at least it's on Viki.

Netflix has a feature where you can request them to add shows.  Here's the link:  https://help.netflix.com/en/titlerequest 

If LMH's fans request the three shows above, maybe Netflix will add them?

• Like 7

16 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

I will not forgive lazy SBS too. :joy: they pay a lot for drama itself (I'm sure TKEM was expensive) so maybe they don't wanna do other promotions. In contrast, tvN and JTBC have much better promotions. People pay to watch dramas there and writer don't have worry much about PPL. 

And YET, the other premiered shows had far LESS Local Ratings than TKEM , despite Heavy Promotion. Maybe it is early to boast maybe not, for the longer run.

Why does SBS always hogs onto LMH's shows is simply because he is LMH. When journalists talk about His Fanbase and now Intl Fanbase , one can actually see the discrepency in local fanbase+ ratings hoopla.

SBS plays smart. And TKEM was suggested to bring the Initial rating due to its cast, rest laid in Writers hand. Voila we have the result.

TKEM in all honesty sustained a lot because of the Cast, and Now news are being reported which earlier wasn't the case.Had TKEM being on paid channel or with a different cast, the Former would have still Led to a Better result with the same storyline.

Imagine Us global fans contributing to his shows SK ratings, what a Blast it would have been I wonder.

:handsup:

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, willenette said:

CallieP,  in Korean entertainment industry, many actors feel the necessity to change their appearance to get into the character and to help the audience differentiate between the various roles the actor has played. In particular, the hairstyle plays an important role, often acting as shorthand to describe a character. Not all actors change their hairstyle often, but there are many who do for each drama they take on & one of them is LMH. He’s one actor who always tries different hairstyles to get into his drama characters. In "BOF", you call that curly hair “conch”. For “PT”, he opted for a trendier cut that suited his architect character. ...  In “TH”, he cut his hair short –– giving him a more playful look. In “CH”, Lee Min Ho had long hair with a side-swept fringe with a few brown highlights. And that induction cut during his military service.  Ye, the hair makes the character – :blush:

It is a trend. I know LMH had to perm his hair for GJP because character had curly hair but for PT and CH, that was the hair style then because I noticed other actors sporting the same style during those years, very apparent during the year of PT and the year of CH. The second lead had the same hair style.  So did actors in other dramas. LMH had to grow his hair for Faith but after it ended, he cut it and that was his next style when Heirs came around. All other actors had the same or similar style too.

14 hours ago, syntyche said:

The digital content industry "New Wave Is Here."

Digital content is attracting attention these days. Moving from newspapers to portals to online shopping, from books to YouTube, companies have no choice but to focus on digital content suitable for digital platforms. A new wave of content industry has begun. 

Moreover, Hallyu contents such as music and movies have a very large direct and indirect economic contribution, such as enhancing the national image, contributing to promoting Korean products, and attracting foreign tourists to Korea.

Exports of Korean Wave content, which consists of characters, music, broadcasting, advertising, and movies, are also increasing. There is no recession in the export of content such as BTS, which topped the Billboard chart four times in a row, a parasite who won the Palme d'Or at the Cannes Film Festival, "The King: Eternal Monarch," who won the world's No. 1 drama on Netflix, and the Korean Wave character "Baby Shark," which ranks fifth in YouTube videos around the world. The character industry that develops characters and manufactures and distributes character products is an important Hallyu content industry. Pengsu is attracting attention as a next-generation cultural export that will become popular around the world.  

full article:

https://news.joins.com/article/23808163

13 hours ago, Heretorant said:

Don’t bother with them. I refuse to promote these blogs and and believe me, it’ll just get you angry. I will never understand why anyone spends so much time hating on a celebrity. At least we, as fans, spend time on lmh because we love him. 

I’m so happy and proud to see that TKEM is the start of a new wave! Finally getting the recognition it deserves! 
:cutekitty:

Netflix won the world's No. 1 drama 'The King: Lord of Eternity', ranked 5th on YouTube videos worldwide.

Looks like King is #5 on You Tube Videos worldwide. Another milestone.

But, when did King get to be # 1 on Netflix?

@leeminhosny always posts those and the highest was #7 or #8 so I am confused.  For the whole world for 2020, it was #15. So how is it #1?  Not that I am not ecstatic but did not see this anywhere else.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, CallieP said:

Netflix won the world's No. 1 drama 'The King: Lord of Eternity', ranked 5th on YouTube videos worldwide.

Looks like King is #5 on You Tube Videos worldwide.

But, when did King get to be # 1?

@leeminhosny always posts those and the highest was #7 or #8 so I am confused. For the whole world for 2020, it was #15. So how is it #1. Not that I am not ecstatic but did not see this anywhere else.

#5 on YouTube is referring to the “Baby Shark” video.

They are talking about TKEM being the #1 Korean Drama on Netflix. According to Studio Dragon TKEM is #9 worldwide On Netflix for the year and it is the only Korean Drama to rank that high. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

No news about LMH, so quiet..:crybaby:LMH's managernim! at least give me a 5 minute interview .. :tears:  After release of all TKEM success, it is good to hear from LMH too. 

SBS interview? some magazine? dunno! give me something! 

Hypothetical interview:

1- Hi Lee Min Ho ssi, tell us about your opinion regarding TKEM global success and Netflix world ranking.

2- Tell us about your collaboration with actress Kim Go Eun

3- What plans do you have as an actor for future?

4-  Do you wanna star in a movie or drama? 

5- Tell me what character and genre are interested in your next role?

6- Tell me which actress and actor do you wanna act with?

7- Tell me what writer and director do you wish to work with?

8- What have you been up to after TKEM ended?

9- You recently got closer to WDH, tell us about this new and fresh friendship

10- What is your opinion about being the most followed actor on social media. 

11- Do you have any dating plans?

12- Have your ideal girlfriend appearance and personality changed over the past years? What type of girlfriend do you want to have?

Thank you Lee Min Ho ssi for being with us.. :heart4:

• LOL 7

1 hour ago, Nikaa94 said:

No news about LMH, so quiet..:crybaby:LMH's managernim! at least give me a 5 minute interview .. :tears:  After release of all TKEM success, it is good to hear from LMH too. 

Hypothetical interview:

1- Hi Lee Min Ho ssi, tell us about your opinion regarding TKEM global success and Netflix world ranking.

2- Tell us about your collaboration with actress Kim Go Eun

3- What plans do you have as an actor for future?

4-  Do you wanna star in a movie or drama? 

5- Tell me what character and genre are interested in your next role?

6- Tell me which actress and actor do you wanna act with?

7- Tell me what writer and director do you wish to work with?

8- What have you been up to after TKEM ended?

9- You recently got closer to WDH, tell us about this new and fresh friendship

10- What is your opinion about being the most followed actor on social media. 

11- Do you have any dating plans?

12- Have your ideal girlfriend appearance and personality changed over the past years? What type of girlfriend do you want to have?

Thank you Lee Min Ho ssi for being with us.. :heart4:

love your questions and I am with you, it’s so quiet and I miss him. I already re watch TKEM

So many times and had re watch som episode of legends of the blue sea as well. And currently watching faith, but still stuck on episode 2. 

we need some sort of news, even if it’s just news of him being offered a project.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, scrawford said:

love your questions and I am with you, it’s so quiet and I miss him. I already re watch TKEM

So many times and had re watch som episode of legends of the blue sea as well. And currently watching faith, but still stuck on episode 2. 

we need some sort of news, even if it’s just news of him being offered a project.

Same!! I am rewatching CH. I miss him so much. The best way is to watch his previous projects and fun interviews on Youtube. I was watching Gangnam Blues Red carpet and it was fresh for me. After watching that, I miss LMH in movie industry. Hope he comes back with a movie first. Gangnam blues also have a Full Naver Movie Talk Live too on Youtube. I wanna watch that too even if there is no cc. 

Any news, even if not true, better than no news :joy:

By the way, there is a chance we see LMH appearing as VIP guest for KGE's new movie. I don't exactly know when is that.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2020/06/won-bin-draws-negative-attention-after-turning-down-drama-role-in-the-immortal

When i saw this article, for a hot minute i was like "Oh hey maybe they should offer this role to LMH" but then i decided it may not be the best decision why?

1. One wrong move and K-entz will start comparing him with won Bin. Not good

2. It's a another fantasy story and very similar storyline with Goblin. TKEM already suffer that comparison as it is.

3. It's the same PD as TKEM, Jung Ji-Hyun. Lets move on shall we

4. It's another super big budget drama. And while LMH earned big budget drama and has been in Big budget drama, i feel like this will be another overhype drama that people will have such high expectation and it will get criticized.

There you go, i created some news for us :)

• Like 10

2 hours ago, CallieP said:

Looks like King is #5 on You Tube Videos worldwide. Another milestone.

But, when did King get to be # 1 on Netflix?

@leeminhosny always posts those and the highest was #7 or #8 so I am confused.  For the whole world for 2020, it was #15. So how is it #1?  Not that I am not ecstatic but did not see this anywhere else.

" Ranking points are not associated with the streaming platforms and they do not represent the actual numbers of viewings or sales. "

These aren't actual numbers because there are just 50 countries points,  I said previously for example TKEM is #1 in Vietnam but it isn't in list so they didn't calculate Vietnam's point or other some countries, so I guess TKEM's real point should be higher

1 hour ago, Nikaa94 said:

All actor do so many interviews after dramas always, I am still waiting LMH interview but If I remember right LMH didn't so many interviews after LOBS I hope I will be mistaken but it was already 12 days:crazymad:

• Like 7

1 minute ago, scrawford said:

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2020/06/won-bin-draws-negative-attention-after-turning-down-drama-role-in-the-immortal

When i saw this article, for a hot minute i was like "Oh hey maybe they should offer this role to LMH" but then i decided it may not be the best decision why?

1. One wrong move and K-entz will start comparing him with won Bin. Not good

2. It's a another fantasy story and very similar storyline with Goblin. TKEM already suffer that comparison as it is.

3. It's the same PD as TKEM, Jung Ji-Hyun. Lets move on shall we

4. It's another super big budget drama. And while LMH earned big budget drama and has been in Big budget drama, i feel like this will be another overhype drama that people will have such high expectation and it will get criticized.

There you go, i created some news for us :)

100% agree with number 1!!!  

I don't want LMH to take a role that was created for a different actor before. 

100% agree with number 2!! The story is very similar!

10000% agree with number 3 and 4!

• Like 4
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

100% agree with number 1!!!  

I don't want LMH to take a role that was created for a different actor before. 

100% agree with number 2!! The story is very similar!

10000% agree with number 3 and 4!

But, our luck.... this could have been the hit of the year heheheh....

And i wonder why PD Jung would do another fantasy drama again. Maybe, he has learned a lot from Directing TKEM and then of course he will do really good for this drama and the directing will be praised :joy:

• LOL 6

5 minutes ago, scrawford said:

But, our luck.... this could have been the hit of the year heheheh....

And i wonder why PD Jung would do another fantasy drama again. Maybe, he has learned a lot from Directing TKEM and then of course he will do really good for this drama and the directing will be praised :joy:

haha! :joy: It is so risky to take dramas these days, sometimes hit sometimes miss. That is why I am worried about LMH. When I hear news about other dramas these days having problem and also rates, I figure K drama industry has become so competitive. Big writers such as KES, PJE, and other are safer to work with. Some writers mess up in the middle of the dramas too. It is quite scary!! 

LOL!! the PD has so much confidence in fantasy! He did learn a lot! I wish he had learned sooner thou:joy:

• LOL 7

11 minutes ago, scrawford said:

There isn't a chance that LMH's dramas low budget ,so LMH dramas will be big budget naturally always :allgoodlol:

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

Isn't Jung Ji-Hyun the second director? The one without Japan Ship Controversy??? Imo his parts were better understandable than the first one.He is good.

And are kdrama writers out of Ideas?? Goblin cannot die for 900 years, Manwol in HDL cannot die for a millenium?? Now this!! Please No..Give me a Real People Life drama for LMH now. 

:GN1:

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

There isn't a chance that LMH's dramas low budget ,so LMH dramas will be big budget naturally always :allgoodlol:

yes, I bet LMH's pay alone for each episode requires a huge budget. :glasses: First they need to prepare for his pay. 

LMH's project always create a lot of buzz and attention from media and netizens. Why? Because he is Lee Min ho!!

Look he updates his IG and the article on Naver makes it to top 10 list. Imagine the views of his come back project.

There is no way LMH can avoid high expectations from people. It comes very naturally because LMH is a very established and popular star in SK. That is why LMH and his agency should try best to choose a good project. If the offered projects are not good and recycle same story, then it is best to wait. Or just lets move on to movie industry!

Why dramas have same story? Why would writers recycle another writer idea and change it to produce drama. The man who doesn't die... the first thing that comes to mind is Goblin.SK drama industry seem to be interested in making a lot of fantasy dramas. But they all used the ideas before. Why not focus on action melodramas? 

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

Why dramas have same story? Why would writers recycle another writer idea and change it to produce drama. The man who doesn't die... the first thing that comes to mind is Goblin.SK drama industry seem to be interested in making a lot of fantasy dramas. But they all used the ideas before. Why not focus on action melodramas? 

Not sure how the rating trend audience pleasers work in SK. Maybe general consensus is Fantasy Sells more than Action in those terms.Or a Romance Drama/Family Drama is more preferred option than Hospital Dramas. It is all about how each prod house channel profits. Just a wild guess.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

haha! :joy: It is so risky to take dramas these days, sometimes hit sometimes miss. That is why I am worried about LMH. When I hear news about other dramas these days having problem and also rates, I figure K drama industry has become so competitive. Big writers such as KES, PJE, and other are safer to work with. Some writers mess up in the middle of the dramas too. It is quite scary!! 

LOL!! the PD has so much confidence in fantasy! He did learn a lot! I wish he had learned sooner thou:joy:

Knetz always criticize low rating but they think simple always, producers  think different because they think just money winning things,  a drama can be with high rating in Korea but if actors aren't known other countries , this dramas sales low always, it earns just in Korea ,if we compare a Hallyu actor dramas it , Hallyu actor dramas sales are higher than less popular actors dramas always , for example last year Sky Castle was hit in Korea but how many international drama fan know it?( I watched so I know it) And it was sold how many countries? So producers choice firstly Hallyu actors.Even drama rating is low, they earn from other countries sales

• Like 4
  • Insightful 3