Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

@SophieH

hahaha chingu .

Problem solved with my husband 's help.

I was so nervous I could not recognize the poster with Do Hwan Netflix had when I was searching The King The eternal monarch.

I was looking for Minho can anyone blame me?

After 3 years with him away your eyes searching only for his familiar face!

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

I watch the first episode on Netflix using a Roku and had no problems. I've always had problems casting from either an iPad or iPhone so I've largely given up on that. I highly recommend Roku if you don't have a smart tv.

I could not believe how utterly stunning LMH is in this series. He just makes my heart flutter. And he's perfect for the role of King with his height, looks and elegant bearing. My, my! In the past I've sometimes described myself as more of a fan of Choi Young (Faith) as played by LMH rather than a straightforward LMH fan. Not anymore! Yes, he's older and even better! 

• Like 14

I love this scene with the children! 

Min-ho looks so bright. 

I didn't know I would like this sageuk look so much.  :wub:

2ac8500134269583f3d7e14e7308ff34074362c1

I find Alice in Wonderland boring, too.  :lol:  (But I'm sure I'll like the LMH version.)  :D

09852f3eff3f0ba4ca48468e548b8977be628e41

:kiss_wink:

• Like 11
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, 1ouise said:

I love this scene with the children! 

Min-ho looks so bright. 

I didn't know I would like this sageuk look so much.  :wub:

2ac8500134269583f3d7e14e7308ff34074362c1

I find Alice in Wonderland boring, too.  :lol:  (But I'm sure I'll like the LMH version.)  :D

09852f3eff3f0ba4ca48468e548b8977be628e41

Decent? More like a master piece! :lol:

• Like 9

Soomzies old and new annyeong :wub:

I was summoned and now I’m here. Thanks for all the posts/ updates. This thread is truly uri Minho’s parallel world—when he’s active, we can’t help but emerge from our quarantines :blush:

So...I just watched the first episode and although our boy only came out fully in the 2nd half of the 1st hour, I liked it. Felt and looked like a movie. Can’t wait for everything to unravel. I echo your disbelief—-how can he look even more handsome???!!! Like fine wine, indeed. Not just his face, but his body appears more chiseled and firm :w00t:

Fans on Twitter are saying that the real-time rating of the 1st episode is around 16%.  That sounds impressive to me relative to prevailing viewership %s and that it’s only the premier episode.  

We’re in for a good ride, chingus.  Pray all’s well and stay safe out there :heart:

• Like 10
  • Love 5

8 minutes ago, Deepakmahajan said:

@pixie0622 i dont know what real time thing is? If they are predicting  16% , does real number ends up close to it like most of the time??? Thanku

Ratings usually come below the real-time ratings. At least 2-3%. But 12-14% as starters is a great start! Anxiously waiting for the ratings to come out and hoping it will do well! 

@pixie0622 he ages like fine wine indeed! 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

14 minutes ago, pixie0622 said:

Soomzies old and new annyeong :wub:

I was summoned and now I’m here. Thanks for all the posts/ updates. This thread is truly uri Minho’s parallel world—when he’s active, we can’t help but emerge from our quarantines :blush:

So...I just watched the first episode and although our boy only came out fully in the 2nd half of the 1st hour, I liked it. Felt and looked like a movie. Can’t wait for everything to unravel. I echo your disbelief—-how can he look even more handsome???!!! Like fine wine, indeed. Not just his face, but his body appears more chiseled and firm :w00t:

Fans on Twitter are saying that the real-time rating of the 1st episode is around 16%.  That sounds impressive to me relative to prevailing viewership %s and that it’s only the premier episode.  

We’re in for a good ride, chingus.  Pray all’s well and stay safe out there :heart:

@pixie0622

big hugs and kisses to my chingu.

I am glad you are here and want you to stay here : )

Did not watch it yet but i saw the opening and it reminded me the GOT opening.

Looks very epic!

Welcome back my friend!

btw pixie I was reading  some old pages  -pg number 1998- and I miss those days.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20200418

The King of Eternity, number one in the same time slot on all channels from the first episode.Kim Eun-sook Power 

SBS' new Friday-Saturday drama "The King-Eternal Monarch" (written by Kim Eun-sook/directed by Baek Sang-hoon, produced by Jung Ji-hyun/produced by Hwa & Dam Pictures), which first aired on the 17th, overwhelmed the small screen with its all-time best move to surpass double-digit ratings from the first broadcast. According to ratings agency Nielsen Korea, the first episode of "The King-The Lord of Eternity" achieved 11.4 percent in the first part of the Seoul metropolitan area and 12.9 percent in the second part, ranking first in the same time slot for all channels. It also recorded 6.8 percent in viewer ratings, a major indicator of advertising officials, breaking the record for the first episode of SBS's "Friday-Saturday Drama" and soaring to a record high of 14 percent (part two) in the instant, proving the popularity of "Kim Eun-sook's Drama."

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=202004180820547795353_1

2020041801001228600082351.jpg

It is literally the return of the king. Actor Lee Min-ho returned with an image of a firmer, more mature emperor and shook the hearts of viewers.

SBS' new Friday-Saturday drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" (hereinafter referred to as "The King"), which has been a hot topic even before its airing with Lee Min-ho's comeback, was first aired on the 17th amid keen interest. An interesting narrative and grand-scale visual beauty of the film unfolded against the backdrop of the parallel world, in which the constitutional monarchy's "Korea Empire" and the presidential system's "Korea Republic" coexist on different dimensions.

Lee Min-ho, who turned into the Korean Empire emperor Lee Gon in 2020, showed the power of fame and fortune with his deeper masculinity and fluttering charm of romantic comedy, relieving viewers of the long wait and thirst.

The second episode of SBS Friday-Saturday drama "The King" will air at 10 p.m. on Saturday night, 18th, and will be available on Netflix.

http://www.sportsseoul.com/news/read/906865?ref=naver

Wecome back, @pixie0622:)

Edited by syntyche
  • Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone!

This is actually Nika94! LOL!  :D  I hope you are all well. I have come back and will be more active here. The first episode of the King was great and I loved how fast-paced it was. Do you know if all the episodes are pre-recorded or not? I read some comments on Naver and some netizens were complaining that they didn't understand the story (used google translate to read the comments).  I personally think this drama has a lot of potential. Like how I used to translate comment for Legend of the blue sea, I will try to do the same for this drama. :))

Edited by Nikaa94
  • Like 9
  • Love 1

“The King: Eternal Monarch” Sets SBS Ratings Record With Premiere

308d6406f7194e5b9b32ade343834d6f.jpeg?s=

SBS’s “The King: Eternal Monarch” has premiered to a strong start.

The drama, starring Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun, is a fantasy romance that tells the story of two parallel universes, one in which Korea is a constitutional monarchy and one similar to present-day Korea. Lee Min Ho plays Emperor Lee Gon, and Kim Go Eun is detective Jung Tae Eul.

According to Nielsen Korea, the April 17 premiere of the drama recorded nationwide averages of 10.1 and 11.4 percent viewership, setting an SBS record with the network’s highest Friday-Saturday drama premiere ratings thus far. Rankings for best Friday-Saturday premieres on SBS include “The Fiery Priest” (10.4 percent), “Vagabond” (10.4 percent), and “Hyena” (10.3 percent).

JTBC’s “The World of the Married,” which had seen an increase in ratings with each episode since its premiere, saw a 0.3 point decrease on Friday, recording 18.5 percent viewership.

Channel A’s “Eccentric! Chef Moon” recorded 0.8 percent ratings.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1395004wpp/the-king-eternal-monarch-sets-sbs-ratings-record-with-premiere

Lee Min Ho x Kim Go Eun's 'The King: Eternal Monarch' premieres with the highest ever first episode ratings for a weekend drama

1587166979-20200417-theking.jpg

On April 17, scriptwriter Kim Eun Sook's new SBS Fri-Sat drama series 'The King: Eternal Monarch' aired its highly-anticipated first episode, starring Lee Min Ho, Kim Go Eun, Woo Do Hwan, Lee Jung Jin, and more.

According to Nielsen Korea, the grand premiere of 'The King: Eternal Monarch' recorded average viewership ratings of 11.4% and 12.9% for episodes 1 and 2 aired on Friday night, marking the highest ever viewership ratings recorded by a weekend evening drama series. Furthermore, the highest viewership rating recorded during episode 2 reached as high as 14%.

The newest blockbuster project by hit scriptwriter Kim Eun Sook of 'The Heirs', 'Descendants of the Sun', 'Goblin', 'Mister Sunshine', and more, 'The King: Eternal Monarch' tells the fantasy story of two different modern day dimensions, and a connected doorway. In the story, Lee Min Ho plays the role of a modern day king with the power to travel across this dimensional doorway, while Kim Go Eun plays the role of a detective who investigates this stranger from a different world. 

Did you catch the grand premiere of SBS's 'The King: Eternal Monarch'?

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2020/04/lee-min-ho-x-kim-go-euns-the-king-eternal-monarch-premieres-with-the-highest-ever-first-episode-ratings-for-a-weekend-drama

55 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

Hello everyone!

This is actually Nika94! LOL!  :D  I hope you are all well. I have come back and will be more active here. The first episode of the King was great and I loved how fast-paced it was. Do you know if all the episodes are pre-recorded or not? I read some comments on Naver and some netizens were complaining that they didn't understand the story (used google translate to read the comments).  I personally think this drama has a lot of potential. Like how I used to translate comment for Legend of the blue sea, I will try to do the same for this drama. :))

Hi @Nikaa94! The first part of the drama is preproduced. They are still filming now, if I'm not mistaken, they're on 5th of 6 chapters. Let's all enjoy this drama!

• Like 10

Thanks @syntyche for sharing the Nielsen K ratings. Just realized that Netflix’ 1 episode is 2 episodes in Korea. Saw a comparative grid (on Weibo) that showed how TKEM fared vs other Friday shows and it’s #3. Not bad at all. 

But ratings aside, it’s great to see how the Minoz fandom has come alive across all social media. Hope LMH realizes that his work offers us bored and anxious souls all over the world some sort of panacea in this quarantime. 

Wanted to bring some pictures but forgot how :tears:

• Like 10

@pixie0622  yay, you posted!

I considered waiting until the watch party to actually watch the first episode, but I ended up watching it .  I liked Lee Rim or is it Lee Lim?  I thought he is a good villain.  I LOVED :heart: little Jo Young offering a cookie to the mourning little Lee Gon.  However, I do understand knetizen's complaint.  I think it should have started with a narrative explaining the parallel worlds.  Well, whenever we have the watch party, I'll comment more.

Did anyone have a problem getting into soompi last night?  The message said the server was down.  I thought oh great, just when The King is starting, but by this morning it was fine. 

• Like 5

Guys i am not worried for rating at all. Heirs started in same range, we also have to factor online portals these days to steal some ratings, and heirs went on to become so massive . Drama has started with double digit. We can relax.

It has 15 episodes to go. Kim eun sook dramas first few episodes r slow but story paces up after 4 episodes. I am 100% sure it will be huge. I am reading interntional  response is huge. Hope netflix releases ranking 

• Like 3