Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

How fabulous is that third picture of LMH and Maximus- they look like they are having a discussion! Whoever made the decision to get a white horse for the king got it spot on because they look so majestic together. What a beautiful costar!

• Like 11
  • Awesome 1

Interview: The cast of Netflix’s The King: Eternal Monarch unfold fantasies

Over the video call, we talked to Lee Min-ho, Kim Go-eun and the cast as they shared their thoughts on parallel universes, their characters and collaboration with writer Kim Eun-suk.

by Noel Khoo

1587444968677151-The_King_14.jpg?w=1920&h=800&fit=clip&crop=faces&fm=pjpg&auto=compress

Netflix presents The King: Eternal Monarch written by Kim Eun-suk  (who also authored the 2016 fantasy romance Goblin) starring Kim Go-eun, Lee Min-ho, Jung Eun-chae, Woo Do-hwan, Kim Kyung-nam and more.

This new chronicle is set in parallel universes where the characters have alter-personas in a different space-time. It tells a tale about identity and asking one question: "Will you give up on the person you are becoming and trade it with another ‘you’?"

“Kim Eun-suk writer has created enchanting parallel universes for The King,” said Kim Go-eun when asked her thoughts on the script. “The storytelling is detailed and intriguing, the characters are brought to life with every heartbeat.” 

1587445301845814 theking 10

Lee Gon (Lee Min-ho) and Jung Tae-eul (Kim Go-eun)

It was just an ordinary day on duty when inspector Jung Tae-eul and Lee Gon, the king of Kingdom of Corea, found each other in front of Gwanghwamun – from that moment on, their past and future intertwined. Together with their close ones, they are whisked into unexpected turns in life, and a future full of decisions awaits.

“To me, it is more of a heart-warming fairytale. Every character is unique in their own way, and with that, brings out the captivating chemistry between them,” said Lee Min-ho during the press conference of The King: Eternal Monarch.

Scroll down to read the full interview with the cast of The King: Eternal Monarch:

Tell us more about the parallel universes and your role in The King: Eternal Monarch.

Lee Min-ho: The King is a story set in parallel universes, the characters play the part to reflect the contrast between different time and space. I put in a lot of effort to understand Lee Gon -what he's been through and where he comes from -I hope that our audience can feel the same.

Kim Go-eun: There is a great difference between Tae-eul and Luna. To bring them to life, I spent a lot of time picturing the way they talk, the energy they give off and even the way they dress. This is the first time for me to play a dual role ever since my debut, I had a lot of fun although it came with a certain level of stress. However, at the end of the day, I really enjoyed the conversations in my head between Tae-eul and Luna. 

We saw lovely chemistry between Lee Gon and Tae-eul that comes from the duality of their personalities.

Lee Min-ho: It is! Lee Gon has a science background whilst Tae-eul is a typical liberal arts major. I actually studied a lot about math and physics in order to portray this character (laughs). Lee Gon is a very grounded person, he gives definite answers and takes time to seek the truth because he really cares. It can sometimes be quite frustrating for the people around him, but he had meant every word he said.

Kim Go-eun: Tae-eul is literally the opposite of Lee Gon and there’s no way she is a science major (laughs). I don’t know how to put it into words but I can really relate to Tae-eul, like I know how she will feel and react. She is not a mindful type of person compared to Lee Gon; she listens to her intuition and brings it into action.

Spoiler

1587185911453331 theking 1

“I’m someone who still doesn’t believe that the earth is round.” -is this telling us something about Tae-eul?

Kim Go-eun: Rather than saying Tae-eul has a different idea on the shape of the earth, it is more about she is someone who doesn’t put a lot of value on ‘abstract belief’, in other words, something that people trust and believe even though they cannot see it before their eyes.

We all know that the earth is round, however, none of us has ever seen it for ourselves. To Tae-eul, there’s no need to think about it until she can actually see it with her own eyes.

1587153020851951 theking 5
Kang Shin-jae (Kim Kyung-nam) and Jung Tae-eul (Kim Go-eun)
1587154049971883 theking 8
Jo Young (Woo Do-Hwan) and Lee Gon (Lee Min-ho)

Do you believe in the existence of a parallel universe? 

Woo Do-hwan: It sounds quite terrifying to me, I don’t think there will only be good news from that space-time. If there's a parallel universe, I will pretend it doesn’t exist and live on with my life, (pauses) but if anyone wants to bring me along, I don't mind going and maybe looking for the other 'me' there. But again, it intimidates me with overwhelming emotions, thinking that there's another person who looks exactly the same as me living a better or worse life than me.

Jung Eun-chae: I don’t really believe in the existence of a parallel universe, but I did imagine it. I wondered how would it be like to have another world different from the one I am living in.

Kim Kyung-nam: I don't think there's a parallel universe, but I did imagine it during the filming of The King. It is actually quite fun to have another 'me' from a different universe, I can hang out with this person, and if everything goes well, maybe we can switch for a few days living each other’s life. 

1587153816280019 theking 6
Gu Seo-ryeong (Jung Eun-chae)

1587147978597403 theking 3
Lee Gon (Lee Min-ho)

It has been more than ten years since you played your first role, do you have any thoughts on the rise of Korean TV and film production over the past decade?

Lee Min-ho: Much like I didn’t have any idea that I will still be an actor after ten years since my debut, I think that’s also the same for the fact that we don’t really know where was the turning point of Korean content.

It is now a cultural icon and just being able to take part in this industry as well as working with all the amazing talents, is a wonderful experience for me. And now because of working with Netflix, we are able to reach out to a wider audience, I really can’t wait to show our works to people from different parts of the world.

Watch The King: Eternal Monarch on netflix.com.

Photo courtesy of Netflix and SBS

https://www.lofficielmalaysia.com/personalities/interview-netflix-the-king-eternal-monarch-drama-kim-go-eun-lee-min-ho-cast

• Like 8
  • Love 4

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20200422

"The King", parallel world romance across different dimensions. 3 Key Points on Parallel Worlds 

SBS Friday-Saturday drama "The King-Eternal Monarch" (written by Kim Eun-sook/directed by Baek Sang-hoon, produced by Hwa & Dam Pictures), which kicked off its first airing on Friday, is a fantasy that depicts the romantic relationship between Lee Gon (Lee Min-ho), the emperor of the Korean Empire who is trying to close the door of the dimension, and Korean detective Jeong Tae-Eul (Kim Go-eun), who tries to protect someone's life, people, across the world.

Above all, fateful love is further emphasized by the unique imagination of setting up a peaceful world into two coexisting worlds - "Corea" and "Korea." In a related development, the two different worlds of Lee Gon and Jeong Tae-eul were compared and analyzed.

#1 The Korean Empire - Lee Gon's World/The Emperor's Existence (the constitutional monarchy) & Capital Busan

The "Korean Empire," the world of Lee Gon, is a constitutional monarchy where the emperor exists as the head of state, and actual politics is led by the prime minister, Koo Seo-ryeong (Jung Eun-chae), who leads the parliament, and is a fictional state that does not exist in history. As a result, the capital city of Korea is Busan, and the statue of Yi Sun-sin is located on Dongbaek Island in Busan. The Korean Empire, where trams running on rails on roads are used as a means of transportation, is also a world where the unfortunate emperor Lee Gon ascended to the throne at the age of 8, Cho Young-hwan, commander of the Imperial Guard, protects Lee Gon, and Noh Sang-gung (Kim Young-ok), educated and nurtured Lee Gon with all his heart. In the equilibrium world, Lee Gon and Jung Tae-eul were living in the same time zone, the year 2019 of the Korean Empire and the year 2019 of the Korean Republic, but they were living in a completely different country.

#Korea - World of Jeong Tae-eul / NO Emperor & Capital Seoul

Unlike the Korean Empire, the world of Jeong Tae-eul, "Korea," has a presidential system state run by a president elected through an election without an emperor, and the capital is in Seoul. In the last two episodes, Lee Gon explained what he studied about his "Corea" and Jeong Tae-eul's "Korea." Prince Sohyun, who had been killed in the history of the Republic of Korea, rose to the throne as King Yeongjong in the Korean Empire to prevent the rebellion, and since then the history of the Korean Empire and Republic of Korea has been gradually different. And then Korea was surprised, saying that it had achieved high-speed growth through compressed industrialization through wars and division. In addition, the statue of Yi Sun-shin stands tall in Gwanghwamun in Korea, where Lee Gon fatefully met Jeong Tae-eul. In this Korea, it is also a world where Kang Shin-jae (Kim Kyung-nam), is a detective of Korea's 3-man violent team with Jung Tae-eul, and Cho Eun-Seop, has the same face as Cho Young-jo of the Korean Empire, but the opposite behavior.

#Dimensional Gate-Danggan Jiju/ Lee Rim (Lee Jung-jin) & Yeo-mo Night & Manpa-sik-jeok

The decisive event that led to the crossing of the parallel world began with the night of revenge, which was caused by Lee Rim (Lee Jeong-jin), the gold-chin king of the Korean Empire. On a historic day when the treasure "Manpa-sik-jeok (flute)," meaning "two worlds," was unveiled to the public for the first time in 20 years, Lee Rim killed his half-brother and Lee Gon's father, Sun Hwang-je Lee-ho, and took the "Manpa-sik-jeok." However, as eight-year-old Lee Gon fought back when he saw his bleeding father, the flute broke in to two, and Lee Rim, who took one piece and went to the bamboo forest, had the door of dimension opened in front of him. And Lee Rim and Lee Gon came over to the parallel world through the door of dimension, which consists of two pillars revealed in the Great Forest. Lee Gon met Jung Tae-eul, the owner of the identification card he got from the night of treason 25 years ago.

"The King" contains the imagination of a parallel world that everyone has dreamed of at least once, but has never seen its true nature," the production company Hwa & Dam Pictures said. "Please look forward to the romance that will unfold between the two main characters in the Korean Empire and the Republic of Korea, and the fresh story that will be derived from the entangled relationship."

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=202004220838162423352_1

• Like 8

Studio Dragon's share price forecast to succeed after 'The King' 

Kim Eun-sook's "The King," which began airing on SBS on Friday, surpassed double-digit ratings from the first episode. It is the highest rating among the first episodes of SBS' Friday-Saturday drama. In the second episode, the highest viewer rating of 14.7% shook off concerns about ratings.

Industry sources estimate that Studio Dragon achieved a break-even point as it pre-sold "The King" to Netflix. Considering the rise in Netflix sales margins, some predicted that the company will easily achieve 16.9 billion won in operating profit in the second quarter of this year.

(skipped unrelated)

http://news.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=20200422000169

• Like 8
  • Love 2

LMH always diligently reviewing his scenes  

EWLPvDOU8AACLdG?format=jpg&name=small

Spoiler

EWLPvkQU4AAxDoJ?format=jpg&name=small

EWLPulwUcAEqkWB?format=jpg&name=small

EWLP4l-UYAIsWwS?format=jpg&name=small

EWLP4LwVcAE58rm?format=jpg&name=small

18 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

NOw I know I'm going crazy.  I'm shipping LMH with Maximus! lol

Welcome to the club @CarolynH:lol:

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Lee Min Ho Endearingly Bickers To Start Romance With Kim Go Eun In New Episode Preview Of “The King: Eternal Monarch”

ADORABLY CHEEKY, KING LEE GON IS DETERMINED TO START ROMANCE WITH JUNG TAE EUL IN THE PREVIEW OF THE KING: ETERNAL MONARCH‘S NEWEST EPISODE.

Leaning on a fast-pace vibe, Lee Min Ho cutely asserts romance with Kim Go Eun’s character in the latest teaser of The King: Eternal Monarch.

Spoiler

The-King-Eternal-Monarch-1.jpg

In the released preview of episode 3, Jung Tae Eul is amusingly exasperated as Lee Gon continues to build their romantic world without her permission.

Resolute to his belief that Tae Eul saved him 25 years ago, Lee Gon continues to bargain with his alternate world theory. He continues to shower her with his presence, albeit Tae Eul’s thinking that he is delusional.

Meanwhile, with Lee Gon’s vanishing, the Head Court Lady of the Kingdom makes a move to locate him.

Jo Yeong (Woo Do Hwan) worries about his King’s disappearance while Gu Seo Ryung (Jung Eun Chae) is unhappy about being hindered to see Lee Gon.

In the Republic, more questions are raised as Detective Kang Sin Jae (Kim Kyung Nam) appears to have ties with Lee Gon’s world due to him recognizing a specific emblem.

Lee Gon discovers that time stopped for him when he crossed a new dimension. He

also experiences some pain which is a side effect from being in the other world for too long.

WHAT TO EXPECT IN EPISODE 3?

Following a successful premiere with impressive viewership ratings,The King: Eternal Monarch preps up to unearth the cryptic parallel world theme of the story.

There’s much to be excited for in the upcoming episodes with the trailer showing Lee Gon and Jung Tae-eul in the bamboo forest. Lee Gon will be returning to his world and he might be taking Jung Tae-eul with him soon.

How will their relationship change once she realizes he’s not lying about being an emperor in a different world? Look forward to their romance blossoming as they traverse both worlds and find answers to the mysteries!

FB_IMG_1587270806267-768x768.jpg

ABOUT THE KING: ETERNAL MONARCH

The King: Eternal Monarch tells the story of two parallel universes, one in which Korea is a constitutional monarchy and one which is similar to present-day Korea. Lee Min-ho stars as Emperor Lee Gon, who fights evil and tries to close the door between the worlds, and Kim Go-eun stars as Detective Jung Tae-eul, who teams up with him to protect people’s lives.

The King: Eternal Monarch is available on Netflix with weekly episodes every Friday and Saturday at 10.30pm SGT.

https://www.hellokpop.com/kdrama/the-king-eternal-monarch-episode-3-preview

• Like 10

Watch Hit Dramas With Kim Tae Hee, Park Shin Hye, Lee Min Ho, Lee Jong Suk, And Many More On Viki For Free In Southeast Asia!

8254e94ee81742f4bfe15a0c4e80e3d9.jpeg?s=

If you’re located in Southeast Asia and have been hoping to re-watch (or newly discover) classic K-dramas by some of your favorite actors, you’re in luck!

Starting today, viewers in Southeast Asia can watch dramas by some of the most popular Korean actors like Lee Min Ho ... and many more for free on Viki.

The dramas you can now watch at no charge are “Heirs,” ...

Other dramas like “Boys over Flowers,” ... are also free on Viki for users located in Southeast Asia.

Click on any of the titles linked above and start binge-watching to your heart’s delight!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1395659wpp/watch-hit-dramas-with-kim-tae-hee-park-shin-hye-lee-min-ho-lee-jong-suk-and-many-more-on-viki-for-free-in-southeast-asia

NetflixPh IG update

Looking for k-dramas that are out of this world? I gotchu

EWMmiQ6VAAAx8Y2?format=jpg&name=small

Spoiler

EWMmirTUYAAN1yv?format=jpg&name=small

King Sejong Institute IG update

Shadow Lee Gon's Lines from "The King: Eternal Monarch"
Watch this TV drama starring Lee Min-ho, the goodwill ambassador for King Sejong Institue Foundation! Say his lines and upload the files to win Lee Min-ho merchandise as a prize!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_RmkT9BwPi/?igshid=qzgpkfvjrmxo

EWMSU3DUwAAQ03H?format=jpg&name=small

Spoiler

EWMSVYqVcAAs5-6?format=jpg&name=small

EWMSWalUEAEpPMF?format=jpg&name=small

EWMSV5IVAAE5-P8?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 8
  • Love 1