Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Can you guess which Lee Min Ho drama it is by a simple screenshot?

Take the fun quiz to find out

Lee Min-ho has an incredible fan following and with good reason as his incredible performances can melt even the coldest of hearts. We want to know how knowledgeable you are when it comes to the Hallyu star. Take the fun quiz below to find out.

Written By Karishma Shetty  88632 reads  Mumbai  Updated: December 26, 2020 

lee_min_ho_guess_k_drama_simple_screensh

It's impossible to talk about Korean dramas without a mention of Lee Min-ho, whose magnetic performances in cult shows like Boys Over Flowers and The Heirs managed to win hearts on a worldwide level. Hence, even though The King: Eternal Monarch may have opened to some negative reviews, fans absolutely loved Min-ho's return performance as Lee Gon post completing his mandatory military service.

We're curious to know how well-versed you are when it comes to Lee Min-ho's popular dramas. Take the fun quiz below to find out:

Speaking of Min-ho, the Hallyu star has a major fan following on Instagram with an impressive 21.7 million followers. While fans are anxiously waiting for Min-ho's next project post The King: Eternal Monarch, the 33-year-old actor is busy with the shoot of his upcoming drama Pachinko. For the unversed, Pachinko is based on Min Jin Lee's 2017 novel of the same name. Moreover, along with Min-ho, the Apple series will also star Jin Ha, Anna Sawai, Minha Kim, Soji Arai and Kaho Minami in pivotal roles.

Inspite of his busy schedule, Min-ho manages to keep his fans, known as Minoz, delighted with his fun Instagram posts which sees the handsome actor enjoying the small things in his everyday life like going on walks on the streets of Seoul or even enjoying a fun dinner.

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/can-you-guess-which-lee-min-ho-drama-it-simple-screenshot-take-fun-quiz-find-out-587202

I got the result:

You're a Lee Min-ho Encyclopedia!
Result Image
We know who we're calling if there's ever a Lee Min-ho trivia quiz night.

• Like 3
  • Blob 4

@leeminhosny, Thanks for the footnote on the beautiful clip - I downloaded it to my computer!

Top 3: Lee Min Ho's Best Couples in Korean Dramas

AUTHOR: ALEJANDRA
DECEMBER 26, 2020

Lee Min Ho is one of the most recognizable and beloved actors on the Korean stage. In his countless productions, the actor has managed to win our hearts over and over again, and apparently this is partly due to his co-stars.

In order for the drama to fully capture us, the chemistry between its actors is very important, and Lee Min Ho has shown that his professionalism is one level higher because with each of his colleagues he seems to have incredible chemistry that makes his dramas unique. of the most viewed.

However, some of their partners stood out so much that viewers dream of their romance being real. So let's take a look at the top 3 couples who had the best chemistry with Lee Min Ho during Korean dramas:

Lee Min Ho and Goo Hye Sun

4eeb1e147f114d66fdbdeb295570d949.jpg

It cannot be denied that Boys Over Flowers is one of Lee Min Ho's most beloved dramas, which is why it has become a must-see classic. But that's partly because of her great chemistry with Goo Hye Sun, who plays Jen Di in the drama.

Lee Min Ho and Song Ye Jin

28b4239b7a101689cd1b4e6a5052cd87-1024x68

Lee Min Ho and Song Ye Jin had very romantic moments as a fictional couple in the drama Personal Taste, which is why they also became viewers' favorites due to their great chemistry.

Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun

Sin-titulo-36.png

And how can we fail to mention Kim Go Eun, who was her queen in The King: Eternal Monarch and who managed to win us over thanks to the chemistry between her and Lee Min Ho.

I think we all fantasize that this couple is real, they are perfect together. (* w *)

What is your favorite Lee Min Ho couple in Korean dramas?

translation from spanish google

https://kpoplat.com/2020/12/26/top-3-las-mejores-parejas-de-lee-min-ho-en-los-k-dramas/

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

13 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

this is LMH’s live Instagram, he is reading comments and he also answers questions :approves:

He speaks though.  I thought he responded in writing on Instagram.  That is why I was confused.  Seems more like a YouTube or something. He is so cute though.  Could fans see him then on Instagram? I did not know Instagram can do that.  I thought that is on YouTube.  He should do a live chat on YouTube, on his own channel.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

I am hoping for a modern drama.

@backstreetboysfan, I also prefer modern drama. Modern setting is one of the most familiar based off of the fact that all viewers live in a similar time. We can more easily relate to and understand it. We are knowledgeable about how things work, the current laws, technology, societal expectations and so on. I observed that not many people are into historical/sageuk dramas. And I can understand them because I am not a sageuk fan either. I dunno. It could be just me. :blush:

10 minutes ago, CallieP said:

He speaks though.  I thought he responded in writing on Instagram.  That is why I was confused.  Seems more like a YouTube or something. He is so cute though.  Could fans see him then on Instagram? I did not know Instagram can do that.  I thought that is on YouTube.  He should do a live chat on YouTube, on his own channel.

@CallieP, users can now request to join a live stream that they’re watching and, if accepted, can start broadcasting live as the host’s guest. To request to join a live video a viewer can tap a request button in the comments section. Hosts see the request pop up in real time and can accept or deny, and also have access to a list of pending requests in case a bunch of different people are trying to join in. Instagram had already let anyone streaming live invite a friend to join them, but by adding a request feature the possibilities for collaboration are greatly expanded. Imagine a celebrity “taking calls” from fans. With the ability to see all pending requests, a host could pick a fan to join them live at random, or even selectively pick someone who just made an insightful comment in the chat. Of course, there’s the worry that someone says something inappropriate when they join, but that’s not necessarily any riskier than allowing random people to comment on your posts. In an ideal world, Instagram would build in a feature like a 2- or 3-second delay that would let the host boot the guest if they said anything inappropriate, but for now it seems like hosts will just have to selectively screen their guests. :blush:

4 hours ago, Missprincesa said:

I totally agree. Do I want to see LMH wearing a suit in a red carpet? Totally yes. Do I want to see the TKEM cast together in the same place? Of course. 

But since the situation is not good I prefer to replay videos of him attending old events and wait for new red carpet videos in the future. 

I totally loved him in Faith, but I think it is because of the character, since some outfits were a bit difficult to watch (that long coat in the last chapters :sweatingbullets:). But he looked sooo good in his armour... 

Totally, I wasn't expecting something like Pachinko and I think he is going to surprise us again with his choices. 

Sorry, what is the meaning of BGM? 

Pachinko is historical, since the book starts with the Japanese occupation and goes from there. But is not ancient or medieval history, so I define it as historical but not a saeguk. 

@Missprincesa, Korean Historical dramas is also known as sageuks. Sageuks mean ‘historical’ and the word ‘geuk’ meaning ‘drama’, they are literally historical dramas. In the western world, the equivalent term would be ‘period drama’. :blush:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

Yes, I like more Legend's historical parts, there were so many historical Kdrama but they need big budget so Channels can't prepare more Historiacal drama since China Hallyu Ban. There are just 1-2 his. dramas currently.

I don't think Pachinko as historical 

@leeminhosny, but, "Pachinko" is described as an epic historical novel.  It is expected to tell a heart-wrenching story of history, so it's historical. :blush:

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, willenette said:

@Missprincesa, Korean Historical dramas is also known as sageuks. Sageuks mean ‘historical’ and the word ‘geuk’ meaning ‘drama’, they are literally historical dramas. In the western world, the equivalent term would be ‘period drama’. :blush:

Thank you! I didn't know the etymology of the word and I thought it was only used regarding dramas set up in the medieval times. So Pachinko it is a saeguk. Never heard the term 'period drama', though, but technically those dramas are not so common in Western countries as in Eastern countries. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Missprincesa said:

Thank you! I didn't know the etymology of the word and I thought it was only used regarding dramas set up in the medieval times. So Pachinko it is a saeguk. Never heard the term 'period drama', though. 

@Missprincesa, period drama are often called by different names : "period drama, costume drama, and period piece". It is a work set in a past time period, usually used in the context of film and television. :blush:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

*** SBS is opening up a bulletin board with a poll open for 1 week asking viewers which of its drama OTPs do the fans want to see reunited in another drama again.There are so many classics and great pairings to choose from in SBS dramas alone. Currently viewers have been posting and the main picks for reuniting again are: Lee Jun Ki and IU from Moon Lovers, Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun from The King: Eternal Monarch, Ji Sung and Lee Se Young in Doctor John, Hyun Bin and Ha Ji Won in Secret Garden, Ji Chang Wook and Nam Ji Hyun in Suspicious Partner, and Kim Soo Hyun and Jeon Ji Hyun in their epic You From Another Star. :blush:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*** Despite of restrictions now in the SBS Drama Awards, I'm still glad that they're still holding its year-end event & decided to forgo the tradition. It's just that all attendees will not seat in round tables this time & instead winners will stay backstage and will just come out to accept their awards, which will not be handed to them but will already be placed on a table with a microphone for the winner to give a speech & then take their award. For me, it's NICELY done! I guess SBS can make many new categories this time so, everyone will have an award & no one feels left-out. They had done this in the past, though. :grin:

• Like 5

Sageuk I call them Joseon Era drama, Goreyo Era Drama.

Then you have Pre War Era Dramas . All are Historical. 

I can then differentiate easily in K dramas then Lol.

(Learnt to differentiate while binging on C dramas, Xianxia, Wuxia, Repulbic Era Drama, IDOL Drama, IP drama etc etc)

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

10 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

I like historical dramas, their love is more emotional and deeper , I hope LMH will star in historical drama in next 2-3 years.

If LMH has to do a sageuk, I prefer it produced by MBC. I don't' know now but in the past MBC had the most rated and well made sageuk dramas . 

14 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

I am hoping for a modern drama.

I also want him to do a modern drama. He has so many characters to explore. For his next drama I hope that it will be a hit for both Korean and international audiences.

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

Favourite K drama of 2020: Fans crown Lee Min Ho's The King: Eternal Monarch and Suzy's Start Up as winners

Amongst the many memorable K-dramas which graced our presence in 2020, fans picked The King: Eternal Monarch and Start-Up as their personal favourite in Pinkvilla's recent poll.

Written By Karishma Shetty  Mumbai  Published: December 26, 2020

favourite_k_drama_of_2020.jpg?itok=shyvo

While almost the entire world will collectively agree that 2020 has been one big abysmal year, many of us relied on entertainment to provide us with a much-needed distraction from reality. Moreover, Korean dramas, which were already popular from before, found an even bigger fanbase during the quarantine period. Many 2020 dramas have already reached cult status; that's how impactful of a year it has been.

Pinkvilla recently held a poll to determine which 2020 K-drama was the ultimate favourite for fans. The poll was divided into two sections; in the first one, we had The King: Eternal Monarch, It's Okay To Not Be Okay, Crash Landing on You and Itaewon Class, while in the second one, we had Hospital Playlist, Start-Up, The World of the Married and Record of Youth. In the first poll, emerging victorious was Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun's fantasy romance series as The King: Eternal Monarch stood atop with 40.1 percent votes.

Following second was Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin's eternal romance series Crash Landing on You which collected 29.3 percent votes. Rounding up the list, we had Kim Soo-hyun, Seo Ye-ji and Oh Jung-se's fantasy drama It's Okay to Not Be Okay and Park Seo-joon's revenge drama Itaewon Class at No. 3 and No. 4 with 23.3 percent votes and 7.4 percent votes respectively.

Check out The King: Eternal Monarch and Start-Up's winning numbers as fans' Favourite K-drama of 2020 below:

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/favourite-k-drama-2020-fans-crown-lee-min-hos-king-eternal-monarch-and-suzys-start-winners-587273?amp&__twitter_impression=true

• Like 7

4 hours ago, willenette said:

@Missprincesa, period drama are often called by different names : "period drama, costume drama, and period piece". It is a work set in a past time period, usually used in the context of film and television. :blush:

@willenetteThanks for the interesting information. Historical and costume films and TV series are also shot in Russia, but these are two different genres. Historical films, as a rule, tell about dramatic moments in history and are associated with real historical characters ("War and Peace", "Peter the First", etc.).

And "costume films" are a more fun and conventional genre. They have a lot of humor, music and songs, which are performed by the dramatic actors themselves. These are not musicals, as in America, but something similar. I know there are Korean theatrical musicals, but I've never seen anything like it in dramas. I understand that this is a pipe dream, but I would like to see Lee Min Ho in a similar "costume genre", where he could show his singing talent and amazing sense of humor. He is so rarely allowed to fool around in the frame!

• Like 6

5 hours ago, willenette said:

SBS is opening up a bulletin board with a poll open for 1 week asking viewers which of its drama OTPs do the fans want to see reunited in another drama again.There are so many classics and great pairings to choose from in SBS dramas alone. Currently viewers have been posting and the main picks for reuniting again are: Lee Jun Ki and IU from Moon Lovers, Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun from The King: Eternal Monarch, Ji Sung and Lee Se Young in Doctor John, Hyun Bin and Ha Ji Won in Secret Garden, Ji Chang Wook and Nam Ji Hyun in Suspicious Partner, and Kim Soo Hyun and Jeon Ji Hyun in their epic You From Another Star. :blush:

oh, thanks for sharing this. But Why reunion with his TKEM costar? They had a drama in 2020 :lol: reunion with his costar from heirs would be more possible :lol: 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3