Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

On 1/17/2023 at 6:14 PM, syntyche said:

LEE MINHO Time for Flash Back! Hightlights of LEE MINHO 2022

We had so many awesome issues like the <Pachinko> on Apple TV+, the most talked-about news at New York-Milan Fashion Week, and so on. Hope we see more excellent news about LEE MINHO in 2023!

@syntyche  this is the most highlight for me, indeed! Koreans' love of luxury goods is visible in almost all aspects of their everyday life. Koreans are relatively fond of luxury products. My K-friend regularly bought luxury bags, both high and moderately priced ones, once or twice a year. Maybe they're expensive compared to her salary - hahaha - For me, spending too much money on luxury goods compared to one's income is a problem. My friend is interested in spending money to treat herself, though. Well, some think it's an investment. The product always brings us satisfaction and joy. So, I think it's worth it. Displaying wealth is acceptable, and sometimes encouraged in Korean society. There's an article that I read then that according to research by Economic Affairs most Koreans believe that it is "fairly important" or "very important" to be seen as rich. That's why, they felt the necessity to buy luxury goods. I guess social media fuels this tendency. I always see people  post their purchases on social media. And Koreans care about how others view them.  

:wut:

• Like 2

*** There's "Pachinko" and "Ask the Stars"/ 'When the Stars Gossip’ this year (2023) for LMH and it seems to be a fully packed year for him. Also, it seems that filming for the latter is still underway. Surely, the chemistry between the two will be strong since they have displayed highly developed friendship so far. Then, ‘Pachinko’ is set to go under production soon. I am looking forward to his projects this year.   :heart2beat:

• Like 3

ORIGIN STORY: BOSS SPRING/SUMMER 2023 CAMPAIGN SHOWCASES HOW A BOSS IS MADE

On the heels of an incredibly momentous year and a highly successful brand refresh, the Spring/Summer 2023 campaign from BOSS provides a celebrity-filled exploration of what it takes to become a BOSS. The new season takes a closer look at the building blocks behind the empowering motto “Be your own BOSS,” while inspiring others to embrace their full potential and live life on their own terms – with confidence, style and a forward-looking vision. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

The heart of the campaign showcases six leading talents from various fields sharing their origin stories to inspire individuals to embrace their destiny: British supermodel Naomi Campbell, Colombian singer Maluma, American supermodel Gigi Hadid, South Korean actor Lee Minho, next-generation Italian TikTok creator Khaby Lame and Italian tennis player Matteo Berrettini. Each of these celebrated and globally recognized talents overcame obstacles and personal struggles to become their own BOSS. Captured by photographer Mikael Jansson, these power-packed stories are told through emotionally engaging words that portray their paths to triumph. These BOSS personalities always knew what they wanted, and their breakthroughs were achieved through a series of personal choices. While destined for greatness, they neatly personify the fact that BOSSes aren’t born – they’re made.

https://group.hugoboss.com/en/newsroom/news/news-detail/origin-story-boss-spring-summer-2023-campaign-showcases-how-a-boss-is-made

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

On 1/16/2023 at 11:33 PM, willenette said:

*** Critics' Choice Awards is considered one of the major awards ceremonies along with the Golden Globe Awards and the Actors Guild Awards held in North America and I'm glad that "Pachinko" got  this award for this year.   :heart3:

Actor's guild awards, was Pachinko nominated?  Who won?

On 1/17/2023 at 5:28 AM, Lindyloo421 said:

Syntyche - thank you for this. It has been a great year- his reception at the 2 fashion shows was incredible- his performance in Pachinko was overwhelming- the glimpses of ATS being filmed- fabulous. Plus he gets more and more gorgeous!. For me one

of the best moments was when the Variety interviewer at the Pachinko premier called him “ one of the biggest stars in the world”. 

I agree with Willenette  that it is a shame that its audience base was limited by being on apple-  I read that Netflix also wanted it but Soo Hugh preferred apple, and what a masterpiece she created.

I think she would have done better with Netflix, it could have been as good as Squid Games in Netflix.  Apple does not have a wide audience.  Almost everyone I know has Netflix but hardly any has Apple TV.  Bad mistake if she wanted a wider audience.

• Like 1

Leave it to fans to closely inspect.  I noticed the 2 drinks.  One day his kids will tease him about the little hair clips :joy:  A couple also noticed that LMH is posting more.  

@CallieP Apple may not have the audience that Netflix has, but I consistently see praise for the content on Apple.  Additionally, many of the biggest names in the entertainment industry have worked or will work with Apple.  

• Like 2