Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

8 K-Drama Remakes Of Your Favorite International TV Series

Korean dramas are arguably one of the most popular genres for television shows. But did you know that some of your favorite titles are actually spin-offs of foreign series? Yup, you read that right!

We rounded up eight popular K-dramas that are remakes from international titles:

1. Boys Over Flowers (2009)

Spoiler

Who's in it: Lee Min Ho, Koo Hye Sun, Kim Hyun Joong, Kim Bum, Kim Joon

Where you can watch it: Netflix and Viu

The series that kickstarted our love for K-dramas, Boys Over Flowers is inspired by the Japanese manga, Hana Yori Dango. The first country to adapt the Japanese comic book into a series is Taiwan, which brought us the iconic Meteor Garden. Following the success of the Taiwanese version, Japan produced its own spin-off with the same title as the manga. In 2009, South Korea dropped their version titled Boys Over Flowers!

https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/must-watch-k-drama-remakes-a4825-20210416

4 THINGS WE LOVE AND HATE ABOUT LEE MIN HO IN BOYS OVER FLOWERS

spacer.png

Gu Jun Pyo's personality is truly unique and he has made his way among the bad boys who hid their good hearts at the beginning of the story and nevertheless conquered the fans. Join us in remembering Jun Pyo, who had negative attitudes but also shone in the drama for his qualities.

* The evolution of his personality.  Jun Pyo went from being a cold and inconsiderate boy to someone who was willing to do everything for love and to help people with fewer opportunities. He realized that not everything was going to happen according to what he wanted but he tried hard to be able to achieve  his happiness and also be part of the joy of the people around him

* The way in which he entered new experiences despite the fact that this character grew up surrounded by luxuries and comforts. There were many things about his environment that he did not know because of  it but when he met Jan Di he realized that he was missing out on experiences that although may seem common, they were memorable for him.

* His good deeds. Little by little, we saw Jun Pyo start helping others because he realized that not everyone had the same opportunities as him, but best of all, he did it discreetly and without bragging, We saw a clear example of this when he had  a temporary pizzeria set up for Jan Di's brother and tried not to let her know about it

* His good heart. With the development of the Boys Over Flowers episodes we realized that he was not a bad person.  but many of his behaviors were due to the abandonment he suffered during his childhood. He is someone who cares about others and also someone with a lot of love to  give.

Lee Min Ho Instagram 2021: Check Out the 'Pachinko' Actor’s Top 5 Swoon-Worthy Insta Pics

With his massive social media followings, let's take a look at Lee Min Ho's most swoon-worthy Instagram photos to date. 

Over the years, Lee Min Ho's popularity has grown both locally and internationally and is now considered as one of the brightest Hallyu stars.

The South Korean heartthrob managed to captivate the hearts of fans with his stunning visuals and boy next door vibe.

Since his breakthrough performance as Gu Jun-Pyo in the popular 2009 KBS drama "Boys Over Flowers," the 33-year-old actor has landed some of the most remarkable Korean dramas.

This includes the action romance series "City Hunter," followed by the hit drama "The Heirs," and 2016 the fantasy romance "The Legend of the Blue Sea" opposite Jun Ji Hyun.

Lee Min Ho's Instagram Reached Over 20 Million

Aside from his ton of drama list, the "Pachinko" star is the first-ever Korean actor to score more than 20 million followers on both Instagram and Facebook, making him earned the title of most-followed Korean actor on social media.

As of this writing, Lee Min Ho's Instagram has 23.4 million followers, while his official Facebook account has 24 million.

With his massive social media followings, let's take a look at the award-winning actor's most swoon-worthy Instagram photos to date.

Louis Vuitton's New Ambassador

There's no denying that with his impressive visuals, the Baeksang Arts winner can surely ace any photoshoots.

The 33-year-old actor proved this during his recent campaign shoot for Louis Vuitton's Tambour Street Diver launch as he wowed the fans with his mysterious yet edgy look donning the French luxury brand's newest accessory collection.

spacer.png

The Face of Fendi

Another photoshoot that could surely make everyone's heart melt is his campaign shoot with Fendi. Over Lee Min Ho's Instagram, he shared the official photos wearing the fashion house' 

Spoiler

spacer.png

Lee Min Ho Welcomes 2021 with a Bang

The "City Hunter" star greeted his fans with his dapper look as he welcomed the new year. Although Lee Min Ho's Instagram caption doesn't state much, it appears that he is getting ready for a special event as the actor wore formal attire donning a black suit and trousers as he capped off the look with a bow tie and sleek hair.

spacer.png

Lee Min Ho Gets Candid with Fans

One of the reasons why the A-lister has a huge army is fans is because of how he shows his appreciation for them.

In his post dated May 22, 2020, the Hallyu actor casually spends time with his fans in what appears to be a set of his drama. "I took a picture with the kids," Lee Min Ho's Instagram caption reads, alongside the series of photos of the actor alongside a group of young fans.

Lee Min Ho's Cartier and L'officiel Hommes Korea Collab

Last on the list is his video campaign with L'officiel Hommes in Collaboration with Cartier.

In the 35-second clip, fans can witness Lee Min Ho's oozing charm, showcasing Cartier Juste Un Clou jewelry collection.

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/120382/20210417/lee-min-ho-instagram-2021-check-out-the-pachinko-actor-s-top-5-swoon-worthy-insta-pics.htm

• Like 1
  • Blob 4

Lee Min Ho stars in next film Pachinko in Snow Mountain Canada

Reporter Han Hae Sun / Input: 2021/04/17

Actor Lee Min Ho enjoyed the extreme in the snow-capped mountains of Canada.

2021041715013990753_1.jpg

On the 17th, Lee Min Ho posted photos and videos on his Instagram without comment.

In the published photos and videos, Lee Min Ho rides a snowmobile on a snow-covered mountain, similar to the Canadian Rockies. He and his four co-workers enjoyed the scenery of Mother Nature.

Spoiler

2021041715013990753_2.jpg

2021041715013990753_3.jpg

2021041715013990753_4.jpg

/ Photo = Lee Min Ho on Instagram

Lee Min Ho also showed off her fashion sense by wearing black sunglasses, beanies, padding and boots. He recently talked about the recent filming situation in Canada.

On the other hand, Lee Min Ho is planning to release the eight-part Apple TV Plus drama series Pachinko as his next work after the drama The King: The Eternal Lord, which wrapped up last year.

Pachinko is a work that portrays the story of a person through history through an epic narrative of a family of Korean immigrants spanning four generations. Filming began last October based on the bestselling book of the same name by Korean-American writer Lee Min Jin.

In the play, Lee Min Ho plays "Hansu," a merchant who amassed wealth and power through his relationship with the Yakuza. He is a loyal opportunist and enigmatic character who pursues forbidden love while keeping secrets.

Translation from korean google

https://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2021041715013990753&shlink=tw

Lee Min Ho's Social Network Updates - 16.04.2021

• Like 5

The King: Eternal Monarch star Lee Min-ho goes skiing after wrapping Pachinko, see pics

Lee Min-ho recently wrapped the filming of Pachinko in Canada. The actor revealed he and his team spent a day skiing through the snow-capped regions of the country.

By HT Entertainment Desk
PUBLISHED ON APR 17, 2021

173952310_131469902224016_81332823233811

Lee Min-ho has wrapped up the filming of Pachinko. The actor had recently revealed it was his last day on sets with a gallery of photos. The South Korean star has now revealed he enjoyed a day in the snow with his team in Canada.

Taking to Instagram, Lee Min-ho shared a few pictures and a video from his day out in the snow. In the pictures, the actor posed on a snowmobile with his team. In a picture he was also photographed in a candid moment, wearing his jacket. The gallery also featured a video of the actor riding through the snow on the snowmobile.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNwV9yHB-g6/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Fans have showered the actor with love. "So happy to see u spending your free time enjoy well oppa," a fan said. "You are perfect," added another fan. "Oppa, please enjoy your holiday... Stay healthy and safe.... " a third fan chipped in.

Lee Min-ho's post comes on the day fans are celebrating one year of The King: Eternal Monarch. The SBS drama marked the actor's return to the small screen after he completed his compulsory military training. The show was one of the most anticipated dramas of 2020. The actor starred alongside actor Kim Go-eun in the show.

A few fans went on to congratulate Lee Min-ho on the post. "Happy first anniversary tkem #1YearWithTheKingEternalMonarch," a fan commented. "happy holiday and congratulations for #1yearwiththekingeternalmonarch," another fan said. "Yee... Oppa posting pas TKEM Anniv," a third fan noted.

Back in November, Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun reunited with fellow cast members of the show for a meal. In pictures from the reunion, Lee Min-ho, Kim Go-eun, Woo Do-hwan, Kim Kyung-nam, Jung Eun-chae, and Kim Yong-ji were all smiles.

As for Pachinko, the Apple TV+ show is based on a novel of the same name, penned by Korean-American author Min Jin Lee. The show also features Jin Ha, Anna Sawai, Minha Kim, Soji Arai and Kaho Minami.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE ON

https://www.hindustantimes.com/entertainment/tv/the-king-eternal-monarch-star-lee-min-ho-goes-skiing-after-wrapping-pachinko-see-pics-101618661618448.html

• Like 6

The 10 Best Asian Dramas on Netflix to Add to Your Must-Watch List
No matter what you're in the mood for, these picks are true winners.

BY SELENA BARRIENTOS
Apr 16, 2021

Over the past few years, Korean films, particularly K-dramas, have quickly become a celebrated global phenomenon. That said, there are also plenty of other dramas to explore from different corners of Asia, including those from Japan, Taiwan, India and the Philippines. From romantic coming-of-age films and thrillers with fatal consequences to heartfelt movies capturing the human experience, there truly is something out there for everybody. Whether or not you've already breezed though our list of amazing Korean flicks, you’ll definitely want to try out some of these titles below and start watching immediately. All you need is a Netflix password and you're set for a great movie night...

Boys Over Flowers

asian-dramas-on-netflix-boys-over-flower

Whether you’re new to K-dramas or are looking for an oldie but goodie to stream, this might just be your next favorite show. Based on the Japanese manga series, the 2009 South Korean show centers around a working-class student named Geum Jan-di (Ku Hye-sun) who attends the prestigious Shinhwa School. While there, she encounters a powerful clique of wealthy male students. Throughout the 25 episodes, she tries to find her place in the school while also falling in love with one of them.

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/entertainment/g35995430/asian-dramas-on-netflix/

• Like 5

Casting news out?????

Omg

is it real???????

Minoz DMed me 

where is casting news ???

omg is it real or false??

Kminoz tweeted????

but it’s 3 AM in SK 

if it’s not real , I will :Furious:

• Shocked 3

35 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

Casting news out?????

Omg

is it real???????

Minoz DMed me 

Kminoz tweeted????

but it’s 3 AM in SK 

What is happening? I didn't understand you

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

3 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

What is happening? I didn't understand you

One of my Minoz friends DMed me and said Kminoz tweeted about casting news and that Minoz are translating :bawling:  I have been sending her tons of message to see if it’s true 

She hasn’t answered me back yet 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

One of my Minoz friends DMed me and said Kminoz tweeted about casting news and that Minoz are translating :bawling:  I have been sending her tons of message to see if it’s true 

3AM SK new articles aren't released in this time , I checked Naver and forums, there aren't anything.I don't think casting news released so early maybe she is tricking you 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

Casting news out?????

Omg

is it real???????

Minoz DMed me 

Kminoz tweeted????

but it’s 3 AM in SK 

Wait what?

tenor.gif?itemid=7914122

You got me out of lurking

• Sad 1
  • LOL 1

45 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

She hasn’t answered me back yet 

There is small bitty bitty miminal chance of this rumor being real but i hope it turns out real.. 

I am basically day dreaming but it's okay.. But regardless my body is ready

• Like 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

@leeminhosny We posted on the same time but you were my initial source so I had to edit it out.. Since you are the main source...

Shin Kiroo update Credit YM

EzNGF-5VEAEwVll?format=jpg&name=medium

14 hours ago, syntyche said:

Indeed, nice to see him enjoy his stay!

Thanks for sharing looks awesome by the way @syntyche check your PM.

@Nikaa94 I am holding out for something! that something comes out of the hat 

• Like 8
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

ha, I like what Kim Ji seok said about LMH.  I think I saw him a drama somewhat recently.

For those rewatching TKEM, please PM any (1) favorite scenes (2) favorite lines or (3) questions that can be use in a quiz.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1