Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

4 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

@leeminhosny what does lee Min Ho mean by “filming works”, is he referring to new projects? this translation is not super accurate and from google translate. He said filming works or YouTube content, does he mean he spends his free time doing Youtube content and also thinking about new project? :joy: what do u think? Can we think of this as a hint that he is reviewing for next work? 

http://www.gqkorea.co.kr/2021/01/20/애플tv-제작-파친코의-이민호-에너지가-굉장히-좋아/

What do you think when you are quiet without doing anything? “These days, I think of filming works or almost YouTube content. When not that… , Happily, I don't think there are many factors to worry about. It's both in general and in a comfortable state. happy. happily.”

===========

@CarolynH the reason I didn’t post answer to BOF quiz is that I accidentally opened spoiler from another Minoz post, I will answer the next quiz :joy:

lol @Nikaa94 next time!  Thank you @CallieP and @1ouise for your answers!

@pixie0622 I think the TKEM reunion at someone's house (the PM?) is Hansu.  Or maybe we haven't even see it yet.  

I think, unfortunately, LMH was too busy with his new buddy, LSG, to also film with JIW.  Maybe when LMH returns from CN

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

His laugh is the cutest and loveliest!!! :love::heart1:

=====#################

New DC gallery Post

Topic: “Did you go to Canada?”

Caption: 

When I saw where the filming schedule came up, they said they started filming in Canada as soon as they started in February. 

Then I think I'm going now or I've already arrived 

Canada says self-isolation for about ten days. 

I don’t want a lot of things, and I would like to update people periodically only once a week...

If you go abroad, the kinder Mino is written, so look forward to it. 

Thermal photos 

healthily!

https://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=minho&no=697918&page=1

Is LMH in Canada? I don’t quite understand this post, but it seems LMH is in Canada 

or he will go very soon

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 3

@Nikaa94, well, I hope you may be right that it's LMH. But, his other celebrity close friend is Kim Bum, too. Their friendship has also been highlighted through the years. Lee Min Ho, Kim Bum, and Jung II Woo have an admirable friendship in the Korean entertainment industry. JIW was asked once in an interview, which three friends would cry for him in real life, Jung Il Woo said Kim Bum and Lee Min Ho without reservation. :blush:

• Like 3
  • Blob 3

Korean Minoz discussions on DC 

The one I saw was about February 13th on the filming date” 

replied comment: “The Korean staff working at the filming site already left Korea in mid-January, so it doesn't seem like the start be mid-February.”

ㄴThe filming staff will go to the original location first”

The town where Minho comes is still the place where the number of confirmed cases is the least among the large cities in Canada.”

“I thought that all of Pachinko's Canadian performance will end in April. Minho is filming until then?”

replied comment to the comment above: “Wouldn't it be different depending on how the adaptation is”

another replied comment: “As far as that, no one seems to know... ㅠ It seems that there are a lot of pachinko shooting in secret (?)”

“Probably not”

https://m.dcinside.com/board/minho/697918

• Like 3
  • Blob 3

Lee Min Ho reveals how he landed the role of Hansu in drama Pachinko

spacer.png

Apple TV + drama is Lee Min Ho's return to acting following his 2020 starring role in The king: Eternal monarch.

After becoming King Lee Gon for The king: Eternal monarch , Lee Min Ho won the chance to star in the ambitious Apple TV + series Pachinko. In a recent interview, the Korean actor shared details about the casting in said project and the expectations he has with this new character.

Pachinko began filming in October 2020, and since the cast's official announcement, he highlighted Lee Min Ho's name as the one responsible for bringing Hansu to life. As the story is based on the best-selling book by Min Jin Lee about the migration of a Korean family in the time of the Japanese occupation, it is known that his role will be far from the image of 'romantic heartthrob' that the actor has adopted in his previous jobs.

Hansu is described as a rich and powerful merchant, with connections to organized crime. His role in the plot will be key when he appears in the life of Sunja (Kim Min Ha) and with the outbreak of an illicit romance between them.

spacer.png

Lee Min Ho received the offer to audition for the American production just after The King: Eternal monarch had ended . “The production team made the suggestion and I thought, 'oh, an audition? It sounds like fun, '"recalls the actor in his story to GQ magazine .

Understandably, for his 14 years in the Korean industry , Lee Min Ho is no longer used to competing for characters. At this point in your career, you have the privilege of choosing deals. However, Pachinko presented a different challenge as an international project.

“I read the script and it was so different from what I had seen before; and I think there is a sense of duty when it comes to in-depth Korean stories (...). Hansu's character shone and I was drawn to reviewing the script ”.

Lee Min Ho notes that he diligently prepared to land the role. “It has been more than a decade since I last auditioned, but the situation is different. I thought it would be embarrassing if I failed, and I was determined to take the role so I worked hard to prepare. "

“I was really nervous and I remembered the old days. I ran into colleagues who had also auditioned for the character and they all felt the same way. It was a good experience, full of emotion, ”said the 33-year-old actor. "I was very happy to get the role."

https://larepublica.pe/cultura-asiatica/2021/01/20/lee-min-ho-revela-como-consiguio-el-papel-de-hansu-en-drama-pachinko/?ref=lre

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 4

3 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

yeah good point!

i personally don’t want him to do more evil roles and IMO LMH always chooses different roles. Hansu is a dark role and I don’t think he will do exactly another dark role next. Because LMH never chooses the exact character concept back to back. In lotbs, he was a con artist but in TKEM he is the king! In heirs he was an heir but in Gangnam Blues he was a gang member. 

if he takes movie, he can do different type of dark roles but I have never seen an evil ML in kdramas! He can act as a prosecutor or intelligence agent (which aren’t Prince Charming roles). Also, I’m not looking for a a specific ‘job’ for his next role, some say they want him to do police or Dr. role, but I don’t think the job matters.

=======

@Nikaa94, a good actor should never done this..........to be typecast in one single character over & over.  Typecasting isn't always a bad thing, but actors can frequently find themselves trapped playing essentially the same role multiple times simply because they killed it so hard with one memorable performance. :blush:

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

Lee Min Ho experienced a tense moment at Pachinko’s casting

By Matthew Cage -January 20, 20210

LEE-MIN-HO2-1.jpg

The Korean actor starred on the cover of GQ Korea magazine and held an interview where he revealed how he went through the audition for the role of ‘Pachinko’.

In a recent interview with GQ Korea, Lee Min Ho talked about his feelings about Hansu, the main character of the drama Pachinko, one of the most ambitious and anticipated productions by fans.

‘ Pachinko ‘ is one of the most anticipated projects by drama fans around the world, Apple TV will produce the drama inspired by the novel of the same name written by Min Jin Lee.

The story will feature a luxury cast from different parts of the world such as South Korea, Japan and the United States, the same places where a large part of the 8-episode series will be filmed.

Lee Min Ho will play the protagonist Hansu , a wealthy businessman who created his fortune thanks to powerful ties with people who work in illicit businesses and are involved in organized crime.

The new role of the actor of ‘The King: Eternal Monarch’ will have a mysterious personality, he will hide many secrets, he will love with passion and until the last consequences, romance will be of great importance in the plot of ‘ Pachinko’ .

THE CHALLENGE OF LEE MIN HO AS HANSU IN THE PACHINKO DRAMA

In a recent interview with GQ Korea, Lee Min Ho shared his casting experience to land the lead role for the K-drama ‘ Pachinko’ . The actor said that appearing at the audition did not assure him of the character.

I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE VERY EMBARRASSING IF I FAILED THE AUDITION AND WAS DETERMINED TO GET THE PART

Lee Min Ho felt a lot of pressure to show his acting skills, he experienced a mixture of emotions, he lived the moment with nerves, happiness and excitement. The model is famous for his charming boy and prince charming characters, he did not hesitate to modify his image to better represent Hansu .

The ‘Boys Over Flowers’ star revealed that after learning about’ Pachinko’s story and message of determination , he started a new project on the YouTube platform, known as’ Lee Min Ho Film ‘. OMG!

Do you already know the K-dramas and celebrity films? We invite you to know the extensive career in television and cinema of the handsome actor from South Korea : All the Lee Min Ho dramas and movies that stole the hearts of the fans .

https://www.somagnews.com/lee-min-ho-experienced-a-tense-moment-at-pachinkos-casting/

Lee Min Ho talks wanting to shed 'knight in shining armour' image post The King: Eternal Monarch with Pachinko

In a recent interview, The King: Eternal Monarch star Lee Min-ho shared his honest thoughts about shedding his 'knight in shining armour' image in future projects like Pachinko.

Written By Pinkvilla Desk January 21, 2021

spacer.png

Lee Min-ho is a name synonymous amongst Korean drama aficionados as you're guaranteed to have watched at least one series starring the insanely talented and good-looking actor. Whether it be making us fall in love with his 'rich boy with a heart of gold' acts in Boys Over Flowers and The Heirs or his recent impeccable royal avatar in The King: Eternal Monarch, the 'knight in shining armour' trope hasn't looked better than it does on Mr. Lee.

In an interview with GQ Korea, when Min-ho was asked about him continuing to stay at the top by playing familiar characters, the actor honestly confessed that he isn't hesitant about making changes. Lee stated that if the 'knight in shining armour' is his "representative image" then he should actually keep going until he becomes "the emperor in shining armour." It should be when he reaches the peak that Min-ho feels is the right time to stop pursuing that image.

"I thought it was over after The King: Eternal Monarch, and I wanted to make a change after that. That’s when I met Pachinko, and that determination became stronger, so that’s why I started leeminho film," Lee shared via Soompi. For the unversed, Min-ho plays Hansu, a rich and powerful merchant with ties to organised crime, in the upcoming Apple TV+ series Pachinko.

Are you excited to see Lee Min-ho in a new avatar in Pachinko? Share your thoughts with Pinkvilla in the comments section below.

Speaking of leeminho film, Lee revealed to GQ Korea that he is in charge of the theme and background music while editing 70 to 80 percent of his videos. Min-ho confessed that he feels the joy of "working independently," and it's definitely something that Minoz would agree with after watching the aesthetic and lively videos that have come out so far.

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/lee-min-ho-talks-wanting-shed-knight-shining-armour-image-post-king-eternal-monarch-pachinko-597977

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1