Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

7 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

Lol we have Pachinko thread too, so we have to joggle :joy:

so let’s assume LMH is in Canada,,, :D it’s 11:15 PM Vancouver time,,,,, Our night owl maybe awake now,,,,,

Yea, he probably is...  depending on timing of production
If he has recovered from travelling, his best time is around / past midnight :D

left and right sway

3 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Yea, he probably is...  depending on timing of production
If he has recovered from travelling, his best time is around / past midnight :D

left and right sway

yup, his eyes are the brightest at 2 am :highonflowers:

The distance is long and he must be tired,,, also time zone change,,, away from his mom,,, wish him the safest filming,,,

• Blob 3

You’ll all be surprised that my fave is Faith, LOL! After that, the King, then City Hunter (just loved the action scenes) and LOTBS. 

Still can’t get over the match interview! He was just stunning. I’m wondering about his reference to three-stripe slippers. Sorry if I missed a discussion about it. Is he referring to a specific earlier role or is it a more general description of playing an ordinary or poor person?

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Blob 2

4 minutes ago, msdot said:

You’ll all be surprised that my fave is Faith, LOL! After that, the King, then City Hunter (just loved the action scenes) and LOTBS. 

Still can’t get over the match interview! He was just stunning. I’m wondering about his reference to three-stripe slippers. Sorry if I missed a discussion about it. Is he referring to a specific earlier role or is it a more general description of playing an ordinary or poor person?

@msdot  Welcome back!   Yes, Faith is no 1, followed by TKEM, thought my first encounter with LMH is TKEM, the King.    Almost same line up as yours.. .CT,  LOTBS and Heirs.  

Shin Dong-yup’s connection with Lee Minho

spacer.png

Shin Dong-yup is an award-winning popular comedian in South Korea. The 49-year-old television host has been entertaining the Korean population since 1993 when he started hosting television series with variety show ‘I Like to Laugh’. The comedian once revealed that his wife got mad at him for a picture with popular actor Lee Min-ho. In an award show where Shin Dong-yup was supposed to receive an award from the prime minister, his wife wanted to accompany him. But he refused and met Lee Minho there and turns out his wife is a huge fan. He sent a picture of the two and got a furious response. He shared, “After seeing the picture, my wife texted back ‘That’s why I said I was going to go with you!’ exploding at me!”

https://meaww.com/high-1-seoul-music-awards-hosts-super-junior-heechul-girls-generation-sooyoung-shin-dongyup

WHY IS LEE MIN HO ONE OF THE MOST LOVED CELEBS IN KOREA?

spacer.png

Lee Min Ho has a long acting career, with each project he adds new followers and has now been chosen as the actor most loved by fans outside of South Korea.

There is no fan of K-Dramas who does not know Lee Min Ho , since even if you have not seen a series or movie starring this actor, he is a name that you cannot avoid due to his great popularity .

Recently, the Korean Foundation for International Cultural Exchange released the results of a brief study about the impact of the Korean Wave and the reception of Korean entertainment in other parts of the world.

The scores were obtained through multiple surveys of more than eight thousand people from a total of 18 countries, in the poll they were asked about their favorite Hallyu stars , so several singers, actors and actresses were part of the answers.

In acting the crown went to Lee Min Ho , who for several years has wowed an international audience.

WHY IS LEE MIN HO SO LOVED BY THE PUBLIC?

1. Dramas

The actor has participated in numerous dramas and many of them became an international phenomenon. We saw that recently with the premiere of The King: Eternal Monarch, but it was a phenomenon that was observed since Boys Over Flowers . This 2009 production reached many countries through television and with the help of the internet its impact increased, so Lee Min Ho captivated international eyes.

2. Fans

Despite being a star, Lee Min Ho is highly considerate of his fans. Wherever he goes he meets a crowd of fans waiting to see him even if it is for a few seconds, the actor appreciates this gesture by greeting them and showing his affection, but when he meets the public through autograph signings or fanmeetings he shows his good personality talking to attendees.

3. Good heart

The actor has accumulated a fortune thanks to his work, but part of this money is dedicated to donations for charitable purposes, supporting different projects whenever he has the opportunity. In addition to the contributions he provides, he also often motivates his fans to follow in his footsteps and help those most in need.

4. Communication

Lee Min Ho is not able to meet his fans often, between his busy schedule and the complications of life today it can be difficult to plan events, but the actor takes care to keep in touch with them through his social networks, where he shares some details of their day to day that make their followers happy.

Currently Lee Min Ho is working on a new project alongside Lee Seung Gi and showed his talents as a video director.

https://www.nacionrex.com/lee-min-ho-actor-mas-querido-de-corea-2021-fama-internacional-t202101290001.html

• Like 3
  • Awesome 2

6 hours ago, msdot said:

@msdot, he was referring to playing an ordinary/poor role. Honestly, this is my least favorite role for him. :blush:

• Blob 1

10 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

OMG how did I forget Heirs and not mention it?! Lol :D 

after BOF, it’s definitely The Heirs and LoTBs together :joy:

Kim Tan is definitely a type of character you can’t get over with! The type of romancing Kim Tan does is out of this world!  

haha, I was surprised that you left out Heirs!

6 hours ago, msdot said:

I think LMh wore the 3 striped slippers for Mackerel Run and maybe Secret Campus.  

Okay, let's do another poll.  I'll ask Lmangla.  Next weekend like Fri-Sun?

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

19 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

I think LMh wore the 3 striped slippers for Mackerel Run and maybe Secret Campus.  

That would be great @CarolynH .. thanks, Chingu, on agreeing to the poll.  

Dramas of Lee Min Ho: The Sympathetic Prince of the Far East

2021-01-29

13035890-728xauto.jpg

Lee Min Ho, who started acting in high school, is one of the most successful South Korean actors who has managed to make viewers look differently at their dramas and films. We have collected for you TV series about Lee Min Ho, who has a large fan base in our country.

Lee Min Ho, one of South Korea's favorite names, is one of the names that have garnered the admiration of his fans for his acting, modeling and singing skills. Lee Min Ho, who started acting back in high school, has managed to delight audiences with his series and films and has become the man who made his name known to the whole world. His first major role was Goo Jun-Pyo in the drama Boys Before Flowers. After this drama aired in our country, Lee Min Ho made an irresistible breakthrough.

Lee Min Ho, who comes from the Far East and has taken the world by storm, is applauded for his compassion, dignity and benevolence in addition to his acting and musical abilities ...

Lee Min Ho, who has grown in popularity with Netflix's The King:

Eternal Monarch, will be able to watch Pachinko on Apple TV + in the coming months.

640xauto.jpg

Pachinko, who is about to enter the series starring Lee Min Ho, has an Apple Tv + platform signature and will be streaming on the platform. The cast of the series, which has yet to be determined, will feature names such as Jin Ha, Anna Sawai, Minha Kim, Soji Arai, Kaho Minami, and Lee Min Ho. The drama follows the story of a Korean immigrant family based on the book of the same name by Min Jin Lee.

King: Eternal Monarch 2020 / IMDb rating: 8.2

Spoiler

640xauto.jpg

The King: Youngwonui Gunjoo, also known as The King: Eternal Monarch, takes place in two different parallel worlds. Kim Go Eun is starring in a drama starring her beloved actor Lee Min Ho. You can watch Lee Min Ho's new series on Netflix.

Freed in the world of the Kingdom of Korea, the villain is trying to move to another parallel world. In response, the Korean Emperor Li Gong (Lee Min Ho) tries to keep the doors to the parallel world closed. In another parallel world, detective Jung Tae-Eul (Kim Go-Eun), who lives in the Republic of South Korea, tries to protect the lives of people and their loved ones.

Legend of the blue sea 2016-2017 / IMDb score: 8.1

Spoiler

640xauto.jpg

Starring Lee Min Ho, whose English is the legend of the blue sea, Legend of the Blue Sea is a one-season romantic drama. This is a fantastic romantic drama inspired by the first historical history of Korea. The series is a romantic, funny and emotional story between a mermaid and a cheating teenager. You can watch The Legend of the Blue Sea on Netflix, which is always at the top of the drama.

Seven first kisses 2016-2017 / IMDb score: 6.2

Spoiler

640xauto.jpg

Choi Ji Woo (Lee Cho Hee) is trying to find the owner of the best kiss among these 6 different candidates. Lee Jong Suk plays a celebrity star, Ji Chang Wook is a sexy secret agent, Lee Joong Ki is a chaebol and a Christian, Park Hae Jin plays a romantic colleague, Kai plays a sweet friend, Taecyeon plays an inexperienced, immature rich kid. ... Lee Min Ho has a minor role in this drama.

Love Line 2014 / IMDb score: 7.0

Spoiler

640xauto.jpg

The Korean-Chinese joint production - Line Romance, and in our country the series is widely known by its English name. Lee Min Ho and Bea Hayden are starring in Line Romance, also known as Love Line. It tells the story of a Chinese tourist named Lin Lin who travels to Korea and falls in love with Min Ho, a music producer with talent and good looks.

The Heirs 2013 / IMDb score: 7.5

Spoiler

640xauto.jpg

The one-season K-drama series is known as The Heirs. We can translate the drama starring Lee Min Ho starring Park Shin Hye as "The Heirs." The Heirs, one of Lee Min Ho's Netflix series; Unlike the classics of Yesilcham, the rich boy tells the story of a poor girl.

Faith 2012 / IMDb score: 8. 0

Spoiler

640xauto.jpg

The English-language TV series Faith is a historical romance drama starring Lee Min Ho and Kim Hee Sun. Consisting of 24 episodes, Vera ranks among the best historical and sci-fi series. Known for its plot between Medieval Korea and modern Korea, this series takes us 700 years ago.

City Hunter 2011 / IMDb score: 8.2

Spoiler

640xauto.jpg

City Hunter's English language is based on the famous manga of the same name - City Hunter. One of the plays admired by both Koreans and Lee Min Ho fans, "City Hunter" is not only a detective story, but also one of the romantic series that draws attention thanks to the love triangle in its history.

Personal preferences 2010 / IMDb score: 7.5

Spoiler

640xauto.jpg

Ge-in-ee ji-hyang, whose English is Personal Preferences, is a favorite Korean drama starring Song Ye Jin and Lee Min Ho. The series, which is also a romantic comedy, tells what happened after a young woman whose love life was not working out, mistakenly decided that the man she had just met was gay and invited her to her home for as a roommate.

Boys Before Flowers: F4 After Story 2009 / IMDb Rating: 7.8

Spoiler

640xauto.jpg

Boys Before Flowers: F4 After Story, the sequel to Boys Before Flowers, is a 25-minute “musical drama” starring F4.

Boys Before Flowers 2009 / IMDb score: 7.9

Spoiler

640xauto.jpg

The Turkish equivalent of the original title of the series is Wild Flower. The series in English "Boys Before Flowers" is broadcast on the TRT Okul channel in our country. "Boys Before Flowers" is a production in which Lee Min Ho, one of Korea's indispensable names, announced his name to the world. 2009 25-episode Korean drama. The story is inspired by the Japanese manga Hanna Yori Dango.

Geum Jang-di comes from a poor family. One day she receives a scholarship to the best college in Seoul for her heroism. However, on the very first day of school, he is humiliated and pressured by wealthy students.

I'm Sam 2007 / IMDb rating: 7.0

Spoiler

640xauto.jpg

I'm Sam, an old drama starring Lee Min Ho, it's a school story. It features actors such as Yang Dong Geun, Park Min Young, Park Joong Kyu, Song Tae Young, and TOP.

The focus of the drama is the conflicts between a young teacher and a high school student. Young teacher Jang Yi-san is forced to become the teacher of the daughter of Yoo Jae-gon, one of the most dangerous gangsters in the country, and Eun Byul enters Myung Moon High School as his new student.

Mackerel Run 2007 / IMDb score: 7.3

Spoiler

640xauto.jpg

Park Bo Young accompanies the actor on "Mackerel Run," which is hardly mentioned in Lee Min Ho's dramas. Although the series, which is a school comedy, was planned for 24 episodes, it was canceled in 8th episode due to low attendance.

Secret Campus 2006 / IMDb score: 8.0

Spoiler

640xauto.jpg

The teenage drama "Secret Campus" starring Lee Min Ho and Park Bo Young is considered one of the plays in which Lee Min Ho started showing off.

Translation from Turkish google

https://www.mynet.com/lee-min-ho-dizileri-uzakdogu-nun-sempatik-prensi-190101253539

• Like 8
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

I just love this picture of LMH.  He looks good in black and red

5 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

@Min2206thank you so much

@leeminhosny  I see you post a lot of drawings of LMH and I never thought to ask.  Are you an artist too?  Did you draw these pictures?  If so, you are a great artist.

2 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Yes, three striped slippers is his trademark in Mackerel Run as his hair is his trade mark in BOF.  Too poor to afford shoes, he goes to school in his three striped slippers.  I remember being amused by this.

I wonder if he is playing a poor character, a bum, a retard?   I hope he plays a regular poor person but I hope some of his fans will not be disappointed because they see him as Prince Charming only.  A little unkempt, dirty.  Maybe with a poor family like Parasite.  Excited about his interview.  He is telling us something. 

Before he did GB, I remember he said something similar, play a character who could not afford shoes or something like that.  Hinting that he is looking at a character who is poor then it turns out that he plays a gangster. 

• Like 7
  • Wiggle 3

OmG, where is my big wiggle emoji?? Why make it small?? :wut::criesariver:

1 hour ago, CallieP said:

Yes, three striped slippers is his trademark in Mackerel Run as his hair is his trade mark in BOF.  Too poor to afford shoes, he goes to school in his three striped slippers.  I remember being amused by this.

I wonder if he is playing a poor character, a bum, a retard?   I hope he plays a regular poor person but I hope some of his fans will not be disappointed because they see him as Prince Charming only.  A little unkempt, dirty.  Maybe with a poor family like Parasite.  Excited about his interview.  He is telling us something. 

Before he did GB, I remember he said something similar, play a character who could not afford shoes or something like that.  Hinting that he is looking at a character who is poor then it turns out that he plays a gangster. 

IMO, LMH doesn’t necessarily want to play a poor character with unkempt hair or dirty clothes. That type is more possible in movie and not Kdrama IMO. Definitely not Prince Charming but a more realistic character that society can also relate to. I think if he does play a realistic character, it will be a bomb!! Because it’s going to be a complete opposite image of a character like GJP! LMH will definitely bring out the best of a realistic character and his character will become a trend character. After BOF, I remember GJP style of character became popular and even until now many characters are inspired by GJP! LMH is definitely a trend setter,,,,, 

I found a 2014 interview and LMH mentioned slippers in that interview too! :D  Him mentioning slippers in 2021 again could mean that he really wants to play this type of character. 

When asked if he had considered what roles he would like to play next, he replied, “I’d really like to play actor Kim Rae Won’s character in ‘Rooftop Room Cat” (a.k.a. “Attic Cat”). He explained, “I want to play a comfortable role where I can walk around and drag my feet in slippers. I am confident I could pull it off.” 

https://www.soompi.com/article/587947wpp/actor-lee-min-ho-wants-to-play-a-non-fussy-role-next

thanks for bringing up GB example, I hope LMH does the character that he wants. 

• Like 8
  • Wiggle 1

16 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Which LMH drama have you rewatched the most?  (hey, this would have been a good poll!)  

Mine is LOTBS.  I think BOF may be close behind.  

Mine will be LOTBS-FAITH-BOF-CH.

Hope I will do well with the next poll, I have a problem with memorizing names. I only remember the leads name.

• Like 4
  • Love 2