Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

We have an interesting race in the favorite scene from Faith poll.  A tie between CY tracing ES's silhouette and ES joining the Woodalchi.  Only 1 vote behind is ES tracing CY's profile.  We must have a thing about tracing profiles!  lol  The poll closes tomorrow.  Make sure you get your vote in.  

23 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

I've not seen Latifah on twitter for a long time.  :(

That's too bad.  I really liked her.  :tears:

• Like 4
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

KGC promotes red ginseng with Kim Soo-hyun, Lee Min-ho

Korea Ginseng Corporation (KGC) is promoting its red ginseng products in overseas markets with star actors Kim Soo-hyun and Lee Min-ho.

The company has selected the Korean actors as models for Cheong Kwan Jang's red ginseng product and red ginseng cosmetics line Donginbi.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Lee, in the meantime, became KGC's global spokesmodel for red ginseng in July. Lee gained fame in Korea and Asia with his roles in dramas including "Boys Over Flowers" and "The Heirs." He is promoting the product for the markets of China, Japan and Taiwan, as well as Singapore and Malaysia.

KGC said the hallyu stars are playing a key role in introducing red ginseng to foreign markets.

Red ginseng has been recognized by Korea's Ministry of Food and Drug Safety for its effects of boosting the immune system and fighting fatigue.

KGC said it is using young Korean stars, as the demographic of young consumers of red ginseng product consumers has grown.

Formerly, the products were mostly consumed by the elderly ― the main age group that is concerned about health.

But more young consumers can be seen both in Korea and overseas, according to KGC. The company attributed this to content marketing on YouTube and other forms of social media.

KGC also said it has become an effective strategy to have recognizable celebrities as its spokesmodels, given the growth of e-commerce around the world.

It said the spokesmodels can promote its products in overseas markets through e-commerce channels, even without having a strong walk-in store presence.

"Because overseas consumers learn about Korea through a diverse range of online content, there is a high level of awareness of Korean celebrities," a KGC official said.

"Based on interest in boosting the immune system amid the COVID-19 pandemic, red ginseng being promoted by celebrities in overseas markets is also seeing a positive response."

credit : Korea Times

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/tech/2020/12/693_301217.html

• Like 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

10 K-Dramas Based On Non-Korean Novels And Shows

Did you know that these K-Dramas weren’t originally a Korean work?

Many TV shows are actually remakes or adaptations nowadays. However, many international fans may not even notice that the K-Drama they’re watching wasn’t originally a Korean work.

Let’s explore 10 dramas that were based of of non-Korean novels and shows!

4. City Hunter

Lee Yoon Sung (Lee Min Ho) works on the international communications team in the Blue House. He plans revenge on five politicians who caused his father’s death and becomes a “City Hunter”.

5baRiTg_8fLJtd40NjbpfuFzhq7OFFyttkpTM3ZGJdKZ5ef9NJNQwuI9d0SBQwo3AVrmxKSHIXx8-FWPgq607C6PAu5Svpa_xEZXbZEn2jSGa0qn=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

Many adaptations of this manga have been made but Lee Min Ho certainly brought popularity to the Korean adaptation. Many people loved 80s anime so it’s easy to see why many would try to replicate it.

GB-m8PaBYgOHxWji08xBg63JeYoxmiBNMt2KCNnzV4qNhSxPx-hGECAUEdTpZo0mzg-Hz1qE6GulmTb8Gie0VIs04Q4udkt7Pn0PHc4mGriDl60=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

8. Boys Over Flowers

Geum Jan Di (Gu Hye Seon) comes from a poor family who owns a dry-cleaning shop. One day, she visits Shinhwa High School, a school for the wealthy, and saves a student trying to commit suicide because of bullying. For her heroic act, Jan Di receives a swimming scholarship and starts attending the school. In school, she meets F4, the most popular and powerful group of boys at the school. Her life at school starts miserable, as she doesn’t fit in with other students because of her status, and later becomes worse when she is labeled as the new bullying target of the F4.

O4c4HlPD-Y9hviwotg-VNS2tB9_lrJQoZ_RYm9_QFMXuSFLihkiaOD_obIMd2_Gw_1Zri5opzdO0S9_mkmftmnN79XloT5wl3hRgatF1CKLNerI=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

Yes, the most popular K-Drama in Korea was actually adapted from a manga! Hana Yori Dango by Yoko Kamio has had many adaptations, but the Korean drama is perhaps the most well known of all.

rcBRVVqVP5CuI94LBOoMTmax1y5VVmzVIMy5j4e2b0cvzIxO7cdkDFbH0ZJO0f_heCCOkoR-CWcJfcE-41QB7JPfkOPGLBl0CsVqIgnwBJuiZQ=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Koreaboo

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/10-k-dramas-based-non-korean-novels-shows/

• Like 2
  • Love 4

I see Korean web toons are popular these days and apparently they get released on Naver. Korean people like web toons a lot. What do you guys think about LMH doing a drama based on an original web toon? Good idea? Do you guys know any good web toons? Honestly, I don’t follow web toons and haven’t watched any but I have heard of many dramas being made based on them. 

@leeminhosnydo you want LMH to do a drama based on Webtoon? 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

Hope we get an IG update today! 

I hope so @Nikaa94   On webtoon, it will have to depends on the storyline.  Most important is that LMH is the one with the most screen time possible please (should there be other characters involved).. as in the Faith, Heirs and LOTBS.   

1 hour ago, backstreetboysfan said:

I think I will watch *Faith* as one of my side drama but it will be a slow one as I have a few side ones I have to finish and I have also 15 but as of tomorrow 16 on air ones (But I do have a few ending soon).

@backstreetboysfan  when I first saw Faith, it has 24 episodes , i was like wondering whether I could finish it.   Trust me, trust us - you will love LMH as Daejang, the character, a man of few words.  

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

15 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

I see Korean web toons are popular these days and apparently they get released on Naver. Korean people like web toons a lot. What do you guys think about LMH doing a drama based on an original web toon? Good idea? Do you guys know any good web toons? Honestly, I don’t follow web toons and haven’t watched any but I have heard of many dramas being made based on them. 

I don't know Korean Webtoon but I know webtoons (and their adaptation) are so popular in web sites last 4-5 years in Korea , even they are read millions times so There are so many adaptation not only just drama even movies , I don't want  romcom webtoon adaptation because mostly they are simple , cliche I think they fits rookie actors ( I like Extraordinary You last year it has unique story)  but if they are mystery, thriller etc. or look like City Hunter , maybe I want it. But every adaptation's rating aren't high but they are popular in web again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 2

10 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

I just created a very fun poll on Twitter!   My favorite topic! I personally find it challenging to choose among the options. :lol: 

This is great @Nikaa94  I personally would love him to be in 16 episode Netflix Kdrama.   A movie in the pipeline would be good but can we have the drama please.   And please do continue with the Movielogs, Min Ho-ssi because that is very personalized and special coming from him.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

7 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

I don't know Korean Webtoon but I know webtoons (and their adaptation) are so popular in web sites last 4-5 years in Korea , even they are read millions times so There are so many adaptation not only just drama even movies , I don't want  romcom webtoon adaptation because mostly they are simple , cliche I think they fits rookie actors ( I like Extraordinary You last year it has unique story)  but if they are mystery, thriller etc. or look like City Hunter , maybe I want it. But every adaptation's rating aren't high but they are popular in web again.

this Webtoon idea came to mind when I saw @willenettepost about two of LMH’s dramas based on Non-Korean novels. LMH did extremely well in both BOF and City Hunter and and has owned the characters. I suddenly miss these shows :lol: 

i don’t want super simple stories but I also don’t want complicated thriller. LMH can bring out the best of any character he picks. If the story is refreshing and character is well written, he may do a webtoon based drama. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

this Webtoon idea came to mind when I saw @willenettepost about two of LMH’s dramas based on Non-Korean novels. LMH did extremely well in both BOF and City Hunter and and has owned the characters. I suddenly miss these shows :lol: 

i don’t want super simple stories but I also don’t want complicated thriller. LMH can bring out the best of any character he picks. If the story is refreshing and character is well written, he may do a webtoon based drama. 

@Nikaa94 indeed!

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Nikaa94 said:

@Nikaa94, actually, there are many K-dramas, which are adapted from popular webtoons. While the webtoon version is a good read, the performances from the cast of the webtoon dramas help to better bring the scenes to life. Webtoons are undeniably popular in South Korea – Okay, let’s just admit, sometimes webtoons are better just because you can draw quite literally anything into existence, unlike the real world. While the drama is amazing, the webtoon instantly puts fear in your heart just by looking at the characters. With the permanently big, dark eyes and the man with the inhumanely huge smile, it’s hard to look at them for too long without getting uncomfortable (which is exactly the point). :blush:

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Dear Oppa: A young Sri Lankan fan thanks Lee Min Ho for being a loving idol and kind person

Dear Oppa: In today's edition, we feature a letter from a young Sri Lankan fan addressed to Lee Min Ho. She fangirls over the star and showers him with love.
Written By Pinkvilla Desk  78292 reads  Mumbai  Published: December 22, 2020

lee_min_ho_latest_photo_sm_0.jpg?itok=Bi

There is no doubt that Lee Min Ho is among the most popular K-drama stars in the world. The actor has witnessed his fandom increase with every show he has starred in. This includes The Heirs, Boys Over Flowers, Legends of the Blue Sea and more recently, The King: Eternal Monarch. The actor has fans from different age groups and countries. One such fan, from Sri Lanka, writes to us as part of our Dear Oppa section and showers Lee Min Ho with love.

Dedu Bandara revealed her journey of becoming a Minoz while gushing about the actor. Read her complete letter below:

Since my childhood, I am a big fan of Korean dramas starting as a little fan from country Sri Lanka. But the drama which I love from my deepest heart was Boys Over Flowers. I obsessed with Lee Min Ho cutest smile and handsome look. Then starting from that I became a Minoz. (Lee Min Ho fangirl). Next City Hunter, Legend of the Blue Sea, Faith, Heirs, Bounty Hunters, Personal Taste, and The King I watched all these k dramas and films. Dear Oppa, thank u for being such a loving idol and kind person with a beautiful smile which flies off all my dark days and turn them into bright. So all my blessings and well good wishes dear Lee Min Ho. Stay safe and healthy. Lots of love from Sri Lanka. Lee Min Ho, you are the king of talents, hardworking, encouragement. Mom and dad are so lucky to have a wonderful child-like u dear Oppa. Love u.

Yours sincerely,

Dedu Bandara,

Sri Lanka.

Want to let out in words, your undying fondness for your favourite K-drama and K-pop stars? Email your open letter to: editorial@pinkvilla.com, mentioning your full name and country. The opportunity is open to readers from across the globe.

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/dear-oppa-young-sri-lankan-fan-thanks-lee-min-ho-being-loving-idol-and-kind-person-585767

• Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

@Nikaa94, like you, I also don't follow by reading them but, I've watched many of them adapted through K-dramas. :blush:

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, willenette said:

@Nikaa94, like you, I also don't follow by reading them but, I've watched many of them adapted through K-dramas. :blush:

thanks for the information about webtoon :heart1:  Let’s see what Min Ho will choose after pachinko. I’m most curious about his plans for 2021. :glasses:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

Favourite K drama Couple of 2020: Fans crown The King: Eternal Monarch's Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun as winners

A few days back, Pinkvilla asked fans to vote for their favourite K-drama couple of 2020 and the final results declared The King: Eternal Monarch pair Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun as the winners.

Written By Karishma Shetty  Mumbai  Published: December 22, 2020

the_king_eternal_monarch_lee_min_ho_kim_

2020 may have been a dull year for all of us but keeping us plenty company were some amazing Korean dramas. Moreover, our hearts were left fluttered left, right and centre thanks to the various onscreen pairings we were able to witness in one year alone. Hence, a few days back, Pinkvilla ran a poll asking fans to pick their favourite K-drama couple of 2020.

The voters were given four choices: Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin in Crash Landing on You, Nam Joo-hyuk and Suzy in Start-Up, Kim Soo-hyun and Seo Ye-ji in It's Okay to Not Be Okay and Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun in The King: Eternal Monarch. With an overwhelming 18,293 votes in total, topping the list with 30 percent of the votes was Min-ho and Go-eun's charismatic chemistry in TKEM. Fans found their 'not typical' K-drama love story to be a refreshing change while their on-screen equation was too hot to handle. It comes as no surprise that fans are shipping the pair IRL and are hoping for them to reunite in TKEM Season 2 or another drama soon.

Coming in hot in the second rank, we have Joo-hyuk and Suzy's youthful chemistry which stole hearts of 29.9 percent voters, just 0.1 percent away from tieing with Min-ho and Go-eun. Placing in the third position were Soo-hyun and Ye-ji, whose delectable chemistry garnered 21.7 percent of the votes. Rounding the list at No. 4, we have Bin and Ye-jin's eternal chemistry leaving 18.4 percent voters besotted.

Check out Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun's winning numbers as fans' Favourite K-drama Couple of 2020 below:

Do you agree with the winners? Share your thoughts on Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun being crowned as Favourite K-drama Couple of 2020 in the comments section below.

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/favourite-k-drama-couple-2020-fans-crown-king-eternal-monarchs-lee-min-ho-and-kim-go-eun-winners-585772?amp

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 3

40 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

thanks for the information about webtoon :heart1:  Let’s see what Min Ho will choose after pachinko. I’m most curious about his plans for 2021. :glasses:

I was thinking maybe something completely different since webtoon is frequent these days and the same goes to Rom-com, Zombie genre, Melo etc etc all these are frequent but rather we need something completely unique. 

I would actully take a netflix gangster series and I know this is uncommon but I would like intimate scenes to be included frequently Something along what @Elnin Joery said where we are following his character in the underworld. We need VIOLENCE alot of VIOLENCE in this series to the point it becomes unique and the International fans will eat it raw binging in one sitting drooling. 

Lee Min-Ho just has that menacing eyes and cool gunslinger vibe he was created on this earth for such roles. 

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, Min2206 said:

I hope so @Nikaa94   On webtoon, it will have to depends on the storyline.  Most important is that LMH is the one with the most screen time possible please (should there be other characters involved).. as in the Faith, Heirs and LOTBS.   

@backstreetboysfan  when I first saw Faith, it has 24 episodes , i was like wondering whether I could finish it.   Trust me, trust us - you will love LMH as Daejang, the character, a man of few words.  

@Min2206, I've noticed that every K-Drama that I've watched ends with episode 16. And I love it. I don't also like long EPs. Short EPs usually a standard when you produce a drama. Producers always consider cost factor. Many drama production companies have to pay the bills up front. Then they sell it to the broadcasters and get paid. Too long dramas will be expensive to produce and require lots of up front money. Producers could also take risk. No one can guarantee a hit. Broadcasters don't want to be committed to a 6 month series and see ratings drop for long periods should the drama be a dud. Broadcasters earn money through advertising and a dud can reduce their income. To produce very long dramas means a much longer commitment period for the actors. Although top actors are well paid, the b-list ones are not as well paid and might find it hard to commit to a long period (for minimal screen time and irregular filming schedule) unless their pay is increased. :blush:

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

14 minutes ago, willenette said:

@Min2206, I've noticed that every K-Drama that I've watched ends with episode 16. And I love it. I don't also like long EPs. Short EPs usually a standard when you produce a drama. Producers always consider cost factor. Many drama production companies have to pay the bills up front. Then they sell it to the broadcasters and get paid. Too long dramas will be expensive to produce and require lots of up front money. Producers could also take risk. No one can guarantee a hit. Broadcasters don't want to be committed to a 6 month series and see ratings drop for long periods should the drama be a dud. Broadcasters earn money through advertising and a dud can reduce their income. To produce very long dramas means a much longer commitment period for the actors. Although top actors are well paid, the b-list ones are not as well paid and might find it hard to commit to a long period (for minimal screen time and irregular filming schedule) unless their pay is increased. :blush:

Ooh @willenette thanks so much for the explanation on production cost between short vs long dramas :D

Faith again with King Lee gon

• Like 1
  • Blob 2