Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

13 hours ago, CallieP said:

Who is the lady with him insisting that he buys the Rochas sweater?  His stylist?  I don't really like the sweater. It seems like it is black lace see-thru.  Seems like that.

I think the question about his stylist has already been answered. I really like how she talks to him and the familiarity behind it, but I don't like that she is wearing her mask with her nose outside of it... Here the corona is hitting hard and we are obliged to wear the masks all the time while outside home and seeing people wearing them with the nose outside puts me in a really bad mood. 

But I agree with you on the sweater. The fabric might be luxurious but I don't like the colours. Although no problem with the deep neck :approves:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, madmad min said:

I apologize Firsthand I may end up sounding rude to those who found something odd with Movielog 3.

LMH 3rd Movielog FIRSTHAND Proves that we as fans need to understand the Uber Popular Celebs also are Normal People ,who presented their art but fans ended up assuming their personality and privacy as per their own suggestions.

LMH Stylish is NOT A KPOP artist or someone who is in front of CAMERA she can choose howsoever to dress , Her JOB is to make Him Look Good during his Work Projects. How is her personal sense of dressing up leading to Him being not properly dressed? I have never seen him dress Improper or shabbily!

LMH is not Looking like Himself???? His Looks are mostly dependent on the character He is playing at the moment and Most sincere actors are, If they were to appear Looking without makeup or like themselves All the time, then again there will be fans saying Omo he looks so bad not like Him. Lee Gon is not Lee Min Ho. Imagine someone telling this to you.

He Doesn'tt have that kind of life like Going out and Buying clothes, that is his Personal Choice , the stylist is His friend who can actually suggest him that, We as a Respected Fan can only suggest the roles he should take on that too because we see the potential not Comment on how he Dresses, be friends with, eats, dates or Duration of staying cooped up inside his house. We should be glad his some Real moments were allowed to be shared with us.

Do we or anyone else know What kind of PEOPLE he is spending his time with that the statement "Not Spending time with right company comes aboard??"This is so ridiculous. He does not date the Desired Fan choice of Girl He is deemed a Playboy, He does date a Celebrity Fan Favorite he is deemed a not competent actor or not worthy of that person. Please Give a Break, He dates for himself not for fans!!He stays at home he is not outgoing he should do xyz thing or change his friends company ? WHY??? Can a star not be introvert??? He is a Shy guy that all his fans know. Not outgoing or Extrovert like a lot others are.

There are Studios who promote their actors to such extent that their real life persona somehow Blurrs due to their on screen Persona. Acting is a profession , acting is not Actual Personality. FANS DO NOT OWN THE CELEB. This is the precise reason a lot of celebrities find themselves incompetent at times and have to please their fans especially in Asian Entertainment. They overwork and have health issues, due to xyz demanding fans.

He should spend time in Social Reforms or something on those lines., yes Ok even if he does charity which HE DOES it is not to be publicized. Publicized Charity is very much like saying highest paid actors, Blowing their Own Trumpet to show a GOD LIKE PERSONA.AGAIN HIS FREAKING CHOICE!!! 

Please respect and appreciate the content and tidbits shown , instead of emphasizing and criticizing the friends, company , stylist and how one lives their lives. Celebs do not ask you how to live nor should we ask them to do so.

Also we know that LMH didn't talk about his private life and he never have show us for years , We even didn't know his close friends ,(he just talked rookie days) he never share his friend pic or he didn't comment them etc. but he changed after MS , this is chellenges of his life , he works hard to  communite with fans, he update IG often he opned Youtube channel etc. This is so big blessing for us, I remember he commented other IG post first time ,I was surprised it. Now he shares his friends dinner with us .He work hard to open his life. Maybe so he keeped his life there are strange people to judge his life in world always. 

• Like 10
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 2

13 hours ago, kdyes said:

Before MS, LMH said in DMZ that he really wanted to make movies that had some social value.

Pachinko, the book source for his very next project, has an abundance of relevant social issues to think about:  immigration, discrimination, income inequality, race, foreigners, identity, … the poor, prisoners, working women, homosexuals, the disabled, unmarried and interracial couples, HIV patients, and drug addicts.  source

I encourage reading the book, so as not to confuse the story for a Yakuza romance.  

It doesn't need explaining why an actor would pursue such a project.

f9f98c01cfa5ca97acbad29cda930e982545ba98

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 6

13 minutes ago, 1ouise said:

Pachinko, the book source for his very next project, has an abundance of relevant social issues to think about:  immigration, discrimination, income inequality, race, foreigners, identity, … the poor, prisoners, working women, homosexuals, the disabled, unmarried and interracial couples, HIV patients, and drug addicts.  source

I encourage reading the book, so as not to confuse the story for a Yakuza romance.  

It doesn't need explaining why an actor would pursue such a project.

f9f98c01cfa5ca97acbad29cda930e982545ba98

Yes, I thought the same about his choosing Pachinko. I hope he can eventually fulfill his desire to produce or direct like this. I enjoyed the book, engrossing.

• Like 4

Where Lee Minho Appears in LEE MINHO FILM Movielog EP.3

민스 키친 (Mins Kitchen Gamgnam) - Korean cuisine
No. 10-4, 45th Street, Dosandaero, Gangnam-gu, Seoul (P1-4)

BOON THE SHOP
21, 60th Street, Cheongdam-dong-Gujeong-ro, Gangnam-gu, Seoul No. (P5-8)

e3970d78gy1gkiq4kwqskj20q113iwil.jpg

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4569325166398405

• Like 5

Today accidentally found an interview with Lee Min Ho when he was only 20 years old. But even then he was very responsible for his work. It seems to me, interview is interesting and touching:

Interview with Lee Min Ho, 2007.

Interview-Lee Min-ho, who plays the role of beautiful Her Mose in ``I.M. Sam,'' "There were many twists and turns, but it will work well in the future."

viewimage.php?id=20b4de2eea&no=24b0d769e

Lee Min-ho (20), a new talent who appeared as a beautiful ``Heo Mose,'' in KBS 2TV's monthly drama ``I Am Sam,'' which ended a while ago, is regrettable for the poor popularity of the drama. This is because ``I Am Sam'' was a golden opportunity for Lee Min-ho, who had a lot of bad luck compared to his brilliant appearance in the entertainment industry with his outstanding appearance.

Lee Min-ho was on the verge of appearing in dramas such as ``High Kick Without Hesitation'' and ``2 Outs at the End of the 9th'' last year, but was in a car accident and had to give up everything. He appeared in the lead role in the SBS drama toon ``Run Mackerel'', but suffered the pain that the drama scheduled for 24 episodes ended early in the eighth episode. The drama that came to appear after hard work was ``I Am Sam''. However, the viewership rating of this drama was also not very good. He said, "I had a lot of anticipation when I was playing'Run Mackerel', but it was so regrettable that it was over after two months of broadcasting." "I've been through a lot of hardships this time, but I'm sorry that the ratings didn't come out so much," he said. However, there is no rush. It is because I have learned the virtue of ``freedom'' as difficulties have overlapped.

"Up until last year, I was desperate to get up quickly. But now, I'm used to waiting with my acting skills. If you work hard on each work, you will have good works and gain popularity, and you will find people who come to me." 186cm tall and exotic looks... Lee Min-ho, ``The Cotyledons Called by Halseong,'' is actually an actor who can see the possibility of opening one day only when looking at the external conditions.

It is 186cm tall and has an exotic yet clear line. Lee Min-ho, who has been in entertainment since his sophomore year in high school, has played a role that matches his appearance, such as a beautiful role, thanks to outstanding external conditions. He said, "I also like to play and I tend to simplify my thoughts, so it was not difficult for such characters to act."

viewimage.php?id=20b4de2eea&no=24b0d769e

However, Lee Min Ho's extraordinary point is that he is not the type to play like a spoiled person.
In fact, Lee Min Ho takes acting very seriously.
“It's getting harder to play,” Lee Min Ho said.

My favorite actors are ㅅㄱㄱ and American actors Le. It. Le. Until D. Ka. F. Lee. Oh. No matter what role you play, I envy that you digest it as if you were yourself.

When asked about his goals as an actor, he expressed the hope that "I want to hear a story about an actor of my color when he became a middle-aged actor."

Lee Min-ho, who says, "I want to become an actor who lasts longer than a star or a celebrity," is very curious whether he will keep his words until the end.

google translation

https://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=minho&no=694184

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 9

3 hours ago, nina_mitrokhina 5misnina said:

When asked about his goals as an actor, he expressed the hope that "I want to hear a story about an actor of my color when he became a middle-aged actor."

Lee Min-ho, who says, "I want to become an actor who lasts longer than a star or a celebrity," is very curious whether he will keep his words until the end.

google translation

https://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=minho&no=694184

I truly liked the last part and it is weird and coincidently that he has realized this dream. He has cemented a legacy where his name will forever be intertwined with Kdramas and Asian entertainment as awhole and his been a major vocal point not only for Kdramas but Asia as awhole. His a generational actor who defines a generation. I can already tell you now that the name Lee Min Ho will last forever in the global Film/TV circuit worldwide and it will keep echoing from time to time for atleast a century to come 

• Like 8
  • Awesome 4
  • Insightful 1

(Almost) everything you'd like to know about the OTT

It is said that the OTT war has become more heated due to changes in viewing habits because of the Covid-19 pandemic. Today, I'm going to talk to Rajegi, a film reporter, about almost everything you want to know about OTT.

-Please give me a brief explanation of the OTT.

"This service provides movies, dramas, and other videos on the Internet without cable TV, IPTV, or satellite broadcasting receiver 'set-top box'." Netflix is the epitome. But we've been enjoying it for a long time, and the YouTube that we use a lot is OTT. You can watch YouTube on your smartphone, PC, smart TV, etc. without needing a special receiver. The difference is that Netflix is based on paid services and YouTube is based on free services. There's a YouTube Premium, a paid service that allows you to watch YouTube without advertising."

-I heard Apple has an OTT business, so how good is it?

"Apple entered the video streaming business based on the existing set-top box called Apple TV. They are working with legendary director Steven Spielberg and famous host, actor, and broadcast producer Oprah Winfrey to develop various video content. The name of OTT is Apple TV Plus. It was launched last November. But it hasn't reached Korea yet. An estimated 40 million people worldwide are paid members. Recently, the production of a drama called 'Pachinko' with Korean-American writer Lee Min-jin was announced. Hallyu star Lee Min-ho was cast and made headlines in Korea."

The COVID-19 pandemic is changing the way video content is consumed. The U.S. OTT's entry into the Korean market is bound to intensify. It is expected to lead the change of perception in the Korean video industry. "

https://www.hankookilbo.com/News/Read/A2020110914390003534?did=NA

style_5fa36dacd10c5.jpg

Apple TV Plus Wants Korean Content

Recently, Apple's OTT service, Apple TV+, which is preparing to be released in Korea by adding Korean subtitles to all original content, sent a series of love calls to Korean actors and directors. The second original content of Apple TV+, where you'll meet familiar faces.

Actor Lee Min-ho has been confirmed to star in "Pachinko," which had been on the production list since the launch of Apple TV+. Based on a novel of the same name by Korean-American writer Lee Min-jin, the drama deals with the hard life and identity of Korean immigrants who moved to Japan and the United States after the Japanese colonial period. The novel was introduced to influential media such as "Book of the Year" selected by the New York Times in 2107 and was nominated as the final candidate for the National Book Award. In the eight-part series of Apple TV Plus [Pachinko], Lee plays the main character Hansu. He is a secret merchant who has built up wealth and power by establishing ties with criminal organizations, and a man who pursues taboo love.

In addition, Asian actors have been cast for major characters. Kim Min-ha, who is a new actor who made her debut in the film "After Spring," plays Sunja, a heroic teenager who pioneers her way.

We look forward to the great journey of [Pachinko], which will deal with war, peace, love and separation, victory and judgment, going back and forth between Korea, Japan and the United States. At the end of October, they started filming in Korea.

http://www.gqkorea.co.kr/2020/11/06/한국-콘텐츠-욕심내는-애플-tv-플러스/?utm_source=naver&utm_medium=partnership

3 hours ago, Elnin Joery said:

I truly liked the last part and it is weird and coincidently that he has realized this dream. He has cemented a legacy where his name will forever be intertwined with Kdramas and Asian entertainment as awhole and his been a major vocal point not only for Kdramas but Asia as awhole. His a generational actor who defines a generation. I can already tell you now that the name Lee Min Ho will last forever in the global Film/TV circuit worldwide and it will keep echoing from time to time for atleast a century to come 

Yes, I agree. LMH is only in his early thirties, and yet has already made his name beyond the shores of Korea. In other countries, "Korea" is synonymous to "Lee Min Ho." He is not only ambassador of certain products or institutions, rather, he is the ambassador of Kdramas and Korean entertainment at large. Hence his title, Hallyu King. 

:wow1::wow1:

• Like 13
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 3

5 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

I want the Cheong Kwan Jang phone stand!

Tomorrow Round 6 of the LOTBS quiz!  That is, unless LMH posts something tonight/tomorrow.  @Nikaa94 is LMH going to post anything?  lol:lol:

All his frequent posts spoiling us, I want more - IG live may be? :doggie:

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 4

32 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

I want the Cheong Kwan Jang phone stand!

Tomorrow Round 6 of the LOTBS quiz!  That is, unless LMH posts something tonight/tomorrow.  @Nikaa94 is LMH going to post anything?  lol:lol:

Let me look at the stars lol  :joy:  No, I don’t think he will post tonight/tmr :approves: usually do my predictions based on the stars :yum:

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 10
  • Awesome 1

11 hours ago, nina_mitrokhina 5misnina said:

Where Lee Minho Appears in LEE MINHO FILM Movielog EP.3

민스 키친 (Mins Kitchen Gamgnam) - Korean cuisine
No. 10-4, 45th Street, Dosandaero, Gangnam-gu, Seoul (P1-4)

BOON THE SHOP
21, 60th Street, Cheongdam-dong-Gujeong-ro, Gangnam-gu, Seoul No. (P5-8)

e3970d78gy1gkiq4kwqskj20q113iwil.jpg

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4569325166398405

@nina_mitrokhina 5misnina, thanks for sharing this.  For me, exploring a country and culture starts with food! I love to try local meals wherever I travel. Min’s Kitchen located near Dosan Park is a good place to try. It has a sophisticated interior. And that looking at the menu here, one can’t help but notice how extensive it is. Hahaha - Min’s Kitchen is quite known for its extensive wine selection (several types). Min’s Kitchen overall is a casual place. It’s still one on my lists to visit again in the future. What’s NICE is they have menu in English. It also shows Korean description of the meals. And Min’s Kitchen is very close to public transportation. Just look out for the sign leading you straight down to the basement restaurant. I noticed that the staffs are also fluent in English, making it super easy for foreigners coming to experience Minji’s meals. :blush:

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 3