Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

8a76197b5c834f13ba575229fb2cebcd.jpeg?s=

“The King: Eternal Monarch” Staff Shares High Praise For Lee Min Ho’s Dedication And Work Ethic

The staff of SBS’s Friday-Saturday drama “The King: Eternal Monarch” had high praise for lead actor Lee Min Ho.

“The King: Eternal Monarch” tells the story of Emperor Lee Gon (Lee Min Ho) and detective Jung Tae Eul (Kim Go Eun), who live in parallel universes where Korea is a constitutional monarchy and democracy respectively, but work together to try and save peoples lives.

Lee Min Ho has been showcasing his talents as an actor through the evolution of his character. His maturity and attention to detail is helping viewers become more immersed in Lee Gon’s story. He is being applauded for his use of his gaze, expressions, and voice to give off a regal aura that is perfect for his character as an emperor.

According to the staff, Lee Min Ho is constantly looking over his script and monitoring his scenes in order to help viewers understand the complicated emotions his character feels as he goes back and forth between two worlds. Not only does he put in effort to have control over his lines, vocal tone, breathing, movements, and outfits, he is said to be in constant communication with the director and his fellow actors. The staff has shared that his considerate and sincere attitude reflects his efforts to bring Lee Gon to life.

A source from “The King: Eternal Monarch” stated, “He’s an actor with amazing passion and concentration at every moment. As the drama progresses, we continue to be amazed by Lee Min Ho’s ability to express emotions in depth. We are moved by his hard work to make sure that not a single scene goes to waste.”

“The King: Eternal Monarch” airs every Friday and Saturday at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1399519wpp/the-king-eternal-monarch-staff-shares-high-praise-for-lee-min-hos-dedication-and-work-ethic

• Like 4
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Ok, if you don’t watch Faith for the whole story, you might want to just watch for Choi Young and the imja couple. At least watch this music video. You have no idea how much it hurts. They are the sweetest couple I have ever witnessed in the Korean dramas. I love them so much it hurts. :bawling:

Slightly Off topic: Talking about faith,  I didn’t realize shin Jae appeared in Faith before... I don’t remember seeing him haha. (Scroll right ) 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

10 minutes ago, SophieH said:

Yeah I know those comments are unbelievable. But I still can’t help but reading them and my heart would ached badly the whole night. This is really eye opening okay... It’s my first time following his drama live I can’t believe how toxic knetz can be....and that really makes me want to protect his career and support him to the end. But then again I’m helpless that we can only support him from a distant and quietly. Arghhh being a fan has its internal struggles haha. 

You’re right I’m sure his time to shine will come. I really enjoyed LOTBS because he has so much screen time. It’s like the story is made just for him. 

I also have a feeling he’s gonna need some time to recuperate after this. What makes me even sad is he’s gonna take time to review scripts and plan things so we might have to wait a bit... I hope now that he is in Act 2 we get to hear his new works faster.

Totally...I’m rooting for him to find his true love and happiness....someone who shares his silence but stronger vision, who shares his laughter and accept him for who he is (feels like we have a good candidate in mind, do we?)

@SophieH This is my first time watching his drama live as well. Like you, i can't help but lurking over to some websites and reddit page. I have been able to control the Lurking and it has help tremendously, but you know those comments are out there :(. Yeah, i just know realize how toxic Knetz can be and the whole Drama online community. I have 1-2 actors i cannot stand, like absolutely cannot stand. But, i don't go and watch their Dramas and nitpick and later scrutinized the acting. I just simply don't watch. and i don't complain about their acting ability etc etc...i simply follow those i like and one that i might be able to enjoy.

Yeah, he has a lot of screen time with LOTBS. But... i think that's Park Ji Eun writing for you, she really focus on the main couple. CLOY is her first Drama where i felt like i was somewhat invested in the second couple.

He will need time off after this. They have been shooting since end of October. if my calculation is correct, by the time TKEM end in June (considering no delay or extension) they will be shooting for 8 months. That's a long time. 

I think we do have a candidate in mind. hehe...

4 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Hahaha I think our rant there got people thinking we don’t like Lee Gon, which is NOT the case at all! Lol.

You and me both! I prefer for him to just focus on acting. I definitely want to see him act more challenging roles. I want him to do film because the options for characters are endless there. But I’m a sucker for dramas so I wish he comes back with one every year too. I’m asking for too much huh?

Ok, if you don’t watch Faith for the whole story, you might want to just watch for Choi Young and the imja couple. At least watch this music video. You have no idea how much it hurts. They are the sweetest couple I have ever witnessed in the Korean dramas. I love them so much it hurts. :bawling:

Hahahaha, like you, I support marriage with whoever he loves. But preferably, I’m hoping he loves KGE :lol:

Little did they know, we love Lee Gon!!!!

Yes, i want him to do film, but i feel like Drama is easily accessible, especially with netflix. Whatever he choose i will support and if it is a movie, Hopefully i can watch it.

I will check out the video as well. 

Thank you!

• Like 2
  • Love 3

cr: TheB

10 hours ago, SophieH said:

Slightly Off topic: Talking about faith,  I didn’t realize shin Jae appeared in Faith before... I don’t remember seeing him haha. (Scroll right ) 

Yes, he was on Faith. Fans have been mentioning it before, and it's also cited in his Asiawiki page. I just didn't know what part of Faith to search for it lol. Well, someone finally unearthed it.

Spoiler

EXtK6AwVAAEjaLI?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Heretorant said:

Hahaha I think our rant there got people thinking we don’t like Lee Gon, which is NOT the case at all! Lol.

You and me both! I prefer for him to just focus on acting. I definitely want to see him act more challenging roles. I want him to do film because the options for characters are endless there. But I’m a sucker for dramas so I wish he comes back with one every year too. I’m asking for too much huh?

Hahahaha, like you, I support marriage with whoever he loves. But preferably, I’m hoping he loves KGE :lol:

Heretorant, I wish for a movie to be his next project, although shorter time on the screen but couldn't agree more of what you said. Since he'll be wrapping-up this drama soon, a movie must be good for his next work.  :blush:

• Like 4

I still have confidence that Lee Gon will shine in "The King" and "The King" will be a successful drama. 

Writer Kim said the rating of first episode of a drama was according to actors, and after first episode, the rating would be according to the good script. Since she is top scriptwriter, I will give her a chance that she will prove that she will not waste excellent actor like LMH.
Don't waste his acting skill to say "the chicken is tasted good."  :crazy:  At this point, I admired Writer Park Ji Eun, she refused too many PPL to destroy her script of LOTBS.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, gtLmh0622 said:

I still have confidence that Lee Gon will shine in "The King" and "The King" will be a successful drama. 

Writer Kim said the rating of first episode of a drama was according to actors, and after first episode, the rating would be according to script. Since she is top scriptwriter, I will give her a chance that she will prove that she will not waste excellent actor like LMH.
Don't waste his acting skill to say "the chicken is tasted good."  :crazy:  At this point, I admired Writer Park Ji Eun, she refused too many PPL to destroy her script of LOTBS.

20200511 LMH for Domino's Pizza.

gtLmh, oh......hang on there, keep that faith! About this "indirect advertisement" (PPL), product placement is necessary in the drama unless it doesn't take up the whole scene, which the drama did not. I'm sure that the production team all know that excessive isn't good. :)

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, willenette said:

gtLmh, oh......hang on there, keep that faith! About this "indirect advertisement" (PPL), product placement is necessary in the drama unless it doesn't take up the whole scene, which the drama did not. I'm sure that the production team all know that excessive isn't good. :)

https://www.koreastardaily.com/tc/news/126627

It did get criticism.

126627-838757.jpg

Spoiler

K-nets criticized that :
KES wrote the line for PPL like that, even Song Kang Ho can not save this drama.  :wacko:
Too awkward.
That's the line, can't keep watching anymore.

• Like 2
  • Unamused 3

31 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

What dose PPL mean? Is it Endorsement brand or has its own meaning or shorten from another stance

Joanna Alfson, it's a Product Placement in Korean TV - Instead of interrupting messages that appear in the middle of a programme like what we're used to before, PPL now influences audiences using "planned entry of a branded products into a TV programme or even some Korean movies are doing them right now. :blush: To put it simpler - it's an "indirect advertisement"

• Like 1

Hi everyone- please can we stop with the gloomies! OK so viewers with these measuring boxes in Korea aren’t watching The King - and that’s a shame BUT a lot of the rest of the world- including Korea -  is watching it via Netflix.

The following quote is from Vice Media ( I finally learnt how to cut and paste on an iPad)

“With everyone stuck at home, more people are finally getting on the K-drama train. And in several countries including the Philippines and Singapore, the biggest show at the moment is The King: Eternal Monarch.”

And we already knew it was doing well in other countries. So that’s very positive isn’t it. Aside from this, LMH Instagram followers are soaring - 14.3 million. His recent Instagram hits get millions of likes- this is not someone with a failing drama.

I know that it’s because we love and support him that we worry for him but let’s think positive- please.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Ok agree with @Lindyloo421 let’s keep the positive vibes going 

Time for some laughters !!! found this funny video that is almost going viral in Facebook... our King is so famous and he’s everyone’s sunshine.  Love how people would want to imitate him hahah

• LOL 7

The King: Eternal Monarch spoilers; 8 characters who may play big in episode 9

The King: Eternal Monarch is likely to reveal a lot to the viewers in episode 9 and here is a list of eight characters who could play bigger roles this week

The King: Eternal Monarch episode 9 will air on SBS this Friday, May 15, at 10 pm KST and it will take the viewers on a roller-coaster ride. Emperor Lee Gon and Detective Jung Tae Eul will be doing their best to stop Lee Lim from continuing his evil activities. In the meantime, Kang Shin Jae will try to find out who brought him to the Republic of Korea and why.

The upcoming episode of this fantasy thriller will also feature more deaths and the evil moves of Lee Lim as he tries to strengthen his force in both the worlds. Other characters who could play a bigger role in this episode are Prime Minister Koo Seo Ryung, her mother Kim Seong Ae, the King's childhood friend Jo Young and Lee Lim's right-hand man Yoo Kyung Moo.

So, let's find out how these characters are going to keep viewers hooked to screens this week:

Instagram

• Emperor Lee Gon and Detective Jung Tae Eul - These two characters have been loved by the followers of this SBS fantasy thriller because of their onscreen chemistry with each other. This week, the couple will have a more interesting role to play as they decide to stand for one another in difficult times. In episode 9, the viewers can also expect to see them enjoy another date in a beautiful place.
  • Kang Shin Jae – In the shocking cliffhanger of episode 8, it was revealed that this detective was brought to the Republic of Korea by someone from the Kingdom of Corea. The King: Eternal Monarch fans are now curious to know why was he brought to this world at a young age and what happened to his doppelganger. The viewers are likely to get the answers to all their questions in episode 9 as the detective tries to find out more details about his past.

The King: Eternal Monarch poster
  • Lee Lim - The royal traitor who killed the father of Emperor Lee Gon has been an interesting character since the premiere of this mini-series. Apart from being a power-thirsty Prince, he has always been good at targeting weak people. For the past 24 years, he has been working hard to create a strong army against his nephew and the current ruler of the Kingdom of Corea. It is worth noting that he has been successful in this mission to a certain extent. So, it will be really interesting to watch him start making his final moves this week.
  • Prime Minister Koo Seo Ryeong and her mother Kim Seong Ae – The powerful lady from the Kingdom of Corea now knows about the existence of her doppelganger. But she has no idea about how to trace this person. In the ninth episode, she may use all her powers to find out more about this person and could even try to get rid of that woman. Meanwhile, her mother might go through a lot of challenges because of Lee Lim. It remains to be seen if she will share the secret with anybody in her friend's circle.
  • Jo Young – The childhood friend and the most trusted bodyguard of Emperor Lee Gon is sure to surprise the viewers by displaying the softer side of his personality this week. He has always been a very loyal security person with a serious personality and a lot of attitude. The viewers noticed a change in character for him after he met Myung Na Ri in the Republic of Korea last week. New details about their budding romance could be revealed in the upcoming episode of this fantasy thriller.
  • Yoo Kyung Moo – Prince Imperial Geum a.k.a Lee Lim's right-hand man, Yoo Kyung Moo, has been too busy lately. Meeting a lot of new people and offering them a better life in another world has always kept him busy and now, he is being assigned to a new job. He will have to trace criminal Luna and try to convince her to join the team. The viewers will get to know more about this deal in episode 9.

https://www.ibtimes.sg/king-eternal-monarch-spoilers-8-characters-who-may-play-big-episode-9-44832

• Like 4

Just to add to Leeminhosny’s list of Netflix successes here are some more- thanks to Heilo on The King thread:

1 in Malaysia

1 in Singapore

1 in Vietnam

1 in Thailand

2 in Taiwan

4 in Japan

10 in India

Not bad!!

• Like 6
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 2

https://www.soompi.com/article/1399519wpp/the-king-eternal-monarch-staff-shares-high-praise-for-lee-min-hos-dedication-and-work-ethic

8a76197b5c834f13ba575229fb2cebcd.jpeg?s=

“The King: Eternal Monarch” Staff Shares High Praise For Lee Min Ho’s Dedication And Work Ethic

The staff of SBS’s Friday-Saturday drama “The King: Eternal Monarch” had high praise for lead actor Lee Min Ho.

“The King: Eternal Monarch” tells the story of Emperor Lee Gon (Lee Min Ho) and detective Jung Tae Eul (Kim Go Eun), who live in parallel universes where Korea is a constitutional monarchy and democracy respectively, but work together to try and save peoples lives.

Lee-Min-Ho-22.jpg

Lee-Min-Ho-31.jpg

Lee Min Ho has been showcasing his talents as an actor through the evolution of his character. His maturity and attention to detail is helping viewers become more immersed in Lee Gon’s story. He is being applauded for his use of his gaze, expressions, and voice to give off a regal aura that is perfect for his character as an emperor.

According to the staff, Lee Min Ho is constantly looking over his script and monitoring his scenes in order to help viewers understand the complicated emotions his character feels as he goes back and forth between two worlds. Not only does he put in effort to have control over his lines, vocal tone, breathing, movements, and outfits, he is said to be in constant communication with the director and his fellow actors. The staff has shared that his considerate and sincere attitude reflects his efforts to bring Lee Gon to life.

Spoiler

Lee-Min-Ho3.jpg

Lee-Min-Ho-11.jpg

A source from “The King: Eternal Monarch” stated, “He’s an actor with amazing passion and concentration at every moment. As the drama progresses, we continue to be amazed by Lee Min Ho’s ability to express emotions in depth. We are moved by his hard work to make sure that not a single scene goes to waste.”

“The King: Eternal Monarch” airs every Friday and Saturday at 10 p.m. KST.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was really sad that fans/non-fans all felt sorry for LMH's unfair treatment by the production team. I even dropped tears after our bb posted the poem to comfort his fans. But I felt better after reading the comments of this article on Soompi.

• Like 8
  • Sad 2