Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

2 hours ago, rubyminho said:

Anyone has any idea about Saturday episode ratings? Did it reach double figures?

rubyminho, according to Nielsen, the May 9 EP, which was last night (Sat), was 7.0% & 8.1% for its (2) parts. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

He really knows what his fans thinking about the drama, so he post the poem.  :bawling:
He's sooooooo warm and thoughtful. 
No wonder he got such success in his career.

How can you not love this boy ?  :heart:

You are so right gtLmh0622 - have can you not love him.
 I was looking at LMH stuff on YouTube and came across a video from a few years ago when he was going through Bangkok airport. There were thousands of fans there and the bodyguards were having real problems controlling the crowd and protecting LMH.  Suddenly a fan fell down and Min ho stopped dead and refused to move until he knew she was ok. Watching that I knew he deserves every bit of affection that he gets from us.
I guess we all have favourite  moments that touched us. Perhaps it can be one of the subjects we talk about when The King finishes.

• Like 7
  • Love 3

16 hours ago, SophieH said:

Maybe the stars will take your sorrow

Maybe the flowers will fill your heart with beauty

Maybe hope will wipe away your tears forever

And above all, silence will make you strong

Beautiful poem. 

Happy 14th anniversary to him. To me, he will always be my king in the KDramaland :D

Didn’t we discuss something similar before? Lmh is silent but strong.

Found our discussion on page 3396. How does his mind think just like ours? He must have been reading this thread lol. 

Side note: where can I watch Gangnam Blues? I’m hungry for some intense lmh after seeing glimpses of it in the king. Not enough, I need more! 

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

You are so right gtLmh0622 - have can you not love him.
 I was looking at LMH stuff on YouTube and came across a video from a few years ago when he was going through Bangkok airport. There were thousands of fans there and the bodyguards were having real problems controlling the crowd and protecting LMH.  Suddenly a fan fell down and Min ho stopped dead and refused to move until he knew she was ok. Watching that I knew he deserves every bit of affection that he gets from us.
I guess we all have favourite  moments that touched us. Perhaps it can be one of the subjects we talk about when The King finishes.

This is the moment that totally made me admire him as a genuine person. :heart:

Buses with greeting banners sponsored by LMH fans to celebrate his 14th debut anniversary

EXpPHesUEAAD4GG?format=jpg&name=small

EXpPIXGVAAcj9oB?format=jpg&name=small

LMH and Maximus

cr: kims_horse IG

EXpZ0mdVcAAbRNW?format=jpg&name=small

Spoiler

EXpZ05jVAAEFFrk?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 5
  • Love 4

202005111003000310_3.jpg

202005111003000310_4.jpg

202005111003000310_5.jpg

Spoiler

202005111003000310_6.jpg

"Lee Min-ho's sincerity is impressive, his concentration is great" 
Lee Min-ho is performing a mature emotional performance with sincerity.

Lee Min-ho, who plays the role of the Korean Empire emperor Lee Gon in SBS' Friday-Saturday drama "The King: Eternal Monarch," is leading viewers' immersion by portraying fantasy romance and even mysterious tension.

Last week's broadcast drew an internal change in Lee Gon, who faces his people in the Republic of Korea and feels a heavier sense of responsibility and mission, fueling expectations for the new second act. Lee Min-ho showed his potential to reverse the mood of the play, imprinting the appearance of a more solid monarch with his performance by expressing the emotional line of the character who was hit by a turn of events.

Along with the evolution of the main character, there is also growth in Lee Min-ho's mature acting career. Following his matured acting, viewers are naturally melting into Lee Gon's narrative. In particular, when the emotional scene is intensively portrayed, the main response is "certainly immersed." Lee Min-ho's eyes, facial expressions and deep voice, which capture the texture of emotions, not only highlight his charm as an emperor character, but also maximize his persuasion and immersion.

Currently, Lee Min-ho constantly repeats script analysis and monitoring to get viewers to understand the character's shift in emotions and complex emotional lines unfolding in and out of the two worlds. Personally, he not only makes strenuous efforts internally and externally, on his lines, voice tone, breathing, movements, and costumes, but he also communicates with directors and fellow actors on the set, creating synergy. It gives us a glimpse of Lee Min-ho's efforts to sincerely capture the charm of Lee Gon, who always speaks honestly and sincerely.

In this regard, an official at The King said, "He is an actor with great enthusiasm and concentration at every moment. As the play progresses, I am surprised by Lee Min-ho's deep emotional expression. I'm touched every time by that passion and effort not to make a scene vain," he said with praise.

Meanwhile, SBS Friday-Saturday drama "The King: Eternal Monarch," starring Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun, will be aired every Friday and Saturday at 10 p.m.

https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202005111003000310

• Like 8

@CallieP and I participated in the Viki watch party of ep 1 of LBS.  It was interesting to read the comments from the viewers.  There were approximately 586 people watching.  Many had never seen LBS before.  We were both surprised.  It gives you a little insight of what people like and don't like.    Next week BOF is on Sunday at 4.  

@Heretorant  We rewatched GB while LMH was in MS.  Does anyone who rewatched it remember where?  I think i watched it on viki, but I'm not sure.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Heretorant said:

Beautiful poem. 

Happy 14th anniversary to him. To me, he will always be my king in the KDramaland :D

Found our discussion on page 3396. How does his mind think just like ours? He must have been reading this thread lol. 

Side note: where can I watch Gangnam Blues? I’m hungry for some intense lmh after seeing glimpses of it in the king. Not enough, I need more! 

Heretorant, I have my own DVD copy of this movie but in case you wish to watch the film online, pls try this or any other shows for that matter-  :blush:

https://www.viu.com/ott/ph/

• Like 1
  • Love 2

10 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

@gtLmh0622 that's for sharing. He does have a lot of haters. I can't go anywhere online to read comments or respond for TKEM without seeing a lot of hate comments directed to him. This drama is not doing well (not his fault) doesn't help. 

I love TKEm but due to recent ratings and reading a lot of people's responses made me look forward to what Project he will choose later. Or... will anything He does will be good enough or people will still hate on him even if the project good. I thought He did really good in LOTBS and left an impressive note. And I think he is doing amazing portraying LG. But of course even his good scenes isn't recognized.

Sigh....

Happy 14th Anniversary LMH! I became a fan Feb 2019 and haven't looked back. 

• Like 10

9 hours ago, Heretorant said:

Beautiful poem. 

I'm rewatching City Hunter :). needing some LMH in action

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, scrawford said:

@gtLmh0622 that's for sharing. He does have a lot of haters. I can't go anywhere online to read comments or respond for TKEM without seeing a lot of hate comments directed to him. This drama is not doing well (not his fault) doesn't help. 

I love TKEm but due to recent ratings and reading a lot of people's responses made me look forward to what Project he will choose later. Or... will anything He does will be good enough or people will still hate on him even if the project good. I thought He did really good in LOTBS and left an impressive note. And I think he is doing amazing portraying LG. But of course even his good scenes isn't recognized.

Sigh....

scrawford, always bear in mind that "haters always hate" -  :blush:

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, scrawford said:

Sigh....

I think LG has so much potential to be more and I’m going to wait to see it. I don’t think the writer is just wasting away a good character. The time is just not right yet. 

But like you, I am thinking about his next project. I hope he does a dark genre movie. Not a scary one though lol. I don’t like scary movies. But goodness, he just thrives in action scenes so I would love to see him in another action movie. If not, maybe a melo love story? 

I don’t think we’ll be seeing him in the dramaland for awhile. But I hope he doesn’t make us wait too long. I’m already sad the king will end soon. 

He did do really well in LOTBS and he’s doing well in The King too but haters will hate no matter what. Anyone who says he can’t act characters that aren’t rich clearly has not seen faith or Gangnam blues. He’s brilliant!

I’ve been a fan for almost 8 years and counting. I discovered lmh when I entered college. I went away for school and was quite lonely and bored so I started watching Korean dramas. I discovered him in City Hunter then I watched Faith. Faith was what hooked me and I never looked back. I loved Choi Young so much by the end that I couldn’t move on from lmh. And here I am today, still here. Because I have been following him for years, I feel like I know him. And he’s such a sweet, kind hearted and humble person, it gets me angry when people try to tear him down. He deserves all the love he receives and no one has rights to discredit him for his hard work. If they think he got things handed down to him, they know nothing about him.

Anyway, am I the only one rooting for him to find love and start a family? Wouldn’t a mini lmh be so cute?

• Like 7
  • Love 2

10 minutes ago, syntyche said:

"The King" on Color Magazine

cr: minoz-皮皮pipi weibo 20200511

Reveal hidden contents

EXtZEXkU0AAl5Fg?format=jpg&name=small

syntyche, so NICE to know/see that the drama is featured in COLOR. The magazine is published quarterly funded by Benetton Clothing Co. I like this mag since it published in various bilingual edition including of course English. At least, many can appreciate what they're reading wherever you are.  :blush:

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

I think LG has so much potential to be more and I’m going to wait to see it. I don’t think the writer is just wasting away a good character. The time is just not right yet. 

But like you, I am thinking about his next project. I hope he does a dark genre movie. Not a scary one though lol. I don’t like scary movies. But goodness, he just thrives in action scenes so I would love to see him in another action movie. If not, maybe a melo love story? 

I don’t think we’ll be seeing him in the dramaland for awhile. But I hope he doesn’t make us wait too long. I’m already sad the king will end soon. 

He did do really well in LOTBS and he’s doing well in The King too but haters will hate no matter what. Anyone who says he can’t act characters that aren’t rich clearly has not seen faith or Gangnam blues. He’s brilliant!

I’ve been a fan for almost 8 years and counting. I discovered lmh when I entered college. I went away for school and was quite lonely and bored so I started watching Korean dramas. I discovered him in City Hunter then I watched Faith. Faith was what hooked me and I never looked back. I loved Choi Young so much by the end that I couldn’t move on from lmh. And here I am today, still here. Because I have been following him for years, I feel like I know him. And he’s such a sweet, kind hearted and humble person, it gets me angry when people try to tear him down. He deserves all the love he receives and no one has rights to discredit him for his hard work. If they think he got things handed down to him, they know nothing about him.

Anyway, am I the only one rooting for him to find love and start a family? Wouldn’t a mini lmh be so cute?

LG does have a lot of potential as a character to be fleshed out more. Hence my ranting in the Drama thread, but i need to be careful there are lurker there and maybe from now on, if I'm gonna rant about LG specifically, im gonna do it here :). Hopefully it's true that his time comes, cause we only have 8 episodes. I too am Sad think that The King will end in a month. I definitely want to see him in Darker/gritty character. That's my hope if LG do have doppelgänger in TKEM. And yes, I love him in Gangnam Blues.

I wonder why He doesn't do back to back Drama like he did 2009-2013. I realize that He was Busy after Heirs with CF and music Touring. And as a a newbie fan who lurked this thread since page 1, my hope for LMH second chapter is that he would be more focus specific things, choose the project He truly like and challenges himself a bit. Maybe I am the only one here, but I'm not a fan of his touring/music career and maybe be a bit more picky when it comes to CF. He has a lot of Money already and fame is established (14.3million IG follower), this is the time He can be more selective. His CF and music touring between 2013-2015 while im sure brought a lot of money and popularity, i don't think it will bring longevity for his acting career. He is a good actor and has room to improve, and if acting is what he is passionate about, i hope this second chapter he can truly spread his wings in this area, and can choose project that are not restricting him (ehem..... make out scene/bed scene lol)

I am a fan of Hana Yori Dango Franchise and after finishing the 2018 Meteor garden Netflix recommended Boys Over Flower. While it's not my favorite version, I was smitten by LMH portrayal of GJP and i was left wanting more and more of this actor. the rest is history, I watch all LMH dramas except for faith all last year and got me hooked on Drama again.

Nope, you are not the only one. I too want him to settle and have kids (with KGE hehehe). Well, with whoever He loves of course. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

24 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Heretorant, hahaha - find love yes but not to settle down & have a family yet. I feel that it's not the time yet, still too early - IDK but just my 2-cents worth.   :P

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

51 minutes ago, scrawford said:

Sigh....

Yeah I know those comments are unbelievable. But I still can’t help but reading them and my heart would ached badly the whole night. This is really eye opening okay... It’s my first time following his drama live I can’t believe how toxic knetz can be....and that really makes me want to protect his career and support him to the end. But then again I’m helpless that we can only support him from a distant and quietly. Arghhh being a fan has its internal struggles haha. 

23 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

You’re right I’m sure his time to shine will come. I really enjoyed LOTBS because he has so much screen time. It’s like the story is made just for him. 

I also have a feeling he’s gonna need some time to recuperate after this. What makes me even sad is he’s gonna take time to review scripts and plan things so we might have to wait a bit... I hope now that he is in Act 2 we get to hear his new works faster.

Totally...I’m rooting for him to find his true love and happiness....someone who shares his silence but stronger vision, who shares his laughter and accept him for who he is (feels like we have a good candidate in mind, do we?)

• Like 8
  • Love 2

8 minutes ago, scrawford said:

LG does have a lot of potential as a character to be fleshed out more. Hence my ranting in the Drama thread, but i need to be careful there are lurker there and maybe from now on, if I'm gonna rant about LG specifically, im gonna do it here :). Hopefully it's true that his time comes, cause we only have 8 episodes. I too am Sad think that The King will end in a month. I definitely want to see him in Darker/gritty character. That's my hope if LG do have doppelgänger in TKEM. And yes, I love him in Gangnam Blues.

I wonder why He doesn't do back to back Drama like he did 2009-2013. I realize that He was Busy after Heirs with CF and music Touring. And as a a newbie fan who lurked this thread since page 1, my hope for LMH second chapter is that he would be more focus specific things, choose the project He truly like and challenges himself a bit. Maybe I am the only one here, but I'm not a fan of his touring/music career and maybe be a bit more picky when it comes to CF. He has a lot of Money already and fame is established (14.3million IG follower), this is the time He can be more selective. His CF and music touring between 2013-2015 while im sure brought a lot of money and popularity, i don't think it will bring longevity for his acting career. He is a good actor and has room to improve, and if acting is what he is passionate about, i hope this second chapter he can truly spread his wings in this area, and can choose project that are not restricting him (ehem..... make out scene/bed scene lol)

I am a fan of Hana Yori Dango Franchise and after finishing the 2018 Meteor garden Netflix recommended Boys Over Flower. While it's not my favorite version, I was smitten by LMH portrayal of GJP and i was left wanting more and more of this actor. the rest is history, I watch all LMH dramas except for faith all last year and got me hooked on Drama again.

Nope, you are not the only one. I too want him to settle and have kids (with KGE hehehe). Well, with whoever He loves of course. 

Hahaha I think our rant there got people thinking we don’t like Lee Gon, which is NOT the case at all! Lol.

You and me both! I prefer for him to just focus on acting. I definitely want to see him act more challenging roles. I want him to do film because the options for characters are endless there. But I’m a sucker for dramas so I wish he comes back with one every year too. I’m asking for too much huh?

Ok, if you don’t watch Faith for the whole story, you might want to just watch for Choi Young and the imja couple. At least watch this music video. You have no idea how much it hurts. They are the sweetest couple I have ever witnessed in the Korean dramas. I love them so much it hurts. :bawling:

Hahahaha, like you, I support marriage with whoever he loves. But preferably, I’m hoping he loves KGE :lol:

• Like 4
  • Love 1