Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

*** The drama still cuts TONIGHT..... a confrontation in bamboo forest. It looks like this is intriguing. Looking forward to tonight!  :blush:

https://channels.vlive.tv/C7A6F1/vtoday/0.14079705

-------------------------------------------------------------------- 

A look at outstanding roles in "Emperor" Lee Min Ho's " career

https://channels.vlive.tv/C7A6F1/vtoday/1.14082295

• Like 4

17 hours ago, CallieP said:

I thought that King was not available in Europe yet so I am surprised that it is playing in UK.  Not many views for King on UK Netflix yet? He is not well-known there?  I thought he was the most popular Korean star in France and also in the Middle East but no information in those countries like we got some from Nigeria and India. If it is playing in the Middle East and Europe, it will be interesting to know the statistics. He is more popular in Asian countries than European countries but I was surprised that he is popular in India and Middle East. I think there is a Middle East Minoz and Mexico Minoz. I wonder how King is trending in Netflix Mexico or S. America or if there is Netflix in Mexico or S. America.

Are you watching King?

Hi CallieP- Netflix UK is completely separate from any   Netflix in Europe so have no idea if it is available in those countries. I hope it is. 
We get it as soon as it finishes in SK SBS ( we are 8 hours behind time wise so we get it Friday mid afternoon). I don’t know how it is doing here as Netflix don’t give stats. 

When I joined  I did email Minoz  and ask if there were any other members in the UK but didn’t get a reply. 

I am hoping he might eventually do a movie in English and get more known here.

finally you asked “are you watching The King”- are you joking- of course I am!!!!!!
Can’t wait for today’s episode.

• Like 9

59 minutes ago, Lindyloo421 said:

Hi CallieP- Netflix UK is completely separate from any   Netflix in Europe so have no idea if it is available in those countries. I hope it is. 
We get it as soon as it finishes in SK SBS ( we are 8 hours behind time wise so we get it Friday mid afternoon). I don’t know how it is doing here as Netflix don’t give stats. 

When I joined  I did email Minoz  and ask if there were any other members in the UK but didn’t get a reply. 

I am hoping he might eventually do a movie in English and get more known here.

finally you asked “are you watching The King”- are you joking- of course I am!!!!!!
Can’t wait for today’s episode.

:thumbsup: Did not see you comment in the King Thread so I was wondering because I like reading your comments. That is why I asked. :D

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, CallieP said:

:thumbsup: Did not see you comment in the King Thread so I was wondering because I like reading your comments. That is why I asked. :D

Ahh thanks CalliP- I haven’t commented in the King thread because I am so impressed by the brilliance of people’s explanation of the plot - it intimidates me a bit to be honest!

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

19 hours ago, Heretorant said:

OTBS received criticism from Koreans for the first few episodes but died down quickly after. On the international side, plenty were still scarred from Kim Tan. BUT, most everyone walked away enjoying lmh as Heo Joon Jae. Actually, plenty can agreed that he carried the drama and shined even next to JJH. Knetz too. So why then do people not remember him as HJJ? Because LOTBS wasn’t nearly as popular as Heirs.

Some fans of LMH as CY in Faith, hated the idea of him doing Kim Tan before the drama even started. They wanted him to do different roles after CY and felt KT was a demotion or letdown and even decided they were never going to watch it. That is how much they hated that character. I guess him being a school kid did not jive with them. If it was college, they would have preferred it more. So quite a lot of criticism for KT was the character. Did they stop being LMH's fans?  I don't know. I just know they loved him in Faith as CY. However, he got a lot of new fans for his role as KT. You lose some, you win some, Ha! Ha! Faith was a failure in terms of ratings and I think LMH was initially scarred by that and it was a drama that faced a lot of controversy and bad luck. However, after a few years, he grew fond of his role as CY as he realized how much love he received from that role and also many women claimed that CY helped them through a difficult time of their lives and that really touched him. Whether CY is his favorite role today, that I don't know. However, he received a lot of criticism too as CY. Some called him wooden and expressionless. Something like WDH is getting as JY. However, they know WDH can do better but the role is bad.   I think some fans like overacting and nuanced is bad acting.  Most of the time, I like nuanced acting from LMH.

• Like 9

18 hours ago, CallieP said:

I wonder how King is trending in Netflix Mexico

I believe I saw on a Facebook page that The King was #9 on Netflix Mexico a few weeks ago. Haven’t seen recent stats, tho.

• Like 6

Someone commented that 2 million watched King on Netflix but I could not find the original post.

May I have more details about that?  2 million from Netflix S. Korea or from some other country or all of Netflix  as a whole and where did Netflix release the information? Or where can I find that information, the person quoted? 

Thanks

• Like 4

A look at outstanding roles in "Emperor" Lee Min Ho's career

202004260911773591_5ea5b7db56488.jpg

Lee Min Ho is gradually conquering fangirls when becoming a true emperor in the drama "The King: Eternal Monarch".

This time, actor Lee Min Ho really becomes a king. After playing a second-generation tycoon, he has come back as the Emperor of the Korean Empire in the parallel universe and continued the journey to capture female viewers' hearts. Not to mention that he is such a perfectly handsome king. Right from his first work post-demobilization, Lee Min Ho takes on the role of a king riding a white horse, signaling the birth of a new legendary character in his filmography.

Let's take a look at Lee Min Ho's list of lifetime characters, from second-generation tycoons Goo Jun Pyo and Kim Tan to Emperor Lee Gon of the Korean Empire.

Spoiler

202004260911773591_5ea5b7dbc2ee8.jpg

# Goo Jun Pyo in "Boys Over Flowers"

It can be considered that "Boys Over Flowers" broadcasted in 2009 is Lee Min Ho's lifetime drama as well as his typical work. Adapted from the Japanese manga of the same name, "Boys Over Flowers" had already had a strong fan base and received explosive reactions when it was made into films in Japan and Taiwan. At that time, actor Lee Min Ho whose name wasn't well known was given the role of the male lead Goo Jun Pyo and started to capture the public's attention.

Goo Jun Pyo is the leader of group F4 and the heir of Shinhwa Group, Korea's typical chaebol. This is a presumptuous and egotistical character. Lee Min Ho has brought great success to the drama by perfectly showing Goo Jun Pyo's signature curly hair with his outstanding appearance. Starting from that point, he started the journey of stealing girls' hearts..

Spoiler

202004260911773591_5ea5b7dc37516.jpg

# Kim Tan in "The Heirs"

In the drama "The Heirs" on air in 2013 of screenwriter Kim Eun Sook, Lee Min Ho once again took on the role of a rich kid, Kim Tan, an image which probably doesn't exist in reality. This character has a lot of pain in his heart. Due to being a stepchild of the rich family, he suffers from his brother's pressure and is abandoned by his family.

Kim Tan bears resemblances to Goo Jun Pyo, but he is added with the signature attractiveness of dramas penned by Kim Eun Sook. Above all, he showcased his chemistry with co-actors Park Shin Hye and Kim Woo Bin, accentuating the character's charm. He succeeded in oozing the similar yet different appeal with Goo Jun Pyo and created a famous line "Do I like you?".

202004260911773591_5ea5b7dca0570.jpg

# Heo Joon Jae in "Legend of the Blue Sea"

In the drama "Legend of the Blue Sea", despite taking on the role of Heo Joon Jae, a cold-blooded swindler rather than a rich guy, Lee Min Ho still showed charisma that is not much different from the role of high school students born in rich families. Only with the fact that Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun stand in one frame is already enough to make "Legend of the Blue Sea" perfect like pictorials.

Heo Joon Jae is a scammer who has an excellent brain and handsome appearance. No longer coming from a tycoon family, he once again completed his role vividly and genuinely. Honestly, this role couldn't help him step out of Goo Jun Pyo and Kim Tan's shadow, but just the fact that his co-star was Jun Ji Hyun makes it a significant work in the actor's filmography.

202004260911773591_5ea5b7dd1c36d.jpg

# Lee Gon in "The King: Eternal Monarch"

In this drama, Lee Min Ho has become a true emperor. Finally, in his 30s, he has the chance to take off the school uniform and transforms into the 3rd Emperor of the Korean Empire. The actor chose the Fri-Sat drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" (SBS) of screenwriter Kim Eun Sook as the work that marks his comeback after he was discharged from the army. The character Emperor Lee Gon is even more handsome and wealthier than tycoons.

Although the audience's reactions to "The King: Eternal Monarch" are dissenting, the reputation of screenwriter Kim Eun Sook makes it worth expecting the various charms Lee Gon will display. Lee Gon is described as a perfect, all-round king with a calm personality and extraordinary appearance and manner, so viewers can't help but look forward to the charisma Lee Min Ho will soon give off in the drama.s://channels.vlive.tv/C7A6F1/vtoday/1.14082295

://channels.vlive.tv/C7A6F1/vtoday/1.14082295https://channels.vlive.tv/C7A6F1/vtoday/1.14082295

• Like 10

On 5/6/2020 at 9:51 PM, gtLmh0622 said:

A very good review on Weibo.

https://www.weibo.com/5264484713/J0ISz4jix?type=repost#_rnd1588822022108

Their acting is good It is reported that in order to play the role of the emperor, lee min-ho deliberately learned to use the air voice, also learned the Busan accent

When facing to different roles. there are different micro expressions on his face, facing to JTE is proudly and a little tsundere, facing to JY is relaxed, facing to lady Nah is like a spoiled child, facing to the prime minister is to deal with, very accurate

3 hours ago, CallieP said:

I think some fans like overacting and nuanced is bad acting.  Most of the time, I like nuanced acting from LMH.

I wonder what people think acting is.  If I can see a person is acting, I think that's bad acting.  LMH is perfect with his micro expressions.  :heart:

c439bb4d36b639fa560f2feb07131836f0785100

• Like 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, 1ouise said:

I wonder what people think acting is.  If I can see a person is acting, I think that's bad acting.  LMH is perfect with his micro expressions.  :heart:

YES! You said it perfectly!

It’s called acting, not overacting!

What do they want him to do? Furrow his brows when he’s angry! Lol. 

4 hours ago, CallieP said:

Whether CY is his favorite role today, that I don't know. However, he received a lot of criticism too as CY. Some called him wooden and expressionless. Something like WDH is getting as JY. However, they know WDH can do better but the role is bad.   I think some fans like overacting and nuanced is bad acting.  Most of the time, I like nuanced acting from LMH.

He portrayed CY flawlessly! CY was a broken soul and you can see it just by looking at lmh’s eyes. This is why I have a special place in my heart for CY. He wasn’t one to speak his feelings but you can feel all of his emotions by lmh’s acting. Truly the best and no one can own the role CY the way lmh did! He brought so much depth to that character. 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, CallieP said:

Someone commented that 2 million watched King on Netflix but I could not find the original post.

May I have more details about that?  2 million from Netflix S. Korea or from some other country or all of Netflix  as a whole and where did Netflix release the information? Or where can I find that information, the person quoted? 

Thanks

Swoon Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpiCK8c6PBktcxq7Az_t4RQ/videos

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, syntyche said:

In a few days time, Lee Min Ho will be the most followed Korean actor on Instagram :glasses:

Amazing!! He gained 1 million IG followers in less than 3 weeks, from the start of his drama The King. :love:

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

19 hours ago, syntyche said:

A look at outstanding roles in "Emperor" Lee Min Ho's career

Lee Min Ho is gradually conquering fangirls when becoming a true emperor in the drama "The King: Eternal Monarch".

This time, actor Lee Min Ho really becomes a king. After playing a second-generation tycoon, he has come back as the Emperor of the Korean Empire in the parallel universe and continued the journey to capture female viewers' hearts. Not to mention that he is such a perfectly handsome king. Right from his first work post-demobilization, Lee Min Ho takes on the role of a king riding a white horse, signaling the birth of a new legendary character in his filmography.

Let's take a look at Lee Min Ho's list of lifetime characters, from second-generation tycoons Goo Jun Pyo and Kim Tan to Emperor Lee Gon of the Korean Empire.

Reveal hidden contents

202004260911773591_5ea5b7dbc2ee8.jpg

# Goo Jun Pyo in "Boys Over Flowers"

It can be considered that "Boys Over Flowers" broadcasted in 2009 is Lee Min Ho's lifetime drama as well as his typical work. Adapted from the Japanese manga of the same name, "Boys Over Flowers" had already had a strong fan base and received explosive reactions when it was made into films in Japan and Taiwan. At that time, actor Lee Min Ho whose name wasn't well known was given the role of the male lead Goo Jun Pyo and started to capture the public's attention.

Goo Jun Pyo is the leader of group F4 and the heir of Shinhwa Group, Korea's typical chaebol. This is a presumptuous and egotistical character. Lee Min Ho has brought great success to the drama by perfectly showing Goo Jun Pyo's signature curly hair with his outstanding appearance. Starting from that point, he started the journey of stealing girls' hearts..

Reveal hidden contents

202004260911773591_5ea5b7dc37516.jpg

# Kim Tan in "The Heirs"

In the drama "The Heirs" on air in 2013 of screenwriter Kim Eun Sook, Lee Min Ho once again took on the role of a rich kid, Kim Tan, an image which probably doesn't exist in reality. This character has a lot of pain in his heart. Due to being a stepchild of the rich family, he suffers from his brother's pressure and is abandoned by his family.

Kim Tan bears resemblances to Goo Jun Pyo, but he is added with the signature attractiveness of dramas penned by Kim Eun Sook. Above all, he showcased his chemistry with co-actors Park Shin Hye and Kim Woo Bin, accentuating the character's charm. He succeeded in oozing the similar yet different appeal with Goo Jun Pyo and created a famous line "Do I like you?".

# Heo Joon Jae in "Legend of the Blue Sea"

In the drama "Legend of the Blue Sea", despite taking on the role of Heo Joon Jae, a cold-blooded swindler rather than a rich guy, Lee Min Ho still showed charisma that is not much different from the role of high school students born in rich families. Only with the fact that Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun stand in one frame is already enough to make "Legend of the Blue Sea" perfect like pictorials.

Heo Joon Jae is a scammer who has an excellent brain and handsome appearance. No longer coming from a tycoon family, he once again completed his role vividly and genuinely. Honestly, this role couldn't help him step out of Goo Jun Pyo and Kim Tan's shadow, but just the fact that his co-star was Jun Ji Hyun makes it a significant work in the actor's filmography.

# Lee Gon in "The King: Eternal Monarch"

In this drama, Lee Min Ho has become a true emperor. Finally, in his 30s, he has the chance to take off the school uniform and transforms into the 3rd Emperor of the Korean Empire. The actor chose the Fri-Sat drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" (SBS) of screenwriter Kim Eun Sook as the work that marks his comeback after he was discharged from the army. The character Emperor Lee Gon is even more handsome and wealthier than tycoons.

Although the audience's reactions to "The King: Eternal Monarch" are dissenting, the reputation of screenwriter Kim Eun Sook makes it worth expecting the various charms Lee Gon will display. Lee Gon is described as a perfect, all-round king with a calm personality and extraordinary appearance and manner, so viewers can't help but look forward to the charisma Lee Min Ho will soon give off in the drama.s://channels.vlive.tv/C7A6F1/vtoday/1.14082295

://channels.vlive.tv/C7A6F1/vtoday/1.14082295https://channels.vlive.tv/C7A6F1/vtoday/1.14082295

syntyche, thanks for re-sharing this article for me. :o

Spoiler

You see, I'm stranded in a place where there's still a lockdown right now due to my seminar prior this - I left my laptop home & can't still get flight back home. What is with me right now is my iPad, which you know that you can only do limited stuff. Actually, very hard to post something right now here using this. That's why, I can only post the link of this article in the previous page. I can also do the same thing here in some other threads. This is new to me being here with soompi for quite a long while. Sigh... this will pass soon, anyway so, bear with me in the meantime.... :blush:

Spoiler

• Like 1