Ask The Fellas

I've mentioned it a few times. I suppose that I shouldn't do it because I do plan to use it one day.

I say, "I can prove that you're attracted to me." She says, "How?" I write out Newton's Law of Universal Gravitation and I do the calculation, but I also need her mass, so it's tricky because I shouldn't ask and I shouldn't guess more than she weighs.

You probably can do it because it's not rude to ask a man for his weight. Double standard makes it acceptable.

Subject and class size may help.

If there's a class in session before yours and you wait outside the door, then you maybe could talk to him there. Small talk isn't very suspect.

If all else fails, then just blurt out, "I think that you're hot. We should date." It might work.

Guest feathershield

I wanna ask if you guys will let your friend confess for you?There are this guy, his friends told me multiple times that he likes me. But I'm not really sure since he never say it himself.
He was also there when they were telling me and they only said these things when I was alone by myself. They were like: "xxx said that he kinda love you. He said he never met any other girl quite like you." or "Hey, do you know who xxx likes? You!" When his friends were saying all these, he didn't make any remarks or whatever. He remained silent.And one time, this friend just said it out loud: "Hey! You know? He was trying to *something that'll impress me* because he wanna chase you. "He was there, and there was awkward silence between us. I was like " O_o Ohhhhh." My mind went blank and didn't know how to answer that.And then he said something that made the situation more awkward "You tell her to run, then."Then, I pretended to do something else.
So, do you think that he likes me or I'm sensing some wrong signals here.

Guest feathershield

odaesan

said: So vague.

If my friends already made it obvious, then I would ask to talk to the girl in private and I would tell her myself. I can't let others express what I feel without doing it myself. Maybe that's just me.

Guest orchid85

Hi guys! Recently I befriended with this one guy on FB. We've been messaging each other back and forth. He knows that I like him from a friend. Without being so awkward I decided to message him on FB. I told him that i just wanted to make new friends and u seem like a nice guy. He replied back and said he don't mind making new friends either. So we just message each other casually. Is he just being nice? I don't want to message him all the time cuz that can be very annoying, but i want to get to know him better though as a friend. What do u guys think?

He may be doing the same thing that you're doing. You already presented the idea of being friends.

You can send him more messages if that's what you want, but not so much about all his interests or all your interests at once because that gives people the wrong idea.

Guest Shellymelly

boys!i met a guy whos older thru a hangout with my coworkers. we nvr worked together so it was the first time i met him. i added him on fb after our hangout and talked to him a day after (b/c i was too scared to talk to him). however, thru my friends encouragement, i gathered up the courage to talk to him. he sounded really nice and we had a pretty pleasant conversation for about 2 hours. he actually replied with long sentences, yay!. but then he stopped replying even tho he had "seen" my message lol. so after that, we didnt talk anymore and its been almost a week. he is quitting very soon too. =[ i kinda wanna ask my friend to ask him what he thinks about me at work next week, but idk if i should do it... i think ill probably get rejected. hes older and hes really well rounded ><. what should i do guys? i really dont want to initiate a conversation again because it feels like if he wanted to talk to me he wouldve replied my message... D: please help! thank u!

Guest shooting_stars

Hi fellas!
So I met a guy through some friends that I'm sort of interested in. However, we only run into each other whenever a mutual friend throws a party, and that's not often (and the time gap between the parties is usually a couple of months). Both times that I've met him so far, he approached me and seemed to want to talk to me, but it's always bad timing because another guy usually comes up to me and starts talking too, and I'm pretty buzzed by then so I get distracted really easily. One time, he came to my workplace with some friends and he kept looking at me, but I didn't recognize him until he left...which I felt bad about, because I think he wanted to say hi? Anyway, it's been over two weeks since the last time I saw him, and even then, we didn't get to talk that much because another guy had cut in and he disappeared afterwards. I find him attractive and would like to get to know him some more, but I'm not sure how. What would you guys suggest? Or do you think it's too late? I'm not sure if I'm going to see him again for a while...he doesn't always show up at our mutual friend's gatherings whenever we're all hanging out. Oh, also, I'm not comfortable with telling any of our mutual friends about my interest in him. I don't like to deal with the inevitable teasing...
Thanks!

Guest rickertv2

shooting_stars said: Hi fellas!
So I met a guy through some friends that I'm sort of interested in. However, we only run into each other whenever a mutual friend throws a party, and that's not often (and the time gap between the parties is usually a couple of months). Both times that I've met him so far, he approached me and seemed to want to talk to me, but it's always bad timing because another guy usually comes up to me and starts talking too, and I'm pretty buzzed by then so I get distracted really easily. One time, he came to my workplace with some friends and he kept looking at me, but I didn't recognize him until he left...which I felt bad about, because I think he wanted to say hi? Anyway, it's been over two weeks since the last time I saw him, and even then, we didn't get to talk that much because another guy had cut in and he disappeared afterwards. I find him attractive and would like to get to know him some more, but I'm not sure how. What would you guys suggest? Or do you think it's too late? I'm not sure if I'm going to see him again for a while...he doesn't always show up at our mutual friend's gatherings whenever we're all hanging out. Oh, also, I'm not comfortable with telling any of our mutual friends about my interest in him. I don't like to deal with the inevitable teasing...
Thanks!

Guest shooting_stars

rickertv2 said: shooting_stars said: Hi fellas!
Thanks!

Guest nameeka297

Hi guys!there's this one boy, and people keep saying that  he likes mewe've been texting each other almost every night..but then i got to know that his ex looks almost like mewe even share the same nameso i was starting to wonder, does he really like me or he still likes her?i mean, if the reason why he likes me is because i look like her, it's pretty sad =|

@nameeka297 That is a very rare coincidence. You can slip the mention of his ex-girlfriend into the conversation and see how he reacts to it, but the chances are high that he does want you to be a "stand-in" of sorts. Why does he like you? Has he said that you have a lot in common or did he just approach you with a vague "I like you" that probably is based on your looks?

Anyway, what did you want to do? I know that most people wouldn't like to date others who would use them as replacements, but what would you do if it was otherwise?

Guest iilysium

Hey Soompiers. Is there some unwritten rule thing for guys that as long as a girl is not married, even if she has a boyfriend, then she's fair game?
From my distant observation of people, men and women, it seems as though a good portion of guys don't seem to care if a girl has a boyfriend if he's interested in her. And for some portion of guys, they don't care if she's married.

Guest kpopworld92

I've been following this thread for a while and I think you guys are very helpful :) Thanks for taking the time to answer our oh-so-many questions! Hahaa
So I was wondering....what does this mean, given this situation: My friend and I go to a weekly club meeting and there's this guy that she became friends with after hanging out with him at a club activity (which I didn't go). When my friend and I go to these meetings, we usually see him and he'll come over to greet her while I just stand there a bit awkwardly as they do small talk. We glance at each other at first and I'll smile but he'd go straight to talking to her. We've never introduced ourselves and my friend isn't rude for not introducing us because I think she believes we've met since I know him (he's an outgoing club member). Sometimes he'll mention something like "Oh, by the way, are you guys going to [another club activity?]" so it means he's asking both of us. But if I happen to be at an activity and my friend isn't around, he and I don't interact at all even though we pretty much recognize each other. I'm shy myself and he's outgoing so I thought he would introduce himself. I admit, my friend is way prettier than me and a social butterfly.I have no interest in him but am curious as to why he acts this way...maybe he prefers to hang out with outgoing, pretty girls? But he doesn't give off that shallow vibe....I'm probably overthinking this hahaa