Ask The Fellas

Guest shinobi007

jieun96 said: is it true that guys' first loves are unforgettable?
edit: more so than girls though? i heard that guys tend to be more attached to their first loves than girls...

Guest chloe_addict

Question:
Since I've started uni, I've become very good friends with this guy in my class (who happens to live down the street from me). When we hang out, just the 2 of us, we never seem to run out of things to talk about, whether it's joking with each other to talking about more serious things. 
But the problem is I feel a bit uneasy and nervous whenever I interact with his gf. Usually, I'm a very pleasant person when it comes to meeting people, and I can talk to anyone. (Ex: I can talk to people while waiting in line and learn about that person based on the stories he/she was telling me about.) But when I first met his gf when she moved down here to be with him, I felt this awkwardness between us because she didn't reciprocate to my cheerfulness. Whenever my guy friend invites me over to his place, and I see his gf, I will give a big smile and say "hi" and try to initiate a conversation. But she doesn't really further the conversation, leaving me in an awkward place. 
Also, is it normal for a guy to walk a girl back home every time? I just live a few houses down from him, and he'll always walk me back (since it's night-time) and then give me a hug good-bye afterwards (but he's a hugger though). I never thought much of it before his gf moved in with him, but now, I don't know...is his gf ok with it? I don't want to be a fool and cause a rift between me + his gf. I don't expect to be best buddies with her but at least be socially polite! 
I'm probably over-analyzing this...right? Thanks for the help, guys! Ladies' comments are welcomed too! :) 

Guest Nyanko

I've had a boyfriend for the past few months (I mean relatively few, half a year in a few days).
We've known each other for over a year and we're good friends. He's a little peculiar, not the most social, significantly more introverted than I am (although I'm a ball of extroversion so that's not to say he's a recluse or anything, just isn't as apt to make plans with other people like I am), but he jokes around a lot.
I'm a very lovely-dovey person, and he *sometimes* is. Sometimes he's really cute and adorable, and then other times he act more like a friend than a boyfriend to me. We're each other's first significant other, and maybe because I am so extroverted and such a typical girl that I'm just overly emotive, but he's not like that and doesn't express nearly as much of his affection towards me as he did before we stared dating and a few months into the relationship. It's not that he ignores me or anything like that, so I'm assuming (and hoping) that he didn't fall out of "love" with me, but he's just very awkward and doesn't seem to understand the concept of a relationship to the degree that I wish he did.
I have no problem confronting him (and I somewhat did just to clarify that I wasn't being a burden, which he apologetically reassured me - but that clearly did very little), I just don't know /what/ to say. I don't know how to convey my feelings in words. I'm not angry, or upset, just wanting more. Any suggestions, or guidance, or reality checks that maybe I didn't find the right one, or similar stories? Lay it on me.
I'm in college by the way.

Guest georgieprod

@chloe_addict
if you're not enjoying spending time with his friends and gf, then why are you so clingy to that guy; why do you insist on hanging out with his group of friend? is it because you like that guy? sure you live close to each other, but it seems like you're developing feelings for him knowing hes already in a relationship. if he's really just a friend, and nothing more, then you shouldn't have to rely on him to pass time. if he is the only one you enjoy spending time with, then it seems to me you're developing feelings for him.
seeking new friends/spending time with other friends and spending less time with him shouldn't be a problem if you're not into him. if you're dependent on his presence, then there is a problem, and his gf should be concerned...
thats just my few cents~

Guest chloe_addict

@georgieprod
Just to clarify, I've never asked to go over to his place or join in with their group. Every time, he's the one who texts me and calls me to invite me to his place to hang out with his friends. Many times, I will say I can't if I am indeed busy, but that doesn't stop him from inviting me over. I've never once asked him to walk me back and even mentioned that it wasn't necessary. Yet he insists anyways. So I don't think it's accurate to call me "clingy". 
Do I like the guy? Sure, as friends who support each other during all the stressful times we go through in school. 
@Ninshark
Thanks for the suggestions. We do see each other at school, but it doesn't give us a lot of chance to talk/catch up. I don't think we should hang out at my place unless I were inviting everyone over for dinner or something. So I think if I wanted to hang out with him, it'll be at a neutral spot like at school or at a coffee shop.

Guest georgieprod

@chloe_addict
well if thats the case then i suggest spending less time at his place and around his friends if you don't like them. i mean what reason do you have to spend time with people you don't even like? is he that great of a friend that you'd put yourself in an uncomfortable situation just to be in his company? idunno... it sounds like you're hanging out with his friends just to get with him... i mean you already have him all to yourself at school... isn't that enough of him; especially if he's just a friend and nothing else?
anyways... if you're trying to make friends with his friends, then you should give up. they don't seem to be budging, or perhaps you're doing things the wrong way. all in all, i think you shouldn't do things you don't like doing. in this case spending time with your guy friend's friends and his gf... i dont think i understand why you'd put yourself in that sort of situation when you can find better people to interact with, unless you're trying to get closer with that guy... >.>

Guest xFloOwuffBB

Is it less attractive to a guy if a girl looks more so the cute/adorable type rather than the hot/sexy appearance?

Guest chloe_addict

georgieprod said: @chloe_addict
well if thats the case then i suggest spending less time at his place and around his friends if you don't like them. i mean what reason do you have to spend time with people you don't even like? is he that great of a friend that you'd put yourself in an uncomfortable situation just to be in his company? idunno... it sounds like you're hanging out with his friends just to get with him... i mean you already have him all to yourself at school... isn't that enough of him; especially if he's just a friend and nothing else?
anyways... if you're trying to make friends with his friends, then you should give up. 

Guest georgieprod

@chloe_addict
from my perspective i really don't see why you would hang around with them. can you tell me?
also i've already acknowledged that you've tried what you could; hence the part you left out where i said they weren't budging. kindness can only go so far. if people won't treat you the same way you treat them, then they're not worth your time is all i'm saying.
you've done your share of being "socially polite", and obviously they're not treating you any better; so why should you accept their cold shoulders?. if your excuse to be around them is to be persistent, then best of luck to you.

Guest iilysium

chloe_addict said: Question:
Since I've started uni, I've become very good friends with this guy in my class (who happens to live down the street from me). When we hang out, just the 2 of us, we never seem to run out of things to talk about, whether it's joking with each other to talking about more serious things. 
But the problem is I feel a bit uneasy and nervous whenever I interact with his gf. Usually, I'm a very pleasant person when it comes to meeting people, and I can talk to anyone. (Ex: I can talk to people while waiting in line and learn about that person based on the stories he/she was telling me about.) But when I first met his gf when she moved down here to be with him, I felt this awkwardness between us because she didn't reciprocate to my cheerfulness. Whenever my guy friend invites me over to his place, and I see his gf, I will give a big smile and say "hi" and try to initiate a conversation. But she doesn't really further the conversation, leaving me in an awkward place. 
Also, is it normal for a guy to walk a girl back home every time? I just live a few houses down from him, and he'll always walk me back (since it's night-time) and then give me a hug good-bye afterwards (but he's a hugger though). I never thought much of it before his gf moved in with him, but now, I don't know...is his gf ok with it? I don't want to be a fool and cause a rift between me + his gf. I don't expect to be best buddies with her but at least be socially polite! 
I'm probably over-analyzing this...right? Thanks for the help, guys! Ladies' comments are welcomed too! :) 

xFloOwuffBB said: Is it less attractive to a guy if a girl looks more so the cute/adorable type rather than the hot/sexy appearance?
They're both important. Every woman is capable of portraying both, just as every man is able to display his feminine and masculine side. To have one without the other is incomplete.

imo. dazzIe said: men, do you like cuddling after sex? Some guys like it. Some dudes hate that richard simmons. Wtf is this question doing here?
Ask the dude you're with, not us.